New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus:] The Sleeping Goblin II, I Wonder If He's Up Yet?

Well, there's some fridges that keep the drinks ice cold!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds good. It attracts the part-ogre like a magnet, and he opens it, wondering if he ought to steal everything there. Why not? It wasn't like there was anyone around who was using it, or who would try to stop him.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

The fridge has a lock. The kitchen smells very good.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Pixie in the Playground

Considering that Lathe has a ring of keys and acid breath, I think opening the door would be easy. He'll try the keys first. If that doesn't work then he'll blast it with acid. Because, according to him at least, that solves just about everything!

He's wasting his acid. He only has so much of it, and he's wasting it, the moron! Ah well, at least he still has all of his spells...

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the keys unlocks the door. It opens. Inside are various brews, on the top shelf is a gallon of frozen blood. It's mysteriously missing about a pint.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Pixie in the Playground

For a moment Lathe is frozen, staring at the

bloodbloodbloodblood

Red, delicious, metallic, salty treat!

No, no, no! He's only just recovered from the blood-lust and Swing, and he's not ready to revisit that. He'd made such a fool of himself, collapsing onto Prism's lap and crying his eyes out while she stroked his hair and whispered soothing Enochian, promising the Swing would end soon.

At the memory he snarls and drags his eyes away from the blood, reaching instead for the mead. Damned if he didn't need it.

For some bizarre reason he doesn't even question the fact that there is blood in the fridge at all...

Once he has the mead - assuming nothing leaps out and attacks him of course - he'll take a huge swig, and then look around the kitchen for anything of interest. Anything shiny or could be considered valuable would be interesting.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the moment he reaches for a tall glass of mead the fridge suddenly jumps at him! It knew that Marty would always be sure to wash it's windows before opening. The magical fridge senses that whoever is grabbing the mead would not be an employee, seeing as an employee would not find the keys without Marty in the first place. It knew that Marty had left the premises temporarily. So it considered whoever was here to be a thief! It's sides grew terrible teeth and the fridge door tries to slam him inside the fridges maw. The drinks have been teleported to a pocket dimension as the inside of the fridge becomes a mouth, leading to places unknown.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, there it was. A defense system.

Lathe yanks his arm back, but he hadn't been cautious enough and it was too slow. The door and it's teeth slammed shut against his arm.

The teeth tear a nice big cut in the flesh... but they stop just after cutting through the skin. His huge green scales, harder than diamond and extraordinarily resilient to anything, have been exposed as the flesh is scraped away. Rivers of blood splash down the side of his arm as it's caught in the teeth, but they don't even scratch the scales.

Unprepared for the attack, Lathe actually feels the first wave of pain as his skin is flayed. But a quick adjustment in his mind, just like flipping a switch, and all traces of pain wipe from his mind.

Alright! He'd been hoping for a chance to cause some destruction! What fun!

With a shout of draconic, his hands spray acid in every direction. The one inside the fridge is attempting to melt the fridge from inside-out. The other, on the outside is doing the opposite, attempting to melt through the fridge to unstick his hand.

He's laughing, a deep booming laugh, as if he finds this, his wounds, everything, utterly amusing.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

The fridge is hit and begins to whimper. However it continues snapping at the imposter. A set of ten knives float in the air and then fling themselves at the thied's back.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Pixie in the Playground

Again the skin on his back is shredded, revealing perfect green scales. The knives can't possibly stick deep enough to cause any internal damage.

More laughter as he considers changing forms here and now. But nah, he can do this without a full change. At least it was a challenge!

He yanks his arm away the fridge, good and hard. Another strip of skin falls away revealing even more scales underneath. It doesn't matter to him. He can get Prism to heal him later.

Now that he has two hands he can cast a better spell. Another cackled draconic word sends a sheath of acid up, wrapping around his body. Anything touching him will most likely disintegrate upon contact with his new full-body acid-armor.

As such, he places a hand against the fridge, hoping to melt/disintegrate it.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

The fridge's magic fails and it half dissolves. The drinks reappear in the area of the fridge not melted to liquid. The knives halfway melt too. A cabinet of magic potions hang on the wall! Multicolored and almost beckoning to be stolen!

The dragon invader might hear the footstep of a figure in large boots. If he looks around he will see a figure. He's clad in black. Black boots, black shirt, black pants. He has a shiny black cloak that is possibly magical. The figure wears a black mask that covers it's entire face. The mask is completely void. No features. Who knows how the figure can even see. The figure has a black vest and belt. It has a black sword tied to it's belt in a sheath. Even the sword is black. The hilt is in the form of...Odd. A snake in chain. Almost resembling...something anyone who knew Inspector Thenadier would know...

The figure seems to stare right at the dragon thing and then disapears. Only there for half a second...maybe it never existed....But then the music. It seems to pore from the walls, the floor, everywhere. The lights seem to flicker. ......No one likes a thief.... The voice is a hard, cruel, and downright resentful voice. You don't seem to be particularly intelligent....So, I'll say this once for you; Leave. Or die. Who knows why the figure is so awfully protective of this inn. Probably because it was the figures home after all.

Meanwhile, the two remaining employees underground will suddenly be shocked. The portcullis starts to close. The lights slowly start to dim. Now, it is pitch black. Magical darkness. Even Turin's staff should be void. Metaclock's eyes fail him. The music that had occurred upstairs now blasts at huge volumes around the underground labyrinth. The floor shakes. Almost like an earthquake. Water starts to fill the area. It appears to be moving like a tide almost. In half an hour the water will reach the rock where the figure's home is located.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

"What's this?!" Turin looks around for an exit. "It appears we have lingered for too long." In desperation, his attention falls on the mannequin—or, more accurately, the clothes on the mannequin. He runs over to them and attempts to discern if they hold any magical properties.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no exist other than the portcullis. The clothes are evidently magical. Various enchantments layer them. However it seems a forcefield covers the clothes. Metaclock thinks its about time they escape. He walks under the portcullis and tries to keep it from falling, however, the golem's arms will soon fail him. They'd better leave quick!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe's keen ears pick up everything, but he isn't ready to leave just yet.

He reaches into the melted shell of the fridge, scoops out about half the contents of mead and shoves it into a bag of holding at his waist. What a reward!

I will leave, but not 'till I'm good and ready.

Next he walks over to the potion rack, scanning for anything appearing to be a healing potion. He's on high alert as he very cautiously reaches for one.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

No...I don't think you will ever leave this place..Goodbye. Thief. The doors magically shut. Suddenly the ground shakes and the giant potion rack suddenly falls. The mixtures of dangerous chemicals start to fall onto the dragon thief. At the same time an odd smelling gas fills the kitchen...Is that? Gasoline! The room is filliing up with it! That can't be good.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Pixie in the Playground

When Lathe starts to realize what's going on, he suddenly wonders whether all this was a good idea...

But that's no way for a green dragon to think! It's a challenge and nothing more!

Still... maybe this challenge would be easier if he called for Prism... She was nearby, he could feel her protective light from all the way over here. PRISM! He hollers as loudly as he can.

The potions fall on him, but he'd been expecting something like that and leaps to the side. He's splashed by several, but they don't seem to do anything as he'd had his mouth clamped firmly shut and hadn't drunk any.

Okay... now he could smell gas. That's never a good thing. Except when you're used to living with a red dragon. TWO red dragons, he has to remind himself. His new sister, Nixa, was a red dragon as well.

He sits on a counter and draws his legs in. From his back arc two wings. They're brown and leathery, with strange green veins and huge spikes adorning them. He can't fly with them, but Draaxar had enchanted them time and time again to be - you guessed it - fireproof. He curls them around himself into a protective cocoon and waits for the explosion.

----

At the front of the shop a figure so golden that her features as masked by rays of light enters. She searches the room with her eyes. Lathe? She calls, worried. it isn't hard to detect the smell of gasoline. Lathe? she repeats. Oh dear, what's he gotten himself into?

She crosses to the door, gently tries to coax them to open for her.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-03-02 at 10:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the potions splash at the floor. A large hole appears where the liquids merged into toxic acid. Then an odd thing happens. Up in the rafters a voice whispers. Let's see if I can provide a little...illumination! The figure drops a match. In the next second the figure's gone. The match strikes the floor. The kitchen was full of explosive gases and materials. The kitchen explodes. The roof flies into the sky, and the walls blow out into pieces. The rest of the inn catches fire. The noise of the explosion rocks the very ground. The various potions that were stored have magical explosive properties. Mixed with the gas and explosions. They blow up too, causing a firecracker effect. Shrapnel flies around the area.

Metaclock and Turin would hear it.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Pixie in the Playground

Esiasch! Prism screams in Enochian as the kitchen explodes. The door flies open from the blast and catches her in the face. She's tossed backwards like a rag doll, connecting with the bar counter with a loud CRACK! Esiasch... brother... she coughs as she fals to the floor. Her voice is choked with blood, her body covered in bloody scratches and huge burns.

Lathe slowly unfurls his wings, laughing and laughing. He jumps down and examines himself. Completely unscathed save for the cuts he'd recieved earlier. Whistling a jaunty tune as he surveys the destruction he leaves to the main part of the bulding.

What he comes across is the bloody mess of a crumpled golden angel. She's sparkling, gorgeous, even her skin shines despite the blood. The golden dress is mostly ash now, and her equally golden skin, with such lovely patterns of light dancing up it, is burned and blackened.

Prism! He hisses, rushing to her side and brushing back the blonde curls of her hair.

Esiasch, what have you done? She ficks open yellow eyes and coughs, spraying a warm jet of blood ino his face. You've odqvasb, destroyed, this paradial, this inn! Her mixture of common and Enochian words and thick through her blood.

Lathe snarls at her. It's no big deal. You can heal yourself and the inn attacked me! We need to leave. Now!

But Prism won't heal herself just yet. Because to do so would mean they'd leave, and she needs to stay, apologize and offer help to the innkeeper for the trouble her brother has caused. She won't leave this mess here, not even if it means her death. Ah, the foolish purity of angels.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

She might have to wait a while...Metaclock and Turin are exploring and Marty's in Cylar.

Though she'd probably be better off talking to Marty...he's much more sentimental and forgiving...

The door out of SG magically opens. The kitchen door miraculously remains! It closes too! What have you done!? The voice explodes.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe laughs rudely, destroyed the inn. It was fun.

Please. Prism chokes, struggling to sit up. She's addressing whatever is speaking too them. We... *I* don't mean any harm. We'll pay for the damage. Do you own this inn?

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

The voice doesn't seem to have an owner. It just can be heard. No...I do not...Either way, you have upsetted me. Turn around. Let me see you.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe helps Prism to her feet. The angel is scorched and blood-covered, but she doesn't actually feel any pain. Just aches, and a raw feeling as though moving really wasn'tsomething she should be doing.

She turns, letting whatever it is see her.

The best word to describe Prism would be: Golden.

She's just that. Gold hair falling around her shoulders in soft durls, golden eyes, golden dress, even her skin seems to shine, with light patterns dancing at random across it at every movement she makes. She seems to draw at the light around her, pull it towards her, ler it fall on her fair - if somewhat burned - skin.

She's an angel. But there's something odd about this angel. Her claws, long and sharp, are uncovered and are definitely not angelic. In fact, if anything, they appear to be draconic.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

Turin quickly makes his way under the portcullis. "Let's make our escape, shall we?" He drags the gondola behind him, and as soon as both he and Metaclock are on the safe side of the portcullis he boards the vessel.

"Did you hear that explosion just now? It sounded like it came from aboveground... somewhere inside of your establishment. Perhaps we should save this dungeon crawl for another time and see what's causing the ruckus upstairs?" He mutters, "In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea for us to leave the bar entirely unattended..."

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: [Nexus:] The Sleeping Goblin II, I Wonder If He's Up Yet?

Prism would not see the figure. The voice states, You'd be pretty if you had better clothes...maybe not as bright. But, I will deal with you later...I have business.

Metaclock nods. They should have no trouble until the reach the entrance, which is now blocked by something! They can't get out

Also, I will be up insanely early tomorrow and will be able to post early.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Pixie in the Playground

Prism snarls at the insult. Her clothes were... in ruins actually. Okay, so maybe it had been correct. Keep your temper, your pride must be kept in check.

Let's leave, Prism. For Andaress' sake, heal yourself! Lathe is hissing at her.

But no, there's no pain and she can deal with the blood and burns for now. She's fine to wait. Still, when she sees the blood coating Lathe's arms...

She sighs, scoops up his arm and presses her hand to it. The world seems to glow just a little brighter for a moment. Then it's back to normal, she removes her hand, and the flesh has knit back together again.

We will wait, Esiasch. Paience.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Hey! New People!))
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

"Metaclock, are you strong enough to move whatever is obstructing the passage? If not, I may have to get rough with the foundation of your building."

((Good to know.))

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

Carmine follows the trail of smoke to the tavern, he give it a glance and remebers that there was word about how this place was hiring. "2 birds, 1 stone it seems." He mutters to himself as he walks into the tavern long coat and all. "Evening everyone, the name is Carmine and I saw the smoke from a ways off. Everyone all right?" Carmine stands waiting for a reply, also hoping he didn't come in at a bad time.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Pixie in the Playground

The only two people Carmine would see is Prism (detailed description of her here) and Lathe - who's back to normal now that his arms have been healed. ((Lathe is a very large hulking figure - definitely part ogre - although he appears human)

We're alright but the tavern took some... er, a lot of damage.

Lathe laughs. It was fun!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    We're alright but the tavern took some... er, a lot of damage.
    Carmine moves forward taking off his hat and scanning the area. "Seems so, glad to hear nobody got caught in the rucus. So what is the story about what happened here?" Carmine says as he walks over to the large man. "I didn't get your name." Carmine says as he puts forward a hand in greeting as he tilts his head a little ways up to be eye to eye with the fella, he thinks to himself that he might want to be little bit tight lipped so as not to offend the large man.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.