New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

By The Lake

"Tree Goblins aren't Hobgoblins. Hobgoblins call themselves 'High Goblins' where I'm from, because they alone of all the goblin species didn't leave the grasslands where our cities were built when our empire was crushed by the First Elvish Empire. They're OK, though, once you're used to their endless bluster and attempts at arrogance." All the goblin species of Myrim's homeworld have one advantage over the others; Marsh Goblins can breathe underwater, Tree Goblins have sticky pads on their hands and feet, Hobgoblins are the biggest, Island Goblins are master mariners and Cliff Goblins still have the secrets of forging iron and bronze. They also have different problems to deal with; Marsh Goblins are part of a complex food web and aren't as high on it as they'd like, Tree Goblins are raided regularly by Wood Elves, the plains where Hobgoblins live are home to many other sentient species, Island Goblins have nowhere to flee from Sea Elves and Cliff Goblin communities are always worried about landslides.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Outside the Main Cabin

"Well, that's good. Bein burned at stake is something I'd rather avoid." The hob says, nodding sagely. "What's technology around here like? How close have people gotten to non-magical flight?"
    Technology here varies. Some people use very high tech, other stick to more primitive things. There's plenty of ways to fly without magic, though. She used one recently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Cabin 8]

Shrike nods. "Scaled in an appropriate fashion to the threat. And without the flaws, I would hope."
    Of course, she herself is free of the Great Curse...
    "I believe you...we?...have chosen well."
    That remains to be seen.
    Hunters are scattered and divided. But hopefully they will tip the scales in the centuries-old shadow war.
    And they will not subjugate the people they will save like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

"Tree Goblins aren't Hobgoblins. Hobgoblins call themselves 'High Goblins' where I'm from, because they alone of all the goblin species didn't leave the grasslands where our cities were built when our empire was crushed by the First Elvish Empire. They're OK, though, once you're used to their endless bluster and attempts at arrogance." All the goblin species of Myrim's homeworld have one advantage over the others; Marsh Goblins can breathe underwater, Tree Goblins have sticky pads on their hands and feet, Hobgoblins are the biggest, Island Goblins are master mariners and Cliff Goblins still have the secrets of forging iron and bronze. They also have different problems to deal with; Marsh Goblins are part of a complex food web and aren't as high on it as they'd like, Tree Goblins are raided regularly by Wood Elves, the plains where Hobgoblins live are home to many other sentient species, Island Goblins have nowhere to flee from Sea Elves and Cliff Goblin communities are always worried about landslides.
    Brinika's ears twitch. This really is a lot of information for a kid.
    How do you remember all this stuff?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Near the Lake

Julie is amazed that worked, he must not have been concentrating on the race, otherwise a trick like that would have been worthless. When he lands next to her she'll throw her arms around his neck, rubbing her cheek to his lovingly.

"We should definitely fly more places together. That was quite a rush. Any idea who we should talk to? There's supposed to be a council around somewhere."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

"Wait, someone here's already discovered the secrets of flight!?" The aeronaut's smile vanishes in an instant, replaced by shock and horror. That was meant to be his crowning achievement! He was going to be the first person to fly without the use of magic! "Who? Where!? How!?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"There's no paper in the swamps, so our history is passed down by word of mouth, and my father was a historian. He was teaching me, so I know the basics and the early stuff. And I've met a Hobgoblin, and two Tree Goblins." Both of those goblin species are easier for the City Elves to enslave than Marsh Goblins, because City Elves are somewhat inflexible when it comes to equipment, and keep sending heavily armoured elf cavalry into the swamps on raids. Most never leave the swamps, either killed by quicksand, eaten by predators, or killed by poisoned darts hurled by Marsh Goblin warriors either ambushing from pools or swooping down on dragonfly-back. Or they get hopelessly lost.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the lake]

Eric will hold Julie close as long as she snuggles up to him. "Yeah, there should be. Maybe someone will bring us to them," certainly lots of people around.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-04 at 05:52 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Outside the Main Cabin

"Wait, someone here's already discovered the secrets of flight!?" The aeronaut's smile vanishes in an instant, replaced by shock and horror. That was meant to be his crowning achievement! He was going to be the first person to fly without the use of magic! "Who? Where!? How!?"
    Lots of people, Reelshka says, actually feeling a bit bad for the inventor. In many different ways. Depending on the technology level involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

"There's no paper in the swamps, so our history is passed down by word of mouth, and my father was a historian. He was teaching me, so I know the basics and the early stuff. And I've met a Hobgoblin, and two Tree Goblins." Both of those goblin species are easier for the City Elves to enslave than Marsh Goblins, because City Elves are somewhat inflexible when it comes to equipment, and keep sending heavily armoured elf cavalry into the swamps on raids. Most never leave the swamps, either killed by quicksand, eaten by predators, or killed by poisoned darts hurled by Marsh Goblin warriors either ambushing from pools or swooping down on dragonfly-back. Or they get hopelessly lost.
    Oh. I went to school back home and here too. I learned from books. But I hadn't met any non-goblins before I came here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1418

Outside the Main Cabin

Andy comes out from the Main Room and it seems like he searched for Reelshka.

"I did the paperwork, seems like we get some money back from the governance. So is there anything else I could help you?"

I still remember his offer to deal with some things to get her more free time sadly Andy's player wasn't able to answer the door^^.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-12-04 at 06:05 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Near the lake

A girl is walking around the lake. She is not notably tall, short, beautiful, ugly, shapely, boxy, skinny, fat, or unnotable. She has the kind of face that reminds you of that other person you know, but not really all that much now that you get a good look at it. However, her straight hair is worn long and is bright orange.

Oh, wait, it's that girl, what's her name? Kate. Kate Kyland.

She stops walking and looks at the odd duo that just landed, a female with demon wings and a...

What is that thing?

Kate's not sure what to make of them, but they don't look like the most innocent of folks. If Kate varies her walk slightly, she can walk past as if there was no trouble and no one would be suspicious...

She is walking toward them. Why is she-

"Hello."

She has no right to complain that she gets dragged into crazy things, not this time. She could have avoided it easily.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"The swamps belong to the Lizardpeople and the Marsh Goblins. No other sapient species lives in that particular habitat all the time. But until the attack, I'd never seen anybody who wasn't a Marsh Goblin. Now, though, I've seen individuals from many races, though I don't know much about most of them and a lot of what I know is racist elvish propaganda." Myrim's familiar to schools, though; her ex-owner ran one. Or rather, owned the land it was built on, paid the staff, and visited occasionally to be seen 'taking an interest in the bright future of the Elvish races'. She took Myrim with her because of the difficulty in obtaining Marsh Goblins as slaves makes her a status symbol.

11. - Top - End - #1421

Outside the Main Cabin

Oh.. This is followed by a dejected, half-hearted string of swear words in the aeronaut's native tongue, the wings on his flight suit collapsing down into a small bundle as he pulls one of the dozen of so ripcords on the harness. "Well, least I found a new country.. Or an old one or somethin. Guess that's still pretty cool... Look, could you tell me where I could find one of these inventors? I guess I'd like to talk to them, find out how they did it... Well, least he's slightly less annoying without all that enthusiasm and general happiness.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-12-04 at 06:12 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Lake]

Eric turns and says, "Oh hel- Wait... don't I know you? Name... starting with a K, I think. Ky-something," Eric says, looking quite surprised.

His facial structure hasn't changed except to admit the third eye in his forehead, but beyond that he looks way different.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Near the Lake

Julie stops hugging Eric to turn to Kate as well, "Oh hey there darlin'. I'm lookin' for someone to tell me a little more about this here camp you've got going. Care to do me a favor?" Julie's faux southern accent slips back into place, a defence mechanism for dealing with strangers.

Eric might be a bit mad at her for the light deception, but he should be able to tell it's instinctive.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Near the Lake

The tentacled man knows her? Whuh-

"Kate Kyland. I don't remember..."

Kate has that umbrella with her! The one Eric gave her! It's sticking out the top of her backpack!

She looks at Julie "Uh, sure, one moment, please." Then back at Eric. There's... a little bit of something there... a vague recollection of something...

"Can you remind me?"

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Lake]

"I'm Eric. I gave you the umbrella you've got there," Eric says, pointing to the umbrella sticking out of her backpack. "This is my girlfriend Julie."

16. - Top - End - #1426

Near the Lake

"I'm glad to meet you Kate. I was worried I'd be accosted by some over-zealous paladin and chased off right away. You don't exactly see someone looking like me in a place like this every day."

Unless Kate looks uncomfortable with it, Julie will step forward for a friendly hug, "It's nice to see good people be... well good people. Does that make any sense?"

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Near the Lake

"Eric... OH! Right! I remember. Wow... looks like stuff happened."

She turns to Julie and, misinterpreting her step forward, offers her hand for a handshake.

"It's nice to meet you. I don't think this place would do that, though... they pride themselves in redeeming evildoers. And they offer food and lodging to people... a little bit back they held a charity fair. Oh, and they have a nice infirmary with free medical treatment. Anyway, anyone you really want to see? I know that Reelshka is around, but she's often busy. I think that another one of the council members is commonly found around the infirmary, but I'm nor sure."

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    That remains to be seen.
    Hunters are scattered and divided. But hopefully they will tip the scales in the centuries-old shadow war.
    And they will not subjugate the people they will save like we did.
    Shrike falls quiet for a moment at that. While she isn't sure what might happen in her relative future, she does remember the First Age.

And how it ended.

"...Indeed."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Lake]

"That's actually why we're here," Eric says, "Julie is... well, I think the best way to put it is 'addicted to evil'. We wanted to see if this place would be good for her."

20. - Top - End - #1430

Near the Lake

Julie accepts the hand, and then tries to use it to pull Kate into a one armed hug anyway. When Eric mentions her little problem, she turns her head to stick her tongue out at him.

When she turns back to Kate there is a faint blush on her cheeks, "It's not quite that simple, but that's the gist. Demons like me get a physical reaction from doing the nasty, and it's kind of hard to quit once you've got going." That could certainly be taken a few ways.

"But Eric has got me convinced I should try, so here I am." Unless Kate objects she'll step back to Eric, entwining one of her hands in his.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-04 at 09:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Entrance to Camp

Susan is walking into camp with a backpack over one shoulder.

She's been on an extended camping trip in the woods, and has finally decided to come back to GLoG - afterall, Jamie's birthday is coming up, and she can't miss that.

She really needs a shower and some rest after walking here, but first she's headed towards the infirmary.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Dwarf in the Playground

Near the Lake

Kate is pulled into the hug, and obviously was not expecting that.

She detaches herself (a little awkwardly) and listens. "...Oh. Are you a succubus? Well humans get physical reactions, too, and can also get addicted. I'm sure that it will probably be harder for you, but I'm sure if you try your best you have a good chance." Yes, she catches it with no problem. She's been on the internet. She's not innocent, despite attempts to be.
    "It doesn't really matter what the euphemism was for, it has been clinically proven that some people can become addicted to anything. Bacon, cupcakes, farmville, forums... humans are just weird."

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Reinholdt's plot clone is outside, pacing around. He seems... a bit agitated about something, though it's hard to say about what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Jamie's still here with Holly.

And Quinn is doing paperwork, six months pregnant...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside]

Ermine finally spots Reinholdt! The pirate bounds up to him in her weasely form. She doesn't notice his agitation.

"Hey! Reinholdt! What did ye go off ta do?"

She looks away in embarrassment after setting the note he had left down in front of him.

"I can't read, remember?"
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-12-04 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Near the Lake

Kate is pulled into the hug, and obviously was not expecting that.

She detaches herself (a little awkwardly) and listens. "...Oh. Are you a succubus? Well humans get physical reactions, too, and can also get addicted. I'm sure that it will probably be harder for you, but I'm sure if you try your best you have a good chance." Yes, she catches it with no problem. She's been on the internet. She's not innocent, despite attempts to be.
    "It doesn't really matter what the euphemism was for, it has been clinically proven that some people can become addicted to anything. Bacon, cupcakes, farmville, forums... humans are just weird."
    [Near the Lake]

"Not denying that, certainly," Eric says. He still vaguely considers himself human, so no trouble on that front. He knows he's weird in many respects. "Anyway, would you mind showing us around, or should we ask someone else?"

27. - Top - End - #1437

Outside - Infirmary

Susan glances at Reinholdt, and decides to let him sort out his own damn problems.

She walks into the infirmary, and glances around, spotting Quinn, Jamie, and Holly.

She tries to sneak past Jamie and tap Quinn on the shoulder.

"Hey! When did this happen?" Susan asks her.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Outside]

Ermine finally spots Reinholdt! The pirate bounds up to him in her weasely form. She doesn't notice his agitation.

"Hey! Reinholdt! What did ye go off ta do?"

She looks away in embarrassment after setting the note he had left down in front of him.

"I can't read, remember?"
    [Outside]

"Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot all about that."
    Reinholdt didn't remember that at all. Strange. He's usually not forgetful.

"It just says that I was going to talk to Tobias about the airship kidnapping thing."

Susan's not very redemption nice. D=
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-12-04 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside]

"Oh, right. Tobias."

Ermine flicks her ears and tilts her head in thought. She hasn't met him, but she's heard the name before. Wasn't he... the one... oh, she can't remember. It's a problem they both have. I blame the rum.

"I met that big ol' cat again! Ye know, tha 'un wit tha huge fangs and tha fearsome attitude. I scared 'im off dis time, though."

She should remember she knows Tobias' name because that's his cat.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-12-04 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1440

Near the Lake

Julie nods when Eric suggests Kate, "If you're not too busy, it would be wonderful if you could. I'd rather someone Eric trusts to be around... This place is kind of intimidating." Julie intimidated? That may be a bit of a stretch.

Although with all the nice people walking around, it probably does feel like she just flew into an enemy stronghold. It's just a knee-jerk reaction though, and I'm sure it will pass.

Probably.

Just in case, she tucks away her wings and tail to wherever they go when not in use. Perhaps looking a bit less overtly demonic will help her panic attack.