New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maeve's]
    Khair wakes up a few times, but goes back to sleep; not much else to do here for her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Then Maeve will eventually wake up, and, as usual when she's with Khair, tries to get a sense of her pain levels.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Since she's asleep, she's doing alright; not much beyond her usual dull aches.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

In that case, Maeve doesn't try to absorb the pain yet, instead simply heading down to make whatever seems like it'll taste best when reheated.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Khair will remain asleep for quite a while unless woken, so the house will probably be quiet... except for whatever ghosts are up in its business.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Mostly, the ghosts just try to freak Maeve out with hallucinations in the corner of her eye and such, as well as nightmares every few days. If they're hostile at all, that is. Some of them are actually quite nice.

This time, however, she's quite possibly managed to attract a particularly strong and malicious one.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Khair remains asleep; nightmares don't wake her, but do distress her when she eventually wakes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Fortunately there are going to be few of those for Khair, as she's incidental, not being the one with the brand for death, though some ghosts do still prefer messing with her.

((Unless you'd like her to have nightmares, of course, in which case, I can come up with something.

Also, if you want to play said theoretical ghost, then it exists, but otherwise, I'm going to assume that things go smoothly until she brings breakfast up and tries to wake Khair.))

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She will wake up when Maeve comes in, rubbing her leaky eyes and sitting up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve smiles, sitting down next to her, and holding out a rather large bowl of what seems to be hot eggdrop soup with spiced pork.

"How'd you sleep?"

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    The usual...
    She'll be quick to devour the soup after her somewhat laconic response.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

As they eat, Maeve tries to absorb Khair's pain again, now that her friend is awake.

"There's more downstairs I can get you, if you're still hungry..."

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She shakes her head.
    I'll be full for quite a while, thank you very much...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #644
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riss' Quarters

"Would it be fair? I would keep you all to myself for another week if it were up to me, but... it's not just me to consider." It's a very delicate balancing act here, between what Riss wants immediately and keeping the peace in the next five minutes. And god help them if Mimi ever finds that vent between the two rooms. Privacy is already at a premium without her getting jealous and frustrated right next to them.
    While normally, Riss would be quite agreeable to Misha's suggestion, the intertwining aromas of hesperidia, berry, and pome along with a sizable quantity of feywine all blended together with recent events resulted in a heavily clouded mind. As such, it would be a minute or so of rather intense self debate for her to come to a conclusion. "..I.. I think it wouldn't be fair, no.. But..Could I convince you to.. Wait, no because.. Sorry. Harder to think than usual. I think if I can manage to pull myself away into a cold shower and maybe.. Maybe if you could hold off on that lovely..." Riss trailed off as she inhaled deeply and leaned forward to lightly nibble at Misha's jawline while her fingers began roaming the nereid's curves.

It took a moment of concentration before the muse was able to pull her mind together again and even then it was a rather dubious thing. "Ah.. Sorry. It's just.. I'm thinking I understand how you feel when you're unable to 'cool down.' Right.. Focus here.. It would probably help if I could get this scent out of my nose. And... Well.. Could I, um.. Maybe just stay here for another five minutes? I mean.. Just a bit longer wouldn't hurt, right?" the muse said, her tones clearly indicating her reluctance to go.

15. - Top - End - #645

Riss' Quarters

Oh right, she was still doing the scent thing. Suddenly, Riss' reluctant reactions made a whole lot more sense as she let her concentration slip, and the scents and flavors stopped being produced.

They would still linger in the air for a few moments, but there was nothing she could do about that, "Of course we can stay here. Five minutes she will probably understand. A whole extra session though... it would be best not to tempt fate, right?" Misha seems apologetic, but she's glad Riss was able to work past her urges, even when tempted so strongly. Had she kept fighting Misha on it, it wouldn't have been long at all before she'd given in.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #646

[Riss' Quarters]

You already tempt me enough that I don't think fate or whatever has a say in it. "I.. I suppose.." the muse said, already regretting her decision as she cuddled up to Misha. It took more effort than she wanted to give to simply stay still rather than try and coax Misha that another session or so wouldn't be pushing things too much but she had already given her word on the matter and Riss couldn't go around breaking that. Especially not to her.

Still, she might have waited a bit longer than just five minutes but after that, Riss left one last peck on the tip of Misha's nose before reluctantly untangling herself. It took a few moments for her to work out how to uncurl her tail from around the nereid's leg but there were no real delays preventing her from doing what she had said. At least not until she actually stepped into the cascade of cold water which resulted in a small yelp and an immediate shiver. ...Okay, I think I understand why these things are supposed to help now.

17. - Top - End - #647

Riss' Quarters

Misha bites her lip as she watches Riss shower, clamping down on her urge to get up and help. She's half-aware that Riss isn't rinsing off just to get clean. Or maybe it would be better put as an intent to clean both her thoughts and her skin.

Either way, having Misha standing there wouldn't help either of them get over this moment, as unsure she is about whether or not she wants to move past it.

So instead, she grits her teeth and walks up to the wall separating the two rooms, silently asking Riss to open it with her eyes.

If the muse does so, she'll raise her voice a bit and call out, "Mimi, are you there? Riss is up and showered now." Best to imply that Riss was catching a nap or something herself. The delay would be perfectly reasonable in that case.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi's head pops off the pillow and she looks around groggily. She looks very much like she needed every second of sleep she got, and could use a whole lot more. "Oh!" But that doesn't matter because Riss is here.

The pixie tries to flap her wings for a moment before remembering she has to fix those. Thankfully it's been long enough for her to accomplish that small task. The pixie takes off and makes her way over. "Hey Riss? Feeling any better?" The delay isn't even noted yet, not that she can tell time without looking at the sun anyway.

19. - Top - End - #649

[Riss' Quarters]

The muse was drying her hair by this time, having been able to at least push her urges into the background for now. More or less, at least as she stole a quick glance at Misha before she answered. "Um, I am now, yes." she said with a small but warm grin. "I mean, for now at least. Might need more cheering up later but I think I can manage till then." she said, taking the towel off her head and beginning to wring the last of the water that was stuck in her tail. A mild shiver crept up her spine as she did so given how unused to the sensations she was. If she had to make a comparison, it wasn't really anything like what she suspected Mimi's antenna felt like so much as it was just her mind focusing on how new it was. It was more like dragging one's fingernails across the palm of a hand at it's worst while the rest was more like touching something with the back of the hand.

That said, she seemed perfectly fine with Mimi being there even if she lacked anything to cover herself with. The muse was certain that it might not be true for other people but for her, being comfortable enough to touch someone made her feel comfortable around them in general.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maeve's]
    She shakes her head.
    I'll be full for quite a while, thank you very much...

[Maeve's]

Maeve nods.

"It is kind of hard to adapt to having this much, isn't it?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-18 at 09:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She nods.
    That, and I don't use that much energy...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve nods again, sighing.

"I wish I could get you to an actual doctor, see about getting it so you can do more..."

23. - Top - End - #653

Riss' Quarters

"She wanted to let you rest a bit longer, so she laid down a bit and took a shower herself." Perfectly true! Not the whole story, but all of it was true. Misha sits on the edge of the bed while she waits for Riss to finish toweling off. This would be so much easier when they stopped dancing around each other and could just all lay down together.

"So hey, I kind of had another idea while you were away. Now that we're all living together, maybe you could make something for Mimi and me to use those floor, wall, and shower functions that you can use with your augments. Little remote things or something? It'd give us more to do than just lay around and learn things while you're working." And make moving between rooms and activating the shower while tiny a lot easier.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Maeve's]

Maeve nods again, sighing.

"I wish I could get you to an actual doctor, see about getting it so you can do more..."
    That would be lovely, but we can't afford it yet...
    Anyway, the more I sleep, the less I have to eat...
    It'll be okay.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi blinks a couple times. Oh... Riss is naked. She tries not to stare, but can't help but look now and again... and again. "Uh, great! And you can count on us for cheering up later." Mimi nods.

"Ooh, that's a good idea." Mimi agrees with Misha. She's just been bathing in streams when she's went out picking flowers. This would be more convenient for sure. And not needing to bother Archie or Riss for things would be nice too.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    That would be lovely, but we can't afford it yet...
    Anyway, the more I sleep, the less I have to eat...
    It'll be okay.

[Maeve's]

"Don't sleep just to eat less, okay? I can get enough food for us now..."

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Okay, you don't shop, you don't do manicures, you don't gossip. How do you fill your time?" Tracey asks.
    "You mean aside from pondering life, the universe, and everything and finding the ultimate answer to all of the above in the bottom of a bottle of Magweiser?" Eileen raises an eyebrow, then shrugs. "I used to like watching hockey. Lacrosse, too. Sometimes monster truck rallies and wrestling."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    It's a habit by now....
    I feel better this way anyway, don't worry.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve frowns slightly, and goes to hug her.

"Alright... Promise to tell me if there's anything I can do for you though, okay?"

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Any time.
    And if there's anything I can do... anyone you're sick of putting up with...

She could eat them.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show