New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Trying to find a Star Wars quote...

So hopefully this thread won't last long

I remember during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion series, there was one quote where the good guys were discussing new tactics to use. The idea of using the Empire's tactics was brought up to throw off the YV.

The quote is something along the lines of

"We'll hit them with an enemy they've never met before. We'll hit them with the Empire."
    "Ohhh... they won't like the Empire."

I can't actually find a reference to this quote anywhere online, but I know it exists... can anyone find the book and page that's on? Or, better yet, reproduce the quote here with relevant characters?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Trying to find a Star Wars quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post

I remember during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion series, there was one quote where the good guys were discussing new tactics to use. The idea of using the Empire's tactics was brought up to throw off the YV.

"We'll hit them with an enemy they've never met before. We'll hit them with the Empire."

I can't actually find a reference to this quote anywhere online, but I know it exists... can anyone find the book and page that's on? Or, better yet, reproduce the quote here with relevant characters?
    the only thing i remember is them using the Star Destroyer's in the same manner the Empire would do if dealing with a problem on the planet below basically bombard the place with no care for whatever was in the way but no clue on the book or the quote I'm afraid!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post

The quote is from either Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream or Rebel Stand (though I can't recall the page number or specific book). The quote is of Wedge Antilles (the first line) and Tycho Celchu speaking about doing an orbital bombardment with the SSD Lusankya during their defense of Borleias. (Lure the ground forces in and then hit them with the SSD from orbit.)
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
    The quote is from either Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream or Rebel Stand (though I can't recall the page number or specific book). The quote is of Wedge Antilles (the first line) and Tycho Celchu speaking about doing an orbital bombardment with the SSD Lusankya during their defense of Borleias. (Lure the ground forces in and then hit them with the SSD from orbit.)
    That sounds about right... though I don't remember which book/page from that miniseries it was in, either.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Just went through my copy of Rebel Stand and I couldn't find it in there, so I assume it is in Rebel Dream (which I don't own.) That should narrow the search down nicely.

Ah, found a website that had the full quote on it (and it is from Rebel Dream, though they didn't cite the page number...):

Wedge - We’re going to face them with an enemy they’ve never had the displeasure of fighting. We’re going to hit them with the Empire.

Tycho - They’re not going to like the Empire.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

According to this, it's from Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream. I've never read it; I just remembered that I liked the line when it was quoted at me.

7. - Top - End - #7