New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LI: A Song of Loss and Ire - A Game of Throws

There's only one thing first-tier runes are good for: Getting them early and combining them into third-tier ones. They average out cheaper making second-tier, and not much pricier than average if you're making third-tier, and the thing is, the level-based limiter is only on what you can buy, not what you can use if you have it.

Even an assortment of suboptimal stats are better than nothing at level 8, and there's a good chance some of them will be things to stick with even after you unlock the ability to buy what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Its okay Aether, they buffed Spirit Visage.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

cool Re: League of Legends LI: A Song of Loss and Ire - A Game of Throws

I just had someone from the enemy team say I carried as thresh support. I'll take this as a sign that I should continue maining support.

The game was 52 minutes. Late game ward battles are fun if you win them. Oh to bad you destroyed my ward. But I now know where your team is. And you might know where I am. I messed some stuff up mid game, but I did some fun stuff late. Managed to buy a GA because I had over 100CS. Defending as everyone else pushes gives me a chance to get gold.

I am getting addicted to playing support I have like zero interest in any other role. I really like my ADC's saying I'm good constantly too.

Sorry I rambled I just finished and I need sleep.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WyvernLord View Post
    I just had someone from the enemy team say I carried as thresh support. I'll take this as a sign that I should continue maining support.

The game was 52 minutes. Late game ward battles are fun if you win them. Oh to bad you destroyed my ward. But I now know where your team is. And you might know where I am. I messed some stuff up mid game, but I did some fun stuff late. Managed to buy a GA because I had over 100CS. Defending as everyone else pushes gives me a chance to get gold.

I am getting addicted to playing support I have like zero interest in any other role. I really like my ADC's saying I'm good constantly too.

Sorry I rambled I just finished and I need sleep.
    I've grown fond of support as well though, oddly, I rarely get to play it nowadays. Admittedly, I also only have 2-3 supports though(Alistar, Fiddle, and Janna)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I've grown fond of support as well though, oddly, I rarely get to play it nowadays. Admittedly, I also only have 2-3 supports though(Alistar, Fiddle, and Janna)
    I'm missing Leona, Lulu, Nami, and Zyra though.
    Favorite supports are Thresh then Janna. I just can't play thresh in ranked. Perma-banned along with Yi still.

I really really like playing support. What are the recommended marks for a support? Right now I got MPen marks, Armor seals, scaling MR glyphs, and GP/10 Quints. I want a general page because I won't have enough for some specific ones for a long time.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

ad marks are the usual ones, since everyone gets at least a little out of them(and some, like thresh, get as lot)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

I really really like playing support. What are the recommended marks for a support? Right now I got MPen marks, Armor seals, scaling MR glyphs, and GP/10 Quints. I want a general page because I won't have enough for some specific ones for a long time.
    What you've got works ok, although it lends itself to spell-harassing supports more, which would be.. Sona and I can't think of anybody else who would be using a spell instead of autos often enough to make it matter. Most other supports would probably want AD or ArmPen marks instead, since those would make their auto harass more potent. Especially at the first few levels of the game where a support's autoattack matters. Maybe hybrid penetration marks.. but AD are cheaper and more generically useful.

8. - Top - End - #488

ad marks are the usual ones, since everyone gets at least a little out of them(and some, like thresh, get as lot)
    Yeah I have the base two pages right now so my support page is kind of doubling as a Mage page.

I need more IP.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I need more IP.
    I remember when I said this. Now I need more things to spend IP on.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I suck at champions focused on there auto attacks. I went 5/1 in lane as Aatrox getting two double kills off of jungle ganks as well as an early tower and then proceeded to feed hard. We ended up losing. There is a chance though that we lost because the enemy Kassadin got pretty big and I was to aggressive in team fights. Mostly I think that I'm just fairly weak in teamfights.

Also Malphite top is kind of fun. Played a mirror match, despite feeding hard to jungle ganks I did fairly well, I was able to bully the enemy Malphite fairly easily but the enemy jungler ended up becoming a monster and we lost.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

You "suck at teamfighting" likely because A) its actually extremely difficult to make good decisions in a high-stress enviroment (teamfights) B) Melee heroes suck in teamfights. Like, really, they do. There is a reason why all the popular tanks have extremely strong gap closers. Aatrox gets kited to hell and back by a hero like Kassadin.

In other news: I am now Silver II. Besides basically having to play each promotion twice, I am very happy with my progress. To bad school starts in a few days, otherwise I'd have a shot at getting gold before the summer starts.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

This is a pretty trolly but hilarious seeming Viktor build that I just tested against bots, and I'd like to try it top lane sometime with Mumblers to see if it's legit.

Spoiler
    Show

The Yellow Augment is the one that gives Health, HP5 and moderate AP, and gives you a 30% MS boost for 3 seconds every time you use Q.

Viktor in general is really awesome (with the proper bursty AP build as well) and I think I might upgrade him to being my next pickup when I have the IP.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-08-24 at 05:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    1.If it doesn't make any sense, how do you respond to it so well?

2.Wukong and Alistar are native Runeterrans and as such are subject to much of the lore associated with the place as a whole. Nasus and Renekton are not. Its really not comparable.

3.Maybe I've watched too much SG1, maybe you've watched too little, but that series was kinda well known and was largely centered around the egyptian gods.
    1. I pointed out that the premises behind your logic seemed nonsensical.

2. I agree with this. It's not what you claimed and what I argued against, though. You claimed Nasus and Renekton and their possible ilk would be boring because they're based on Egyptian mythology. I don't think there will be more of their ilk because Riot seems to have realized that the "summoned from another dimension" story isn't a good one, but if there were, I hope they'd keep to the theme of Egyptian deities.

3. I'd say you have indeed watched too much SG1. I can't find that many games released after Stargate ended that feature Egyptian gods. League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth (one of the champions is Amun-Ra) and... that's it? That really seems to be it. Huh.
    Last edited by endoperez; 2013-08-24 at 05:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, there's SMITE, which has Egyptian gods in it... And Greek gods, and Norse gods, and Chinese gods, and Hindu gods, and probably a bunch of other types of gods as well, so maybe it doesn't count so much for the purposes of this discussion.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    This is a pretty trolly but hilarious seeming Viktor build that I just tested against bots, and I'd like to try it top lane sometime with Mumblers to see if it's legit.

Spoiler
    Show

The Yellow Augment is the one that gives Health, HP5 and moderate AP, and gives you a 30% MS boost for 3 seconds every time you use Q.

Viktor in general is really awesome (with the proper bursty AP build as well) and I think I might upgrade him to being my next pickup when I have the IP.
    Seems like the build would work, but why IBG over zhonias, and spirit visage over grail, abyssal, or B-veil?
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2013-08-24 at 05:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Teemo mechanics question; which abilities, if any, activate Liandry's?
    And in s similar vein, which ones does spell vamp work on?
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Seems like the build would work, but why IBG over zhonias, and spirit visage over grail, abyssal, or B-veil?
    More tankiness, and you can cap CDR with blue pot to have Q on a 3 second cooldown for the permahaste. My goal was less about dealing upfront damage (though being Viktor, you have quite a bit of that anyway even without much AP) and about controlling fights with your constant slows and CC from gravity field; grinding people down with spell spam, ult DoT and Liandry's; and being really hard to kill due to your tanky stats, movement speed and spammable shield.

That's the bull**** reason, anyway. The real reason is because I like running really fast after people while perma-slowing them with Rylai's and IBG procs, because it's hilarious.

@Togath: Q and R. Mushrooms in particular become ridiculously deadly if you have Liandry's and a bunch of AP, Q cares about the Liandry's proc less but is just a rather decently scaling nuke in general and gives Teemo some good burst.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-08-24 at 06:19 AM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Bugbear in the Playground

First: Only Q and R.

Second I have no idea actually. Though I believe its only Q and R again.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

More tankiness, and you cap CDR with blue pot to have Q on a 3 second cooldown for the permahaste. My goal was less about dealing upfront damage (though being Viktor, you have quite a bit of that anyway even without much AP) and about controlling fights with your constant slows and CC from gravity field; grinding people down with spell spam, ult DoT and Liandry's; and never dying due to your tanky stats, movement speed and spammable shield.

That's the bull**** reason, anyway. The real reason is because I like running really fast after people while perma-slowing them with Rylai's and IBG procs, because it's hilarious.
    Alright I guess if you really want to get CDR capped that works, but if you are building IBG you probably should get something other then rylais.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye. Probably Abyssal, Hourglass or Void Staff, instead of Rylai's, depending on the situation.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-08-24 at 06:30 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kris
    I get your reasoning for the max CDR but I gotta agree that you can do better for both armor and MR items. I'd go with Abyssal and Hourglass personally, but it's a fun top lane idea regardless. You can kite around most top laners and just keep constant q harass til they have to back.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

22. - Top - End - #502
    Banned

Q and R activate Liandry's and spellvamp. Toxic Shot does not.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Math.... what are we doing up so late? @_@
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Math.... what are we doing up so late? @_@
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Tanky: Armor (lets you take a bit more punishment and is a cheap option; it's suitable on Leona, for instance; armor reds also let you run gold/10 yellows, but benefits of having that extra gold generation are dubious since it sacrifices a lot of laning power)
    Damagey: Attack Damage (to add a bit of damage to your harassing or combos; it's perfect on Thresh (his magic damage from his E passive scales with AD), does well on Blitzcrank (your Power Fist deals ADx2) or even Leona, and is decent on ranged supports). Alternately, Hybrid Pen (who are the #1 choice for supports that have poke, e.g. Sona and Lulu, who use both their magic skills and their autoattacks). However Hybrid Pen is expensive, so Magic Pen is the next best choice for those.

If you want a really general page you'd run on all supports you can go AD/Armor/Magic Resist/Gold10 which pretty much all supports will find suitable. You can even avoid running Gold/10 and replace the quints with AD quints and you save on one more runepage (because 15 ad 13 armor and magic resistance is the most generic AD rune page ever) - and that bonus AD can really be helpful in killing people on lane. Then again you have to figure out if your playstyle calls for gold generation runes or if it doesn't. Also running AD marks on ranged supports kind of forces you to learn to sneak autoattacks on enemies during laning phase - supports may not possess the most powerful autos but if you hit them a few times they pile up and add to the poke and might even decide between a kill and a narrow escape for the enemy.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2013-08-24 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Lies and slander, you know damn well what I mean. =.=
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Lies and slander, you know damn well what I mean. =.=
    Iiiiii'm... just going to go ahead and interpret that in a dirty way.

Math x Techno, OTP.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Banned

Iiiiii'm... just going to go ahead and interpret that in a dirty way.

Math x Techno, OTP.
    vampire pumpkin must never know

Okay I must really be tired to be stringing this along.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, Inversion, you know how I said I could probably make the next practice? My hard drive is shot so never mind that .
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    vampire pumpkin must never know

Okay I must really be tired to be stringing this along.
    Okami and MathMage, sitting in a tree
    Q-U-E-U-I-N-G...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.