New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Question (3.X) Cure Minor Wounds, Mass (P.E.A.C.H.)

Should this exist? If so, are the levels about right?

Cure Minor Wounds, Mass
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Drd 2, Pal 2

This spell functions like cure light wounds, mass, except that it cures only 1 point of damage.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2015-04-01 at 06:00 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (3.X) Cure Minor Wounds, Mass (P.E.A.C.H.)

Not bad, although I'd make it a 1st level spell, as 1 point healed, even to multiple creatures, is not that much.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Given that it's a flat 1 point, I'd make it Will negates and drop it a level or two; it doesn't scale like the other Mass CxW spells do, so it doesn't deserve being 3/4 in my opinion. (Note that cure minor wounds is Drd 0, as well.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Frankly, one point of healing is not a big deal. As-is, I doubt anyone would actually bother wasting a spell slot on this when they could be using Cure Serious Wounds, which actually matters. For comparison, a casting of Lesser Vigor at CL 1 will cure as many HP as this will at CL10, assuming you have 10 targets to cast it on. The only real benefit to this is that it heals all Nonlethal damage, stops Bleed and Stabilizes Dying creatures, which are all very situational uses in most games.

I'd say it would be fair as a second level spell. Useless as a real healing spell even by that point, but effective for high-level characters to stick in as a backup slot in case they come up against someone Whelm-happy or a bunch of Bleed effects.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Stabilize spell from Spell Compendium already does this. It's a 2nd level Cleric and Paladin spell that heals 1 hp to all living creatures in a 50' radius burst (or does 1 damage to all undead in said burst). No target limit, although it does affect both enemies and allies.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Frankly, one point of healing is not a big deal. As-is, I doubt anyone would actually bother wasting a spell slot on this when they could be using Cure Serious Wounds, which actually matters. For comparison, a casting of Lesser Vigor at CL 1 will cure as many HP as this will at CL10, assuming you have 10 targets to cast it on. The only real benefit to this is that it heals all Nonlethal damage, stops Bleed and Stabilizes Dying creatures, which are all very situational uses in most games.

I'd say it would be fair as a second level spell. Useless as a real healing spell even by that point, but effective for high-level characters to stick in as a backup slot in case they come up against someone Whelm-happy or a bunch of Bleed effects.
    Magical healing doesn't remove all nonlethal damage, just as much as it does lethal.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Dropped it to a straight 2nd level across the board as suggested and, after looking at Cure Minor Wounds vastly reduced word count.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Honestly, it fits better in level 1. I could reasonably someone choosing to use it in that case, but there are so many 2nd level spells that are much better than this.
    Last edited by Drynwyn; 2012-08-12 at 10:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drynwyn View Post
    Honestly, it fits better in level 1. I could reasonably someone choosing to use it in that case, but there are so many 2nd level spells that are much better than this.
    As a double-check: What caster/character level range(s) are you basing this statement on?

I ask because DaedalusMkV seemed to be saying that at Spell Level 2 this would be useless for anyone without spell-slots up to 4th or 5th level or something.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-08-13 at 02:11 PM.
    Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Really only used for stabilizing a large number of allies, but seems decent.