New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mounted Sneak Attack?????

Quote Originally Posted by ojayaba View Post
    im the only one in my group that reads the forums, so i know what "broken" and "powerful" are, but i still refuse to use those tricks to any level of that cheesyness.
    I just like to have fun playing silly/fun things that have a few tricks like the odd full attack after a teleport. yes, that is a powerful ability but at the same time its no less powerful then a power attacker smashing face for 70+ a hit on a full attack or single attack.
    Are you aware that blue text is used to convey sarcasm?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendol View Post
    he could just flank...
    not in my group :(
    seems every one works solo except one other guy(who plays sub par characters) and me. the others will build singly powerful(to them) persons with the ODD helpful for the party thing, i like to build things that would well with a party and have RP value, not just "ive got a schticki use all the time"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

That's sad. The point of building a group is kind of to work together in order to achieve greater results.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendol View Post
    That's sad. The point of building a group is kind of to work together in order to achieve greater results.
    that might be the point of it but not how it usually works :(
    this is what i work with as finding a gaming group around here is very hard :(

so with RAW i can shadow ride(dim door with mount) to so legal location, full attack(shadow pounce) with a full attack that will(should) be with sneak attack/sudden strike and still have my mount attack as well?

Quote Originally Posted by shining south
    Shadow Ride (Su):A Crinti shadow ma-rauder can travel on her mount between shadows
    as if by means of a dimension door spell. Such
    supernatural transport must begin and end in an
    area with at least some shadow. The marauder can
    ride up to a total of 50 feet per Crinti shadow marauder
    level per day in this way. The amount can be split up
    among many rides, but rides of a distance shorter than
    25 feet count as 25 feet
    Quote Originally Posted by shining south
    Shadow Pounce (Ex): At 5th level, a Crinti shadow marauder
    learns how to attack swiftly from the shadows. Any time she
    uses an ability, spell, or effect with the teleportation descriptor
    (for example, her shadow ride ability), she can execute a full
    attack upon completion of the teleportation. The marauder
    must have line of sight to her intended target from her original
    location. Further, the spot to which she teleports must be a
    place from which she can make a melee attack against the
    intended target with whatever weapon she had in hand at the
    beginning of her action.
    yes?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

that might be the point of it but not how it usually works :(
    this is what i work with as finding a gaming group around here is very hard :(

so with RAW i can shadow ride(dim door with mount) to so legal location, full attack(shadow pounce) with a full attack that will(should) be with sneak attack/sudden strike and still have my mount attack as well?

yes?
    You still need to meet the conditions for SA. Getting Thicket of Blades from the ToB (for you or your mount) will make this a lot easier, if allowed.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm going to assume that I would meet them or i just would wait until I did meet them before shadow riding in to position. as for ToB I think i posted OP it was banned along with psionics. Small creatures due to personal dislike where off the drawing boards as well.

thank you for the help/ideas/thoughts, if there are more then keep them coming!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

If that's the case...

Warlock's Flee the Scene (Dimension Door +Invisibility for the flatfooted) would be nice, but they don't ride as a skill.

You are going to need a way to flank, it's still the most viable option. Screw it. You see a teammate adjacent to something, just teleport for a flank. Someone on your team has to be melee, and you don't need their consent not to suck.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

my thoughts on a build once held warlock then though against it as i need to many levels to get it.

so i thought up rogue 5/ crinti shadow marauder 5/ shadow dancer 10.
    shadow jump is more triggers a day and further distance, HiPS, shadow companions for flanks. as for the ride 8 ranks, jack of all trades was my best thought on that one
    ranger was another option but then no SA dice...
    SA fighter also crossed my mind but hide and move silently are missing...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Buy a griffin. Flank with it.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

my thoughts on a build once held warlock then though against it as i need to many levels to get it.
    Yeah, lock works better with Telflammar Shadowlord.
    so i thought up rogue 5/ crinti shadow marauder 5/ shadow dancer 10.
    shadow jump is more triggers a day and further distance, HiPS, shadow companions for flanks. as for the ride 8 ranks, jack of all trades was my best thought on that one
    Sounds good, but Jack of all trades? As in the feat? I don't think that does waht you think it does.

ranger was another option but then no SA dice...
    Hunter's Eye.
    SA fighter also crossed my mind but hide and move silently are missing...
    The UA allows you to be a Thug and an SA fight at the same time, even if you can't give up bonus feats twice.

EDIT: You should find a way to get an At-Will Teleport. Not ever being limited by the number of times you can Shadow Pounce will be a great boon. Blink Shirt is the best bet. Even if it's Dimension Door, get the Move action Chakra Bind will let you do other things with your standard action like use wands or drink potions.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-05 at 11:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

thug fighter doesn't do anything for me as it just adds urban tracking a few skills to my list that i don't need and 4+ skill points
    hmm, jack of all trades is not what i thought it was... whats the feat that makes all skills class skills for humans and dopplegangers?
    i think ranger is going to end up being the path i have to follow :( no SA makes me sad :(

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

EDIT: You should find a way to get an At-Will Teleport. Not ever being limited by the number of times you can Shadow Pounce will be a great boon. Blink Shirt is the best bet. Even if it's Dimension Door, get the Move action Chakra Bind will let you do other things with your standard action like use wands or drink potions.
    if i do get an at will teleport then my gaming group will mosdef flip tables at me for at will full attacking anything i want... even though it has sever limits they wont see that.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

You might want to show them what a tactical melee combatant looks like using only PHB, DMG, and SRD, maybe? So they can get a solid baseline of competency?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80415
    http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=55074

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

as another option instead of rogue for the first 5 levels, can a scout use dim door to trigger skirmish?
    if so, then all the skills except handle animal need to enter are class skills, and handle animal only needs 4 ranks anyway...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

as another option instead of rogue for the first 5 levels, can a scout use dim door to trigger skirmish?
    if so, then all the skills except handle animal need to enter are class skills, and handle animal only needs 4 ranks anyway...
    Teleportation doesn't normally count as movement, IIRC. I would allow it (because physics), but not everyone would.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Teleportation doesn't normally count as movement, IIRC. I would allow it (because physics), but not everyone would.
    i was curious because i remember seeing somewhere that scouts on a mount doesn't trigger skirmish so wanted to see if teleportation did...

17. - Top - End - #47

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

i was curious because i remember seeing somewhere that scouts on a mount doesn't trigger skirmish so wanted to see if teleportation did...
    Mouned skirmish doesn't work because of errata. Which suggests to me that as written, pre-errata, mounted skirmish did work. Since they didn't errata away teleportation effects, I would tend to rule that a dimension door will grant you your skirmish bonus.