New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Alright part 4 of “More than Just Duty” has arrived:
    It was a little short...but I'm liking it. At first, I thought the prisoner in question was Tsukiko.

I was expecting a joke bashing Incarnum for some reason.

Miko: He threatened YOU! It was for your safety.
    Sangwaan: He was an INCARNUM user. What was he going to do?
    Miko:...He could have gotten lucky and critted you with a greataxe...
    Sangwaan: Because of your indiscretion, he will be raised and reach 18th level in service of an evil, hobgoblin army!!!
    Miko: Will he have any useful class features by then?
    Sangwaan: Well, no...but it's the principle of the thing!

As for gender-bent week…yeah, I don’t have a custom avatar either. And what does a gender-bent griffon look like?
    Well, the male griffon, you see, he have the hairy man-parts. And the female griffon, you see, she have a bow in her hair.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    It was a little short...but I'm liking it. At first, I thought the prisoner in question was Tsukiko.

I was expecting a joke bashing Incarnum for some reason.

Miko: He threatened YOU! It was for your safety.
    Sangwaan: He was an INCARNUM user. What was he going to do?
    Miko:...He could have gotten lucky and critted you with a greataxe...
    Sangwaan: Because of your indiscretion, he will be raised and reach 18th level in service of an evil, hobgoblin army!!!
    Miko: Will he have any useful class features by then?
    Sangwaan: Well, no...but it's the principle of the thing!

Well, the male griffon, you see, he have the hairy man-parts. And the female griffon, you see, she have a bow in her hair.
    Congratulations. You have made my morning. This entire post is awesome. I am still recovering from the laughter. I kind of want to make that conversation part of my fic's canon. Of course, if I get your permission, I'd have to make it occur much later.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    I kind of want to make that conversation part of my fic's canon. Of course, if I get your permission, I'd have to make it occur much later.
    You and anyone else has my permission to include anything I say or suggest in the fics (and to be fair, I lifted that last line from this video.)...although I don't know how you'd work in a conversation on the difference between griffon genders in there.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2010-02-12 at 02:23 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You sure about that?

*Passes popcorn*
    *eats popcorn*

I think it looks like a warlock.

Coffee, can you make a picture of Lloyd in a dress? *sheep's eyes*

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #515
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Coffee, can you make a picture of Lloyd in a dress? *sheep's eyes*
    I'll see what I can do.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I wasnt so tierd from tests i would definatley write something but no.
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Nice chapter for the MikoSangwaan. ^_^
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Wouldn't it be the default for everyone? (Going by traditional morality, not the screwed up alignment system the OotS gods made.)
    The way I interpret the whole "always X alignment" issue is that the societies of specific races are of those alignments. This also means that personality traits associated with that alignment are more prolific in those races.

This would be especially true in Evil societies, where untrustful people will survive and kind people will get slaughtered. The race will end up with most having a genetic predisposition for "evil" traits. That alone doesn't make them Evil; rather, if they're brought up in that society and aren't a particually free thinker, they'll end up thinking that Evil is normal. And 'everyone else does it' isn't an excuse, is it? (However, if they move away from that society, they might start rethinking things.)

Of course in Lawful or Good societies you'll get more variation; there will still be a lot more Good/Lawful people than there would be otherwise, but while you can be Evil or Chaotic in a LG society without being caught, you can't really be nice to Evil people. Not if you want to live for any length of time.

So yes, a newborn of any race will be True Neutral, and will remain so until they're old enough to start making their own decisions.

Also, I have no school next week, so I'll probably get some more drawing done. Assuming I'm not too depressed to drag myself out of bed each morning (or afternoon). *sigh*
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-12 at 12:27 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Nice thinking.
    Living in a Lawful Good society drives me mad.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

That's part of the difference between Good and Evil - Good prospers among its own, an Evil person needs other persons to prey on and will not prosper among others of its own kind. There is a game theory/alignment article waiting to be written.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

There definitely is. Care to step up to the plate?

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Regarding the most recent strip, am I the only one who thinks kiddie!Hobgoblins are the most adorable things ever seen in OOTS?
    DeviantArt

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

XDD
    You do have a point.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    The way I interpret the whole "always X alignment" issue is that the societies of specific races are of those alignments. This also means that personality traits associated with that alignment are more prolific in those races.

This would be especially true in Evil societies, where untrustful people will survive and kind people will get slaughtered. The race will end up with most having a genetic predisposition for "evil" traits. That alone doesn't make them Evil; rather, if they're brought up in that society and aren't a particually free thinker, they'll end up thinking that Evil is normal. And 'everyone else does it' isn't an excuse, is it? (However, if they move away from that society, they might start rethinking things.)

Of course in Lawful or Good societies you'll get more variation; there will still be a lot more Good/Lawful people than there would be otherwise, but while you can be Evil or Chaotic in a LG society without being caught, you can't really be nice to Evil people. Not if you want to live for any length of time.

So yes, a newborn of any race will be True Neutral, and will remain so until they're old enough to start making their own decisions.
    There are actually some questions about the specifics for certain races (since some races are more prone to violence once you take society out of the equation, for example), but overall I share this general view. One great example of this is actually drow society, and if you've read the Drizzt novels actually dealing with the Underdark it shows through pretty hard. The actual supplement about drow and the society doesn't expressly state it, but it comes close. The more interference and influence of a certain kind (deific or just social), the more it influences that base supposedly TN aligned sentient.

What's more interesting still is reading the actual articles on alignment that have been written by developers, since one of the things addressed directly is 'alignment and intelligence'. Supplementing this with info from the BoVD and BoED supports the idea that sentients without a bloodline influenced by an alignment-based outsider's heritage start at TN, and that you have to look to the level of Outsiders with alignment descriptors to literally be always...and then they give you the one-in-a-gazillion exceptions as examples anyway, just for kicks. I'll try and actually tackle the 'official article' angle once I gather the supplements together and do some re-reading.

In terms of exploring alignment (what it means, how it comes about, etc.) I've actually got a Forgotten Realms character for that express purpose and I write a lot of fiction for. He is a LG leaning TN drow and the storytelling I do with him is all about the chicken/egg of alignment, how society shapes us (even when we think it doesn't), and similar themes. One of the actual lines during a discussion with a (love interest) good character is all about expectations, the nature of good and evil actions, etc., and is "What do you think I am, some ranger with a heart of gold?" going into how he is just another guy trying to get along and is being honest about not being the best person even as he tries.

Oh, and:
    V-Vgs is about 80% done.
    I've decided to do Durkon-Hilgya
    and the first installment of "Xykon's Toy", the follow up to "Tsukiko's Ploy"
    as well as a Lien-Thanh. Just because.
    Last edited by NemoUtopia; 2010-02-12 at 02:50 PM.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed

Without improvisation, magic is inherently limited

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, guys, this is very important:

TOMORROW I WILL BE GOING TO SEE VARIOUS COLLEGES IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL BE BACK WEDNESDAY.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

TOMORROW I WILL BE GOING TO SEE VARIOUS COLLEGES IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL BE BACK WEDNESDAY.
    You seem to be under the misapprehension that we care.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just kidding. Have a good time, and the boards won't be the same until wednesday comes.

― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #527

ClericGuy

We will miss you.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Awkay-have fun!

19. - Top - End - #529

Oh, guys, this is very important: We will miss you!

wE WILL MISS YOU!

now all thats left is to get something done before Valentines Day singles awareness day and get a gender bent avatar for genderbent week
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

You don't have long. XD

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You don't have long. XD
    now the gender bent part is done and I have to plot planned for part 4. should be out tommorow.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

That was fast. XD

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    That was fast. XD
    I work at the speed of crazy, though it varies.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

I work at the speed of plot.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bye Coffee.
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Have fun. 10char
    DeviantArt

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

onder if i should try drawing my bugbears OOTS style... then genderbend them XD

28. - Top - End - #538

Rogue love Part four. I sort of rushed this one, its more of a way to get into part 5. So if its of not so great quality, it was rushed. I got a jolt of energy listening to my old korn albums. Any way enough of my ramblings, here is the show.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley and Elan were doing well in Stormblade. They were just another traveler couple who wandered in. The town’s people thought they were a merry couple who would be off in a couple days. They could hide here for a long time without anyone noticing them. Then the mayor called a meeting.
    They assembled in the town hall. Thinking it was just another routine meeting, they trudged in, wanting to get back to work. The mayor announced “Thank you for coming. We have a serious threat. “Everyone in the audience turned quiet. “ A roaming army of bandits is heading our way. They have attacked several towns to get here, and left no survivors.”
    “We sent a messenger to negotiate. He came back in pieces.” There was a look of panic over the audience’s faces. Haley was frightened. Her actions are going to cause this town to be slaughtered. “That is all.” The mayor said abruptly, trying to get away from the townsfolk as fast as possible. A mob of people rushed after the mayor while Elan and Haley sat their, struck with guilt.
    “Should we tell them they are after us?” Elan said. “Not unless you have a death wish.” Haley said. “We should have never come here”. Elan said, drowning in his pity. “They will never get out fast enough. They will be mowed down.” “We got them in to this mess, we will get them out.” Elan said standing heroically on his chair.
    “Elan baby, we can’t get out ourselves and you want to suggest bring everyone with us?” Haley said, trying to reason with him. “Ah but I have this!” He exclaimed, pulling a scroll out of his chest. “What spell is that? Is it teleport? Plane shift?” Haley said guessing. “No, but a spell that sends a beacon to a certain Mr. Julio Scoundrel and his airship fleet.” Haley just sat their with her jaw open.
    “Haley hugged him faster than you can say, bull rush hug. For once he was useful. “Wait how did you get it?” “Well actually it’s a spell of plot device, but anyway it works.” Haley was in pure glee. An airship fleet could take the entire town out of there, away from the bandits. “I will gather the townsfolk, you work on that scroll” Haley said rushing out. For once, Elan saved the day.

yawn. Anyone see the opening ceremony for the olympics?

29. - Top - End - #539

anyway have a good singles awarness day

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

muahahahahahahaha! i have done it! BEHOOOLD! a genderbend goblin!!!!

... ok so its actually just a female goblin that was waiting in line with haily in a bathroom... i just stole it and made it an avitar