New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Lords of Creation, Spawn of The Everlord (IC)

A great red orb. The unbelievably immense fluid mass had been drifting. Had it been ten years? One hundred? A thousand? More, perhaps? The orb had no way of knowing. What was left of the Everlords divinity could do nothing but hold this globule of his divine blood together as it quivered through the empty nothing that was currently the universe. The great war against The Consumer Of All Things had culminated in this.. The Divine One had lost. The Great Devourer had flayed the very divine flesh from the Everlord's astral body and left next to nothing.

If the orb of the Everlords blood could but come into contact with something, the perfect universe could be born anew, his foe would need to start from the beginning and, this time, He Who Creates would be the victor! Of course.. Such romantic things do not turn out so well, not even for the divine. The holy orb did come into contact with something.. But it was not some random object floating through the nothing, but rather that which had been searching for it, for oh so long. Yes, The Great Devourer had caught up with the last vestige of the Everlords being.. And consumed it.

Snuffing out a god though.. Is no simple task. At the moment of consumption, the ultimate being of evil and chaos had its own unholy blood completely mingled with that of he who creates good, and order. The Consumer Of All Things, in a moment of insanity and complete disgust at its own being, ripped itself to shreds, losing all control. Of course.. Not even a god can rip itself to nothing. Small pockets of the combined divinity of the two, last gods floated off, violently whipping, or peacefully molding into each other as new.. "Beings" were created. Perhaps "Last gods" would not have to be what the two would be forgotten as?

Slowly, seven points of power formed as the energy, flesh and blood of the Everlord and The Great Consumer converged, all gravitating around a single point: The decayed and hardened form of what was left of the great devourer, now transformed into a barren rock.

This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of The Everlord (IC)

As the globs of essence and viscera drift, as reality begins to form anew, darkness and cruelty seep into the law and order of He Who Created. The malice of the Devourer awakens anew, hungry to rule and to dominate. It rips itself free of the clotting blood, its form that of a naked horned woman. Her skin, red as the blood that had birthed her, was quickly covered by fabric woven from the tapestry of the void itself, clothing the newborn goddess in a black dress. Her hair grew quickly from her scalp, her dark locks cascading down to her shoulders. She opened her eyes, and they burned with wrathful light. She breathed the first breath, and whispered a single word. "Nergath..." She said. The first word, her name.

The world churned, scraps of energy that did not belong to a god began to respond to her presence, and she knew her domain. She was the Pitiless Queen, the Lady of Pain, the Judge of Souls, and the Guardian of Divinity. "As the first, she is charged with guarding the essence of creation... Divinity is law..." She whispered, pauldrons of heavy black metal materializing on her shoulders, attached to a gorget that protected her neck. A breastplate appeared, moulded to her form. She let out a sigh, and tiny rings of the dark metal rang out as they linked together to create flexible but sturdy armor to protect her joints. More plates of metal formed, protecting her shins, thighs, and forearms. Nergath wore the first suit of armor.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-08 at 06:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Skyen
    The Book of Skyen, the Echoing. . .

The Echoing began long, long, loong ago just as the first echoes of time began to wave into our own plane of existence. The Great Maker went mad, he tore himself to pieces as a strange, parasitic thing, devoured himself from the inside. The Maker and the Devourer are said to fight each other in nature and throughout all Creation still today, but that is another story.

The beginning of our plane is hard to comprehend even among extremely wise men. Yet of the following gods, Skyen would be the most like The Maker. Regardless of what the Maker himself thinks of our veneration, we give more focus and honor to Skyen. Skyen is the paragon, the essence and the best of what Fathers, Brothers, and male guardians of the fatherless have to offer. He gives of himself to provide for his family, he does battle with the snarling animal that threatens them.

He restores the young soldier who's manhood has been cut off, and gives him a family line to continue his legacy through the generations, and he is seen guarding the man and wife as they make love and conceive of the wife, her child. He guards the new born babe from disease, he gives the gift of long life to the grand father so that he may see his children's children's children, and perhaps even further generations, before he finally must pass on.

Some have said that the power of the universe and all strength, wisdom and knowledge flows from the blood of the Devourer and The Maker. Skyen is said to be the First Born of the Maker. He came flowing out of The Maker's blood first, and his blood was purest of the Maker than his other children. Skyen would yet become grand father to his child, a daughter, a daughter of happiness and nature it'self, the innocence of the doe, and the wild ravages of the blowing wind, which uproots the deep trees of the darkest woods.

Skyen felt his blood course through his veins for the first time, and he knew he was clean. Clean, but not cleansed. The power flowed through his entire being, and he knew the reason why he must be so strong, and he wailed as if thousands of thunderstorms roared throughout the universe at one moment, and suddenly rang hollow. He knew that he could stand for what was right, begin life anew, and bring strength to those who were honorable, upright, truthful and seekers after virtue.

Skyen held what seemed to be a wee fairie in his cupped hands, as he stood among the countless stars in the far off Void. He opened his hands, and smiled at her. "Daughter, take your first breath, open your eyes and take the beauty of all that is, and all that is not within your sight for the first time. I am your father, I am your father, Skyen, Lord of the Storm, and the Harbinger of Good over Evil."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

A new orb of blood. A cage of bone. A fish, flopping about. A fire, dancing with colours both warm and cold. A million other things.. All these different shapes, none of which made any sense whatsoever to that which was being formed by a precise mix of The Devourer and the Everlord. Eventually, a form seemed to settle. That of a naked male being, with pale, cold skin, and grey hair. That of a mid aged male. Yet the form would not hold. Terrible pain wracked the being, a flesh suddenly ripped, blood dried out and hair shriveled away. All that was left, the thousands of maggots crawling upon the bones of what was, for some short moments, a handsome male. Now but a disgusting, vermin-infested carcass.

Crying out in disbelief, in rage and in sorrow at its new hideous form, the skeletal Uelticrat threw its.. No, his arms up at his sides as he wished for nothing more than to hide his form from those around him. Then it happened. A shell, pyramid shaped, materialized from what was left of the blood floating around him. It formed around the grieving deity and protected others from his sight, just as it protected him from theirs. Black, hardened obsidian was the object. Smooth and plain. In his new shell, the young god pulled himself into a fetal position, and continued to screech as loudly as his divine lungs would allow, as the object plummeted towards the carcass of his progenitor below.

The mountain-sized obsidian pyramid landed with a huge "boom"ing sound, the earth around it scattering to form a crater around it. If there had been anything living around the point of impact, plant or otherwise, it would now be obliterated. Even after the crash, the wailing from within the pyramid continued, the walls of the construct vibrating ever so slightly at the utter "loudness" of their creators sorrow.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Begin: 15 Ap
    Create Land AP 2
    "The Wailing Pyramid"
    The wailing pyramid is a mountain-sized obsidian pyramid with a completely smooth surface. It gets its name from the constant, banshee-like crying resonating from within it, which can be heard easily from fifty kilometers around. Incidentally, this is also how large the crater around the pyramid is. Currently, the only things living in the area are the maggots living on the pyramid, as well as the black, thorny creeper vines covering the floor of the crater. Any maggots that climb off of the pyramid are usually instantly caught and crushed by the vines. The vines are not strong enough to harm anything much larger than the maggots (Which are their primary diet)
    Remaining Ap=13.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-08 at 05:24 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

HATE! It burned! It tortured him/her/it! Hatred at... he/she/it did not know, but it MUST be sated! Every instance not indulging in this hatred, this feeling that all should be as NOTHING was torment if he/she/it did nothing to indulge it!

The feeling came before the body. Perhaps it was the last remnant of the Great Consumers desire for everything in the universe to fall and be no more, combined with the merest touch of divinity to prevent the god from being not a god at all. Perhaps it was simply the regret of the Everlord, twisted into madness at the horrible nature of its death. Perhaps it was something new, reaching from somewhere from beyond when given this chance to use such divine materials to build something to further its unknowable agenda. Whatever the cause, the result was... monstrosity. Blood and darkness congealed, forming a blob of pulsing, dark divinity. A shell for the hatching of hatred within. Soon enough this shell was shattered, and from within the hatred of their two patrons came a Goddess of nothing but. A Goddess who paradoxically wished nothing bu the end of everything, but enjoyed the suffering of the Everything too much to want to end it outright! It was... maddening. But her hatred must turn somewhere. She must... do something! Anything!

What was this? The still forming divine stuff shifted into the form of a monstrous serpent, as it gazed down at the new world of barren earth. She... remembered. The world was not red. It was blue. A blue caused from something she felt within her very being. Death, darkness, despair? Yes, but all of that given form. All that distilled into its purest element... water. It all turned to water. The world would soak away and die, drowned beneath her depths! That was her purpose, that is how she would indulge her hatred!

Turning her gaze upon the still new world, the Goddess who would be known as Sahu shot an endless flow of salty water from her maw, blasting it down at the nothingness below her. Drowning out the land, and making sure nothing but the water itself would survive on this world of theirs. She would drown it all! Nothing would be above her waves! And at her call it was so, and the world was all but drowned beneath her domain.

Satisfied, at least while not looking too closely, Sahu began to consider what to do now that her job was complete... before something caught her eye. Something had escaped her waters... it was Creation, and so would not simple be drowned beneath her domain. Furious, Sahu swam down to the world below before taking the form of a monstrous crab, sitting in the water surrounding this... pyramid? The word meant something to her. But right now, the land itself, the form this had taken... it was anathema. It was BLASPHEMY!

Taking one huge pincer up, Sahu began beating futily against the divenely made pyramid of blood, as though to beat it into submission. Into being nothing and beneath her waves. "Begone fowl blight upon my domain! Be crushed!" she hissed.

Spoiler
    Show

Alter Land 6

Sahu covers much of the world in ocean, drowning it with her divine will.

AP used - 6
    Total AP - 9/15
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-08-09 at 05:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mazathustra

Somewhere in the Void

"My God, what is that dreadful racket?"

A few flecks of the Divine One's blood had gathered together in the void, and they were feeling rather indignant. Not only had they lost the Great Battle against The Devourer, not only had the greater part of their form been petrified into some great ugly rock, but new divine powers were being born all around, and they wouldn't stop with the noise. From some far-off part of the void some lunatic had made a pyramid that wouldn't stop screaming, and some philistine was cackling madly as they flooded the world. And as the flecks of blood began to come together and take a shape, as divine ichor became golden fur and silver wings and ruby eyes, a new pair of ears could swear they heard some humbug off in the nether just muttering "Nergath…Nergath…"

As the blood formed a muzzle, it let out a sigh. It had been conscious for only a few minutes, and already this would never do. Mazathustra the Lion God held his paws up to his ears, hoping to drown out the noise. Where in Hell was his secretary? He was clearly in need.

"Simza!" The lion called out into the void. "Simza! Damn it, girl, get over here!"

A fox, silver-furred, scurried out of the void.

"I'm sorry, sir, I was just on break, and--"

"Simza, old girl," Mazathustra began, rubbing his temples, "that din over yonder has been driving me mad. Be a dear and fetch me a smoke, maybe a cup of coffee."

The fox saluted smartly and scurried off into the darkness. After a few minutes she bounded back, carefully balancing on her back a pot of coffee, a fine china cup, and a large hookah. She set them all down on a low table that had just manifested out of the void. The fox set to work preparing the hookah, as the Lion God poured himself coffee. He drained the cup, and let out a contented sigh.

"Simza, take this down." The fox drew a quill and parchment out of nowhere. Mazathustra took a long draw of the hookah, blowing it out thoughtfully.

"This black emptiness is positively barbaric, so here's my schedule: I need a good, extra-planar city made, one where I can operate in peace. I need the primary building materials to be marble, granite, and various precious metals. City walls should be non-Euclidean, so as to accommodate an exponential rate of construction and population growth. Planar docks should be built to accommodate a proper merchant fleet…"

He went on, and Simza scribbled furiously.

"Oh, and bring me my chess board. It's going to be a busy day, I'd like to get a game in before I get started."

Simza fetched the Golden God's chess board. She arranged the gold and silver pieces and the God of Politics and his long-suffering assistant began to play. Simza was actually quite good--better than her employer, even, but she had read somewhere that the Big Shots like winning more than they like a challenge. And so, bit by bit and turn by turn, Simza the Fox let her silver chessmen leave the board.

Barely containing his glee, Mazathustra moved his queen into position.

"Check, Simza."

The fox smiled, and moved her king out of peril. "Drat, sir. It seems as if no matter how hard I try, you simply can't be beat."

The lion god grinned. "Try not to take it too hard, my dear. One can only expect to do so well when playing against a deific entity. Now, checkmate." He moved his golden queen.

It moved back. Mazathustra's brow furrowed, and a small frown appeared on his face.

"Odd. Now, as I said, checkmate." He moved the queen

The piece moved a few squares again.

"I said checkmate!"

Time as we mortals understand it had not yet begun to be measured, but if it had been, Mazathustra would have spend about half an hour wrestling with the stubborn piece. Finally, wild-eyed, and with the judicious application of superglue, the queen was finally following orders. Taking a deep breath and collecting himself, the God of Politics gave a satisfied smirk.

"Now, as I was saying before that peculiar aberration, checkma-"

The queen began to shake. Because of the superglue, this meant the board and table began to shake violently as well. Pawns and bishops began flying about, utterly ruining the game. The queen broke free of its improvised bonds, and began to rise into the air, glowing brightly. There was a burst of light, and the lovely little chess piece had been replaced by a beautiful woman in resplendent gold, on her head a queen's crown and on her face a knowing grin.

Simza had scurried behind her boss in terror. Mazathustra shook his head at her.

"Now now, Simza. These things happen. Alter my schedule to make time for an unforeseen meeting, would you?"

He turned to look at the luminous queen, a businesslike expression across his face.

"Hookah?"

Spoiler: AP and OoC Notes
    Show

AP: 15

-4 AP -- Raise Hero: Simza the Long-Suffering, Assistant of the Divine, the Sacred Secretary, Fetcher of Coffee and Tender of Hookah-Coals

Remaining AP: 11

Also, Maya the Goddess of Luck is now in play.

Last edited by RavenStarver; 2014-08-08 at 04:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The Golden Queen chuckled, glancing down at her attire with a curious expression before shaking her head. A faint wind had come to the Void at her transformation, soft laughter echoing somewhere behind the two. With a glance down at her hand, the Goddess of Luck conjured a golden chalice, set with a single diamond. She leans back, taking a deep draught of colourless water, before sighing contentedly and placing her drinking vessel down upon the table. "No, thank you, Father. I prefer this."

Refreshment gained, the Goddess looked around them at the unending darkness, smile fading slightly at the upstandingness of it. "So... this is the Void?" Understanding was starting to come to the Lady of Risk. Of the battle that had come before, of the others that were beginning to take form in the darkness. And of the still young world taking shape beneath them. There would be time for that in a second. Like her father, the Queen had many things still to do.

For now, the blue eyed goddess met the Lion God's ruby gaze with a smile, taking his measure. She gestured to one side, the scattered pieces and board returning to Mazthustra's table. Leaning forward, the Golden Queen placed down a single shining silver piece to complete the set: a reforged queen. Her apology of sorts given, the newborn goddess looked back towards the lion, tilting her head. "Why do you play this game, when it always ends the same way?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Pardon me sir and madam", Father Skyen interrupted. "I could not have noticed we are already talking amongst ourselves. I am the Father's First Born of the blood. Although, since chronological process of any sort has not been created yet, I suppose we all are. Technically I could have sworn that the crazy guard's woman of Divinity may have been born a billionth of a second, or whatever measurement of time we could pretend exists already, before me."

"I'm a little concerned about the fate of our yet, embryonic world, but you two seem civilized to me. I was wondering if we could discuss exactly who we are, and what our importance to this dimension is, and, or will be".
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-08-08 at 05:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    The Golden Queen chuckled, glancing down at her attire with a curious expression before shaking her head. A faint wind had come to the Void at her transformation, soft laughter echoing somewhere behind the two. With a glance down at her hand, the Goddess of Luck conjured a golden chalice, set with a single diamond. She leans back, taking a deep draught of colourless water, before sighing contentedly and placing her drinking vessel down upon the table. "No, thank you, Father. I prefer this."

Refreshment gained, the Goddess looked around them at the unending darkness, smile fading slightly at the upstandingness of it. "So... this is the Void?" Understanding was starting to come to the Lady of Risk. Of the battle that had come before, of the others that were beginning to take form in the darkness. And of the still young world taking shape beneath them. There would be time for that in a second. Like her father, the Queen had many things still to do.

For now, the blue eyed goddess met the Lion God's ruby gaze with a smile, taking his measure. She gestured to one side, the scattered pieces and board returning to Mazthustra's table. Leaning forward, the Golden Queen placed down a single shining silver piece to complete the set: a reforged queen. Her apology of sorts given, the newborn goddess looked back towards the lion, tilting her head. "Why do you play this game, when it always ends the same way?"
    The fox came back out from behind the Lion God and began clearing away the chessboard. "It always ends the same way because I let him win." she muttered.

Mazathustra seemed not to hear her. He took another draw of the hookah, contemplating his answer. "There is something sacred, I think, in the battle of wits. It is like a union of spirits. A dance of intellects, in which every move brings something new and different. Even if I always wind up winning," he said, a smug smile creeping across his face, "the game is really something to savor."
    Last edited by RavenStarver; 2014-08-08 at 10:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Demon Awakens

The Verse, All-That-Is, was little more than Void, That-Is-Not. The Everlord and Devourer were anomalies, sparks of Something that arose from Nothing, a blip of Existence between two eternities of Nonexistence. Their cosmic clash of opposing forces was inevitable, and their mutual destruction a certainty. The remnants of their corpses manifesting into something new, was an anomaly. And when a fragmentation of the meta-divine passed through the miasma of the void, it bestirred Consciousness to Unconsciousness, and the Verse began to understand itself. Thus Deus Genesis, the Beginning of Gods.

A shapeless Consciousness took form, still cloaked in the miasma of Void, That-Is-Not, and for time immeasurable it contemplated itself and the Endless Verse, All-That-Is, until the barren Stone-Corpse collided with it, or it with the Stone-Corpse. And so it watched the World, as it desired to name it. Even as the Tormented Consciousness spewed forth her Brine Rheum and other Consciousness took shaped and conversed above the World.

But this Curious Consciousness was cautious, secretive, and a being of guile. Without form, this boundless spirit grabbed pieces of the World as they passed one another, stone and salt and water and the Curious Consciousness marveled at the static matter. Rock, such rigidity that crumbled before submitting to any other will. The fluidity of water, and the elusiveness it presented to the few rules that governed its being. And salt, the catalyst for change, a conduit for energy. Clutching these basic things closely, this black cloud hid it from all other Consciousnesses. For it was yet young and petty.

And so it began to shape static matter, carving solid stone and molding running water, and saturating each with salt. Its understanding is limited, and always shall be for It is not of the World, and desired to craft itself within the Stone-Corpse. The Curious Consciousness pondered this event, the Creation of Subgradient, when those standing above the world would descend into it and split themselves into Smaller Consciousnesses, enabling the Verse, All-That-Is, that is Not-Conscious to understand itself.

For It to learn, it needed a teacher, but no Consciousness yet exists that could teach It, for no other Consciousness was old enough to know the Verse, All-That-Is, or the Void, That-Is-Not in their entirety. Thus, this Curious Consciousness created its own Teacher-Student, whom it could mentor and in turn instruct itself. And thus, floating above the Drowned-Stone-Corpse that is named World, this Curious Consciousness sundered itself, and implanted this fragmentation of its own soul into the molded stone to create the First Subgradient Consciousness.

And the Curious Consciousness began to converse with the First Subgradient, high above the World-That-Is cloaked in Void, That-Is-Not

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    Starting AP: 15
    Create Hero: First Subgradient - The first non-divine life. A mystery, yet hidden by its creator who is itself a mystery.
    Ending AP: 11
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-08 at 11:28 PM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The Golden Queen glanced towards the fox-lady, smiling at her before turning back to the Lion. She hummed a little at his response, strumming her fingers upon her father's table. "Perhaps. I... can understand that. Thrill, excitement, possibility. A clash of wits, where you can show your skill, your daring..."

The new goddess glanced upwards towards her strange hat, chuckling at her own origin. She followed Simza as the fox-lady packed the game away, before looking back to her father, a curious look in her eyes. "Still, a game needs chance, doesn't it? Things you can't predict, that you have to react to? That's the problem here. How great is victory when everything can be determined and planned for in advance?"

The Lady of Risk hummed to herself, pondering both the question, and her father, before waving the matter away. She looked out towards the void, grin returning to the newly wrought creation."Something to work on. Like everything else, I suppose." Chuckling, Maya slowly pulled herself to her feet, the golden robe shining in the midst of the void. "So Father. We are at the beginning. The other gods whirl around us, and the world, each intent on their own little doings, Where do we begin?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: A Gathering of Gods; Skyen, Mazathustra, Maya
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    "Pardon me sir and madam", Father Skyen interrupted. "I could not have noticed we are already talking amongst ourselves. I am the Father's First Born of the blood. Although, since chronological process of any sort has not been created yet, I suppose we all are. Technically I could have sworn that the crazy guard's woman of Divinity may have been born a billionth of a second, or whatever measurement of time we could pretend exists already, before me."

"I'm a little concerned about the fate of our yet, embryonic world, but you two seem civilized to me. I was wondering if we could discuss exactly who we are, and what our importance to this dimension is, and, or will be".
    The Golden Queen glanced towards the fox-lady, smiling at her before turning back to the Lion. She hummed a little at his response, strumming her fingers upon her father's table. "Perhaps. I... can understand that. Thrill, excitement, possibility. A clash of wits, where you can show your skill, your daring..."

The new goddess glanced upwards towards her strange hat, chuckling at her own origin. She followed Simza as the fox-lady packed the game away, before looking back to her father, a curious look in her eyes. "Still, a game needs chance, doesn't it? Things you can't predict, that you have to react to? That's the problem here. How great is victory when everything can be determined and planned for in advance?"

The Lady of Risk hummed to herself, pondering both the question, and her father, before waving the matter away. She looked out towards the void, grin returning to the newly wrought creation."Something to work on. Like everything else, I suppose." Chuckling, Maya slowly pulled herself to her feet, the golden robe shining in the midst of the void. "So Father. We are at the beginning. The other gods whirl around us, and the world, each intent on their own little doings, Where do we begin?"

"Crazy? Is that any way to talk about your Elder Sister." A whisper echoed from behind Skyen's ears. If he turned to look, he'd see nothing, but upon looking back to Mazathustra, he'd see a Tall, red skinned woman, clad in black armor. Her dark hair was held back by a braid and her horns. She smiled coyly, glancing back at Skyen, before turning to face Mazathustra and Maya. "I see we've already started to multiply. Greetings, siblings; I am Nergath, Guardian of Divinity." The Lady of Pain said, bowing her head as a sign of respect.

"Our sibling has a point, there is not but chaos at this point in 'time'. We should gather and confer, lay down rules and laws, so that we do not descend into barbarity."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-09 at 01:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

From the Mouth of Babes...

Upon instantaneous eons, the Curious Consciousness’ attention is drawn from First Subgradient and unto the convening Deus Consciousnesses in the non-existent heavens surrounding World-That-Is, the ringing of the Horned Consciousness’ voice engulfing his non-corporealness. Still engulfing the First Subgradient, who is yet young and by nature vulnerable to Higher Gradient beings, to keep it hidden, this Curious Consciousness surrounds the others, unseen and unheard.

Our sibling has a point, there is not but chaos at this point in 'time'. We should gather and confer, lay down rules and laws, so that we do not descend into barbarity.”

“…lay down rules and laws…”

Speaking first with its own voice, the Curious Consciousness’ utters a guttural noise, a tone without tenable language, distant yet encompassing with no source and continues until this nonsense sound grows into a mimicry of what common expressions its heard. “Why limit what Is and what Is-Not? There is nothing yet but rock and water and rock and water need no rules to be rock and water. What is barbarity, and what is there to fear of it?”
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-09 at 02:01 AM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Multiply?" The Queen in Gold smiled at the Divine Judge's commentary, shaking her head before gesturing between herself, Nergath, Skyen and Mazathustra, a twinkle in the goddess' eyes. "We were never one, dear Sister. Or we were, but then we were not Us. It's all rather confusing, is it not?"

The Lady of Risk was silent as the Curious Consciousness emerged, talking-but-not-talking to the group. Attention turning briefly away, she had moved to the small table in the midst of this conversation, and placed her crown down upon it. Task done, she turned back towards the group, her brown hair's strange blue streak now clearly visible. "You both have good points. A game needs rules, a baseline, a set of principles that cannot be broken. Even for Rock and Water. Up is up, down is down. The mountains will not rise above the clouds and the water will not flood all that is because the goddess of oceans is annoyed at the lord of storms."

The Lady looked down towards the earth, and the two divinities locked in conflict, chuckling gently to herself at how quickly the two had come to blows, before looking back towards the four other gods that she stood between. "However, it seems... early for such a creation, Nergath. There is no land, no light, nothing save the oceans, the rock and the void. What law is so important that it must be passed now, at the dawn of existence, rather than later? What is so important that it cannot wait?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dunno if the Firstborn can detect one another, but Maya's come into being fairly quickly, and is at an equivelent power level. Plus not all of the other divinities are active yet. It seems like this is a lie she might be able to get away with, though

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The VoidShortly after the „beginning“

As the Maker and the Devourer ripped ach other apart, a tiny drop, once part of either or both of them, got hauled into the Void.

Slowly it took shape, if there would have someone or something been watching, it could have recognized a head, then arms and legs. And more and more details, a face, hands, feets and fingers.

The divine baby, crawled through the Void, staring at the big nothing with curious eyes.
    Then, as if it had been crawling around a corner, it was gone.

The Rainbow RoutesSometimes

This strange tube was colourful, red, blue, yelow, …
    The small child crawled for something that seemed to e a very long time.
    Then it came upon a meadow, yes, right green grass, gentle hills, fluffy bunnies. It stayed for as long as it could, playing with those cute furballs, and then it happened...

… during a game of hide and seek, the young godling disappeared, he just went over a hilltop and wasn't seen again.

Again, Fáin, as he would become known, found himself in those strange system of tubes, crossroads and colours everywhere.
    It went on for something that would have been an eon, if here would have been time already.
    Glimpses into strange dimensions, travels on other worlds, each way seemed to open new possibilities.
    There was the time when he visited a world, that was covered by a great palace, made of gold and jewels. Another time he found himself as a piece on a game board, and it took all his will, to escape the urge to follow his players commands. Then again he was alread shaped as a young man, he visited a tortured being, screaming from pain inside an enclosed room. He grew older and older, and although no time passed in the world, Fáin experienced lots of things, he watched mad scientist-gods create perverted images of life, he witnessed Titans in strangely tight clothing battle each other in an endless struggle, he walked through planes made of divine flame and spied on horned monstrosities weaving their pacts.

All that was nothing.

Accepting his fate he began to learn from every new plane he came to know.
    Then he arrived in a place, were things were moving and acting as if they were people and alive, although they clearly weren't. Terrified from that dead place, he fled.
    And as he came to himself, he realized that there was nothing but darkness around him, as far as his senses could reach.and Fáin began to move in a random direction.
    But there was nothing. And he changed the direction , again, and again, unknowing that he went deeper and deeper intto the darkness...
    ...and there he saw something, terrifying even for a god. Was it a glimpse at the end of an universe or upon the Devourer at his mightiest? Noone knows, not even Fáin, he turned around and fled, stumbling through the darkness, until he briefly recognized a change in the environment and then everywhere was water.

The World, Sahu's OceanShortly after the „beginning“

Raising to the surface of this ocean, the Lost One realized, he couldn't see anymore.
    Feeling very old and wasted, and looking the part, he dragged himself out of the water. A coincidental watcher would see an old man shambling along on the waves.

Wet and unstable, Walking on water wasn't ideal, Fáin thought that there should be some place to rest. To his surprise, he promptly stepped on firm rock. Before him stood a great seat, so he seated and leaned his back.
    "Rock, not that comfortable.", he said to himself, a raspy, thin voice over the nearly empty world. Under him, rock transformed to something softer.
    "Better.", the Wanderer closed his eyes...

Spoiler: Actions and stuff
    Show
    AP: 15/15

15/15 - Weave plane (4AP): The Rainbow Routes
    Spoiler: Everywhere
    Show
    This is a network of multicolored tubes, that connects, well... every place. Or it could, it is constantly shifting and changing. It is somehow out of phase with rest of the universe(s) and incredibly difficult to reach.

Mortals can reach it by getting lost, then, sometimes they unwittingly stumble through some kind of gap.
    Deities can enter, although few of them do. They don't need it to travel and the feeling here is wrong - The Rainbow Routes could be traveled by beings from "other" places.

11/15 - Create land (2AP): Fáin's Bearing"
    Spoiler: Fáin's Bearing"
    Show
    Fáin's Bearing" is a flat, nearly circular Island (~60km radius) on the opposite of the World, relative to the screaming pyramid . At its center, there is a strangely formed mountain. Basically it has a shape that resembles a chair, there are steep walls (~4000m), followed by an enormous plateau, followed by another steep wall on one side (again ~4000m, totalling ~8000m).
    On the plateau there is a thick layer of humus (basically I wanted grass, but green and plants - You owe me some gardening Sunev Rolias ), and at this Age, a tired deity, only resting his eyes

Both, the island, and the mountain will become known as "Fáin's Bearing"

AP: 9/15
    Last edited by Kapow; 2014-08-09 at 03:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the Everlord's body ruptured open it started a fire in deep space. It wasn't that noticeable at first but it spread to the nothingness around- an unquenchable flame that set the skyline of the planet alight. But then great hands begun to roll that fire together and pack it tightly forming a large ball of never-ending flame and light.

"For the world was dark and without form..." The voice said as she finished packing her fireball in the sky. "Let there be light." She continued, finally finishing the sun. With her infinity large form she brought the sun and the planet together and started to spin them around each other for the first time and as she did so she too started to spin the sun and planet independently.

The seas churned as they moved for the first time, and the water below saw light as the rays of the sun cascaded over that sad lonely world. With a massive hand bigger than the entirety of the universe itself she gathered up what was left of the unquenchable flame that she couldn't pack into the ball and brought it towards the planet. As her hand reached forth the seas boiled near her and the water receded to avoid her touch as she dug her finger deep into the earth below. There, in the middle of this planet, she put the rest of that fire so that below this endless dark water the planet was being warmed from within.

As she pulled back her hand her size reduced to that of the other immortals, her work being done. The water quickly took back the place she had touched and covered the now-buried hole she had made. But this sudden cooling caused a pressure change in the mantle and upset the fire below- a crack formed in the crust and what looked like a mountain came from below the waves. Interested by what her handy-work had wrought, the goddess nearly smiled.

The top of the mountain exploded in fire and spewed forth even more heat, light and flame in the form of magma. As the tons and tons of magma erupted it cooled as it hit the water right below causing the two substances to become something else. Land. The eruption caused a large landmass to form around the volcano but the land was barren still popping and bubbling, barely more than cooled magma.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15

Weave Plane (4): More than just a ball of hydrogen and gas (though it is that; in all ways physically a sun) this imposing ball of light that sits in the sky is also the portal to a plane of fire and light where Her Luminance dwells when she isn't walking the earth. It's very existence has to set the world spinning and create the law of gravity and motion; one of the first of many laws.

Create Land (2): A giant volcano and the continent that formed from it. That's pretty much it at the moment.

AP: 9
    LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uelticrat - Saha The Wailing Pyramid

The god in the triangular pyramid of obsidian and blood was annoyed, angry, irritated, and many other negative emotions all bundled into one. It was dark, the feeling around him was heavy and, despite the comfort given to him by the high-pitched wailing sound that had begun some time before, his annoyance was rising. The space around him kept shaking.. No longer from the beautiful screech, but from something banging on his comfortable little egg. What was it? Why was it disturbing him? Uelticrat did not care. He just wanted it to stop.

The Deathly god unrolled from his ball, standing upon two skeletal feet as he placed his hands on either side of his pyramid from the inside. He stopped his screeching for but a second to gather himself, before throwing his fleshless face skyward and releasing a new cry, easily twice as loud as before. Though his cry was wordless, he allowed his thoughts to carry out with it. "Leave me be, or suffer your end."

As if to emphasis his point, Uelticrat allowed a tiny portion of his power to run through his arms and into his pyramid, his screams resounding off of their walls carrying it even further. With the screams came an unholy aura, the entire area inside the pyramid's crater filled with it. The water around the pyramid became murkey, unmoving, poisoness. The ground blackened and cracked, not even the unliving "vines" being able to continue their artificial life. The maggots living upon the walls of the pyramid, which literally lived off of the screams emanating from within were currently the only things that could survive the ordeal.. And they, just like the vines, were not truly alive.
    As all this rot and distruction took place, the ground underneath the pyramid filled up, pushing it further and further to the top of the waters.. But never breaking the surface.

Spoiler: Actions taken
    Show
    Alter Land 1 AP
    "The Wailing Pyramid"
    The Pyramid now produces poisoness gas, enough to fill the air around it until the edge of the crater it formed. If the Pyramid is underwater (Which it is right now) it poisons the water instead. The ground around it also "Dies". The closer one is to the pyramid, the stronger the poison is. The maggots that live on the pyramid are not affected by the poison as they do not breath or eat, they pretty much just crawl around. The land underneath the pyramid has been risen up enough that the pyramid is near the surface of the ocean. It's still underneath, but sometimes the very tip will poke out, depending on if there are waves or not around where the pyramid is. The screams of the pyramid sound muffled because of the water around it, but can still be heard clearly.
    Remaining AP: 12
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-09 at 10:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

RedKnightGirl

"Suffer? SUFFER?! You don't know the meaning of the world suffer little blasphemer!" the god of water and slaughter yelled, backing away from the pyramid for now none the less. "Your pyramid is a blight upon my ocean! Though not as unpleasant a one as I originally thought," Sahu admitted, admiring the death and poison emerging from the thing. It was... agony, death. She liked it.

"No matter how impressive your artifice, it still- gahk!" Sahu winced in pain, losing her grab like form and writing in the form of her serpent. This feeling, she could sense... something. No, no it couldn't be. Her ocean, her glorious ocean! It was... moving! Being pushed aside as though it were as nothing! What was happening?!

Swimming roughly towards the nearest point that was imposing upon her domain, Sahu raised her head above the waves to find an abomination. Something that should not be. It was burning hot, and boiled with magma. That was fine. It was new, that was fine too. What was not fine is it was above her depths! It was naked to the air and sky, away from the dark embrace of her depths! It was- WHAT WAS ALL THIS LIGHT?!

Forcefully shielding the area around her from the harsh light of the sun, Sahu for a moment grew simply mad. Too much was happening that infringed on her domains. Her darkness was shattered by light. Her water was blighted with land. It was INFURIATING! Shrieking in rage, the goddess took the form of a mighty kraken, before wrapping her tentacles around the new continent before attempting to drag it back down to the depths to which it belongs. The land splintered and racked where the wrapped her tentacles around it, and great gashes were formed in the structure that her water immediately began to fill. But this was not enough - it must all go down below!

Spoiler
    Show

1 AP Alter Land - In her attempts to drag the continent down, Sahu's tentacles crack the earth and form the Kraken's Tentacles, a series of canyons that take up a large chunk of the continent that occasionally overlap, run parallel, but all ultimately run into the ocean. These canyons are deep with sheer cliff faces, running from depths of anywhere between 100 feet at their smallest to twenty smiles deep at their deepest, and on rare occasions even pierce the core of the earth itself and lets magma flow instead of water.

8/15AP
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-08-09 at 05:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Ahh. That's... better."

The Golden Queen sighed, looking on as the sun rose for the first time. The light was strong, and slowly the globe below begun to spin in orbit around it. The basic rules of the game were coming into place... before she had the chance to write any at all. And whilst the others were still arguing about what should be. This wouldn't do.

Attention diverted from her fellow deities for the moment, the Lady of Risk looked towards the world, holding an outstretched palm towards Creation as her mind focused upon the matter that yet made up the world. The earth of Uelticrat's pyramid, Sahu's endless waters, the light of the Luminous One and the final element that she knew was yet to come to the world, but that remained intrical to what was yet to be. The storms of Skyen

Slowly, gentle gusts of wind started to coalesce into a strange gem; multifaceted, with deepest blue mingling with unblemished white, darkest black, verdant green and blazing red. No stone would ever look quite like the treasure Lady Maya wrought that day, for this gem was a metaphor. With a smile, the Queen let the gathered winds disperse, her own rules drifting out across the lump of water and rock, weaving themselves into its foundations. Quiet gift to the unborn mortals given, the Queen turned back to her fellow deities, chuckling to herself. "Fire, Water, Air and Earth.... it would seem that the world is coming together nicely. Though I wonder what enraged our sister like that."

She paused, frowning for the first time as she thought back to that mighty Kraken, struggling against the rock, before shrugging her shoulders. Her grin returning, Maya looked between the other gods once again. "It is a question for later though. What matters is a simpler point, as Skyen said. What do we all plan to do with this little sphere of rock? What marvels will we make, what beings shall walk upon it? Have any of you yet made such plans?"

Spoiler
    Show
    4ap: Create Legendary Concept; Elemental Magic. The first form of magic, built from the examples given by four of the first gods to leave their mark upon the Prime. It will allow mortals to draw upon the same forces of Earth, Air, Fire and Water, although to a lesser degree than the divinities that came before. The concept is woven into the Prime now, though the secret to its use remains known only to Maya.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2014-08-17 at 02:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Skyen
    Skyen looked over the vast, empty spaces, the water, both pure and defiled with poison, the screaming pyramids, and the lands the gods were making. Interesting as these events all were, there was something missing. . . Love. The gods could love or hate whomever or whatever they wished, but the mortals down below, when the time came, would be unable to. . . this would not do for Skyen, he hated, yes hated the Creation, even for all it's beauty and power. He drew forth power from the well springs of his blood, and commanded a great magic to cover all of Creation.

Henceforth, all mortals would be capable of love from birth. From the infant embracing it's own mother, to the father providing for his child, and even the friends and lovers of every man and woman in the world in throughout history would be able to show love and feel love. The mystical, supernaturally beautiful light covered the universe for an instant, like a flash of rose red lightning, and a musical song reverberated throughout the world and the god's senses. . . it briefly stopped, and then, like a heart beat, it would begin again, and slowly grow dimmer in the ear, until it was nearly silent, but it would always be there, like an immortal heart beat.

Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled Concept: Love:
    All life coming after this Fabled Concept will be capable of love, unless their creator specifically says otherwise. Love can technically be used as a source of magical powers as well, but that requires a magical discipline of some kind.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-08-09 at 01:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

[Awakening]

Within that star, perhaps in the most miniscule of ways that would eclipse even the notice of a deity lay nestled a singular drop of the makers blood, and from that nigh infinite well spring of power sprung into existence a being of.. confusing nature, emerging from the photosphere clad in golden mail, a bronze skinned figure emerged, hair every bit as aflame as the orange red irises that stood in stark contrast to that of the black sclera of his eyes, rippling muscles covering his entire body as he surveyed himself.

In these opening moments he was learning as much about himself as he was the searing planar gate behind him that told him quite simply that he was the embodiment of the energy contained within every fusing atom this massive creation held within, yet as well, he was the representation of one of the most powerful forces this universe had to offer. That which attracted and bound all things to coalesce into what was known as mortal matter, and yet further still he was a being with power to control that force, he was no mere personification of a planar ideal, or an elemental force.. he was a god. Spawned from a drop of the makers blood being touched by the immense divine effort of creating the massive sphere of fusing hydrogen and helium.

Roaring now as he realized, he was the strongest, the ultimate personification of the ideals he represented, a bestial effect that shook the foundations of Incredible dignity, insurmountable strength, and immaculate form! These words were carved into being by the creation of this being, this flawless example of what would come to be called the Strong Nuclear Force would slam his fists together lightning sparking from the divine effort as he'd roar out towards the heavens, not content to be ignored from the moment of his conception.

"RAAAAAGH! Ah.. Ah. Hahahaha. That felt good to get off my chest, now, to the task of creation. A being such as myself deserves nothing but the grandest castle, the most finely crafted wares, and the most skilled servants. Yet in a vacuum like this no such thing can exist. The only life that touches the worlds around me are dark, broken, things. Yet even those have a purpose, the darkness tempers the light, so. I will make creatures that will bestow my gifts upon those who prove themselves, though mortals are so fragile, they must be capable of surviving the culling that happens, forged in a crucible of iron will and sacrifice, that is where true strength comes from, and to those who have achieved the grace of strength I will grant unto them one of the three spirits that I create now. Arise, Guardians of the Sun. Symbols of my will! "

He adopted a fresh pose, his hands slammed together and his chest thrust forward as he grunted with an effort of deific proportions, channeling into creation his divine essence, a vein bulging in his forehead as he expended what he had of himself now, for the strong never hold back, to do so encourages weakness, and to give anything less than your all is to insult what you came from.

Each spirit would coalesce into being slowly, forming from the hydrogen and raw matter of the star, each a guardian without peer, and a significant investment of power from the new born star god.

First Born, Guardians of the Northern Pole of the portal to the realm of fire and the Golden Palace, Bál and Eldyr The Star Hounds massive canines that seemed to be made out of the very star stuff it protected it's form made up of swirling galaxies and from it's maw dripped plasma hotter than any furnace, and from it's howl the sun would flare around it, creating the phenomenon known as Solar Flares. These two would draw the chairot that he personally manned as he'd ride out towards that new world, seeking out the divinity that created him, but not before his job was down.

Second Born, coalescing from the vacuum itself The Guardian of the Eastern Hemisphere The Void dragon Aurvandil , a massive sinuous being that flew on the solar current, from it's maw erupted cold so frigid that it cooled the star around it, creating sunspots where it rested, the massive void born creature coated in scintillating orange red scales that darkened when it rested to a soothing purple that glittered with as much beauty as any gem stone, it's icy blue eyes that writhed with the power within however would make it quite easy to differentiate from any mere lizard.

Third born, embodiment of the solar wind, Bregoa, a massive flying stingray that guarded the western hemisphere, it's cries manifesting as the geomagnetic storms that would rock the atmosphere of the planet, the massive creature seeming to be pure nebula the purple swirling masses coalescing into it's glowing purple form.

Finally, sweating profusely, the joints of his golden armor steaming from the release of power, he'd conjure into existence the chariot he'd have drawn by the twin star hounds, smirking as he'd ride towards the planet, eager to see what beings he may test himself against in the future, Bregoa and Aurvandil guarding the Sun, and inadvertantly the Golden Palace and Realm of Fire The Lady had created.

Actions:

Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled Life: Star Guardians. 4 AP.

Divine Infusion: Star Guardians. 6 AP, 1 infusion for the exterior guardians, 1 for the internal. The hounds also draw the divine chariot he rides.

Left with: 5/ 15 AP.

Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-09 at 09:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

"Burning light!" The goddess declared with a laugh as the sun burned gloriously in the sky. She could see most of the planet below her and it's chaos filled her with anger. She could sense that it was not yet time.

"You like the warmth inside, don't you?" She asked the lifeless orb, gaining pleasure at the heat radiating off of her volcano. The goddess ran her hand over the top of the volcano letting the tingle of steam wash over her fingers. And then the cold water sought to crush what she had made.

"How dare you destroy that which I drug from the depths, monster?!" The light goddess roared in anger and caused the volcano to spew forth it's violent magma once more. "This land is freed from the tyranny of the waves.." She declared as the water boiled and popped while the steam that came off where the magma met the water was tremendous.

"Go back to the depths you beast I do not know or be cleansed in holy fire." The Lord of Light said without a hint of doubt- simply that if any stood against her that they would be cleansed. She narrowed her eyes and stared the kraken goddess Sahu down, all the while failing to notice what had come forth from the sun she made or the spread of love to the potential mortal races.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP Rollover +4
    AP: 13
    LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #23

RedKnightGirl

The hate that filled Sahu at this... INTERLOPERS presence was so great that she did not let go of the continent even as the magma flowed down and pooled at her tentacles. Her flesh sizzled and burned as she turned her eyes towards the rival goddess.

"You admit to dragging this from my depths. Creating this ABOMINATION of physical form. And you tell ME to go back? That it is somehow 'free' at being exposed to the RUINOUS LIGHT OF DAY, AND DEVASTATING AIR?! HOW DARE YOU?!" Letting go of the continent, the burnt kraken turned once more into a many toothed serpent, stretching out it's massive jaw and roaring in defiance at whoever this monster was.

"I AM SAHU! THE OCEAN IS MINE! IT'S DEPTHS ARE AS MY FLESH, IT'S WAVES AS OF MY WILL! THIS WORLD WAS COVERED IN ITS EMBRACE THROUGH MY WILL, DO NOT PRESUME YOUR LAND AS ANYTHING BUT AN ABOMINATION THAT HAS ABANDONED THE NATURAL ORDER OF THE WORLD!!"

Spoiler
    Show

AP Rollover +4
    12/15 AP

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Should-Not-Be and the Questions It Posed
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    From the Mouth of Babes...

Upon instantaneous eons, the Curious Consciousness’ attention is drawn from First Subgradient and unto the convening Deus Consciousnesses in the non-existent heavens surrounding World-That-Is, the ringing of the Horned Consciousness’ voice engulfing his non-corporealness. Still engulfing the First Subgradient, who is yet young and by nature vulnerable to Higher Gradient beings, to keep it hidden, this Curious Consciousness surrounds the others, unseen and unheard.

Our sibling has a point, there is not but chaos at this point in 'time'. We should gather and confer, lay down rules and laws, so that we do not descend into barbarity.”

“…lay down rules and laws…”

Speaking first with its own voice, the Curious Consciousness’ utters a guttural noise, a tone without tenable language, distant yet encompassing with no source and continues until this nonsense sound grows into a mimicry of what common expressions its heard. “Why limit what Is and what Is-Not? There is nothing yet but rock and water and rock and water need no rules to be rock and water. What is barbarity, and what is there to fear of it?”

Nergath glanced casually at the Being addressing it before turning to face Skyen and the others. She opened her mouth to speak before turning and scowling. "Barbarity is chaos. Barbarity is unrest and conflict where there could be peace and order. Barbarity is savage and unrelenting ignorance in the face of all that is civil." She spoke calmly, though her eyes scanned That-Which-Should-Not-Be carefully, sizing him up and evaluating him with every word spoken.

Spoiler: The Queen in Gold
    Show
    "Multiply?" The Queen in Gold smiled at the Divine Judge's commentary, shaking her head before gesturing between herself, Nergath, Skyen and Mazathustra, a twinkle in the goddess' eyes. "We were never one, dear Sister. Or we were, but then we were not Us. It's all rather confusing, is it not?"

The Lady of Risk was silent as the Curious Consciousness emerged, talking-but-not-talking to the group. Attention turning briefly away, she had moved to the small table in the midst of this conversation, and placed her crown down upon it. Task done, she turned back towards the group, her brown hair's strange blue streak now clearly visible. "You both have good points. A game needs rules, a baseline, a set of principles that cannot be broken. Even for Rock and Water. Up is up, down is down. The mountains will not rise above the clouds and the water will not flood all that is because the goddess of oceans is annoyed at the lord of storms."

The Lady looked down towards the earth, and the two divinities locked in conflict, chuckling gently to herself at how quickly the two had come to blows, before looking back towards the four other gods that she stood between. "However, it seems... early for such a creation, Nergath. There is no land, no light, nothing save the oceans, the rock and the void. What law is so important that it must be passed now, at the dawn of existence, rather than later? What is so important that it cannot wait?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dunno if the Firstborn can detect one another, but Maya's come into being fairly quickly, and is at an equivelent power level. Plus not all of the other divinities are active yet. It seems like this is a lie she might be able to get away with, though
    "Ahh. That's... better."

The Golden Queen sighed, looking on as the sun rose for the first time. The light was strong, and slowly the globe below begun to spin in orbit around it. The basic rules of the game were coming into place... before she had the chance to write any at all. And whilst the others were still arguing about what should be. This wouldn't do.

Attention diverted from her fellow deities for the moment, the Lady of Risk looked towards the world, holding an outstretched palm towards Creation as her mind focused upon the matter that yet made up the world. The earth of Uelticrat's pyramid, Saha's endless waters, the light of the Luminous one and the final element that she knew was yet to come to the world, but that remained intrical to what was yet to be. The storms of Skyen

Slowly, gentle gusts of wind started to coalesce into a strange gem; multifaceted, with deepest blue mingling with unblemished white, darkest black, verdant green and blazing red. No stone would ever look quite like the treasure Lady Maya wrought that day, for this gem was a metaphor. With a smile, the Queen let the gathered winds disperse, her own rules drifting out across the lump of water and rock, weaving themselves into its foundations. Quiet gift to the unborn mortals given, the Queen turned back to her fellow deities, chuckling to herself. "Fire, Water, Air and Earth.... it would seem that the world is coming together nicely. Though I wonder what enraged our sister like that."

She paused, frowning for the first time as she thought back to that mighty Kraken, struggling against the rock, before shrugging her shoulders. Her grin returning, Maya looked between the other gods once again. "It is a question for later though. What matters is a simpler point, as Skyen said. What do we all plan to do with this little sphere of rock? What marvels will we make, what beings shall walk upon it? Have any of you yet made such plans?"

Spoiler
    Show
    4ap: Create Legendary Concept; Elemental Magic. The first form of magic, built from the examples given by four of the first gods to leave their mark upon the Prime. It will allow mortals to draw upon the same forces of Earth, Air, Fire and Water, although to a lesser degree than the divinities that came before. The concept is woven into the Prime now, though the secret to its use remains known only to Maya.

Nergath looks Maya up and down, her eyes looking not only at the Physical, but at the spiritual and the deific. She raises an eyebrow ever so slightly, an indication of curiosity or suspicion. The Pitiless Queen smiles, speaking plainly. "That we have grown in number since our collective birth is apparent to me, sister. How you cannot sense such powerful presences eludes me. Perhaps you are defective, or perhaps you have yet to fully mature? If the former, then I extend my sympathies. If the latter, that would suggest that you are younger than I..." Her smile faded.

"Regardless of the cause, you are right, we were never one. Perhaps two, at the minimum. But now we are... nine... I believe." Nergath said, her eyes flicking upwards in thought, before again gazing upon Maya and That-Which-Should-Not-Be. "Already barbarity descends on our world. Heated words charge the very space around us with emotion and energy, a glimpse of the havoc that will be unleashed should we abandon all civility. I, for one, do not wish this world obliterated in a fit of childish rage. Thus, I propose a gathering, where we might set down laws and rules for our collective to follow. In doing so, we can avoid chaos and barbarity, and proceed unto creation and proliferation."

Spoiler: Creation of Love
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Skyen
    Skyen looked over the vast, empty spaces, the water, both pure and defiled with poison, the screaming pyramids, and the lands the gods were making. Interesting as these events all were, there was something missing. . . Love. The gods could love or hate whomever or whatever they wished, but the mortals down below, when the time came, would be unable to. . . this would not do for Skyen, he hated, yes hated the Creation, even for all it's beauty and power. He drew forth power from the well springs of his blood, and commanded a great magic to cover all of Creation.

Henceforth, all mortals would be capable of love from birth. From the infant embracing it's own mother, to the father providing for his child, and even the friends and lovers of every man and woman in the world in throughout history would be able to show love and feel love. The mystical, supernaturally beautiful light covered the universe for an instant, like a flash of rose red lightning, and a musical song reverberated throughout the world and the god's senses. . . it briefly stopped, and then, like a heart beat, it would begin again, and slowly grow dimmer in the ear, until it was nearly silent, but it would always be there, like an immortal heart beat.

Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled Concept: Love:
    All life coming after this Fabled Concept will be capable of love, unless their creator specifically says otherwise. Love can technically be used as a source of magical powers as well, but that requires a magical discipline of some kind.

Nergath frowns as Skyen moves to charge the world with more power, contributing in his own way to the growing chaos and instability of the world. She exhales in an irritated fashion, gesturing to Skyen. "And I suggest we convene quickly, so that as much havoc as possible can be avoided. Already we are charging space and time. Already we move to create without thought or contemplation..." Nergath scowls, then turns to face the world. She speaks in a soft voice, the sound echoing across the cosmos.

"Brothers, sisters, in between beings and all who carry the 'Spark', I beseech thee! Lay down your aggression for but a moment, and gather to me, that we may discuss and lay down the foundation for our conduct, lest all of our domains become tainted and twisted against our wills! I will conclude that those of you who refuse my invitation agree to any and all settlements that are laid down in your absence."

As Nergath spoke, the space around her warped, becoming a grey expanse of dirt and stone in all directions. A circular table of carved stone sat on a large stone dais, with nine thrones spaced evenly around it. The sky shifted, becoming a vast display of events and forces, a view port into the mortal world. Nergath gestured at the table. "Please, brethren, sit." Goblets filled with a red liquid shimmered into being on the table, each before a throne. The Lady of Pain stood next to one throne, waiting for the others to gather before taking her seat.

Show
    15 AP + 4 AP - 4 AP = 15 AP
    +4 - Rollover
    -4 Weave Plane: The Legislated Realms of Gehenna - A vast plane of grey possibility, Gehenna is a plane of law and order. Home to Nergath, it serves as neutral ground to most deities, who are all welcome so long as they do not disrupt the workings of the plane. Physically, Gehenna is simple a vast world of grey dirt and stone, broken up by pale grey-blue streams and lakes of what might be water. Though nothing currently lives in Gehenna, it can support life. The need to eat, sleep, and drink is alleviated while on the plane.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

[Planet that has yet to be named]

Haha! Truly this was glorious, already conflict had broken out. The weak were being separated from the strong, and soon those who would rule would emerge victorious, passing by the conflict he'd laugh boisterously enough to be heard from the ground below even as he'd crack the bridle against the starhound's back driving them towards the gathering that some Goddess who claimed to represent the collective will of the others. Very well, he'd see whatthe fuss was about, but as the God of Strength he had planned to take the helm.

[Ghenna]
    Thus, Alcandor would make his first appearance, showing up in a great golden chariot drawn by two massive hounds, each easily as big as a house and radiating the divine power of a being lovingly hand crafted by a god, plasma dripping from their maws as they'd nip and fight over a ball of plasma that Alcandor would toss the pair, the massive bronzed figure chuckling as he'd advance, raising a stone from the ground so that he could sit before saying.

"ALRIGHT THEN. You've managed to draw my attention away from the fine battle going on between the two goddesses of Fire and Sea, so you had better make this worth my time or you'll be having your own battle on your hands. You made me choose between being a spectator to a rare and grand conflict and being forced to sacrifice my voice as the strongest in a matter of divine law. Do not make me regret it."
    Last edited by Fan; 2014-08-10 at 06:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Gehenna

The Queen in Gold hummed appreciatively to herself as Nergath's domain begun to take form. Not a realm to her tastes, too grey, too dull, everything quite literally set in stone but the purpose was more interesting. A window unto the universe, a place for gods to meet as equals. There was possibility here, no matter how much the Lady of Pain might try to chain it through law and regulation. This place had potential to be interesting. She should thank her dolours aunt for her work later.

The Goddess bowed to Mazathustra, then to Skyen and the Curious Consciousness, giving each of her companions a smile before turning to follow Nergath's course around the table. As she went, the Queen's attire seemed to shift. Where once she had stood proud in a dress woven of purest gold, now the daughter of Mazathustra was clad in lose fitting black leathers, with two dusty looking scabbards at her back. Her concessions to divinity were twofold; a crown forged of iron, set with a single sapphire and engraved with runes that as of yet had no meaning. Upon her back, she wore a cloak woven of strange scrips of card, each painted with a slightly different design, and set with a silver clasp in the shape of an eight pointed star.

With a flourish, the shifting-goddess unbuckled her cloak, draping it across the throne one place to Nergath's left. On the head of the throne, a small circle glowed blue for a second before the light faded, leaving the sigil of the goddess revealed: a small bird in flight across the field. The Queen of Chance grinned, bowing one final time to each of her contemporaries in turn. With a final bow to Nergath, she took her seat, raising up her goblet with a smile. This was as good a chance as any to introduce herself. "Maya. Lady of Risk, Goddess of Strategy. A pleasure to be here, brothers and sisters."

27. - Top - End - #27

RedKnightGirl

The serpent growled as it bared its fangs, ready to strike the interloping goddess. But there were so many distractions! Laughter! Proclamations! ...there were too many. Sure, she might strike down this one monster and allow her seas to go undisputed for a while, but what then? With so many others like them it was only a matter of time before some other spark suddenly decided they'd rather like some land too, despite it being an abomination. In other words, fighting was pointless. At least here it was. Her only real chance at establishing her hold and preventing more land from forming was with words.

"This isn't over," Sahu hissed, before shifting forms into that of a nightmarish manta ray big enough to blot out the sky and black as night. Flapping her 'wings', Sahu 'flew' through the void, shifting back into her favored serpent form upon reaching this so called 'meeting'. Such organization was childish and pointless, but as she had no intention of following any rules she disagreed with whether they were made or not there was no harm in participating in making the rules to begin with.

It seems there were other godlings here among this... ugh, land? Their chosen meeting place was LAND of all things?! Twisting her maw in distaste, Sahu coiled herself up in a corner before glaring at the other gods present. "Make this quick," she growled simply. "Sahu, Mistress of the Depths waits for no god."

28. - Top - End - #28

The First Convening of the Divine

Spawning of other Deus Consciousnesses brought forth an evolution of the Verse, All-That-Is, and events transpiring at once rippled through the Verse, All-That-Is, that both disturbed and excited this Curious Consciousness. Even in its youth, it possessed a condemnation of those not of Itself and of same Gradient, for they expressed Ignorance-That-Is-Blight, which It abhors. To assume All-That-Is belonged to one Consciousness is Incorrect and must be Corrected.

Still a cloaked as a dispersed miasma of the Void, That-Is-Not, this Curious Consciousness gazes in wonder upon the Gaseous-Flame and Bright-Stone, for yet new static matter is formed and yet beyond its understanding. And cradling the First Subgradient, who has yet to witness Light or Heat, the Curious Consciousness speaks in soft rumbles, “Know you are Ancient, first of all Beings whose Bones are of World, older than Sun and Moon, who is both Mundane and Divine. Return to the Matter from which I shaped you, and understand the Verse, All-That-Is, as put a piece of the grand machination for Verse, That-Is-Not-Conscious, to know itself.” And at once, the First Subgradient is tenderly flung back towards World in silent darkness.

And with Its Teacher-Student returned to World, the miasmic deity seeps into this new realm of Sub-Existence. Deigning to change perspective, the void cloud reshapes itself into a million humanoid figures in imitation of other Higher Gradients and of colors beyond comprehension, mingled between all objects and Deus Consciousnesses present. And in a million voices, It speaks in deafening rumbles, “I deem this Arrogance to assume Lordship over all Gradients, and to force this Will against those who oppose such Tyranny. “

Descent of the First Subgradient

It was but a stone, between a large hill and small mountain and conical and its descent was silent and unremarkable. It landed amid the vast, churning salt-seas and sunk like the stone it is to the shallow bottom. And in the dark and wet safety of its birthing, it emerges. Dozens of massive tentacles snaking and waving through the swirling currents in all directions with its conical mountain-shell at the epicenter. And it moved, slowly, but only at night and never a full moon. And it hummed, and boomed, and its voice echoed through rock and water and air, calling out for companionship.

Show
    Starting AP: 11AP
    Rollover: 4AP
    4AP Create Fabled Concept: Gradients of Creation - A metaphysical scale of ranking all conscious beings, establishing all beings with wills, sentience, or souls as fundamentally the same from insects to gods. One's place is determined at moment of creation as a product of one's creation, but it is not static. Power is ability to enact one's will upon Creation, and the more one understands Creation, the more one can change it. The reverse is true. More powerful beings can hinder the advancement or even lower a creature's gradient level. The First Subgradient is labeled such for being the first non-god being.
    Ending AP: 11AP
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-10 at 12:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

"This place is yours no longer you wretched creature. The symbol of my divinity hangs in the sky casting her luminance upon all that can be reached." She declared as fresh lava cooled into new land. "This.. this place now called Volcanaan is air-touched and beyond your tentacle's grasp." She continued, the fire around her transforming into a stylized pair of flaming wings.

"Natural?" The goddess scoffed as she gestured over the immensity of the water. "This entropy? No. I refuse this chaos and darkness. Back to the depths with you abomination, you are the strange one in this place. My light has revealed you so go back to the depths where you belong. It is over." She declared, not flinching at the monstrous manta-ray and merely watching it depart. This precious bit of land was now safe for the moment.

A calling elsewhere brought her back to the present. What sort of being would call for her? In a flash of fire the being at the island was immolated and appeared at the The First Convening of the Divine as a ball of fire before settling back into a humanoid shape of fire.

"Greetings... other gods." She said softly, unsure of how to address these others her gaze turned at each of them before settling on Sahu. "You're here, sea wretch? This isn't a place for you." She declared before dismissing her and introducing herself.

"I am merely Her Luminance."
    LGBTitP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uelticrat, The Wailing Pyramid

The assault upon Uelticrat's shell had ceased. The ugly racket had disappeared and the screaming could continue unhindered. Grieving deity looked to his hands, to all his form, and saw that he had stopped shifting. Still, he was this ugly, disgusting, skeletal form. Gone, the masculine beauty he had had, for but a moment. Infuriating. A resounding thud emanated from the Wailing Pyramid as the god of Vermin banged his head against one of its walls, "This is not a form befitting a god!" he yelled out in frustration, letting himself go slightly.

"This is not a form befitting one such as me!" He screamed a second time, increasing in volume. With the increase in volume came an increase in anger, and a release of power. The pyramid shook more violently than usual for a moment, small obsidian eggs forming upon its walls. Within mere moments (to a god) some of the eggs themselves shook, then blasted open, revealing an eight legged creature, with an exoskeleton as black as the pyramid. These.. Spiders, as large as most humanoids would come to be, swam away from the pyramid, looking for their purpose, all the while, a dark green liquid drifting from their maws, poisoning the waters even further.

Once again, Uelticrat let out a high-pitched bellow "This form is not befitting of one such as me!" as he brought his skull against the wall of the pyramid a third time. He banged too hard, however, as his head popped off of its skeletal neck, continuing the screaming, now completely incoherent. His hands raised up and touched him at the neck. With a mouth-less sigh, The Vermin lord willed a blackness to seep out from the skeletal neck-piece, a blackness formed of his very divinity. Within moments, it had covered his entire body, hardening, then softening them forming itself into a long, ragged black robe. Around the hands, it re-hardened into black, metallic gloves. Finally, a face formed. Not one that he was particularly pleased with.. But better than a skull: The head, abdomen and front legs of one of his arachnid creations popped out of the front of the hood of his robe.

Uelticrat looked down to his old skull, lying on the floor of the pyramid, still screaming. He chittered his mandibles, placed it in the exact centre, and rose up, moving through the pyramids walls with the ease of a ghost. "Oh? .. How this-No, how my world has changed in such a short time. Covered in some sort of liquid.. And a huge mountain, poking out of the liquid, containing more liquid, yet bright and hot? ..How odd and pathetic. Which idiot brightened everything though..? I can see.. Everything.." He looked up then, seeing two beings in the distance arguing. He had not time to approach, as a voice resounded in his head, mere moments before the other two disappeared. "..They will probably try to take my pyramid." he cast his gaze down again, looking at the object emitting a single, constant scream. "I think not!"

Gods, Ghenna
    As his form transfered itself to the gathering, Uelticrat willed the missed flowing from beneath his robes to spread with slightly more power if only for a moment of show. He clicked his mandibles as he gazed at those already gathered. First at Nergath.. A feeling of great hate assaulting him. Beauty.. What he was denied, even if beauty in such a twisted form. Alcandor.. Another attractive being. The feeling of annoyance welled up within the spider-headed deity. Maya.. ....Would this punishment not end? He felt a wail building inside. Sahu.. He clicked and chittered to himself a few times. Atleast something else here was ugly. He allowed himself a sigh, sitting at the table wordlessly. He proceeds to play with one of the goblets, dripping some of the poison from his fangs into the liquid within.
    As she introduced herself, Ueltricat cast his gaze over to the one called, "Her Luminance". ...What a pompous name. He remains silent.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Rollover: +4 AP

Create Monstrous Life -1 AP

Obsidian Spiders
    Human-sized spiders which cannot be truly described as living or dead. Their chitin is formed from obsidian, as are their eggs. The only place they can lay their eggs is actually upon obsidian, and they do not do so often, therefor they are few. They do not hunger, thirst or breath. Their only driving force is to kill anything that is truly living. Undead, animates and anything "Godly" does not count. Their main form of attack is the poison constantly dribbling from their mandibles, which causes incredible pain, but does not kill or paralyze. They kill by biting and tearing.

Remaining AP: 15