New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    @People saying Shapeshifter.

Don't Shapeshifters turn back to their original forms if they get knocked out or are sleeping?

I can only imagine you getting drunk passing out and turnign intro this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Or sleeping after an orgasm and the girl that is whith you freaking out.
    Well, that particular one "can remain in its humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one." So no worries on that count. Still, if it was a restriction? Eh, I'd still take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Forgetting a key point - Androids have no ki signature, making them virtually impossible for certain other artificial lifeforms to track. Also, if you're becoming an Android in this world, there are no Saiyans, no Namekians, and definitely nobody from the Frost Planet - so there's no way to hybridize all of that DNA into an Imperfect Cell.

So, yeah. Pretty much no drawbacks whatsoever. And given that the Androids canonically stopped multiple Super Saiyans, nobody to stop you. Have fun with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamash View Post
    Wow, someone is a big Dragon ball fan ;p
    Hey don't knock it, I play an Android in a freeform dragonball roleplay. and not even the infinite energy type, I went with the drainer model, and my android kicks ass, like you have no idea how much absorbing ki blasts is a tactical advantage. she is basically a transhuman/posthuman being who feels as if she no longer human because her determination no longer knows human limits or frailties, and thus while she tries to enjoy life and hold onto her human side, she also knows that she is no longer really human- she survives things no human can, that not even human ki users survive.

and Android eyes are not creepy they're awesome.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Man View Post
    I often ask this question to my friends and you can tell a lot about their personalities by their answer:

1- Shapeshifters: Normally they are people who have low self esteem and wanted to be able to be someone else.

2- Dragon: People who feel weak and want to have a power fantasy.

3- sex demons: Sexually repressed people or perves.

4- Imortal creatures: People who don't deal well with their own mortality.

5- Something else: Creative people with funny and witty ideas.

I would probably be a wind elemental or spirit, be able to be free and go anywhere.

It tends to change a bit if you have kids. A lot of monsters are immediately off my list, since there's a high chance I'd frighten or accidentally eat my daughter. Vampire's out, since I'd never get to take her to the pool during summer. Basically, whatever it is would have to be something that I could conceivably fit in with regular society, without any of the murder-y tendencies that a lot of monsters tend to have. Shapeshifting is awesome, too - so shapeshifting it is.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Or sleeping after an orgasm and the girl that is whith you freaking out.
    1) If you are turning into a dangerous shapeshifter, maybe this is the time to lay off the booze. I mean, there's intimidating people for potato chips and then there's waking up and finding out you leveled the city. Yeah, I don't think randomly destroying places is going to be a fun deal especially if you can't even remember it!

2) Many shapeshifters seduced people. I think if they reverted back after orgasm, you'd get a lot less tales of these creatures successfully seducing people over a period of time. I guess a lack of lighting helped back then, but you could try to be romantic and use candles and very myopic people?

3) If you're worried about the girl you're sleeping with, you could just switch to guys I guess. Maybe he'll go to sleep before realizing what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Man View Post
    :

1- Shapeshifters: Normally they are people who have low self esteem and wanted to be able to be someone else.

Being a Shapeshifter could be cool.

2- Dragon: People who feel weak and want to have a power fantasy.

Dragons are awesome!

3- sex demons: Sexually repressed people or perves.

Maybe a bit of both.

4- Imortal creatures: People who don't deal well with their own mortality.

Got'cha. I'm down for that.

5- Something else: Creative people with funny and witty ideas.

Dang! I got nothin'!

Put me down for 1 to 4 please.

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    you could try to be romantic and use candles and very myopic people

Easeplay opstay aringshay adetray ecretssay!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

i went with abomination infernal (which i guess means a demonic deity and a non-evil deity made a baby and then aborted it; basically a power fantasy for something that's still sub-deity level), but really the best one is probably a metallic dragon, like a bunch of people said. i'd just go with gold dragon wyrmling. the only problem would be getting enough to eat once you got big, assuming you still wanted to live with humans in a human form. you'd be like Goku or Vegeta eating like crazy. dragons are magical, so i'm not sure how much they really need to eat ... it's an interesting question.
    check out my D&D-inspired video game, not done yet but you can listen to the soundtrack if you're bored: https://www.facebook.com/TheCityofScales/

my game's soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-77807407...les-soundtrack

my website with homebrew and stuff on it: http://garm230.wixsite.com/scales

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Right now I'm thinking Werebear so I may hibernate.

Not through winter, but through this over hot week!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

To paraphrase Gygax, "humans are the worst monsters". So I'd want to be a d20 20th level human monk.

What so monstrous about a monk, you ask? Well there's this person who can break through reinforced concrete with his bare fists (Ki strike, improved unarmed damage). Who can take knife stabs to the gut without flinching (Damage Reduction/Magic) and probably even take gunshots to the chin and walk it off (high HP, in addition to the DR). Who apparently does not age and is immune to disease and poison. Who is impossible to capture, because they can vanish into thin air and pass through walls (Empty body).

Imagine this person getting into the worst Lawful Evil antics possible in the modern world, where there isn't an abundance of magic weapons or the like to bypass the monk's defenses.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Thinking on why I picked a dragon. It's the old connection with nature I think pulls me more than anything else. Siegfried's song of nature and all that.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

@People saying Shapeshifter.

Don't Shapeshifters turn back to their original forms if they get knocked out or are sleeping?
    Really? Weird every time I see a shapeshifter being knocked out in media they always return to their original self, I can't think of one exempla where this is not the case.
    A lot of people here are choosing D&D-based shapeshifters. In D&D, there is no such rule for shapeshifters. So it's not really a problem.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A god of space, time, and dimension travel.
    - I would be able to trade with other gods anywhere.
    - I would also be able to watch alternate versions of movies.
    - basically with powers like this, I would be like an incredibly powerful gin.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

In non dnd white court vampire from jim butchers dresden files
    in dnd probably homebrew vampire
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    In non dnd white court vampire from jim butchers dresden files
    in dnd probably homebrew vampire
    White Court vampire is admittedly pretty sweet. But when it comes to vampires from fiction, few are more awesome than Hellsing's own Alucard. Being that specific vampire - day-walker, shape-altering, nigh-unkillable, basically all the powers and more or less none of the vulnerabilities. I mean, he can sort of be contained, but not quite?

Or, to (mis?)quote the Abridged version, "Why don't you get that guy who can stop me? What was his name? Michael McDoesn'texist?"
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

At this point either something that's immune to broken bones or something that can fly and thus avoid falls.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Something big and strong and robust and unapologetically boorish.

I'm discounting all the options that would boil down to "functionally not a monster", shapeshifters (werewolfs are an edge case as long as they don't have true control over when and where they shift), vampires, things like that. I'm also not going for the biggest total amount of power here, like "Godzilla if he was also a stock market genius who's loved by the ladies and is immortal". I'm assuming some sort of arbitrary power limit and me not wanting to be clever about my choice (because the great healing monster would probably make a bunch of friends, but that's not what I would semi-instinctively would want to be).

Something like a minotaur, or a polar bear, or a Rhydon, or a fasolasuchus, or a Klingon (Deep Space 9 version). Because I look and act a lot like that anyway, but I could advertise it even more. Preferably a version of any of these that can still speak human languages (although bonus languages are a plus, I've always wanted to read Shakespeare in the original Klingon).

Because bam jonguh.

Okay, sure, in reality I would probably go for a human-bird shapeshifter (with makes clothes reappear powers), possibly with healing powers, because it makes life so much easier, but still.

As a compromise between the instinctive and the conscious choice, maybe a gargoyle. One part humanoid, one part awesome, one part flying and zero parts turning to stone when the sun comes up like the Disney ones because much of my favorite stuff happens during the day. Like lunch, and jobs, and meeting a bunch of other people.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-09-07 at 10:41 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Unless my wife changes with me, I'll stay the way I am.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Not an option. You've already been bitten by an elder mutatire. Change is inevitable, you can only steer it.

Because otherwise the question doesn't work. Very few people would give up most of the benefits of human civilization for some minor monster powers.

Pretend your wife has been bitten too if that helps.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-09-09 at 03:29 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Because otherwise the question doesn't work. Very few people would give up most of the benefits of human civilization for some minor monster powers.
    A lot of us have explicitly made a point of dodging that tradeoff though - particularly my "paragon human" option, but the shapeshifters are generally close.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    A lot of us have explicitly made a point of dodging that tradeoff though - particularly my "paragon human" option, but the shapeshifters are generally close.
    Yeah, but even if there was a ban on creatures with a shapeshifting power, I'd still jump at this. Probably to go with some variety of Fey, maybe a nereid, or a pixie. Main goal is having access to some ability to explore the world around me better (aquatic nature, flight), and some sort of magic or ability to manipulate the world in a way I find fun (illusions, matter manipulation, healing, creation powers).

Being able to engage in sexytimes with a little creativity, and not being so terrifying that my SO doesn't want to, also important, though I don't care about being clearly non-human as long as I can avoid (or survive) kill on-sight lunatics.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Right now I'm thinking Werebear so I may hibernate.

Not through winter, but through this over hot week!
    Very tempting, I admit. Glad it's finally over.

Maybe you should consult her before deciding. I mean, if you could take on a flying form, think of all the money you'd save on airline travel! And she'd get to ride a freaking dragon!
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    A D&D-style metallic dragon. Immense power, magic, and shapeshifting. Also because dragons are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Well... it's pretty popular already, but... Dragon. A silver dragon in particular (because the frilly gold dragon looks dumb imo). Silver dragons still have change shape too. Add in fire immunity too so hot climates aren't a problem.

Late to the Party, but this.

Most likely Silver for Aesthtics, but I`d prefer being Chaotic Good instead of Lawful, so mayhap another Metallic (or counting the Always as "most of the time, not me"^^).

Getting more powerful and smarter as I age, shapechange, Sorcerer Casting, whats not to love?

And on top of that DRAGON!
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Not an option. You've already been bitten by an elder mutatire. Change is inevitable, you can only steer it.

Pretend your wife has been bitten too if that helps.
    Oh, in that case, elf.

Elf women are almost always portrayed as beautiful, wise, and extremely intelligent, so she wouldn't have to change anything except points on her ears.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

In rough order from best to worst: Tiefling, Rilkan, Aasimar, Celestial Human, Half-Elf, Asurin. I'd love to be subtlely inhuman, enough that it is noticeable but subtle enough that random passers-by don't stop and stare.

Some sort of shapeshifter would also be cool, because you can remain human AND have all sorts of fancy abilities. Anything with natural Cleric or Wizard casting would be nice.
    Physics in D&D is only superficially similar to real world physics.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHighestMinio View Post
    In rough order from best to worst: Tiefling, Rilkan, Aasimar, Celestial Human, Half-Elf, Asurin. I'd love to be subtlely inhuman, enough that it is noticeable but subtle enough that random passers-by don't stop and stare.
    And hey, in certain parts of the world, the guy with horns would hardly be the strangest person around. I mean, sure, the horns look like subdermal implants, but does he have blue skin in a jigsaw pattern and eye tattoos?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, in that case, elf.

Elf women are almost always portrayed as beautiful, wise, and extremely intelligent, so she wouldn't have to change anything except points on her ears.
    Does she read the boards, or are you just still that in love with her?

Just saying: I'm kind of a tad jealous right now.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-09-09 at 02:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

...almost always portrayed as beautiful, wise, and extremely intelligent, so she wouldn't have to change anything....
    ....I'm kind of a tad jealous right now.

I'm not.

My wife, despite being older, retains all the beauty and smarts of youth, while I, in contrast, am increasingly turning into a dull-witted goblin.

It's a pain.

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I'm not.

My wife, despite being older, retains all the beauty and smarts of youth, while I, in contrast, am increasingly turning into a dull-witted goblin.

It's a pain.

Considering that from my experience, your posts are always fun to read, and often contain a good deal wit and thought, your self assesment is a bit disconcerting as far as I am concerned.

While I find myself aboard the 3.5 Dragon bandwagon, the one thing that bothers me about Sorceror style casting is that from my understanding it kind of kills scholarly persuits of the Arcane. The lesser number of spells known that you cannot not switch out seems like it might be frustrating as one seeks to expand their capabilities. Or am I making a bad assumption here?
    Last edited by Mith; 2017-09-09 at 03:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Be a vampire; then you can bring her along. Women break out their best nighties for vampires...
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd go with an Angel of some sorts. Because I like doing good, and that's just gonna help me do good, better.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Considering that from my experience, your posts are always fun to read, and often contain a good deal wit and thought, your self assesment is a bit disconcerting as far as I am concerned.

While I find myself aboard the 3.5 Dragon bandwagon, the one thing that bothers me about Sorceror style casting is that from my understanding it kind of kills scholarly persuits of the Arcane. The lesser number of spells known that you cannot not switch out seems like it might be frustrating as one seeks to expand their capabilities. Or am I making a bad assumption here?

YOou can at times switch out spells, or use feats to get additional ones, but yeah, the "sits around, reads a lot and gets more spells" clichee not of Dragons is. ;)

Also, I am a bit at a loss what many people here consider "monsters" (Elfs? Dwarves? hello?)
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”