New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default It kills monsters AND keeps my breath minty freash?(PEACH)

FIRE Cinnamon

effect:chewing this gum ball gives you fire breath for 1d4 rounds, doing 1d2+Half of your constitution in fire damage as a ten foot cone or a thirty foot line, rounding down.Reflex Half.
    mild evocation, craft wondrous item, burning hands, price: 10gp??
    burn baby burn, the hottest gum in town

Icy Mint

effect:chewing this gum ball deals freezes your breath, ..and leaves a fresh minty aftertaste! for 1d4 rounds you breathe ice, doing 1d2+half of your charisma modifier in cold damage as a ten foot cone or a thirty foor line ...Reflex half.
    mild evocation, craft wondrous item, ray of frost, price: 10gp??

Sweet Tart Shocker

effect: chewing this gives you the ability to breathe lightning for 1d4 rounds, doing 1d2 plus half your strength modifier in electricity damage as a ten foot cone or a thirty foot line. Reflex half.
    mild evocation, craft wondrous item, shocking grasp, price:10gp

Lemon Lime Surprise

effect:Chewing this light green gumball gives you the ability to spit acid as a ten foot cone or a thirty foot line for 1d4 rounds, doing 1d2 damage plus half your intelligence modifier. Reflex half.
    Mild evocation, craft wondrous item, acid arrow, price: 10gp
    Those'll rot your teeth out, you know that -Your mother on magic candy

Bubble OF DOOM

effect: chewing this bubble gum allows you to blow a fifteen cubic foot bubble in front of you trapping everything in that area inside of it, the bubble has 3d2 hp and a hardness of five, popping the bubble covers everyone inside of it in the gum itself as if affected by a tanglefoot bag.
    moderate evocation, craft wondrous item, slow, grease, price: 70gp

Caramilk Cannon

effect: This Chocolate has a pleasant carmel center that hardens on contact with saliva, you can spit the center fifty feet doing 1d6 plus half of strength modifier in force damage.
    moderate transmutation, craft wondrous item, magic stone, price:20gp

Cola
    Drinking this fizzy drink heals one hit point and cures fatigue.
    Mild enchantment, Cure minor wounds, price:15gp

Pop Rocks
    Putting these in your mouth cause them to pop on contact with your saliva. Opening your mouth causes a 15 ft cone that deals 1d4 sonic damage.
    Mild transmutation, magic stone, price:15 gp

Synergy BONUS!!!!
    Dumping a bag of Pop Rocks into a bottle of Cola causes a massive explosion, after a small gestation period of 1d2 rounds. (Yeah...gestation...I said it.) Combining them is a move action, and throwing is a standard action. It acts as a splash weapon (with normal thrown splash weapon rules) that deal 1d4 sonic and 1d4 force damage, and 1 point sonic & 1 point force damage to anything within a 5 foot radius

Unable to Laffy taffy(You try thinking of names all day!)
    When this normal looking taffy is chewed it becomes sticky, rendering the user unable to speak coherently or cast spells woth vocal components for 2d2rounds.
    Mild transmutation, grease, price 25gp.

Aerodynamic Aero
    Not that. This candy softly vibrates due to turbulent air trapped inside it in several bubbles, eating this chocolate causes you to breathe whirlwinds, doing 1d2+half of you're wisdom modifier damage to the target in a ten foor cone or thirty foot line.
    Mild Transmutation, featherweight, price 10gp.
    you've had one more candy, you're beginning to feel shugary love-two talking Iron golems.

Bloodpop
    The origin of these lolipops can only be guessed, perhaps it came from a vampric wizard who needed to appear as a human child, or perhaps a mad sorceress who needed easy food for the flesh eating beings she summoned, however the recipie spread, and now many bloodsucker across the material plane use these when they need an easy meal, light provisions, or to discuise themselves as children. When eaten this candy acts as if it were one gallon of high shugar type O positive blood(creating these creates 1d4 bloodpops)
    Mild transmutation, blood drops, price:60gp???

Goodberry Jelly
    This tube of jelly is made from goodberries and tastes like wild raspberries, it comes in a nondescript fist sized container and heals 1d4HP
    Mild Transmutation, goodberry, price:28gp

Pixie Sticks
    Hmm, this tastes kinda funn-OH SWEET PELOR IT STINGS!-some paladin on pixie sticks
    Among an evil beings most subtle tools, pixie sticks are true to their name, made from pixies and infused with negative energy, any being who eats pixie stick takes 1d2 points of negative energy damage, the sticks are counted as evil for calculating damage reduction, any paladin or good aligned cleric who eats a pixie stick falls for devouring the defiled remains of a good being.
    creating a pixie stick requires the corpse of a pixie capable of casting irresistable dance, which can be used to create 1d2 sticks.
    Mild transmutation, inflict light wounds, price: 100gp

Bubblehead Gum
    This magic bubblegum allows you to blow a bubble around you're haid, giving you 1d4 minutes of air without any external source, when the time is up the bubble pops.
    minor conjuration, obscuring mist,price:30gp

Crazy Herbal Brownie
    This strange brownie is made from a combination of plant and magic, upon consumption(a full round action) it gives the user the effects of tensers transformation, lasting 2d12 rounds.
    Minor Transmutation, tensers transformation, price:150gp.

Mapvel candy
    This candy gives you a boost in power mentally and physically, allowing you to withstand deadly attacks and gain magical stregth, you gain 2D6 CON and cast spells at +3 caster level, the effects last a for one week for piece of candy eaten.

However after each piece is eaten the subject must make a DC25 will save or become addicted, after the effects are done and no mapvel candy is eaten the subject is affected by insanity as the spell.
    Major transmutation, bears endurance, owls wisdom, fox's cunning, Price:750gp.

______
    Chewing the gum requires a standard action, using the effects requires another standard action.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2008-07-06 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: It kills monsters AND keeps my breath minty freash?

It's an interesting idea, but I think they are too weak to be worthwhile. Perhaps they could work like Burning Hands with Con affecting the save DC for half damage?
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems a tad cheap, no?
    This would be perfect for an assassination.
    Request an audience with the king, have dinner with the baron, etc. . . eat a piece of gum, insta-fireball, and the guards wouldn't pick it up as a weapon either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Very, very nice. I like. I would suggest upping both the lethality and price. How about sweet tarts for lightning breath and lemon lime for acid?
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Seems a tad cheap, no?
    This would be perfect for an assassination.
    Request an audience with the king, have dinner with the baron, etc. . . eat a piece of gum, insta-fireball, and the guards wouldn't pick it up as a weapon either.
    For the record, it does one, maybe two points of damage for a normal person, and half of that if you're unlucky.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    How about sweet tarts for lightning breath and lemon lime for acid?
    Done and Done, rules for distance and chewing added too.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

FIRE Cinnamon
    This town ain't big enough for the two of us.
    -Then I'll just move then, geez.
    Want some cinnamon before you go?
    -*eats cinnamon* ddsghhsfghsftgj!
    I fooled you, the cinnamon was acutally basil!
    -Oh my god!
    You will now die from basil poisoning!
    -Gah, Courtney, get my gun!
    --I am Courtney!
    -Get me my gun!
    --NO! Bwahaha!
    -Grr, I'll get my own gun!

Basil: injected poison, fort DC 18.
    Initial: Stunned for 1 round.
    Secondary: Death. But you've got enough time for a gun fight, as long as your gun isn't missing *BANG*
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

8. - Top - End - #8

Cleaned it up, added some new kinds of candy.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: It kills monsters AND keeps my breath minty freash?(PEACH)

The stuff is too cheap for a society balance, but the right for game balance.

Think about it.

at 20 bucks (in u.s. dollars) a GP, 200 bucks could get you a very nasty weapon, and one that is quite undetectable. Some pissed off worker could burn down a tavern with one of the fire cinnamons, melt a support beam (with the lemon lime surprise) on a large building potentially killing dozens. A child could mistake it for candy and steal it from a store, than eat it, and would probably kill someone by accident (over several turns) And this would be pretty commonly available, considering its price.

So up the effects and price, and make a PRC that specialize in using them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yarr, and I would have gotten away with it to. If I was smarter.

- captain McCallister

my stats
    LG Human Paladin 1/ Sorcerer 1

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall View Post
    Thog is more than a character - Thog is a universal truth
    Smart Thog by me, Smart Thog

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by smart thog View Post
    The stuff is too cheap for a society balance, but the right for game balance.

Think about it.

at 20 bucks (in u.s. dollars) a GP, 200 bucks could get you a very nasty weapon, and one that is quite undetectable. Some pissed off worker could burn down a tavern with one of the fire cinnamons, melt a support beam (with the lemon lime surprise) on a large building potentially killing dozens. A child could mistake it for candy and steal it from a store, than eat it, and would probably kill someone by accident (over several turns) And this would be pretty commonly available, considering its price.

So up the effects and price, and make a PRC that specialize in using them.
    I have no Idea how to make PRC's so unless someone else it willing to help I cant, and would it kill someone in FR?

don't most commoners make 3gp a month anyway, and spend most of that on basic living supplies?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

I have no Idea how to make PRC's so unless someone else it willing to help I cant, and would it kill someone in FR?

don't most commoners make 3gp a month anyway, and spend most of that on basic living supplies?
    Do you know how much adventures give when an NPC asks for money? About 10 gp (or what ever brings them down to a multiple of 10).Considering how much adventures travel through a city, and how paladins are so common in adventuring parties, kids would easily get a hold of this stuff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yarr, and I would have gotten away with it to. If I was smarter.

- captain McCallister

my stats
    LG Human Paladin 1/ Sorcerer 1

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall View Post
    Thog is more than a character - Thog is a universal truth
    Smart Thog by me, Smart Thog

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by smart thog View Post
    Do you know how much adventures give when an NPC asks for money? About 10 gp (or what ever brings them down to a multiple of 10).Considering how much adventures travel through a city, and how paladins are so common in adventuring parties, kids would easily get a hold of this stuff.
    Let's assume that some kid manages to get ahold of 10gp, they manage to find someplace that sells this stuff, they manage to find someone willing to sell a lethal weapon to a child and not warn them, the child does nothing but breathe fire for 1d4 rounds and hurts someone, now then, who rolled a "1" for INT?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

wink Re: It kills monsters AND keeps my breath minty freash?(PEACH)

Yah, these are just for "FLAVOR" *AHEM*. Anyways, I like them. They aren't enough to kill anything bar the most anemic of commoners (Maximum damage potential for an average person? Like 8 damage. Enough to knock somebody out, and if you're STUPID enough to keep breathing on them, to push them towards death.)

It'd be fun to toss a few of these to adventurers, and if ya really wanna up it at all, make it so that they can stack more than one of the same kind in exchange for starting to take a point of damage of that type for every piece of gum for that round. Possible other uses? Maybe make the Cinammon/Mint reduces one's charisma penalty by 1 point for half an hour after consumption of something. Minor, but gives that eclectic feel that minor magic items thrive off of.

Totally awesome item idea, overall.

And coincidentally, my roommate just walked in and tossed me a piece of sour gum.
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

A class of some sort that actually turned these into decnts tools and/or gave you an indeterminant supply of them would be the perfect addition to this thread.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Funny stuff for random stories.
    How bout a cursed one? Cursed taffy. This pink colored and cherry flavored confection is soft and stretchy like gum, but once wet it can become incredible sticky. Any person eating a taffy needs to keep chewing on it for 1d4+1 rounds, while it melt away. Any person that tries to talk (to speak to someone, to cast a spell, or anything) needs to make a Reflex save (DC 15) as a swift action (it takes a bit of time to unglue it from your teeth) or be unable to speak for that round. The check can be made every round, until you make the save, or the time is up.
    Assassins sometimes offer this candy to casters, or militia leaders, before revealing his murderous intent, knowningly that the victim will be unable to cast spells or call for help.
    So remember, kids. Don't accept candies from black hooded strangers
    Price: Dunno, something along 50-100 gp, since it acts as a miniature silence spell (and no, you can't sling it into the wizard's open mouth).
    Special: Creatures with mouths too big may need a bigger piece, or be unaffected. Creatures wth shifting forms, or without tooth becomes mutted for only 1d3 round, and the save DC is only 10, since they can shape change to move the candy, or it will just glue to the mouth's ceiling, being easily removable.

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    A class of some sort that actually turned these into decnts tools and/or gave you an indeterminant supply of them would be the perfect addition to this thread.
    The problem is that I have no idea how to make classes, I have a rough idea but no idea how to organize it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

toss your Ideas at me and I'll try give you a hand with it as soon as I have the time

^^
    '¨'

(O)(O)
    V^^V

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Guys, I may be mistaken but isn't the gp value the cost to make the item? Given the skills you would need to make these most of the people who can make them will higher level, and who would sell a magic item at production cost? Most likely these would be sold for a much more then twenty gold, probably however much they could get away with (pandering to sucker adventurers would be fun.).
    Insomniac posting is a STUPID idea. I should probably stop.

Halflings are my favorite race. Belkar is an exception.

Some people call me a frickin' creepy stalker, others are not so observant.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick_BR View Post
    Funny stuff for random stories.
    How bout a cursed one? Cursed taffy. This pink colored and cherry flavored confection is soft and stretchy like gum, but once wet it can become incredible sticky. Any person eating a taffy needs to keep chewing on it for 1d4+1 rounds, while it melt away. Any person that tries to talk (to speak to someone, to cast a spell, or anything) needs to make a Reflex save (DC 15) as a swift action (it takes a bit of time to unglue it from your teeth) or be unable to speak for that round. The check can be made every round, until you make the save, or the time is up.
    Assassins sometimes offer this candy to casters, or militia leaders, before revealing his murderous intent, knowningly that the victim will be unable to cast spells or call for help.
    So remember, kids. Don't accept candies from black hooded strangers
    That's good! And the candy isn't going to be detected as poison or anything dangerous at all by any means, it's just a very sticky gum!
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's assume that some kid manages to get ahold of 10gp, they manage to find someplace that sells this stuff, they manage to find someone willing to sell a lethal weapon to a child and not warn them, the child does nothing but breathe fire for 1d4 rounds and hurts someone, now then, who rolled a "1" for INT?
    Let's rise the ante. Some kids, that manages to get ahold of 10 gp, a value worth of 2 weeks of hard work in a family with at least 2 adults, and 2 teens at half-time work age...
    http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=719384

"Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Does the Caramilk Cannon require an attack roll? If so, it becomes an excellent concealed weapon for sneak attack (of course, so does any stupidly weak light weapon).

22. - Top - End - #22

I'll work on the taffy in a couple of days, anynne got othes ideas?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

In the rules for your Bubble Gum of Doom: You said "square feet", but it should be "cubic feet", since a bubble is a three dimensional thingy.

Also, maybe something Licorice that lets you spit out an inky black cloud, with Darkness as an area effect?

OR:

Cola:
    Drinking this fizzy drink has the mechanical effect of Cure Minor Wouds and cures fatigue.

Pop Rocks:
    Putting these in your mouth cause them to pop on contact with your saliva. Opening your mouth causes a 15 ft cone that deals 1d4 sonic damage.

Synergy BONUS!!!!
    Dumping a bag of Pop Rocks into a bottle of Cola causes a massive explosion, after a small gestation period. (Yeah...gestation...I said it.) Combining them is part of a move action, and throwing is a standard action. It acts as a splash weapon (with normal thrown splash weapon rules) that deal 1d4 sonic and 1d4 force damage, and 1 point sonic & 1 point force damage to anything within 5 feet

P.S.-AWESOME IDEA! I'm very tempted to have an evil chocolatier in my campaign. BWAHAHAHAHA, Children.
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

24. - Top - End - #24

In the spirit of blatant idea theavery I've added cola, pop rocks and taffy to the list.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    That's good! And the candy isn't going to be detected as poison or anything dangerous at all by any means, it's just a very sticky gum!
    Thanks Yup, the trick here is that the candy itself is not directly dangerous, but can provide a fatal distraction at dangerous times.

Yay! My candy was added to the "official" list

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jayngfet, the laffy taffy causes the person to speak incoherently so how about they cant cast spells with vocal components?
    You have just received the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jayngfet, the laffy taffy causes the person to speak incoherently so how about they cant cast spells with vocal components?
    You have just received the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Raging_Pacifist View Post
    Whoops, fixed and edited a bit, and its unable to laffy taffy

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

how about a water breathing gum like idk watermint or something i suck at names.

and maybe a gum where when you chew it you can shoot winds out your mouth like aero something or other.

you can do the details im working on a class right now but i needed a break after i finish it ill make you a specialist in this if you want, it would be a prc though.
    ..."With My hilt to the heavens I honor you, with my chalice held high I toast you, on one knee we mourn you.

Ernest Gary Gygax (July 27, 1939-March 4, 2008)

May your rolls be high, and your loot amazing. and your taverns plentiful.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

30. - Top - End - #30

Added the aero, I'm working on a new candy for bloodsuckers(better than the spell it's based off)