New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1502

Thread: [Nexus] GloG 70

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GloG 70

Cauliflower is totally Zee's name for the lich. Maggy stole it from her.

[Cabin 8]

Kalis blinks.

That...

That isn't quite what he was expecting.

He knew they would be a woman. But he was sure he would find someone in priestly vestments. Or maybe glinting golden armor forged in the divine foundries of heaven itself. Instead he gets some smug woman wearing a bathrobe.

It takes him a second or two to recover from the surprise.

"I... eerr... Yes, my lady," he replies in a respectful tone. Of course you would have to be respectful to an emissary of the gods! To think otherwise is just foolishness. "I have a problem I was hoping you might be able to help me with."

He'll then recount his story as well as his misadventures in the Nexus thus far.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-04-19 at 08:53 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside]

With all this talk about divinity and stuff, someone may notice the two half-angels floating around the camp. Or not, you never know. Crae is floating around upside down, as usual, but now he has the addition of little Saera sitting on his feet! The little five-year old wizard in-training chatting happily with her "uncle" Crae. There's no way having him as a role model will cause her any problems in the future.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Cabin 8

Shrike listens intently to Kalis' story. And then the exotic redhead smiles at the young man!
    "Well, based on your story, you don't have to worry about your soul having been eaten by a demon." She steps out, berobed, and chuckles softly. "It sounds like you've become one of the Exalted, like myself."

dun Dun DUN!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira looks out. "Huh? Who's Exalted? Apart from us."

Kalis will probably notice the fox ears and tail.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1475

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [Outside]

With all this talk about divinity and stuff, someone may notice the two half-angels floating around the camp. Or not, you never know. Crae is floating around upside down, as usual, but now he has the addition of little Saera sitting on his feet! The little five-year old wizard in-training chatting happily with her "uncle" Crae. There's no way having him as a role model will cause her any problems in the future.
    The two half-angels might spot Sol, and he certainly spots them. In fact, he hides behind one of the cabins, although it's probably to late to avoid being seen.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #1476

[Cabin 8]

Kalis stares at the woman blankly for several seconds. Then shakes his head.

"With... with all due respect my lady that doesn't make any sense at all. Everyone knows the stories about the demons that stole light from the heavens. Everyone knows how they were cursed to have no will of their own and how they need to find mortals to steal bodies from. I mean... my mother used to scare me with stories about how they would come and gobble me up if I didn't go to the temple regularly."

Yay, boogie men!

"If these... if these demons were really some kind of divine gift then I'm sure the gods would have told someone about it. But I've never heard anything like that before ever."

He doesn't sound convinced. The fact that he went on a berserk rampage probably helped to support this view.

"We're probably not even from the same world if what I've heard about this Nexus place... is..."
    he trails off as the fox-eared woman shows up. Yes. He's staring at her ears. Kalis points at them and begins with, "Do you... uuhh... did you know you have...?"

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

Cabin 8

"Oh, dear, where are my manners. This is Zamira Blessed-Fox, and I am Shrike of Swiftly Striking Talons. And...your stories sound like those told by the Immaculate Order, carred to their logical conclusion of a long period of time." Shrike frowns. "And your name is?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Harnel's eyebrows go up when Shrike mentions Kalis is probably exalted. Well, it seems he was right to bring the boy here.

((deadtime. Rebo can godmode me for the purpose of following along and stuff))
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The two half-angels might spot Sol, and he certainly spots them. In fact, he hides behind one of the cabins, although it's probably to late to avoid being seen.
    Well, it's a five year old girl and Crae, so Crae of course spots him, and then doesn't do much of anything when he sees him hide, and Saera doesn't notice him at all. Hiding people usually have a reason to hide, at least Crae thinks so, so Crae will leave him be. Although, he is hiding next to a very fancy looking bush, and bushes are usually great conversationalists, so Crae will begin talking to the bush! "Why hello there! How are things for the arboreal types these days?" Crae asks, causing Saera to start giggling.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

10. - Top - End - #1480

[Cabin 8]

Kalis has no idea who or what the Immaculate Order is!

"I have no idea who or what the Immaculate Order is..."

See?

Told you!

"And I'm... Kalis... I lost my family name when my father disowned me for being a demon..." ouch... That's no fun at all.

Aside from the holes in their story big enough to fly an airship through Kalis has another pretty good reason for not believing that the demon that possessed him being a divine gift. An emotional one.

If he really isn't demon possessed that means he was run out of his village for nothing.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

Cabin 8

Shrike frowns.
    FROWNS.

"At least they didn't burn down your house around your ears with your sister and parents trapped inside," she says with a combination cold, and sad, tone in her voice. "And if you don't know about the Immaculates, you're either another Rogue Exalt like me, or your Creation is different. Can you come inside?" she asks.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Get some rest, I guess. We could go do something later. I'd like that.
    [Infirmary]

"All right then. I'll leave you to get some rest. In the meantime, I'll be in Cabin 8, Room D if you need me." Skeppio leaves the infirmary and makes his way to Cabin 8.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-04-19 at 09:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483

[Cabin 8]

That's quite the frown.

And Kalis really isn't sure what to make of the whole house-burning thing. As far as he's concerned dying with his family without losing his honor would probably be better than the situation he's in right now. What with his soul being eaten and all.

Regardless, he goes inside.

"My creation?" distinct lack of capitalization. "I'm... not sure what you mean by that."

Obviously the planet he's from has a name instead of a title. What kind of lame name is 'Creation' anyway?

"And I'm still pretty skeptical about us having... anything in common, really. You still haven't explained why the gods wouldn't just tell someone that this is supposed to be a gift instead of a demonic parasite trying to drive me toward mindless acts of evil."

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

Cabin 8

Ah, but she never said anything about dying with them...

"Well, that's something that concerns me as well, although most of your story seems to fit nicely. And by 'your Creation' I mean the world that you come from. Perhaps the gods in your world became more wrapped up in the Games of Divinity and simply no longer notice the process of Exaltation. Or perhaps the gods responsible are dead?" She shrugs. "Alternativly you could be like me and a rogue Exaltation sneaked out to your world and found you. Lytek would go bananas though."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1485

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Well, it's a five year old girl and Crae, so Crae of course spots him, and then doesn't do much of anything when he sees him hide, and Saera doesn't notice him at all. Hiding people usually have a reason to hide, at least Crae thinks so, so Crae will leave him be. Although, he is hiding next to a very fancy looking bush, and bushes are usually great conversationalists, so Crae will begin talking to the bush! "Why hello there! How are things for the arboreal types these days?" Crae asks, causing Saera to start giggling.
    Sol, well, he's freaked out pretty bad right now, mainly because Crae looks like an angel. In his world, seeing an angel was generally regarded as a bad thing, and usually ended with the unfortunate person being tortured eternally. And when Sol gets freaked out, things around him have a habit of igniting. In this case, the unfortunate bush Crae was talking to explodes into flames.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-04-19 at 09:59 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    CS

"Don't know, don't care, but I bought a couple of proton packs and if he comes back I won't hesitate to cross the streams on him, no matter what form he's in," Quinn says coldly. And with a deep hurt in her eyes.
    You don't... Toby stares at her. Was she really just going to wait until he came back and then try to blow up the world to stop him? Women. Right. Well. If things come to that, you just... feel free to be all... unreasonable and over-reactive. I'll just... talk to Reinholdt or Wenomir about those pesky details.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2011-04-19 at 10:05 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

CS

And that earns Tobias a punch in the shoulder from a laughing Quinn.
    "I'd tell you you'd have to sleep on the couch for calling me unreasonable but we both know I'd never do it. I'll have you know though that that would be the last resort...I'm kind of stumped for what the first one should be though," she admits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1488

[Cabin 8]

Kalis blinks when Shrike explains what she meant. "Oh... umm... The world I'm from is called Urets. And I'm pretty sure Elune isn't dead. If she were then who would pull the moon across the sky?"

Some kind of crazy impersonal force?

Ha! As if!

"And I really doubt that the gods would be so busy with some kind of silly game that they wouldn't have the time to inform anyone that the insane tyrant with god-like power grinding a whole region of the world into the dirt is actually just a misunderstood champion of justice and piousness."

Wow!

That was quite the dead-pan snark!

It sounds like he's describing someone, too.

"You know what? Maybe it'll be helpful if I just show you,"
    Kalis suddenly concludes before gritting his teeth as his eyes blaze into pools of silver flame. A disk-halo resolves into view behind his head as a silver-white aura ignites around him. And then he transforms rather violently!

Kalis has assumed MOON BEAST form! The FULL MOON resonates with Kalis' BRILLIANCE AURA! Kalis' MOXIE increases by 2!

There's now a ten foot tall humanoid monster standing in the cabin that looks like a cross between a puma and a predatory lizard with a mess of porcupine quills thrown in for kicks and giggles. Scales and spines and plates and fur. Bone white and ringed in deepest ebony.

The MOON BEAST's BRILLIANCE AURA warps and twists and contorts until it resolves into a horrible hungering phantasmal terror, like a surreal nightmare version of Kalis' mutated body. Ethereal chains and manacles and bands shackle the apparition to Kalis lest it escape and wreak untold destruction.

With a snarl the phantom snaps and claws at Shrike before giving a low growl of frustration and rage. It has no substance to inflict any harm and that seems to serve only to drive it ever deeper into a spiraling abyss of hate and hunger.

"Now tell me,"
    the MOON BEAST growls in a throaty voice. "Do I look like any kind of champion of righteousness to you?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-04-19 at 10:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1489

Toby continues looking at his loving wife like she's a bit of a raving nut. Well, for starters, maybe we could think about what Caliginous specifically wants and how he's really going about it. Y'know. What I was just doing.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Troll in the Playground

Construction Site

And that makes the raving nut into peanut butter!
    Or at least makes her stop and, y'know, think.
    "...oh. I...guess you do have a point there," she says sheepishly. "I'd assume though that he wants what he's always wanted: destroy the world. And to do that he needs a new body."

Quinn doesn't know about the *spooky finger-wiggle* Red Mist.

Cabin 8

"...score one for the Rogue Exalt Theory. And your doubts actually don't hold water. Poor Venus hasn't stopped playing the Games even to sleep wince the Usurpation..." Shrike shakes her head.

...but when Kalis transforms, she leaps back, standing...her caste mark suddenly shining as her own anima flares! Assumign the figure of a stooping bird of prey, claws outstretched! But, unlike his, it's not an animate anima.

"Woah. That is one freaky anima there - never seen anything like that before! But otherwise...yes, yes you do. Lunar Exalted, War Form!" Shrike declares.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1491

Right, so short term goal: new body: So why possess a vampire? All of the drawbacks to such a form would seem to indicate that it's a diversion... But what advantages might there be? Maybe... somehow spreading his Calisthenicness through a bite? A whole horde of the Callipygian buggers...

Wait, what was that last word?

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Troll in the Playground

CS

"Or maybe it's the only form he's able to inhabit right now?" Quinn muses, wrinkling her brow. "Seeing as they are technically (a) dead (b) intelligent and (c) corporeal...and, love? I think you've been hanging around your very proper British contractors too much."

Next thing you know he'll be taking afternoon tea.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-04-19 at 10:35 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1493

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    [Infirmary]

"All right then. I'll leave you to get some rest. In the meantime, I'll be in Cabin 8, Room D if you need me." Skeppio leaves the infirmary and makes his way to Cabin 8.
    Krystal nods to him. Alright. Thanks.

And she finds a comfortable seat, leans back, and closes her eyes. Just thinking calm thoughts and stuff.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #1494

[Cabin 8]

Seeing that it's unable to eat Shrike the chained demon decides to try to eat Zamira instead. This proves to be equally futile and results in a whole bunch of enraged snarling and flailing.

One of Kalis' eyes twitch a bit as the phantom begins whispering suggestions into his mind. It's power is depleted and these two lovely ladies both have a nice heart beating away just begging to be ripped from their chests.

Kalis does his best to ignore it.

"Anima...?"
    he replies with an incredulous snarl. "You have a pretty picture floating behind you. I have an incensed demon that is, even now, suggesting that I eat both of you alive. Does your 'anima' scream into your mind that you should be killing and devouring every person you meet? Or does it just sit there and look nifty?"

He doesn't seem to think they really understand what he's going through right now.

Oh.

And it's probably worth noting that he's missing one of the major calling cards of Exalted in general. Kalis has no cast mark.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Troll in the Playground

Cabin 8

"Well. That is different. The fact you're a Lunar without moonsilver tattoos may have something to do with that, though," Shrike points out, motioning to Zamira's form (and a lovely form it is). "Or it could simply be that Your Exaltations Are Different. Since you seem to be missing this, too." And Shrike points to her forehead where the circle of the Night Caste blazes!

At least she isn't still an Abyssal. In that case it'd be weeping blood.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1496

Proper? Naw, they're East Siders. Good lads. A bit daft, but they could be worse. Could be from Buckinghamshire. A note of bitterness creeps into his voice as he dwells on the thought before jumping back where he left off. Well wouldn't he just pick a lich? Vampires don't make any sense. He should go back to a well-liked, attractive nymph again or something similar. Easier to infiltrate.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Troll in the Playground

Construction Site

Noticing the bitterness, Quinn grants Toby another hug. From the side, arm around waist, her head on his shoulder.
    "There is a distinct lack of liches around here, while we're not exactly wanting for vampires," Quinn points out. "And if he wanted to infiltrate, I'd agree, but there aren't many nymphs that I know of. One's a ghost and another's back in Vulpania. Oh, and one at Watchtower."
    Quinn frowns, just a little, as she realises she needs to tell Toby about Ilpholin at some point. >_>

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1498

Well, everyone's on edge about liches these days; haven't seen any since, I don't think. And vampires are on their way out. Nobody trusts a nymph anymore... Catgirl slash boy? Mischievous yet lovable Kender? Ooh, I know: the small and adorable team mascot that can only say its name with varying inflections! Toby grins and puts his arm around Quinn's shoulders.

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Troll in the Playground

Even Destro the Friendly Lich has been scarce! D=

"Maybe we should force him into that last form. It would drive him nuts," Quinn says, giggling at the thought and relaxing. "Just as long as nobody sends foxes out of style."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1500

[Cabin 8]

Kalis has no idea what moonsilver tattoos are! Though he's willing to guess that they must be silver tattoos that have something to do with the moon. That seems pretty reasonable to him. Though of course there's exactly zero chance that he would know what they're for.

Probably because there's no such thing as a moonsilver tattoo on his world. Just like there's no such thing as an Exalted. Malevolent demons that snatch people bodies and drive them to horrible acts of evil and destruction? Sure. But champions of the sun, moon, and stars? Nope. Not a chance.

"You don't get it do you?" Kalis practically roars as rage and hate begin seeping into his voice. He steps forward, teeth bared as his bound companion mirrors his movements. "This has nothing to do with your world. Nothing to do with your so called blessing. Nothing to do with the Ardent Traitor you call a god. I'm not going to let you coerce me into believing that everything is just fine while a demon gnaws at my soul even as we speak!"

Rawr!

...wait...

Ardent Traitor?

What's that supposed to mean?