New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Oh lord its the pajama jeans commercial again!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah seemed easy once the letters came...but damn there were soooo many laughs in that episode

pinkie...just a second girls and goes gets a drink from a cloud before it goes away..loved it
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-24 at 08:53 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah seemed easy once the letters came...but damn there were soooo many laughs in that episode
    S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'll grant it that much... plenty of hilarious moments and the characters are as funny as ever, but Discord and the plot sucked.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'll grant it that much... plenty of hilarious moments and the characters are as funny as ever, but Discord and the plot sucked.

I was going to write a review...... But that summarizes it in fewer words with more accuracy then I could ever hope to express.

Am I the only one who now wants to see an episode that's just Pinkie Vs Discord?
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

So what I had to do this morning fell through, so I actually had time to watch a livestream. Unfortunately, the livestream I got onto was terrible, so I'm going to have to watch it on youtube or something when it comes to get the full effect. Ergo, these are only preliminary thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first fifteen minutes or so were some of the funniest in the series so far. The VOs were clearly relishing their "opposite" roles, and the visual gags were great. Spike being forced into being Rainbow Dash was hysterical.

I...actually didn't have a problem with Twilight saving her friends, or Discord's end. With Twilight, it still got across what saved her, that she (rather forcibly) reminded them about their friendship and what they meant to each other. And you know what? Twilight uses magic so rarely to solve big problems that it was kind of nice to see her solve a problem using magic!

As for Discord...honestly, it makes total sense to me why he was sitting there and not doing anything, not realizing he was doomed until it was too late. He's bored. Here's a bunch of ponies who are trying the same trick, again, on him. How dull! How disappointing! Why couldn't they do something new? This is hardly a good game at all.

Discord isn't a master planning villain, he's chaos personified.

It's only when the rainbow o'doom starts coming when he notices the differences between this time and last time, and at that point, it was far too late.

So, yeah, I thought it was fitting.

Star Wars ending was cheesy, but then, it is a show for children. Plus, it's nice to know that they actually do get recognized for their antics.

I predict so many bronies being upset Luna was not there.

All in all, I really liked this episode. A lot.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-09-24 at 09:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, that was fast (Season 2):

Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see your point and its not terribly unfair. Not enough time seems to be the explanation. 44 minutes is a not a lot of time. At the same time a three part season opener? Nah

I don't think its that much more rushed then the first season opener which barely features NMM who's a very standard villain. I think this time around we are simply hungry for more.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey, let's get some HOME GROWN CONTENT to break up these SPOILAH BOXES

Druid Droid, happy birthday, here's the picture. I think I overdetailed, and I gave up on the gears and - WAIT

* Makes tiny change*

- INFINITE IMPROVEMENT - anyway, it was an experiment in character design. BUT I think it worked out as 'pretty cool'.

This guy needs a name!

Happy birthday!

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

At Bronycon. No new episode til 12. Eating Baked Bads for breakfast.

Bronycon name is Grills by the way.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Read through this, have a few things. Note: some of this might be the fact that, with the exception of an hour and a half nap, I've been up for...26 hours now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler
    Show

Um, what?

I know what you are saying, but it just reads to me that they are requesting the court, but not why or what they are doing there. You might want to slip in a word or two there, like "petitioners came to the court to request judgment on their grievances." or something like that.

Hundreds?

The comma between “balcony” and “and” feels unnecessary. It separates the sentence into three separate thoughts.

Finally having a moment to herself

She strode on to her balcony

And looked out on Equestria

Finally, having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony and looked out on Equestria.

The last two thoughts go together, and thus do not really need that comma there. Only the first thought is really separate from the rest.

The comma between “Canterlot” and “and” is unnecessary. It just works to separate thoughts that are together.

To see it done right, the very next sentence has an example:

The first two go together, and aren’t part of a grocery list, while the second party is a completely different thought connected onto it.

This one reads weird to me. Just by interjecting with the dialogue, the stream is interrupted already, which brings that sense to the reader. Also, saying that Luna’s thoughts were interrupted after already showing us is a bit redundant. I’m trying to think of a way to make it work a bit better….

That is my take on it at least. Hope it helps.

Opinions:
    Spoiler
    Show

As per norm, I am enjoying the story aspects quite a bit. Take or leave this advice as you like, and double check to make sure I'm not the one screwing up here. I'm liking where this story is going, and cannot wait to see it end.

And to close this post, as a note to myself for when I start playing catchup in the morning: I left off at Esper's post that had "excerpt 3" on it.
    Your editing suggestions have been noted, and several will be implemented when I come out with Excerpt 4, simply because I thought they were pretty awkward myself, but it was getting late and I really needed to start heading to bed when I posted it, so my brain wasn't working properly.

So, yes. Thank you!

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hey, let's get some HOME GROWN CONTENT to break up these SPOILAH BOXES

Druid Droid, happy birthday, here's the picture. I think I overdetailed, and I gave up on the gears and - WAIT

* Makes tiny change*

- INFINITE IMPROVEMENT - anyway, it was an experiment in character design. BUT I think it worked out as 'pretty cool'.

This guy needs a name!

Happy birthday!

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that really home grown? He doesn't look very organic...

So, what madness spawned this?
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-09-24 at 09:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, on S2

Spoiler
    Show
    While the ending was rather cheesy, as a whole I loved this opener. At least half of the things Flutterjerk said is going to inspire fanart, and Pinki Pie was very funny as always.
    Now, for those who dislike the rushed ending: this is a kids show, made for kids. If the ending was a bit weak (which it was, honastly), than remember this: somewhere out there, there are little girls who just loved it. And thats all that realy matters in the end to the producers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Barbarian in the Playground

I saw it! I saw it and I can totally talk about it now!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This episode felt. Iffy. On one hand, the jokes were awesome. Discord is sight gag gold. I absolutely love Cruelershy. Twilight's path towards being discorded actually does make me think Discord is a half decent manipulator. I loved seeing Twilight slowly lose it with her friends. Getting Rainbow Dash back was also a cool sequence. The season one letters make sense as a plot point.
    On the other hand, THE ENDING. I expected a big rainbow of solve everything, but I didn't expect Discord to just sit there like that. What about one last ditch effort to discord them. Tell them how worthless their elements are. Don't just sit there and act like nothing's changed. You changed their personalites for a reason, Dangit! If their acting like their old selves that's a bad sign! Total villain ball moment, Discord!
    Overall, I liked it though.
    P.S. Crueler shy is now best pony

14. - Top - End - #1154

Video issues during the PMV contest means we get to watch episode 2 early, yay!
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #1155

S2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not as good as episode one, mostly because Discord didn't even try to do something about the Element Blast. I mean, seriously, just "No. No!". Not even a final joke or anything. Kinda dissapointing.

Also, we just know that noone's going to acknowledge this ever happened. With any luck there won't be references to it so at least it'll be consistent.

But, basically, a decent episode that I may well appreciate more later. Just kind of irritated by Discord being not just stupid but static. Personification of chaos knows he's about to be finished and doesn't do anything. I really expected at least some kind of last words.

Also, no more Discord is sad, but understandable.

Bleh, it's just overshadowed by the first episode. I'm sure the rest of the season will be great.

Basically echoing what's already been said.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    S2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not as good as episode one, mostly because Discord didn't even try to do something about the Element Blast. I mean, seriously, just "No. No!". Not even a final joke or anything. Kinda dissapointing.

Also, we just know that noone's going to acknowledge this ever happened. With any luck there won't be references to it so at least it'll be consistent.

But, basically, a decent episode that I may well appreciate more later. Just kind of irritated by Discord being not just stupid but static. Personification of chaos knows he's about to be finished and doesn't do anything. I really expected at least some kind of last words.

Also, no more Discord is sad, but understandable.

Bleh, it's just overshadowed by the first episode. I'm sure the rest of the season will be great.

Basically echoing what's already been said.
    S2
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually that's a point I had forgotten. After seeing him in an obviously singing pose the first time he was turned to stone, I was hoping to find out why he was in that pose. Was he taunting Celestia and Luna when they blasted him? Did he just decide to go out with a song? I had hoped they would have him do something similar when Twilight beat him, but he didn't.

Also how long do you guys think it'll be before fanart shows up of Scootaloo with the new Rainbow Dash.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have admit I was expecting the fight to go like this:

Discord pulls all the Mane 6 sans Twilight towards him. She teleports into the middle of them.

NOW!

Point Blank Friendship Blast to Discord's face!

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #1158

Season Two: as I watch it

Spoiler
    Show

Kung-Fu Rarity
    Good boy Angel! Momma's so proud! YOUR FACE
    So much slapstick. Hey look it's proof that the vision was out of context.
    "Or not" *ballerina pose* *teleport* Oh, disQord.

Hepburn Rarity voice works sooo well with Tom.
    Don't mess with Twilight's books.
    Spikebow Dash bit tee hee.

Oh Celestia, you've got the plans
    Twilight is backdrop master.
    Ze powa of ze flashbacks

The internet... you're going to do flutterbondage now aren't you.

Exploding milk is best disQord
    PINKIE IS BEST PONY

I most enjoyed the episode
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Season 2

Spoiler
    Show
    I totally freaking loved this episode.

Why you guys all hatin' on Discord? He's just so... I mean, c'mon! What were you expecting that made his actions so lame? If he had ran away from the battle at the end, then the entire show would of been: We're chasing Discord around the world! And I'm sure everyone would of totally been ok with that, but still.

Also the entire episode was hilarious.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-09-24 at 11:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Anybody else entertained by the fact that the Elements of Harmony were LITERALLY in the place where the entire series first began - the Book of Harmony that was read in the very opening of the first episode? I seriously did not expect it to be literally in the very first thing we saw in MLP FiM.

That said, it did come off as somewhat rushed - it felt like they took a script for an MLP movie and condensed it into a two episode opener for the season. All said and done, I loved it, but -(Rolled up newspaper)- Bad Ponies! No cookie! No immitating Star Wars! Bad!

Besides, Family Guy did that scene better. >.>

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Season 2: Somewhat relevant to discussion this week! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show
    The episode itself had things that made me actually laugh. Now none of you have actually seen me watch shows like this, but I rarely do that. Smile amusedly, perhaps chuckle on the inside, but straight up laugh? That doesn't happen often. The comedy in this one was great.

"Oh look! The elements were right here!"
    -Bull. Honkey. I know I'm being critical of a kid's show, but I felt like that riddle was too good for a simple "Oh it's just back at the treehouse". I can see the argument for "Oh, it's just Discord being Discord", but a rushed plot is a rushed plot.

*star wars ending*
    -I caught the reference immediately, and it brought my soul great joy.

*memory spell*
    -You have no idea how much better that made the color regain-ification bit for me. That actually makes a lot of sense.

*the hot air balloon chase scene*
    -Pure, genuine, take-it-to-the-bank-because-it's-not-Tom, gold.

OPINION:
    I'll repeat what I told another playgrounder prior to watching part 2: This two-parter likely had enough material for 2.5 shows. Not quite enough to hold our interest for a trilogy, but too much to comfortably fit in two episodes. After seeing part 2, I think my opinion still holds. They could have done away with the memory spell, and had Twilight talk their Elements back into them, and I suppose they could have spent more time actually looking for the Elements, but altogether, I think a trilogy would not have worked. Not enough logical breakpoints, and the whole thing would feel rather slow-paced.

I also think we over-speculated and got our hopes up for something that a show aimed at very young girls could never deliver.

With that being said, there was enough good in this episode (and episodes like this tend to grow on me) to outweigh my gripes. I enjoyed it.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The internet... you're going to do flutterbondage now aren't you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Waaaay ahead on that one

And the slightly more explicit version

Man that was a while ago (my art sure has improved), but the first one's still one of my most popular works on dA for some reason.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    A little abrupt at the end, I'd like to have seen Discord be something other than a pure villain.

Awesome gags and lines, I loved the buffalo ballerinas and the exploding milk.

Does anyone else think it would have been better if we saw the flashbacks for all of them, and not just Applejack?
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-09-24 at 11:15 AM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

*Kicks down oppressive wall of S2 spoiler tags*

This...this thing...

I may have found the greatest thing.

See for yourself.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A little abrupt at the end, I'd like to have seen Discord be something other than a pure villain.

Awesome gags and lines, I loved the buffalo ballerinas and the exploding milk.

Does anyone else think it would have been better if we saw the flashbacks for all of them, and not just Applejack?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of loved Discord just being a pure villain. He was funny.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jayson Theissen Q&A

Spoiler
    Show

Equestria most likely has borders
    May be a specific Derpy bit eventually
    There will be more male ponies
    The episode where CMC get cutiemarks not designed or thought up yet
    more 2 part episodes
    Applejack's hat is either felt or 1s&0s
    There will be a SCARY episode
    NO dying
    Hasbro added Twilight's ballon
    No plans for seaponies
    For show accurate toys you need to BUY MORE PONIES!
    Relationship issues will show up. No divorces.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-09-24 at 11:20 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    May be a specific Derpy bit eventually
    I think Derpy has started infecting other ponies. Episode 4 of Season 1 is a good example.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168

Season Two:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well for one, if disQord wasn't able to mind-break them in the maze, the elements would have been in the Everfree Forest, behind another wall of-

Oh who am I kidding, somepony already tried that one. I'm sure I could have spun that into some other place of chaos.

Heroes summon the strength of will to break your master plan? *pour some milk*

They possess artifacts that mean you can't touch them? *drink glass, leave milk*

About to taste the rainbow? *throw milk, have it explode* Go out like a pimp.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #1169

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    yes
    Well then, I know what I'm doing with my time today.

As for opinions after watching the second episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, it felt rushed, perhaps moreso than the first episode. At least the rushed part in the first was to introduce all the characters.

I am disappointed that the CMC didn't play a more pivotal role with recovering everybody; I would have thought that Applebloom and Sweetie Belle would at least help to snap their sisters out of it. Then again, everything was pretty bad by that point in time.

The unicorn ex machina felt a bit cheap; having to recover everypony's element rather than just cast a spell would have worked better. Still, it looked like they were pressed for time, given that they started with only ~8 minutes of the episode. At least they played around with it a bit. Poor rejected Tom.

I'm a bit disapponted with Discord's ending. He proved such an interesting and effective badguy in the first episode and first half of the second. I'm sorry to see him just sit there and ask the main cast to fire off their friendship, as opposed to doing something or just ignoring them ("We already did this, didn't we? I'm busy, so if you want to try again, keep up!").

I will be very surprised if they do NOT start selling toys with element-necklaces, especially with how much Lucky Charms they were throwing around at the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So how much fresh fanon have we trampled already?
    Season 2 episode 2 spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've disproved the popular fanon of the Elements of Harmony being secret to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So let's see
    S2Ep2
    Spoiler
    Show
    And poor Luna is now more forgotten than ever. She had NMM taken off that window and replaced with Discord. Poor Luna.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was under the impression that that was a different window. Then again, that does bring up another question: If there is a stained-glass window depicting Nightmare Moon, does that mean some ponies visiting the royal court are under the impression that she is still evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, on S2

Spoiler
    Show
    While the ending was rather cheesy, as a whole I loved this opener. At least half of the things Flutterjerk said is going to inspire fanart, and Pinki Pie was very funny as always.
    Now, for those who dislike the rushed ending: this is a kids show, made for kids. If the ending was a bit weak (which it was, honastly), than remember this: somewhere out there, there are little girls who just loved it. And thats all that realy matters in the end to the producers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My complaint isn't that the ending was weak as much as it could have been better. Discord could have had any reason to sit there beyond "Hurry up, I'm busy." Still, not bad with the time they had available.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    I saw it! I saw it and I can totally talk about it now!
    Spoiler
    Show
    P.S. Crueler shy is now best pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't really like Cruelershy. Although that nickname makes me think Crullershy whenever I see it.

I don't suppose we would get some fanart of Fluttershy with her mane done up like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

And already the gifs and pics flow in!

S2:

Spoiler
    Show