New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,496 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Updating this, for certain values of update.

Masaru: Mid-fight, probably making Kazuma's eyes widen a bit at the very least.
    Yoshi: Waiting for Terry's response (you had to wait a couple days for mine, I can be patient).
    Kaito: Waiting for any other responses at meeting before we move forward.
    Josiah: SCIENCE! Otherwise, free for someone to drop in.
    Vicente: SCIENCE! Otherwise, free for someone to drop in. Still waiting on Kayne and Riccaru to move their scene along.
    Cackling Oni: Wouldn't you like to know?
    Endo Shin: Not actually active yet. I need to finalize him and put him in the registry...

I will note it would be nice if someone, be it Draken or another 12th player, could respond in SS to what Terry and I are doing.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nothing much to go on, so I'm Skyrim-ming.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Orc in the Playground

Waiting on responses to my characters, and in the meantime, Dark Soul-ing, which is markedly better.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

I have loaned my copy of Skyrim to a friend who would have otherwise been unable to use the internet. It makes sense, trust me. Meanwhile I am NaNoWriMoing.

Since none of us are doing anything, I feel we should be putting our heads together and designing some kind of plot to involve some less active characters.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

We need a name for the next thread.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thread 19: We Don't Post When We're Skyriming.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thread 19: Still Alive and Posting!

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Orc in the Playground

Thread 19: Now with MORE HOT BLOOD!
    Thread 19: Damn, we ran out of memes.
    Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!
    Thread 19: Just two more and the game can get drunk!
    Thread 19: It's all a secret.
    Thread 19: The kid version has Ponies of the Apocalypse.
    Thread 19: It slices! It dices! It Bankais!
    Thread 19: WWWWWWWRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Thread 19: Oraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraora!
    Thread 19: Kon's Bizarre Adventure
    Thread 19: No Need For Tite Kubo!
    Thread 19: The new and improved Bleach.
    Thread 19: Butterflaizen got bug-sprayed in this one.
    Thread 19: Because we can't play Skyrim or Dark Souls all day.
    Thread 19: Secretly using Binary Code.
    Thread 19: Because Mad Science is not for the faint of heart.
    Thread 19: We're like the Shinsengumi with magical swords.
    Thread 19: When Heavens Divide
    Thread 19: The answer is always here.
    Thread 19: Do the impossible! See the invisible!

That should be more than enough titles for the upcoming OOC threads, although one of them is usable only once.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Waiting on responses to my characters.
    I'm waiting for your response, in the case you somehow missed that.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!
    This one.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm waiting for your response, in the case you somehow missed that.
    Pretty sure I responded to that... I'll check later, got an event to go to now.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Pixie in the Playground

hey all...i am going to try to get back into posting a little this week...

if i am needed or wanted for anything let me know

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Since none of us are doing anything, I feel we should be putting our heads together and designing some kind of plot to involve some less active characters.
    This seems a good idea, I'm in if you can use a relative newbie or cannon fodder!

On another note, those are some neat titles, Kuroimaken. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone feel like designing/running a Big Bad who hires Armin to assassinate Character X who then tries to discover why they were targeted?

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Orc in the Playground

Hm. Sounds like fun.

We COULD use someone already stablished, though...

Say, Sucrose. How do you feel about using Qing Fu to send Armin after Kazuma? =3

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Orc in the Playground

Anyone feel like designing/running a Big Bad who hires Armin to assassinate Character X who then tries to discover why they were targeted?
    Don't we kind of already have something like that prepared? Sure, Armin's goal wasn't to actually assassinate Masaru, but...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

As far as I know Masaru hasn't actually been investigating why he was the target. Even if he has, it doesn't involve any characters that aren't or don't plan to be doing anything except I guess whoever hired them (Was it Agent 00?).

I'd rather not have Kazuma involved because he's already going to be doing so much stuff, it doesn't get anyone who isn't doing anything doing anything.

Honestly, Armin's whole purpose is to just randomly create intrigue-related plots when we need to get some characters doing something. I mean, he doesn't do anything otherwise and I have no plans for him to "develop as a character." Unless someone wants to befriend him or something.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-11-14 at 11:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough!

Replace "Kazuma" with "Shishiou".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Pixie in the Playground

tgva:
    I had thought about using my human spiritually aware (maybe fullbring?) photographer character as a target for a faceless party unbeknownst to him. He has been able to see spirits, but now has a camera which can take photos of them (which can be seen in the mortal world by non spiritually aware mortals...who might or might not believe they are real of course).

My point being, perhaps he takes some of these photos and some tabloid or newspaper, or TV news, or maybe just an art collector, or whoever really. Stumbles on them and sees them as a major problem for "common" folk, and tries to squelch my character.

It might give him an opportunity to discover an ability (i was thinking some kind of soul cage or capture of souls (spiritual beings or something...the basic idea paralleling the old concept that photographs can steal your soul) this ability never being able to be made come true until he got this camera for some reason.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't be enough to stop an assassin i would think (especially at this point). But maybe it would be enough to slow them down, or maybe not even discover it yet, and just have someone else (who wants to RP) step in and try to save Izanagi (my character). Maybe they could see the potential in Izanagi, and they could form some kind of Urahara/Ichigo type of training relationship.

So, basically, A shadow organization (or maybe even SS?) doesn't want the truth about spiritual happenings to be known to the mortals at large, and tries to squelch it. Someone else defends my character, who is innocent of any known wrongdoing, from the ramifications. New friendship is formed, training commences, potential future and rising altercations come forward as characters choose sides. Lots of potential, I think. Personal beliefs may get in the way of friendships and allegiances.

Small spark leading to grand endings always is nice in stories right?

I dunno. Just a thought. If you or anyone else is not interested, no big deal.

(PS...this is similar to a future plot i am writing in a Bleach fanfiction, but it in no way is limited by that writing, i just bring it up to be honest, that it isnt just off the top of my head)

As far as I know Masaru hasn't actually been investigating why he was the target. Even if he has, it doesn't involve any characters that aren't or don't plan to be doing anything except I guess whoever hired them (Was it Agent 00?).

I'd rather not have Kazuma involved because he's already going to be doing so much stuff, it doesn't get anyone who isn't doing anything doing anything.

Honestly, Armin's whole purpose is to just randomly create intrigue-related plots when we need to get some characters doing something. I mean, he doesn't do anything otherwise and I have no plans for him to "develop as a character." Unless someone wants to befriend him or something.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

That works for me, if anyone's playing a character suitable to step in and stop the assassination attempt.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    It might give him an opportunity to discover an ability (i was thinking some kind of soul cage or capture of souls (spiritual beings or something...the basic idea paralleling the old concept that photographs can steal your soul) this ability never being able to be made come true until he got this camera for some reason.
    I still don't really like this ability, to be honest. It's very binary, which is a hard thing to do in RP. Either it works, or it doesn't. What's the limit on the souls captured? Hollow? Menos? Vice-Captain level? Captain Level? How many can he capture at one time?

There are a lot of variables I haven't seen addressed.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm with berry on this about the binary nature of the power.

Also,someone with the whole first post stuff, please make the new thread?

My vote was for "Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!" and it hasn't been counter-voted.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Pixie in the Playground

BERRY, KNIGHT...yes it is binary to some degree...i get that...but isnt there some show where Kekeishi? or something... and he puts boxes around demons or something to destroy them?

it would be limited to his power level of course and training...maybe he could get people trapped..but they just tear right through the picture frame back into reality if they were powerful enough...

it doesnt have to be so binary really...maybe the length of time someone is trapped needs to be worked on...that is no problem for me...so feel free to give me recommendations...

TGVA...if you are interested in this PM me...and we can work out details on who is RPing etc.

also..i am not cool enough to start an OOC thread so someone else should do it..

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I still don't really like this ability, to be honest. It's very binary, which is a hard thing to do in RP. Either it works, or it doesn't. What's the limit on the souls captured? Hollow? Menos? Vice-Captain level? Captain Level? How many can he capture at one time?

There are a lot of variables I haven't seen addressed.

24. - Top - End - #1494

Hiro, it doesn't matter about what show they do it. What we're saying is that a fight against him goes one way or the other.

Way one: He captures you.
    Way two: He doesn't.

Compare this to everyone else, whose powers, while dangerous, are avoidable. Even though Taiki's sword is invisible, it's still blockable. Here we don't have "If X is avoided, okay. Character tries to Y." Here we have "X is an unavoidable, unblockable technique and you can maybe break out once X has been successful." Even Von Geister doesn't have any penultimate ability that is unblockable. The Commander General has no unblockable abilities, and your camera is unblockable. That is a problem. Your camera could theoretically capture both VG and the CG with no trouble. Hell, I don't even care if the power is limited to "Below Fourth Seat". If you can capture every character with below a fourth seat level of power your camera is too powerful, especially for a mortal character, when the Mortal World is a low power zone. You need either a different Fullbring to run (EG: one that isn't filled with unblockability), or a very, very strict set of rules for the camera.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-11-15 at 04:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    BERRY, KNIGHT...yes it is binary to some degree...i get that...but isnt there some show where Kekeishi? or something... and he puts boxes around demons or something to destroy them?
    I'm sorry, but that is not a valid defense.

That is a completely different ability, one. And a completely different setting, two. Finally, that is a single-writer-story, not an RP. There are things you can get away with in a story you write yourself that you cannot get away with in an RP, because there are several people involved. That is why binary abilities, abilities that either work or they don't (regardless of how long the duration is, that's what the ability in question does) are very hard and usually poor choices in RP. Either they always work, which is not fair to others, or they never work because people won't want their characters trapped from interaction, which is not fair to you.

That latter point also touches on another poor point of the ability. It removes a character from the RP, albeit temporarily.

These are the complaints that make me believe this is an extremely poor choice of an ability for the RP, and at the very least would always require you to check and make sure it would be okay which is not always practical.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #1496