New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

even after level 80 you can still earn xp, everytime you would get a level you instead get a skillpoint ^^

But anyhow if you complete all zones with all challenges you have about 90 or more then you can spend

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Daggerelementalist. Be a firebender.
    Hear hear! Firedaggers are too fun.

I really hope Anet put in a Captain Planet reference if you combo the abilities of four different types of Elementalists.. And.. Hm, what counts as Heart? Mesmers?

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    I really hope Anet put in a Captain Planet reference if you combo the abilities of four different types of Elementalists.. And.. Hm, what counts as Heart? Mesmers?
    No, no. The four elementalists lay down their combo fields - "Earth! Wind! Fire! Water!..." and then a warrior tears the heart out of a nearby enemy, and chucks it through the fields while yelling "...Heart!". It collects all of the surrounding power and becomes a ruinous comet of death.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's opinion of:

-the Warhorn while being used with Warrior

-the dual Axes while being used with Warrior

-the dual Swords with Warrior

-Greatsword with Warrior

? I find the Warhorn rather useless, while I like using the Swords, because of all the bleed damage... it's glorious. However, I also like jumping in and going wild with the Axes and Greatsword, so I want to know the opinions of the playgrounders with warriors.
    please note that incoherent posting is incoherent.
    -Kymme gets all the credit for my current avatar. ALL OF IT.-
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by OneCalledBlue; Genderbent Ithlikar

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

I go sword n board with my warrior. That extra armor is nice for tanking, especially with a Knight set.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #816

My warrior is(Note that I haven't goten past 20~ in PvE and a bit of sPvP, with no W3) sword and axe. I can get the sword bleeds and jumping, while still having the spinning. I didn't like the other combos.
    GS though I think is considered one of the better weapons in the game. Mostly because of 100blades and its 'bull rush + 2' approach, but I haven't actually looked at it out side of a PvP setting where I don't like it too much because either you invest your ultilities in keeping the person there or they walk out it because it's AoE is cone.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Just wanted to pass this along. It seems that the majority of the hacking has been due to repeat usage of passwords. Have not been able to find any one that had a individual email account, with a strong unique password that got hacked, but the Authentication might be useful for some.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lewis

As part of our ongoing commitment to security in Guild Wars 2, I am pleased to announce that we are making a mobile two-factor authentication solution available for beta testing, effective immediately.

Mobile two-factor authentication is an alternative means of securing your Guild Wars 2 account, and like e-mail authentication, is optional but strongly encouraged. Rather than sending you an e-mail when unauthorized login attempts occur, the game (or any of our online web sites) will prompt you for a six-digit number any time you log in to a Mobile Authenticator-protected account. Using a freely available app on three major smartphone platforms – iOS, Android, and Windows Phone – you can obtain the correct six-digit number unique to your account. These numbers change every 30 seconds and can only be used once; this ensures that without your mobile device, an attacker would not be able to compromise your Guild Wars 2 account.

Please be advised that this feature is currently in beta and we are actively working to get it up to our standards of quality. Use of this feature should be considered “at your own risk” until we have completed the beta phase. We have already identified two major improvements to the feature that we will complete before releasing this system for general use:

To increase security of your account, unlinking the Mobile Authenticator will require additional six-digit codes.

We will be introducing an option to “remember my current network” so that you will not have to authenticate every login from trusted environments.

Of course we will also be interested in your feedback on this feature, and will make sure to take into account your suggestions and opinions during final development.

Setting it Up:
    Steps will be associated with either [Computer] or [Mobile] for where the step is taking place.

[Computer] Navigate to https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security/totp and log in with your Guild Wars 2 credentials.
    - If you are redirected to the Security home page (https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security), be sure to add /totp back into the URL.
    [Computer] Identify the correct app for your mobile platform. Here are some suggestions:
    - Google Authenticator for iPhones and Android.
    - Windows Authenticator for Windows Phones.
    [Mobile] Download the application to your mobile device.
    [Computer] Click ‘Next’ on the Account Management page
    [Mobile] If your version of the Mobile Authenticator app has the ability to scan QR codes, use it to automatically scan the QR code displayed in Account Management [Computer] and skip to step #7.
    [Mobile] If your version of the Mobile Authenticator app does not have the ability scan QR codes, or that ability is not working with the QR code displayed, enter your credentials manually.
    - “Account Name” is the same as your Guild Wars Account Name.
    - “Key” is the secret code displayed in Account Management [Computer].
    - Select “Time Based” and not “Counter Based”
    - Select ‘Add’.
    [Computer] In the field below the QR code, enter the six-digit code now displayed from your Mobile Authenticator app [Mobile].
    Click ‘Next’.

For more information, please refer to this Knowledge Base article – http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app...tail/a_id/9238

Thank you in advance for your support, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this initiative.

- Mike Lewis
    Guild Wars 2 Security Coordinator

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have a phone, so I can't make use of it. I wish they'd work on getting rid of the stupid bots though.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    -the Warhorn while being used with Warrior
    The main purpose of the warhorn is team pvp, where its buff and debuff are very useful - last time I checked, a very common team pvp weaponset for a warrior was rifle + axe/warhorn. Other than that, it's usually better to have a different offhand or use a two-hander.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2012-10-11 at 04:53 PM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #820
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    I don't have a phone, so I can't make use of it. I wish they'd work on getting rid of the stupid bots though.
    Bots have bothered me less in GW2 than other games as I don't consider the gameplay to start at max level like in WoW or after you've accumulated a certain amount of ISK in Eve. It would be nice if they'd get rid of it but judging off the continued presence of bots in other games I bet its not really going to happen.

On the plus side, banning botting accounts is a huge win for ANet. They have no monthly fee and I assume bots have no use for the gem store so every repeat offender is more money in their pockets they can spend on adding content to the game.

11. - Top - End - #821

Arh, the sweet, sweet smell of a fresh character slot. Well worth the crafting materials I funneled into TP and then into gems.

Awesome:
    25 Asura Engineer
    21 Charr Warrior
    15 Sylvari Ranger

Not so awesome:
    14 Human Necromancer
    14 Norn Elementalist

Tried a Mesmer, but retired them at 15ish (really not enjoying the call until I got greatsword/staff, but still wasn't ideal)

So, what next?

edit: Bots
    I hate bots and report them whenever I see them. Given the one gold-selling in-game mail I have received, it would be much much cheaper to buy gold then convert that to Gems, as opposed to buying Gems directly from Arenanet. This drives up the Gem price, which is bad for people who want to trade legit in-game gold for Gems :(
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

12. - Top - End - #822
    Orc in the Playground

Man, I remember release. 1 Gold bought 400 gems.

Now 2 gold buys 450 :(

13. - Top - End - #823

Piken Square, EU. 2 gold would buy me 300 gems today :(

edit: oooh, 3 transmutation stones for a zone-exploration reward. And I got a full-length coat from a karma vendor.
    Last edited by Badgerish; 2012-10-17 at 06:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't been playing this game for the past few weeks. last night i had a dream about it. really should get back into it.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerish View Post
    Arh, the sweet, sweet smell of a fresh character slot. Well worth the crafting materials I funneled into TP and then into gems.

Awesome:
    25 Asura Engineer
    21 Charr Warrior
    15 Sylvari Ranger

Not so awesome:
    14 Human Necromancer
    14 Norn Elementalist

Tried a Mesmer, but retired them at 15ish (really not enjoying the call until I got greatsword/staff, but still wasn't ideal)

So, what next?
    Well, don't make a caster, apparently you don't enjoy them.

Norn Guardian?
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

I assume somebody already brought this up, but I did not find it :
    Isn`t GW 2 from NC Soft and don`t they have a bad Rep for killing games before their time ?
    I hear good things about the game, but what they did to other games worry s me . Not sure if I should invest my time and money into it.
    ( See City of Heroes)

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

They didn't kill off GW1, and that's been going on for quiet some time.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    They didn't kill off GW1, and that's been going on for quiet some time.
    Yar, Guild Wars 1 has been around for about 7 years now.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Yar, Guild Wars 1 has been around for about 7 years now.
    Note though that City of Heroes came out before Guild Wars 1 and was just shutdown. Granted that's still over 8 years for a game, which is pretty damn good I'd say.

20. - Top - End - #830

I thought the CoH shutdown was becuase they lost the engine rights? Or am I just remembering a rumor I read?

21. - Top - End - #831

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    I assume somebody already brought this up, but I did not find it :
    Isn`t GW 2 from NC Soft and don`t they have a bad Rep for killing games before their time ?
    I hear good things about the game, but what they did to other games worry s me . Not sure if I should invest my time and money into it.
    ( See City of Heroes)
    Don't worry, the game won't shut down for several years at least. Unless some major screw up happens, of course! But that's terribly unlikely.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

So, is there anything that's really worthwhile in the Halloween update? Most of the stuff seems either limited duration or ridiculously farm heavy.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Mad King's Clock Tower is one helluva jumping puzzle. Very fun, but pretty heavy on trial-and-error gameplay (especially if you get someone who sneaks in a speed boost, or max-height Charr/Norn). Haven't had a chance to play with anything else in the Mad King's Realm.

The Memoir Scavenger Hunt is pretty fun for a scavenger hunt; not sure if we know what the reward at the end is.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground

Mad king's clock tower is only really difficult because of the mass of people jumping around you.

From that puzzle, I got an exotic Mad King's shoes, so currently trying to figure out how to obtain the rest.

25. - Top - End - #835

ClericGuy

The jumping puzzle makes me angry.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Mad King's Clock Tower is one helluva jumping puzzle. Very fun, but pretty heavy on trial-and-error gameplay (especially if you get someone who sneaks in a speed boost, or max-height Charr/Norn). Haven't had a chance to play with anything else in the Mad King's Realm.

The Memoir Scavenger Hunt is pretty fun for a scavenger hunt; not sure if we know what the reward at the end is.
    Ya I was doing alright on the clock tower, then started doing worse and worse, getting angrier and angrier. Took a break and going to have to go back some time to try again.

I finished the 13 (or so?) pages and turned it in for the complete book. The stats were the same as the current slot, just minus the nice gem I had put on there. Is there more?

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Ya I was doing alright on the clock tower, then started doing worse and worse, getting angrier and angrier. Took a break and going to have to go back some time to try again.

I finished the 13 (or so?) pages and turned it in for the complete book. The stats were the same as the current slot, just minus the nice gem I had put on there. Is there more?
    There's two PvP modes in the Mad King's Realm (neither of which I found very fun, since the rules popup is pretty vague on how they work) and the Mad King's Labyrinth, which is good for farming halloween events and mobs (also has two chests you can open each day).

We also just got Ascent Into Madness, a dungeon consisting of 10% trash mobs, 5% platforming, and 85% wailing on Mad King Thorn. Easily repeatable, and has a reward chest at the end so people are farming it hardcore whenever they can avoid the DR code.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

"We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!"

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rial-is-Coming

-I dont think I'll have extras, but if you are looking to try GW2, you might wanna post here, I'm sure there are at least a few extras around.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Getting the thread back up for great justice!

Currently only have one character at level 30, a human ranger by the name of Jyhmes Attrap on the European server Aurora Glades.

If anyone wants to join me there or knows anyone who wants to try out the free trial for Guild Wars 2 and wants to join me (I'm all willing to help you out), shoot me a PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

30. - Top - End - #840
    Banned

I transferred over to TC to run with some friends for the trial. Toss me an invite on account name Calebrus.3802 and if I like it here maybe I'll stay.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2012-11-16 at 10:40 AM.