New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Want to know what region we haven't had enough of? Let's storylocke Pokemon White

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarot View Post
    First fatality... ouch.

Good grief what happened to Unova society, why are they so involved in blood lust, what happened to Gene Roddenberry's future of humanity coming together and tackling almost all of the problems of society.
    And Mareep's are one of my favorites too.

If I did that, the plot would be boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Want to know what region we haven't had enough of? Let's storylocke Pokemon White

Spoiler
    Show

Nate Well I had found the stolen pokemon after a couple of searching for it, the thief was shouting out something about "Team Plasma rules!" But the real Team Plasma wore a different outfit, so obviously he was trying to divert blame. After a quick battle the thief had no other pokemon, so he was forced to come with me. Hugh put him in handcuffs and tried to claim all the glory. With the cops it worked, but the ranch owners had seen me walk up with the thief, and/so in thanks they gave me one of their Mareep herd. A young girl named Tasha, who seemed very alert.

Nate I would have continued to Virbank, but that day I just wasn't feeling it, after what had happened to the cops. So I returned home for the night. The next morning as I was leaving town I saw a huge crowd around the community center.

Nate What's going on? I wondered.
    Emma It's scary seeing that many people, can we go now?
    Alexandria They should be worshiping me, not crowded around a building.
    Tasha Oh, let's go see!
    Bianca Nate! Is that you? A familiar voice exclaimed. Turning around, and seeing Bianca made my heart feel like it was trying to jackhammer itself out of my chest. I guess you heard then? She said with a smile.
    Nate Uh, no actually. I was about to go see what was going on. I was nervously rubbing the back of my head.
    Bianca Heh, it's your lucky day then. Your town has finally gotten a gym leader.
    Nate Bianca, they always say things like that, but nothing ever happens.
    Bianca Well, they are opening up right now. If you're so sure it'll close down in a few days, Let me get you a battle now. She said with a smirk.
    Nate You can do that?
    Bianca Normally no, but I know the gym leader, and his buttons. She said as she lightly tugged me through the crowd.
    Bianca Hey, Cheren. I've got your first challenger right here!
    Cheren Bianca! What the.... Oh you brought your.... friend.
    Nate Is there.... I started before Bianca interrupted.
    Bianca Your first challenger, my present without a bow to you. Unless you don't think you can beat him. She said with a smirk.
    Cheren Heh. Well one is as good as any-other I suppose. How many badges do you have?
    Nate Uh, zero.
    Cheren Well it'll be a quick battle if nothing else. Another thing, I sure you don't mind having this battle in front of a crowdthey've been starved for a gym battle for so long.
    Bianca Really Cheren, trying to intimidate the poor kid. Real mature of you!
    Nate Heh, I'm not afraid. A bigger crowd just means more people to see his first loss. I replied, faking confidence. Honestly it was my first gym battle, and inside I was terrified. But Cheren didn't like my remark. Glaring, he called out.
    Cheren I wonder? Have you faced death? A two-on-two battle to the death. He sent out his first pokemon: a Patrat.
    Nate Tasha, I choose you! I had seen what she could do to wild pokemon while going home last night.
    Cheren Patrat, take it out!
    Tasha I've got this, boss!

Nate The Patrat charged at Tasha with fangs opened wide. The Patrat bit into only the fur fleece of Tasha, and started pulling, causing pain but no real injury. Tasha responded with a electrical jolt. Causing This caused chaotic movement in the Patrat, before Tasha whacked it with the ball on her tail, sending the Patrat flying.
    Cheren Come on Patrat, don't give up now, get up and fight!
    Nate Tasha, keep up the pressure.
    Nate The Patrat stood up shakily [removal of comma] as Tasha charged it. However, by the time Tasha had reached it, the Patrat had side-stepped, and headbutted it in the side.
    Pokedex Critical hit!
    Nate Tasha screamed in agony as the Patrat hit it, sinking to the ground. The Patrat started to descend on Tasha with a vicious hungry grin.
    Nate Tasha zap it! Before it gets you! Tasha swung her tail wearily, However but she managed a lucky connect and zapped the Patrat, driving it back. Tasha got up slowly in clear agony.
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Nate The crowd chanted hungry for blood, and while both Tasha and the Patrat were heavily injured, no blood had spilled out yet.
    Nate The Patrat struggled to get up this time, and swayed on its feet. Falling to all four for better balance, it charged at Tasha. Tasha tried charging back but her front right leg was too injured [removal of comma] and buckled under her. The Patrat bit Tasha on the forehead, managing only a nick, but it did what the crowd wanted, spewing blood everywhere. The Patrat gasped for breath.
    Cheren Patrat, finish it now!
    Nate Tasha look out! While the Patrat tried to catch it's breath, Tasha slowly spun around, and when she faced away from the Patrat she swung her tail over the Patrat's head, driving it into the ground [removal of comma] with massive jolts of electricity. All the while, Tasha continued to drive the tail into the Patrat. The Patrat twitched upon the ground and laid still, as Tasha whined in agony.
    Cheren Not bad, not bad at all. I wonder if you can handle my next pokemon. Lillipup, I choose you!

Nate Tasha, come back! But Tasha shook her head.
    Tasha No, I can do this! I'm not dead yet!
    Nate Tasha. I muttered. The Lillipup charged Tasha with blinding speed fresh from the poke-ball. Tasha tried to stand up again, but couldn't. The Lillipup bit Tasha on her tail and started shaking her. Tasha's tail flailed and even connected with the Lillipup a couple of times, but the lighting had no effect on the crazed beast. Then I heard a loud snap, and Tasha stopped struggling.
    Nate Tasha!
    Cheren Heh, I guess you haven't faced death before. So what will you do? Surrender or send out my next victim!
    Nate Tasha! I'm sorry. The crowd cheered like mad as the Lillipup started eating Tasha. Kevin boiled with rage.
    Kevin We'll talk about how you screwed up later. But if these monsters want a show, let me put on a show.
    Nate Okay..... Kevin, I choose you!

Nate Kevin reacted instantly, without waiting for commands, blasting the Lillipup with a force spray of water. catching it my surprise, the water managed to knock it off it's feet. The water caught it by surprise, knocking it off its feet. Dazed, the Lillipup stood up and shook off the water.
    Kevin Come at me, bro! Or does a little otter terrify you.
    Cheren Lillipup! evade the water and take it out.
    Nate The Lillipup charged Kevin at full speed, even faster then when it attacked Tasha, and Kevin sprayed another forceful blast of water. However, the Lillipup jumped high in the air, evading the blast. Coming It came down on Kevin, and they both tumbled to the ground. Kevin!
    Kevin I've got this!
    Nate Both of the pokemon erupted into a vicious close-quarters melee, the crowd loved it and went wild. It only seemed a few seconds before the Lillipup had Kevin's tail in its mouth.
    Kevin That's not going to work a second time, bitch!
    Nate Unlike Tasha, who was too weak to put up much of a fight, Kevin managed to kick it in the eyes, stunning the Lillipup. Kevin then sprayed it with water, driving it off.
    Cheren Lillipup take it out, weaken it first.
    Nate The Lillipup cried out in pain before responding as its right eye had a layer of blood over it. However, it still charged, and this time grabbed Kevin by the arm.
    Kevin Ah! Arceus!
    Nate Kevin cried out as the Lillipup tried to bring it down.
    Crowd Yeah, tear it apart!
    Crowd No! Punch it in the other eye!
    Nate Kevin did exactly that, punching the Lillipup with his other hand, hard. Repeatedly. Eventually, dazed, the Lillipup let go of Kevin. Kevin took the opportunity to blast it hard with a forceful spray of water.
    Cheren Lillipup, don't you dare fail me. Kill it now!
    Nate Blinded by blood, half mad by pain. The Lillipup still chargedthis time with a vicious desperationbringing Kevin down to the ground again. But this time it was too slow from injures injured to do much more. Kevin sprayed another forceful blast of water and sent the Lillipup into the sky. When the Lillipup fell to the ground it did not get up again, and the crowd went nuts.

Nate Me and Bianca were in the building, spared from the crowd's chaos. Cheren walked over to us.
    Bianca What in the endless plains of the abyss was that!? You may have used the right pokemon, but you were way too rough! Cheren didn't even look at her.
    Cheren Here is your basic badge. Nate. This is your first step on your journey to become champion. He sighed. You know if I had used my real team you would have lost.
    Bianca Yes, very good Cheren. You could beat someone that's had pokemon for all of a day. Truly you are a master trainer.
    Cheren Oh, just get out you two. You have your badge, and I have other trainers to fight.
    Nate We left though a backdoor to try and avoid the crowds. Thankfully, this worked, and once we left the building, I asked Bianca Is there something between you two.
    Bianca There was, two years ago. But he's so damned obsessed with being the strongest, I felt he had no time for me. Like I came second in his life. He had gotten better for awhile, but when Hilbert was praised all over Unova as the legendary hero, Cheren... Well, he snapped, and became worse then he ever had been. I was shoved aside for more training, more drills with his pokemon. I told him I wasn't going to be second anymore, and left. Heh. We're still polite when we meet each other, but we haven't been friends since then.
    Nate I'm so sorry.
    Bianca Heh. I'm not. He made his choice, I'm just sorry your mareep had to pay the price.
    Nate Right, Tasha.....

I made some changes that I think improve readability in red. Of course, I may be the only one who actually cares

If I'm being a bother, just ignore me and I'll deal with it. I enjoy your nuzlockes too much to let a little grammar stop me.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate Well I had found the stolen pokemon after a couple of searching for it, the thief was shouting out something about "Team Plasma rules!" But the real Team Plasma wore a different outfit, so obviously he was trying to divert blame. After a quick battle the thief had no other pokemon, so he was forced to come with me. Hugh put him in handcuffs and tried to claim all the glory. With the cops it worked, but the ranch owners had seen me walk up with the thief, and/so in thanks they gave me one of their Mareep herd. A young girl named Tasha, who seemed very alert.

Nate I would have continued to Virbank, but that day I just wasn't feeling it, after what had happened to the cops. So I returned home for the night. The next morning as I was leaving town I saw a huge crowd around the community center.

Nate What's going on? I wondered.
    Emma It's scary seeing that many people, can we go now?
    Alexandria They should be worshiping me, not crowded around a building.
    Tasha Oh, let's go see!
    Bianca Nate! Is that you? A familiar voice exclaimed. Turning around, and seeing Bianca made my heart feel like it was trying to jackhammer itself out of my chest. I guess you heard then? She said with a smile.
    Nate Uh, no actually. I was about to go see what was going on. I was nervously rubbing the back of my head.
    Bianca Heh, it's your lucky day then. Your town has finally gotten a gym leader.
    Nate Bianca, they always say things like that, but nothing ever happens.
    Bianca Well, they are opening up right now. If you're so sure it'll close down in a few days, Let me get you a battle now. She said with a smirk.
    Nate You can do that?
    Bianca Normally no, but I know the gym leader, and his buttons. She said as she lightly tugged me through the crowd.
    Bianca Hey, Cheren. I've got your first challenger right here!
    Cheren Bianca! What the.... Oh you brought your.... friend.
    Nate Is there.... I started before Bianca interrupted.
    Bianca Your first challenger, my present without a bow to you. Unless you don't think you can beat him. She said with a smirk.
    Cheren Heh. Well one is as good as any-other I suppose. How many badges do you have?
    Nate Uh, zero.
    Cheren Well it'll be a quick battle if nothing else. Another thing, I sure you don't mind having this battle in front of a crowdthey've been starved for a gym battle for so long.
    Bianca Really Cheren, trying to intimidate the poor kid. Real mature of you!
    Nate Heh, I'm not afraid. A bigger crowd just means more people to see his first loss. I replied, faking confidence. Honestly it was my first gym battle, and inside I was terrified. But Cheren didn't like my remark. Glaring, he called out.
    Cheren I wonder? Have you faced death? A two-on-two battle to the death. He sent out his first pokemon: a Patrat.
    Nate Tasha, I choose you! I had seen what she could do to wild pokemon while going home last night.
    Cheren Patrat, take it out!
    Tasha I've got this, boss!

Nate The Patrat charged at Tasha with fangs opened wide. The Patrat bit into only the fur fleece of Tasha, and started pulling, causing pain but no real injury. Tasha responded with a electrical jolt. Causing This caused chaotic movement in the Patrat, before Tasha whacked it with the ball on her tail, sending the Patrat flying.
    Cheren Come on Patrat, don't give up now, get up and fight!
    Nate Tasha, keep up the pressure.
    Nate The Patrat stood up shakily [removal of comma] as Tasha charged it. However, by the time Tasha had reached it, the Patrat had side-stepped, and headbutted it in the side.
    Pokedex Critical hit!
    Nate Tasha screamed in agony as the Patrat hit it, sinking to the ground. The Patrat started to descend on Tasha with a vicious hungry grin.
    Nate Tasha zap it! Before it gets you! Tasha swung her tail wearily, However but she managed a lucky connect and zapped the Patrat, driving it back. Tasha got up slowly in clear agony.
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Nate The crowd chanted hungry for blood, and while both Tasha and the Patrat were heavily injured, no blood had spilled out yet.
    Nate The Patrat struggled to get up this time, and swayed on its feet. Falling to all four for better balance, it charged at Tasha. Tasha tried charging back but her front right leg was too injured [removal of comma] and buckled under her. The Patrat bit Tasha on the forehead, managing only a nick, but it did what the crowd wanted, spewing blood everywhere. The Patrat gasped for breath.
    Cheren Patrat, finish it now!
    Nate Tasha look out! While the Patrat tried to catch it's breath, Tasha slowly spun around, and when she faced away from the Patrat she swung her tail over the Patrat's head, driving it into the ground [removal of comma] with massive jolts of electricity. All the while, Tasha continued to drive the tail into the Patrat. The Patrat twitched upon the ground and laid still, as Tasha whined in agony.
    Cheren Not bad, not bad at all. I wonder if you can handle my next pokemon. Lillipup, I choose you!

Nate Tasha, come back! But Tasha shook her head.
    Tasha No, I can do this! I'm not dead yet!
    Nate Tasha. I muttered. The Lillipup charged Tasha with blinding speed fresh from the poke-ball. Tasha tried to stand up again, but couldn't. The Lillipup bit Tasha on her tail and started shaking her. Tasha's tail flailed and even connected with the Lillipup a couple of times, but the lighting had no effect on the crazed beast. Then I heard a loud snap, and Tasha stopped struggling.
    Nate Tasha!
    Cheren Heh, I guess you haven't faced death before. So what will you do? Surrender or send out my next victim!
    Nate Tasha! I'm sorry. The crowd cheered like mad as the Lillipup started eating Tasha. Kevin boiled with rage.
    Kevin We'll talk about how you screwed up later. But if these monsters want a show, let me put on a show.
    Nate Okay..... Kevin, I choose you!

Nate Kevin reacted instantly, without waiting for commands, blasting the Lillipup with a force spray of water. catching it my surprise, the water managed to knock it off it's feet. The water caught it by surprise, knocking it off its feet. Dazed, the Lillipup stood up and shook off the water.
    Kevin Come at me, bro! Or does a little otter terrify you.
    Cheren Lillipup! evade the water and take it out.
    Nate The Lillipup charged Kevin at full speed, even faster then when it attacked Tasha, and Kevin sprayed another forceful blast of water. However, the Lillipup jumped high in the air, evading the blast. Coming It came down on Kevin, and they both tumbled to the ground. Kevin!
    Kevin I've got this!
    Nate Both of the pokemon erupted into a vicious close-quarters melee, the crowd loved it and went wild. It only seemed a few seconds before the Lillipup had Kevin's tail in its mouth.
    Kevin That's not going to work a second time, bitch!
    Nate Unlike Tasha, who was too weak to put up much of a fight, Kevin managed to kick it in the eyes, stunning the Lillipup. Kevin then sprayed it with water, driving it off.
    Cheren Lillipup take it out, weaken it first.
    Nate The Lillipup cried out in pain before responding as its right eye had a layer of blood over it. However, it still charged, and this time grabbed Kevin by the arm.
    Kevin Ah! Arceus!
    Nate Kevin cried out as the Lillipup tried to bring it down.
    Crowd Yeah, tear it apart!
    Crowd No! Punch it in the other eye!
    Nate Kevin did exactly that, punching the Lillipup with his other hand, hard. Repeatedly. Eventually, dazed, the Lillipup let go of Kevin. Kevin took the opportunity to blast it hard with a forceful spray of water.
    Cheren Lillipup, don't you dare fail me. Kill it now!
    Nate Blinded by blood, half mad by pain. The Lillipup still chargedthis time with a vicious desperationbringing Kevin down to the ground again. But this time it was too slow from injures injured to do much more. Kevin sprayed another forceful blast of water and sent the Lillipup into the sky. When the Lillipup fell to the ground it did not get up again, and the crowd went nuts.

Nate Me and Bianca were in the building, spared from the crowd's chaos. Cheren walked over to us.
    Bianca What in the endless plains of the abyss was that!? You may have used the right pokemon, but you were way too rough! Cheren didn't even look at her.
    Cheren Here is your basic badge. Nate. This is your first step on your journey to become champion. He sighed. You know if I had used my real team you would have lost.
    Bianca Yes, very good Cheren. You could beat someone that's had pokemon for all of a day. Truly you are a master trainer.
    Cheren Oh, just get out you two. You have your badge, and I have other trainers to fight.
    Nate We left though a backdoor to try and avoid the crowds. Thankfully, this worked, and once we left the building, I asked Bianca Is there something between you two.
    Bianca There was, two years ago. But he's so damned obsessed with being the strongest, I felt he had no time for me. Like I came second in his life. He had gotten better for awhile, but when Hilbert was praised all over Unova as the legendary hero, Cheren... Well, he snapped, and became worse then he ever had been. I was shoved aside for more training, more drills with his pokemon. I told him I wasn't going to be second anymore, and left. Heh. We're still polite when we meet each other, but we haven't been friends since then.
    Nate I'm so sorry.
    Bianca Heh. I'm not. He made his choice, I'm just sorry your mareep had to pay the price.
    Nate Right, Tasha.....

I made some changes that I think improve readability in red. Of course, I may be the only one who actually cares

If I'm being a bother, just ignore me and I'll deal with it. I enjoy your nuzlockes too much to let a little grammar stop me.
    It's fine, it makes it look better. I made all the changes you suggested except one.

Since the quote from Team Plasma isn't an exact quote, do I still use quotation marks?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that you would put quotation marks there, at least to differentiate it from the normal flow of the sentence. The way it originally reads is "something about Team Plasma rules," which I read as meaning 'rules of team plasma.'

It's up to you, really, depending on how you like the was the sentences looks.

5. - Top - End - #35

I think that you would put quotation marks there, at least to differentiate it from the normal flow of the sentence. The way it originally reads is "something about Team Plasma rules," which I read as meaning 'rules of team plasma.'

It's up to you, really, depending on how you like the was the sentences looks.
    I put a how in between about and Team. So now it's "something about how Team Plasma rules".

That work?

6. - Top - End - #36

Ch 5 Virbank city
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate This time there were no roadblocks on my way to Virbank city. I was able to get there quickly and without hassle. Kevin spent the whole time lecturing me about how I should have returned Tasha, and sent him out after the Patrat. He said I shouldn't have listened to Tasha, and a good trainer would have known her limits. I returned him to his poke-ball and locked him in after that comment.

Nate I had walked up to the gym, and noticed the door was locked.
    Emma What's going on? Maybe the leader is sick?
    Alexandria They should be here to serve us, and battle when we demand it!
    Nate She. The gym leader is a girl. I walked up to the nearest person Excuse me sir. Do you know where the gym leader is?
    NPC Yeah, she should be at Virbank complex. There was an accident down there, and it's still in total unrest. One cop who ran down there said it was probably a Team Plasma plot.
    Nate I gave the man my thanks and ran off. I figured if I helped out down there I wouldn't have to wait as long for my gym battle.

Nate When we got there, it was in total chaos. Cops and the gym leaders aides were battling with people in Team Plasma suits. And it was violent. Hugh called out to me.
    Hugh Hey, Nate! Care to help, we need all the help we can get.
    Nate All that statement did was get one of the “Team Plasma” members to notice me. He charged me as he sent out a Patrat.
    Nate Alexandria I choose you!
    Kevin What! No you idiot, she'll be slaughtered! Kevin's voice was muffled by the poke-ball. Which served to remind me to unlock it in case I needed him.
    Alexandria I've got this. It's just a little rat.
    Nate Alexandria charged the rat with claws extended. She started trying to claw at the rat's face, but the rat kept ducking and weaving. The Patrat whacked her on her head, with one of it's stubby little arms. Dazed, Alexandria stumbled for a bit before coming back to her senses.
    Team Plasma grunt Patrat, use bide!
    Alexandria Don't worry, boss. I've got this.
    Nate Don't! Wait Alexandria, don't attack. But she was already in mid-air before I spoke, she couldn't change her direction and her claws were still extended.
    Pokedex Critical hit! My pokedex shouted out as Alexandria's claws jabbed the Patrat's face. I looked fearfully as the Patrat didn't fall.

Nate The Patrat grinned as a white beam erupted from it's mouth. Alexandria, tried to avoid it, but she was too slow. The beam tore through her mid-section, obliterating it. Alexandria!
    Alexandria AHHH!!! Arceus, it hurts!! It hurts!!! Make it stop!! Make it stop!! Those were the last words she ever said.
    Kevin I've got this! Don't send out Emma!
    Nate Kevin erupted from the poke-ball. Upon looking at the Patrat, he immediately attacked. Pulling the shell from his chest he coated it in a blue energy. The Patrat tried to charge Kevin, but he threw the shell from his chest like a boomerang, it lopped off the Patrat's head in one blow.
    Kevin That's how it's done! Wait, what?
    Nate Kevin's skin started glowing. I thought for a moment then realized. Kevin you're evolving!
    Kevin Am I?
    Nate Kevin's body started changing shape, transforming into a Dewott, before my eyes. When the change was completed Kevin's glow erupted. It was trying to look at the sun. I averted my eyes.
    Kevin Such power! Hah! I've never felt more alive. Hey you, got anymore pokemon?
    Nate Kevin tried talking to the grunt, but the grunt couldn't understand him. It didn't matter, if he did have a pokemon he would have sent it out already.

Emily Hey, there. You look like a talented trainer. You in the market for a fire type?
    Nate Yeah, sure. You want to come along? I mean you did see what happened to Alexandria right?
    Emily Oh! You can understand me! Glorious! And the Purrloin? Dude, it's a purrloin what did you expect?
    Nate You sound just like Kevin.
    Emily Who?
    Nate My Osh.... Dewott now. So are you coming along?
    Emily Yeah, I think so. These other Growlithe's they just aren't at my level.
    Nate So I gave it one of my pokeballs
    Pokedex Caught Emily the Growlithe at Virbank complex at level 11 Nature Hardy, Somewhat vain, Ability Flash fire

Nate Hugh was talking to Roxie.
    Hugh I think we've got most of them now. I'm sure there are a few deeper in the complex itself, but we've got the forces to handle it. You should get back to the gym.
    Roxie I'm still surprised someone so young is in charge of the Team Plasma problem.
    Hugh I was telling the heads that Team Plasma was going to be a problem for over a year now. I guess I just seemed like the natural choice, Hey Nate. Roxie this is my friend Nate.
    Nate Hey Roxie. I waved halfheartedly. I mean my impressions from her were in a rock-band. A far cry from her authority as a gym leader. I truthfully didn't know what to make of her.
    Roxie Hello, Nate. So are you a traveling trainer?
    Nate Yeah, I'm taking the pokemon league challenge.
    Roxie Oh? Well come with me and we can get your battle started. How many badges do you have?
    Hugh Zero.
    Nate One. I corrected as Hugh glared. They just opened up a gym in Aspertia city.
    Roxie Right, now I remember. You were Cheren's first challenge. I'm sorry about your Mareep.
    Nate Thank you, miss Roxie.
    Hugh Right, right. Now that we've gone through the introductions. Roxie why don't you take him for his first badge.
    Roxie Second She corrected with a smirk.
    Hugh *sigh* Yeah, second sorry.
    Nate Thank you for the offer. But I'd rather bury my Purrloin if it's all the same to you. After that though?
    Roxie Well if you want. She said with a shrug. See you later, Nate.

Alexandria the Purrloin Lv 3-14 Died to a Patrat's bide.

It had to happen eventually, it was a Purrloin after all.

But on the bright side, I still have three team members and my first evolution.

Some liberties were taken with the order of events.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it cheating if I use the Genesect I downloaded in a nuzlocke?
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Depends on if you are playing the "no legendaries" rule.

Otherwise, he's just the first pokemon you caught in that area, since it's a pokemon center

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Is there some sort of rule of three on your team? Because so far there seems to be a bit of a problem with having and maintaining more than three pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Is it cheating if I use the Genesect I downloaded in a nuzlocke?
    Up to you.

Depends on if you are playing the "no legendaries" rule.

Otherwise, he's just the first pokemon you caught in that area, since it's a pokemon center
    Or the first thing he caught in that town. Or it's a gift.

Is there some sort of rule of three on your team? Because so far there seems to be a bit of a problem with having and maintaining more than three pokemon.
    Well Cheren is op, and Purrloin's suck.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I've been sitting outside the gym for a while now, because I need to grind some more after that first trainer battle nearly killed someone. And agreed, Purrloin sucks.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

I just wanted to say that I started reading this today and am enjoying it. I just recently finished an Emerald Nuzlocke and once I finish evacuating my Diamond cart into Black 2, I might do a Diamond Nuzlocke. After that, perhaps a really long, sure to be painful HeartGold Nuzlocke all the way to Red. That might require some story.

Best of luck with your Nuzlocking.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

13. - Top - End - #43

I've been sitting outside the gym for a while now, because I need to grind some more after that first trainer battle nearly killed someone. And agreed, Purrloin sucks.
    It's like the Magikarp of Unova. Only no Gyarados...

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I just wanted to say that I started reading this today and am enjoying it. I just recently finished an Emerald Nuzlocke and once I finish evacuating my Diamond cart into Black 2, I might do a Diamond Nuzlocke. After that, perhaps a really long, sure to be painful HeartGold Nuzlocke all the way to Red. That might require some story.

Best of luck with your Nuzlocking.
    Thank you I've done a heart gold nuzlocke and yeah it took awhile. It also had the highest death count at like 8 or something.

May Arceus be with you.

14. - Top - End - #44

Ch 6 We'll speak with venom!
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate I had buried Alexandria right outside of Virbank city. It was Route 20, her home. I figured she would want to be buried there. We all said our farewells, and I made Kevin say something nice.

Nate With that behind us, I walked back to Virbank gym, when I got in I saw Roxie talking to several people, upon noticing me, she smiled and waved me over.
    Roxie Hey, Nate. How did the burial go?
    Nate About as well as could be expected. I was a little uncomfortable about answering that, sure she seemed nice, but we had talked for all of about five seconds.
    Roxie Hey, you okay? If you need to wait to be emotionally ready to battle, I understand.
    Nate No I'll be fine. But thanks.

Nate Roxie walked me to the battle stadium. Since Roxie was an a band, it was littered with instruments to use as cover or as weapons. Roxie and I took places on opposite ends of the battle field.
    Roxie This will be a 2 on 2 battle for your second gym battle the price of failure will be your pokemon's deaths. Do you accept?
    Nate Yes, my pokemon are strong we will handle this!
    Roxie Go Koffing!
    Nate Kevin let's do this! He sprung into battle before anyone else could react, throwing his shell like he did against the Patrat, however this time it didn't go through the opponent.
    Roxie Koffing don't let that faze you!
    Nate The Koffing breathed a poisonous gas. Kevin leaped to the side, but still breathed in some of the deadly vapors. Although he looked fine, I knew he couldn't take too many of those. Kevin be careful.
    Kevin Heh, No worries, I'll show this bloated sack whose boss.
    Nate Kevin sprayed a blast of water at the Koffing, stunning it. Taking advantage of that moment, he sent another shell towards it. However the Koffing recovered quickly, and dodged the attack.
    Roxie Koffing, let's show him an Assurance!
    Nate A giant ghost like hand appeared in front of the Koffing, the Koffing slammed into it sending it hurling towards Kevin. Kevin managed to hide behind a drum set to avoid the worst of the impact, but it still jarred him. The poison, and the hand took their toll, and he struggled to get up.
    Kevin Fine, no more holding back!
    Nate Kevin took out the shell like before, but this time he spun it up towards the ceiling, before catching it, and sending it towards the Koffing.
    Pokedex Kevin activated Torrent! Critical hit!
    Nate The Koffing was split in half by the shell, a cloud of poisonous gas dissipated from where the Koffing was split, and it fell to the ground.
    Roxie Not bad, Go Whirlipede!
    Nate Kevin return, Emily I choose you!
    Kevin By Arceus you're finally learning!

Nate Emily charged the Whirlipede, as a fiery aura engulfed her. She rammed into the Whirlipede's side, stunning it.
    Roxie Whirlpede! Let's do this, put on a show!
    Nate The Whirlipede started spinning, it's spikes turning up the battle field, it rammed into Emily jabbing her with it's spikes.
    Emily Ahh! Damnation!
    Nate Emily spat a ball of flame at the bug, but it focused for a moment and a green aura surrounded it, blocking the attack.
    Roxie Come on Whirlipede we've got this! Keep up the pressure.
    Nate The Whirlipede spewed a purplish liquid at Emily, which she barely avoided by taking cover behind a piano. Emily responded by blasting the Whirlipede again with balls of fire but it just blocked the attack with the same green aura. Emily you'll have to get in close, it'll block anything at range! Use Flame wheel now!
    Roxie Get in close too Whirlipede, tear it apart with your spikes.
    Nate Emily lunged high in the air, as the fiery aura started to come around her. Instead of charging this time she let gravity do the work, as the Whirlipede spun in place. Both were blasted back by the impact.
    Nate Emily!
    Emily Ah! I'm fine.... ow...
    Nate But the Whirlipede was not.

Roxie It was a good match Nate. You are a truly talented trainer, but you seem to be a tad reckless. Watch out for that in the future or you may bite off more then you can chew.
    Nate I understand. I couldn't really think of what else to say, I mean she just complimented me and insulted me.
    Roxie But be that as it may, you did defeat me. I give you your second badge, this time without any deaths.
    Nate I took the badge and looked at it. Sure no deaths happened during the battle, but I still was responsible for the deaths of two beings, and maybe more later. All because I was too weak to say no.

Sad Nate....

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Indeed, Nate may understand that fortune favors the bold, but without preparation he better be ready to face the fact he will have more fatalities.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I thought I'd subscribed to this. I'll have to catch up later.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #47

Ch 7
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate When we had finally entered Castelia city, I saw Hugh again.
    Hugh Hey! Nate we need your help. Team Plasma stole a whole bunch of the gym's pokemon and fled into the sewers. We need every able body trainer down in there to help us root them out.
    Nate Hugh! You ask me to help so often, I'm starting to wonder whether I should be getting a pay-check.
    Hugh Come on Nate! Don't you have the desire to help your country!
    Nate Hugh! You're getting a pay-check, isn't it hypocritical for you to be questioning my desire to serve my country, when I've helped you twice for free?
    Hugh Oh just come on, unless you want Team Plasma to rule the country.
    Nate Yes, because my help will make so much difference I said sarcastically
    Hugh And if everyone thought like that, Team Plasma would rule in a week.
    Nate Oh... You will owe me so much when I call in those favors I muttered as I followed him into the sewers.

Kevin Seriously, we're helping that ******* again? You should just let him handle his own problems. Maybe getting fired will tone down his ego.
    Nate Kevin said this as soon as Hugh went off in a different direction. I can't just let my friend get fired. It's not that simple.
    Emily He's not your friend! He's just using you to solve his problems! Now let's get out of this sewer.
    Nate He's not the best friend. But he is my friend. I mean I'm not going to injure myself to help him, but this is barely going out of my way. Come on, let's look for these “Team Plasma” guys.A zubat flew down from the ceiling.
    Zubat Hey pokemon, is your trainer looking for Team Plasma?
    Nate Yes I am, why? Do you know where they are?\
    Zubat You can understand me?
    Emma Yes he can! He's just like N!
    Zubat Heh. I remember Lord N, He was good. But now Team Plasma kidnapped a whole bunch of zubats for the grunts to use. When did Team Plasma become Team Rocket.
    Nate I'll try to see if I can get the Grunts to release their pokemon.
    Zubat I'd like to come with, and help you deal with the corrupted Team Plasma. My name is Tyler.
    Nate Mine's Nate. Welcome aboard.
    Pokedex Caught Tyler the Zubat at Castelia sewers at level 14 Nature Naughty, Sturdy body, Ability Inner focus

Nate It didn't take long before I found some Team Plasma grunts. They were arguing over being lost in the sewers. Okay, guys. We ambush them. Let's not let them send out pokemon. Emma trip the guy on the left, Emily the guy on the right. Kevin cut the belt that's holding the pokeballs with your shell. Tyler fly in their faces.

Nate Surprisingly, almost everything went as planned. One of the grunts managed to send out a pokemon, but it wouldn't listen to him at all, which was strange... He sent out a Petilil. I knelt down and talked to it.
    Nate Hello there. We're not going to hurt you, I just want to know... Why did you not feel compelled to follow your trainer's orders? And yes before you ask, I can understand you.
    Petilil My trainer? Where is she?
    Nate ... These guys aren't your trainers? I said feeling very confused.
    Petilil No? Where is my trainer?
    Nate I... don't know Pokeballs had a way of verifying DNA and only the person who caught the pokemon could send out the pokemon inside it. It could be changed. But it took time, more time then the grunts would have had, and in most cases you needed the original person to change it.
    Petilil Did my trainer leave me? She looked like she was about to cry.
    Nate No you were kidnapped. I said distracted. The grunts were unconscious now, so I looked over there bodies. Huh.... I wonder why they were able to use the stolen pokeballs?
    Kevin Seriously. You're more worried about that, then the kidnapped pokemon?
    Nate It's a fascinating, and important question. I replied offended.

Nate I noticed both the grunts had gloves on their hands. On a hunch, I decided to put one on my hand, and try to send out a pokemon. To my astonishment it worked. I recalled the pokemon instantly. This is amazing! Team Plasma has technology to fool the sensors in poke-balls? I..... I knew I should give all the gloves to the police when I handed in the trainers.... But it was a really amazing piece of technology... And the League would probably destroy it. And it's not like I was going to use it like Team Plasma was. So I put the glove in my backpack.
    Tyler You're using their technology! What the hell man!
    Nate I'm not going to use it... I said guiltily Just.... preserve some of it.
    Tyler Right. Tyler said sarcastically
    Nate It's good tech!

Nate Eventually I managed to wander out of the sewers, my pokemon helped me carry the two unconscious grunts. Hugh called me over to a tent.
    Hugh Hey, good job. I knew we could count on you. Only two though?
    Nate ... These were the only two I could find, Hugh. Unless you want to take a look I said as I pointed to the sewer behind me.
    Hugh Eh, nah. Any others probably got away by now. He said as he turned up his nose.
    Nate Suddenly a young girl somewhere between fourteen and sixteen burst through the tent.
    Goldilocks! Goldilocks! Do you have her sir? The girl asked putting her her hand on my shoulder.
    Nate I don't know. Try using one of the poke-balls? I said offering up the Poke-balls that the Grunts had. She went for a few of them, before finally being able to send out the Petilil I had talked to. Immediately Goldilocks tried to jump in my arms
    Goldilocks No! Go away Gabrielle! I don't like you anymore! You didn't save me, he did!
    Gabrielle Goldilocks? What's wrong? Do you want to travel with the police officer?
    Nate Oh, ma'am. I'm not a police officer. I'm just here to help.
    Goldilocks Oh! Even better! Take me with you!
    Gabrielle ... Goldilocks? Um... well I guess if you want to take her for a little while The girl tried to fake awkwardness, but I could tell she was really upset. Let's go outside.
    Gabrielle Thanks, I always said my pokemon were free to leave whenever they wanted. I just never thought they would want to. She said as soon as we left the tent. She was trying not to cry.
    Nate Hey, who knows. Maybe in like a week, she'll be stamping her foot and hinting she wants to go home.
    Gabrielle Yeah, hopefully. She sighed sadly. Just keep her alive, please.
    Nate I'll do whatever I can. We walked to the pokemon center, so we could transfer ownership.

With two new members, Nate's team climbs up to 5 members. But can Nate keep everyone alive, and travel towards becoming the Pokemon league champion? Or will he fail his friends? Find out eventually!

Comments are appreciated.

This would have gone up last week (I figure a weekly update schedule is good for this) But I was doing NaNoWriMo, so I wasn't in the mood to write more.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

That poor girl

19. - Top - End - #49

That poor girl
    Hey, I'm happy it happened, Lilligant's are amazing

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

So, jsut an update on my Black 2 run. I'm taking it really slow, due to life, but I've cleared out two gyms now, having only lost a Purrloin, and frankly, whatever. I did get a Magby though, who I promptly named Erk. It feels cheap, but I'm using Genesect. At least I'm keeping it at the same level as the rest of the team. And Ocelot evolved. "Two blades. Now, I've got two blades."

Seriously, people. Metal Gear Solid is just awesome.

21. - Top - End - #51

So, jsut an update on my Black 2 run. I'm taking it really slow, due to life, but I've cleared out two gyms now, having only lost a Purrloin, and frankly, whatever. I did get a Magby though, who I promptly named Erk. It feels cheap, but I'm using Genesect. At least I'm keeping it at the same level as the rest of the team. And Ocelot evolved. "Two blades. Now, I've got two blades."

Seriously, people. Metal Gear Solid is just awesome.
    Just make sure your Genesect doesn't die. That'd be embarrassing.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

To say the least.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Especially since the only fighting Pokemon you can catch before fighting him has a 5% chance and doesn't learn an STAB move until level 15, which takes waaay too long to grind.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Especially since the only fighting Pokemon you can catch before fighting him has a 5% chance and doesn't learn an STAB move until level 15, which takes waaay too long to grind.
    Especially thanks to my un-written rule, don't actively grind over the gym leaders highest level. (Unless you wiped to him/her before)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Especially thanks to my un-written rule, don't actively grind over the gym leaders highest level. (Unless you wiped to him/her before)
    Oh, I just got bored. I had the Riolu, but I went at Cheren with three Pokemon at level 12 or 13. No, wait... two of them were level 11.

Typically, I don't grind at all.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-07 at 10:10 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #56

Oh, I just got bored. I had the Riolu, but I went at Cheren with three Pokemon at level 12 or 13. No, wait... two of them were level 11.

Typically, I don't grind at all.
    I used Kevin the Oshawott, and Tasha the Mareep

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I used Kevin the Oshawott, and Tasha the Mareep
    I don't use the "only use as many Pokemon as they do" rule. 'Specially since he wiped my party once.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #58

I don't use the "only use as many Pokemon as they do" rule. 'Specially since he wiped my party once.
    I've only wiped to a gym leader once with that, and that was because I went in at level like 10 with two pokemon that were weak to the gym leader (First emerald run, before Illven)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You knw Nate and Hugh's dialogue at the beginning of the chapter reminded me of one incident at my telefundraising job...

Hey I'm a poor college student, I did what I had to.

Anyway one of the women I called went into an absolute nutty because while I was being paid to call people to raise money for various political campaigns (I won't say which party to avoid any political confrontation), and she went into an absolute nutty about how she was doing it for free and if I truly wanted my candidates to win I would be out volunteering to...

Yeah that was the harshest someone ever responded to me I think.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14

30. - Top - End - #60

You knw Nate and Hugh's dialogue at the beginning of the chapter reminded me of one incident at my telefundraising job...

Hey I'm a poor college student, I did what I had to.

Anyway one of the women I called went into an absolute nutty because while I was being paid to call people to raise money for various political campaigns (I won't say which party to avoid any political confrontation), and she went into an absolute nutty about how she was doing it for free and if I truly wanted my candidates to win I would be out volunteering to...

Yeah that was the harshest someone ever responded to me I think.
    .... Yes, how dare you get payed?