New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

* I may not use calculus as a metaphor for anything in DnD. Even if I use it properly, the odds that the person I am talking to will pick up on it, understand it, and properly be able to use it themselves is too slim.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

*No matter how much it may have seemed like a "Good idea at the time", making a pact with a red dragon is not such. At best, I might be cursed with some major disability, and soul linked to a creature that is typically high up on the "Things to kill" list of adventurers and questing knights. At worst, I'm it's next meal.

*Note To self: Werewolf Curse in Skyrim = Awesome. Werewolf Curse anywhere else= being hunted down and/or burned at the stake

*No matter how much I shout words in Draconic, they won't give me any special powers.

*Shooting a party member in the knee with an arrow is neither "funny" nor a solution to handling my party arguments
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

* Shouting words in true speech will produce special effects... they will just suck epicly

4. - Top - End - #844

SwashbucklerGuy

* If we are playing by encumbrance rules, I must remember that there are effects for different levels of weight.
    ** This means that I can't walk around with a light or a heavy load just fine, and become totally immobile if I pick up an ounce over my heavy load.
    *** No, this does not mean that I can still walk around at half speed even if I'm carrying 10 tons of junk on my back…
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * If we are playing by encumbrance rules, I must remember that there are effects for different levels of weight.
    ** This means that I can't walk around with a light or a heavy load just fine, and become totally immobile if I pick up an ounce over my heavy load.
    *** No, this does not mean that I can still walk around at half speed even if I'm carrying 10 tons of junk on my back…
    ****No carrying items in a trashcan does NOT mitigate this. (Totally does. Not kidding try it in your fallout or elder scrolls of choice.)
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

6. - Top - End - #846

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    ****No carrying items in a trashcan does NOT mitigate this. (Totally does. Not kidding try it in your fallout or elder scrolls of choice.)
    ***** Trash cans are NOT the Poor Man's Bag of Holding
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

* I may no longer try to combine the physics of any of these three realms: real life, tabletop games, or videogames
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

8. - Top - End - #848
    Firbolg in the Playground

* I may no longer make villains with higher moral standards than my PCs.
    * I am definitely no longer allowed to use aforementioned moral standards to cause PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

9. - Top - End - #849
    Orc in the Playground

*My plan for world domination is not to buy and handpick all the crops in the world only to sell them back to the farmers.

**I already have ten thousand cabbages, I need something to do with them.

***Dropping them off the highest mountain on the continent and screaming "CABALANCHE" Is not cool.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

I just started playing D&D, and love the game

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.
    STR:14
    DEX: 8
    CON: 10
    INT:13
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 16

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by newBlazingAngel View Post
    *My plan for world domination is not to buy and handpick all the crops in the world only to sell them back to the farmers.

**I already have ten thousand cabbages, I need something to do with them.

***Dropping them off the highest mountain on the continent and screaming "CABALANCHE" Is not cool.
    *Replacing cabbages with all movable items in existence and a few permanently stationary ones is just mean. (Buy ALL the property!)
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Orc in the Playground

*Combining all game science to create a helicoptor just so that I can float it a few feet above a an unsuspecting soul, jump out and scream "HELLO-COPTOR!" before the fiery explosion kill them is...awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

*Combining all game science to create a helicoptor just so that I can float it a few feet above a an unsuspecting soul, jump out and scream "HELLO-COPTOR!" before the fiery explosion kill them is...awesome.
    ** House Lyandar airships are not helicopters.
    *** I may not make the BBEG have an extendable tentacle-arm for the sole purpose of latching onto the airships, hijacking them in midair, then crashing them into things.
    **** Know what? Just don't base anything off of Prototype anymore.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

**** Don't even think about pulling this stunt with holiday presents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

14. - Top - End - #854

* When the BBEG makes his 'we can rule together' speech/offer thing, the correct answer is not 'hmm, actually, that makes sense. OK then.'

(Dark Heresy, where the plot was supposed to be that our Inquisitorial master had gone too far. Only when he explained his motives and actions, my character concluded that he was actually right and promptly betrayed the rest of the party)

* I am no longer allowed to corrupt the paladin into worshipping Asmodeus through nought more than careful reasoning. No matter how funny it is.

* If a fellow party member has fallen in a pit of acid, I am to get him out immediately, not wait to see if he asks for help. This applies even if I am evil and he is a paladin.

(He was apparently attempting to redeem me by getting me to perform an unasked for act of charity. Just sat there in the acid, slowly dissolving, not saying a word. Eventually I got him out, but the ranger had to threaten me into doing it, so it didn't count)

15. - Top - End - #855

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    (He was apparently attempting to redeem me by getting me to perform an unasked for act of charity. Just sat there in the acid, slowly dissolving, not saying a word. Eventually I got him out, but the ranger had to threaten me into doing it, so it didn't count)
    pffft, thats not an act of charity. thats an act of preserving the meat shield so you don't get inured...

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

* Alignment is not an excuse for screwing over my party.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

*My party cannot be a group of bards called the S men armed with rapiers just to give us the excuse to open every battle with "Lock S Foils in attack Position"

*I may not take weapon proficiency (whip) and fear (snakes) in the same character

*My character may never say, "Use the Force"
    ** he may not circumvent this by saying "Use the Mass x Accelleration"

*force choke is not a spell in DnD

*I can't have a +42 longsword
    **it is not red
    ***nor can I have black armor, a black cape, black helmet, and breathing problems

*my shapshifter may not open each battle with "Hulk Smash"

*I do not get to shout "Finish Him" before each coup de grace

*I may not have a young sidkick named short round

*I may not take ranks in profession (archeologist)

*I may not have a walking carpet as a sidekick
    **May not engage in bilingual dialog with him

*My Father's name is not Harry, nor is my name Ford. Thus I may not introduce myself as "Harry's son Ford"
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

My two bladed sword kensai/acrobat may not place brilliant energy on both of the blades.

19. - Top - End - #859

WolfInSheepsClothing

*I may no longer engage in the mass mind rape of the citizens of an allied nation without the consent of said nation and its allies.
    **Convincing said nation and its allies that the act was morally justified after the fact is to be considered poor form.

20. - Top - End - #860

SwashbucklerGuy

* May not make an awakened dog artificer with an inept commoner "master" who takes one rank in a different profession each level…

*It does.*

What.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

* Half-dragon half-ogres are not a valid race choice. Especially if you try to then take aberrant feats. Only mongrelfolk are allowed to be that much of a mutt.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

*I am not to stack templates just to spite whatever dm is using the above rule.

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * May not make an awakened dog artificer with an inept commoner "master" who takes one rank in a different profession each level…
    Is there an explanation for this? I feel like I should know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

24. - Top - End - #864

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Is there an explanation for this? I feel like I should know it.
    Wallace and Gromit, much? Probably could have added "Mustn't make complex Rube-Goldberg-esk machines to do everyday tasks" and "Can't have a penguin who disguises as a chicken as an arch rival"…

*It does.*

What.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

*Even if we didn't plan it out in advance, my oracle is forbidden from worshiping our party's tetori as a messianic figure due to backstory synergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

26. - Top - End - #866

BlueKnightGuy

* wiping out a small island miles away is not an acceptable method of intimidating someone
    ** Especially not if the person I'm tyring to intimidate asks me to prove I did so
    *** Especially, especially not to repeate procedure centered on myself to prove I did so...
    **** I am not allowed near casters and/or intimidate

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

*I am to stop pulling out the star wars roleplaying game in hopes that I can slip something in to a game of d20 modern.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    * I may not use calculus as a metaphor for anything in DnD. Even if I use it properly, the odds that the person I am talking to will pick up on it, understand it, and properly be able to use it themselves is too slim.
    ** Quantum Field Theory is right out.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    ** Quantum Field Theory is right out.
    *** Know what, let's just go ahead and say that the hard sciences and fantasy roleplay are mutually antithetical to each other and be done with it.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    * wiping out a small island miles away is not an acceptable method of intimidating someone
    ** That's what wiping out populated cities is for.