New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the thread for the discussion, celebration and support of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Asexual, Allied, and Queer individuals!

Here's the in-thread rules!
    1. No adult sexual content. It's against site rules.
    2. Let's keep things as A-political as possible.
    3. Similarly, try to leave religion out of it.
    4. NO discussing if LGBTAetc. is "good" or "right" for the above reasons, mostly.
    5. Everyone is welcome. L, G, B,T, A, Q, A, N, V, P, R, Q, Ω, ♅, everyone. As long as they behave themselves.

If you have a question or two about LGBTA+, you can ask it here! You can ask for advice and support in here, or anonymously at:

http://anonmail.smeenet.org/

and your comment can be sent and posted here.

In addition, many members are willing to give private advice one on one, either through email or PM. The best ways to do this are initiating the PM, or asking for PM help in thread.

Previous threads, because archives are important.

And the community's previously posted list of Thousand&Wordster Dictionary of Commonly Used LGBTAitP Words and Phrases, originally scribed by AThousandWords (now Qaera) and added to thereafter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lagerbeta: A fine brewski to be drunk by queers and allies.
    LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*
    Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender
    LGBTA: LGBT+Asexual/Allies
    QUILTBAG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q - Queer and Questioning
    U - Unidentified
    I - Intersex
    L - Lesbian
    T - Transgender, Transexual
    B - Bisexual
    A - Asexual
    G - Gay, Genderqueer

Allies: Straight people that support equality for sexuality and gender minorities.
    MtF: Male-to-Female: A woman born with male nibblies, who may or may not be seeking HRT and/or SRS. (AKA: trans woman)
    FtM: Female-to-Male: A man born with female nibblies, who may or may not be seeking HRT and/or SRS. (AKA: trans man)
    GQ: Genderqueer.
    CS: Cis-sexual: sex and gender match (a male with male nibblies, a female with female nibblies.
    TS: Transsexual: Sex and gender disparity.
    HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's take more progestrogens and oestrogens and FtM's take more testosterone (I think?)
    SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa depending on direction. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.
    FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Plastic surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Not very common.

Man: A cisman or transman. Male.
    Woman: A ciswoman or transwoman. Female.
    Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.
    Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between male and female.
    Agendered: Someone who feels neither male nor female.
    Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa.
    Masculine: Something generally associated with men.
    Feminine: Something generally associated with women.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.
    Gay: A man who is attracted to men.
    Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their gender.
    Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.
    Bisexual: A person who is attracted to both male and female people.
    Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender.
    Asexual: A person who does not feel any/some sexual attraction.
    Demisexual: A person who is only sexually attracted to someone(s) they have formed an intense emotional relationship with.
    Androsexual: A person (of any gender identity) who is sexually attracted to the male-bodied form.
    Gynosexual: A person (of any gender identity) who is sexually attracted to the female-bodied form
    Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.
    Radosexual: A person who is only attracted to rad people.
    Pomosexual: A person who avoids SO labels.

Sexual Orientation: How one identifies who they are attracted to. (SO)
    Gender Identity: How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other". (GI)
    Gender Expression: How one expresses their GI to society. (GE)
    Significant Other(s): Person you are in a relationship with. (SO)

TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA
    Last edited by Qaera; 2012-04-13 at 05:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Would that greater-than-next-to-a-vertical-line symbol work? (I've only ever seen it in Dwarf Fortress >.>)
    You mean like <| ? Or I could use a thorn. Þ

Of course, thorn works best with smilies ;Þ

Well, there's no reason someone would have to keep being attracted to a given sex while being married to the other. There's also no reason they can't be, though. It doesn't really make sense to measure sexuality by who someone's actively pursuing sex with.
    This is a Combination of obvious and confusingly arcane which really usin means I haven't actually thought about it at all.

I should be careful with that school of thought, though - there's no way I could put up with having a beard.
    As shucks, beards aren't that bad. I mean, they
    I'm lying out of mark they're terrible there is hair erupting from my skin and making it scritchy and it only goes away when I traumatized I with a knife and gets its revenge by coiling beneath the surface for a terrible guerrilla assault with swelling and pain. Being able to look like Merlin is not suitable payment and when I talk to my reincarnation receptionist this go-round I will chew them out for selling me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    It's gotta have stars on it or the magic won't work.
    Nah, it was always gettin the proper cant to the cone, while maintaining a relatively level brim what supplied the magic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post
    Oh, wow. I did not enjoy that survey at all. *:(!
    Emotional rant ahead: (spoilered due to content related to sexual assault and difficult stuff)

Spoiler
    Show

At one point there's a bunch of questions regarding the most serious physical or sexual assault that's happened to you in the past five years.*
    I was the victim of a sexual assault some years ago, and being asked a bunch of questions about the situation (and the offender (and how I handled it)) by a machine survey has shaken me pretty badly.

The worst part is, I can't help but feel that I'm being too sensitive about it and am being selfish for wishing they had put some kind of trigger warning up before.
    Except that there really is no being too sensitive about this. Or at least, it is obvious that it stirred up a whole lot of bad feelings and I have to acknowledge them now I'm aware of them.*
    I guess they decided not to include a "skip this if it makes you uncomfortable"-button for practical reasons, but that doesn't really prevent me from feeling weird now.

I guess what I can take with me from the survey is that I'm not done working with it. Complicated. *sigh*

Of course, it doesn't help that the assault has been surfacing the past few weeks due to a guy I met in a bar who wanted me to be more... assertive in our .. conversation - and that started a lot of thoughts about power, powerlessness and how I feel about my body and other people. Kind of hard to talk about in polite company, but I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes.

And I really needed to get this off my chest.

Also.
    Hello! I guess it's been.. months? since I posted here. *waves*
    I've been lurking a bit, though. You're still pretty swell. :)

It's SPRING in Denmark, and aside from days with pouring rain, time for wearing short shorts and reading books outside. Book reading is, of course, mainly a front for looking at cute guys in short shorts.
    There has been no toe-stepping, and it's good to get that sort of stuff off your chest. You know these problems exist; now you can deal wih them safely before they bite you. I call that a win, even if it hurt (provided you're okay afterward)

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    ~Bianca

Now your post is finished. Your specialness should not be forgotten, just like I put a personal line in my signature about a week after joining. For relevance. You are special, and B(P)/T
    I cannot articulate well my point, but you have my respect for that, whatever it means to you.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    now I'm curious... Has this thread ever springboarded a relationship?
    There were two that I can recall from back in thread 1, but I'm not sure if they're still together and not sure I'm comfortable naming names from years before my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I've found through the unusually large (read: more than HALF) of the (and specifically) the lesbian and female bisexual population at my school are actually faking it due to not wanting to be in a relationship.

Yeah, it's cruel. Yes, I realize now this is what happened to me, and that I pushed my ex too far. I now feel awful for an entirely different reason.

How do I know this? I asked plenty of girls who learn this stuff from the very girls I'm talking about. Don't take this as offense. It's not in any way.
    The usual parlance is LUG - lesbian until graduation. The assumption of a role because it is acceptable and profitable, no genuine. It's been a Thing for about a decade now, probably longer. A sad thing, too. As far as I have seen, it makes actually being a lesbian harder; most girls assume you're faking, and are wigged out when that turns out not to be the case. It's... Weird.

Ach. Phone dying; more later.
    ... Should probably sleep, too >>;

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did you just slip your symbol into the first post? :P

Cause it is the cool thing to do, I'll nab a symbol. It will do for now until I get a better one :P

-Lea
    Last edited by Lea Plath; 2012-04-13 at 05:47 AM.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    You mean like <| ? Or I could use a thorn. Þ

Of course, thorn works best with smilies ;Þ
    Thorn? It's þonn thank you very much.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Personal symbols? Nah, not for me.
    ... wait, I'm French-speaking, I've got a bunch of symbols on my keyboard you may not even know existed.
    Alright, I found my new in-post signature.

~ çÇ

[/frenchjerk]
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    *Hugs* I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Non-heteronormative marriages... Well, they're a sign that times are changing. They imply hope (if that makes any sense - wait, no, even if it didn't ).

~Bianca
    (Plus everyone else who replied to me and said somewhat similar things.)

It did make sense - to me at least. I guess I'm a bit cautious about going too far on the LGBT activism thing, I've seen far too many people who end up discriminating against everyone who isn't part of whichever minority they belong to. *sigh* Sadly, discrimination and prejudice are pretty much built in to the human brain, and it's almost impossible to not end up doing that, at least a little.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I may not be posting as much for the next few weeks. Borrowed an old computer game from my brother.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Subscribing!
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Personal symbols? Nah, not for me.
    ... wait, I'm French-speaking, I've got a bunch of symbols on my keyboard you may not even know existed.
    Alright, I found my new in-post signature.

~ çÇ

[/frenchjerk]
    I no longer have those with my new laptop. :<
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Being part of the group who doesn't much care for the subtitles, I care even less for two pages of discussing salad-related puns. [/crotchety]

From the last thread
    @Carecalmo: Thank you for being so nice about the survey thing. Hope you're feeling better!

@Kneenibble: When I say I appreciate "rocks", I'm talking about everything from barely lithified crumbly shale right up to 4 billion year old gneiss, and certainly including gems. I wouldn't be so crude as to call gems rocks. I might call them minerals if I was speaking in more general terms, but to suggest that "minerals" would be a slur towards gems is to do a disservice to those beautiful and fascinating minerals formed at lower pressure-temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I may not be posting as much for the next few weeks. Borrowed an old computer game from my brother.
    What game?

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Well, I cheated to find the uppercase one, and I rarely use ç since I mostly write in English these days. Want some lowercase ones?
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Well, I cheated to find the uppercase one, and I rarely use ç since I mostly write in English these days. Want some lowercase ones?

-----

Oh, and Kender, don't worry about the survey, it wasn't your fault.

First world trans* problems:
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

(I've had this happen. >.> )
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

-----

Spoiler
    Show

The link isn't working.
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, this should work.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm found this story on Yahoo which might be of interest to our feminine crew, especially Miss Wizard:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/chivalry-se...175610345.html

Apparently the whole "women and children first" thing is a myth according to research. Makes me wonder what would happen on an LGBTAP cruise....

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm found this story on Yahoo which might be of interest to our feminine crew, especially Miss Wizard:

Apparently the whole "women and children first" thing is a myth according to research. Makes me wonder what would happen on an LGBTAP cruise....
    What would happen is that while everybody else is arguing or panicking, I'm gonna steal a lifeboat and several wallets.
    ... wait, did I say that out loud?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    What game?
    Galactic Civilizations 2. I love me a 4X game.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

We would go in order of queerness, obviously...
    *murmurs* Okay, I'm trans so that's 15 points, being pansexual adds another 12, ....

Also, yay for people being sexist asses in the comment thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Galactic Civilizations 2. I love me a 4X game.
    I love 4X games. I've never played Galactic Civilizations 2 aside from the demo though. >.>
    My favourite one is probably Alpha Centauri, which aside from being a really good game also had a very diverse cast of leaders and just had so much flavour; with every scientific discovery coming along with commentary from the leaders, etc....

*runs of to play*
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. These threads are moving fast! And there's new people! Hi people!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Bluewind! Hi!

*hugs?*
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    "Level up: Go to a bed to meditate on what you've learned."
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Bluewind! Hi!

*hugs?*
    Hugs are appreciated, yes. I haven't had a very good last couple of days.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

New thread!

Ok so this is a big day...got a few tests, going to a comic shop...

And im coming out of my closet to my parents.

Its the right day and I got some help from a counselur of sorts. She has help me out a lot.

But im SUPER nervous .

Any tips?
    Poems!
    Awesome people saying awesome things.
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you.

I like that meme!

Heehee. "Miss Wizard"! Of course, I prefer Ms.

Also, that's very interesting. It's difficult to break down that sort of information. We should start installing cameras on the lifeboats to check people's behaviour as they're getting on.

Also, loads of people in the comments appear to be going with some kind of "Of course, we don't have to be chivalrous, because women want 'equal rights'. Bet they don't want the equal rights now, do they? They forgot men protect their delicate selves from drowning. Hur hur." That annoys me.

I think it should be children and parents, then young people.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    New thread!

Its the right day and I got some help from a counselur of sorts. She has help me out a lot.

But im SUPER nervous .

Any tips?
    Well if you can't find what you want in the shop don't be afraid to ask the cashier for assistance that's usually part of their job.

As for the other thing I have no experience there but I do wish you good luck and hope that it will go well.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-13 at 08:59 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Did you just slip your symbol into the first post? :P

Cause it is the cool thing to do, I'll nab a symbol. It will do for now until I get a better one :P

-Lea
    Who, me~? *looks around*

Eek! Spider legs D:

AZERTY no longer?
    Oh, this should work.
    Also second, third, and fifth world problem. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Hey! *hugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    New thread!

But im SUPER nervous .

Any tips?
    Do it tomorrow! It's Friday the 13th! O:

~

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Who, me~? *looks around*

Eek! Spider legs D:

AZERTY no longer?

Also second, third, and fifth world problem. :P

Hey! *hugs*

Do it tomorrow! It's Friday the 13th! O:

~
    But it is friday the 13?

Its a good as day as any.
    Poems!
    Awesome people saying awesome things.
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Also, loads of people in the comments appear to be going with some kind of "Of course, we don't have to be chivalrous, because women want 'equal rights'. Bet they don't want the equal rights now, do they? They forgot men protect their delicate selves from drowning. Hur hur." That annoys me.

I think it should be me first and then whoever can claw hir way through the throng.

― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Heehee. "Miss Wizard"! Of course, I prefer Ms.

Also, that's very interesting. It's difficult to break down that sort of information. We should start installing cameras on the lifeboats to check people's behaviour as they're getting on.

Sorry, I really should have put a warning on that link - Yahoo comments are the very anti-thesis of these boards. There are sections of /b/ nicer than them.