New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default D&D Theives' Guild

Day 1:
    "To: The Mayor of Commoner's Village

To Whom It May Concern,
    For many years, the fair city of Luna has been plagued by theives belonging to a guild. Our recent efforts to try and remove the Theives' Guild from our city have been for the most part successful; however, there is some concern that theives from Luna may enter and try to establish footholds in smaller villages. We have reason to believe that a small number of them may have entered your village, and integrated themselves into your local community. Take caution.

Signed, Constable F. Leon"

This is the note found on the body of Deckmaster, a courier sent from Luna to Commoner's Village. He lies dead on the footsteps of the Mayor's house. A dagger is in his back.

Deckmaster, a courier, was assassinated.

The Roster:
    1. Atreyu the Masked Llama
    2. DarkCorax
    3. Exachix
    4. Gnome Barbarian
    5. Vonriel
    6. Warpfire777
    7. weebl

The Graveyard:
    Deckmaster, a courier, was assassinated on Night 0.
    Bassetking, a Druid and the Cleric, was lynched on Day 1.
    Castaras, a Druid and the Ranger, was assassinated on Night 1.
    Inky13112, a Commoner, was lynched on Day 2.
    Kantur, a Commoner, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
    Kyrian, a Druid, was assassinated on Night 2.
    Pingcode20, the Shadowdancer, was lynched on Day 3.
    Lord Fullbladder, a Rogue, was auto-lynched on Day 3.
    Captain van der Decken, a Druid and the Wizard, was assassinated on Night 3.
    janusnori, the Blackguard, was lynched on Day 4.
    [Insert Neat Username Here], a Commoner and the Monk, was auto-lynched on Day 4.
    Raistlin1040, a Commoner, was auto-lynched on Day 4.
    Alarra, a Commoner, was assassinated on Night 4.
    Shadow, a Rogue, was lynched on Day 5.
    Rumda, a Commoner and the Sorcerer, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
    Helgraf, a Commoner and the Bard, was assassinated on Night 5.
    Zeb the Troll, a Commoner, was lynched on Day 6.
    Selrahc, a Commoner, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
    Strategos, a Commoner and the Rookie, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
    Emerald Rose, a Commoner and the Barbarian, was assassinated on Night 6.
    Ink, a Rogue, was killed by the Barbarian on Night 6.

The Roles:
    Barbarian: Rage: The Barbarian can take out 1 other person when killed. If lynched, the Barbarian can take out one of his accusers; if assassinated, he will take out a Rogue at random. If killed by other means, he takes out his attacker. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Bard: Works the Illusionist/Witch/Warlock. False Vision: He can make 1 player appear to have a different role and alignment to Investigate or Hide in Plain Sight, but not to Detect Good/Evil or Track. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Blackguard: The Paladin's evil counterpart. Detect/Smite Good: As one of Evil's most resolute champions the Blackguard's ultimate objective is to eradicate good above all else. The Blackguard can either "Detect Good" at night, or kill someone who's Good. Detect Good shows the Blackguard a player's alignment, but not their role. The Blackguard can only kill someone they've detected as Good. Wins if all Good players are killed. Must be evil and a Rogue.

Chief: Works like the Seer. Investigate: Can see if someone is a Commoner or a Rogue, their alignment, and if they have a special role. Must be Good and cannot be a Rogue.

Cleric: Raise Dead: The Cleric can raise 1 player from the dead 1 time during the game. This person can't vote, be voted for, or be assassinated for 3 days. This person has a chance of having their alignment switched upon resurrection. The Cleric cannot use this ability on himself. This action does not reveal the Cleric. Even after they use this ability, they will still be revealed as the Cleric when killed. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Commoner: Works like the Villager. Basically, it means you are not a Rogue. May be good, evil or neutral.

Druids: Works like the Masons. They know each other and know that the other druids are not Rogues. May be good, evil or neutral, but cannot be a Rogue.

Duelist: Works like the Baner. Canny Defense: He can protect 1 other person or himself from assassination every night. May be good, evil or neutral, but cannot be a rogue.

Fighter: A veteran of many battles, the Fighter can defend himself from almost any attack. Although even his skill and determination can be overcome. Combat Expertise: The Fighter has a 50% chance of surviving a Smite Good/Evil or assassination, but not an attack by a Sorcerer or Wizard with an offensive ability. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Monk: Evasion: Having reached the pinnacle of Monkhood, perfecting both Body and Mind, the Monk can survive blows that would kill a normal person. The first time the Monk is killed in any way (except autolynching), the result is ignored and the player revealed as the Monk. If he is resurrected, he regains use of Evasion. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Paladin: Detect/Smite Evil: As one of Good's most resolute champions the Paladin's ultimate objective is to eradicate evil above all else. The Paladin can either “Detect Evil” at night, or kill someone who’s Evil. Detect Evil shows the Paladin a player's alignment, but not their role. The Paladin can only kill someone that they‘ve detected as Evil. Wins if all Evil players are killed. Must be good and cannot be a Rogue.

Ranger: Track: The Ranger can tell who is a Rogue and who isn't. Works like the Chief, only he can't see roles beyond Rogue and Commoner. Track is not affected by False Vision. May be good, evil, or neutral, but cannot be a Rogue.

Rogue: Works like the Wolf. The Rogues vote every night to decide who to assassinate. Their goal to is to take over the village. They will do this by assassinating the Commoners one by one until their numbers are equal. May be good, evil, or neutral.

Rookie: Works like the Fool. Thinks he's the Chief. Investigate: Tries to see if someone is a Commoner or a Rogue and their alignment, but gets a random result instead. Sees the Chief as the Rookie. If the Chief is killed, he becomes the Chief for real, including becoming good if he is not already. Thinks he is good, whether he really is or not, and cannot be a Rogue.

Shadowdancer: Works like the Devil. Hide in Plain Sight: He can spy on people from the shadows and see if they have a special role. Must be evil and a Rogue.

Sorcerer: Power Over Versatility: Picks 1 of 7 schools at the start of the game and gains an ability based on that school. The ability will be more powerful than either of the Wizard's abilities. May be good, evil, or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Wizard: Versatility Over Power: Picks 2 of 7 schools at the start of the game and gains abilities based on those schools. Neither ability will be as powerful as the Sorcerer's lone ability. Can still only use 1 ability per night. May be good, evil, or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Night 5 ends at 7:00 PM, EST Saturday
    Last edited by Deckmaster; 2007-05-31 at 11:54 AM.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Theives' Guild (D&D WW)

"Who would do this to deckmaster... was sucha good courier? I vow to help fidn the killer of my friend Deckmaster!!"

He looks around at everyone suspiciously.

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Killing the messenger? That's dirty. Leaving his message and body behind seems quite careless to me though. Do you suppose it's supposed to be a fear tactic? You know - that the thieves are so well infiltrated that they don't care that we know they've infiltrated? Unpleasant bit of business that."
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Raistlin1040, I point at you.

*Striding across the square, boots clacking against the Cobblestones, Sandolphus Q. Bassette advances. The chain of his office as the president of The Luna Commoner's City Homeowner's Associtation clicking and clanking in his labored, rapid furor.*

You've painted your house in colors contrasting to the theme of your neighborhood, have been negligent in upkeep, and persist in allowing your roof tiles to face WEST. ALL in FLAGRANT Violation of Homeowner's Association Rules! The only kind of person that would do something like that would be a filthy, low-down, no-good THIEF.
    Last edited by Bassetking; 2007-05-11 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Town name clarification

5. - Top - End - #5
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((Hmm. I'm having trouble coming up with an RP idea for this one. How about Luke Duke (and not that lame-o from the movie either, I'm talking about Tom Wopat)?))

*A bright orange Charger comes racing up to the Duke family farm, kicking up a thick cloud of gravel and dust as it slides to a halt right next to the porch. A strapping young dark haired man crawls out of the driver's side window wearing tight jeans and a tighter t-shirt.*

Uncle Jesse! Someone's gone and laid out Enis, errr, Deckmaster right there on main street. We're not sure who all's involved, but one thing's for certain, Boss Helgraf is behind it.

*Luke The Duke, without waiting for a response, runs off to the barn to gather up some exploding arrows for his compound bow.*
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #6

Alarra points at Rumda.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Theives' Guild

((Hey Deck, any chance of including the role descriptions in the first post?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Ask and ye shall receive.

Also, the name of the village this is taking place in is Commoner's Village. Luna is merely where the Rogues come from. I made up those names on the spot; can you tell?

9. - Top - End - #9

(I'll point later. I'm reviewing voting patterns now.)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

* Ink points at... Captain Decken

((First day and all, since he pointed at me in another game I figured I'd return the favour.))

11. - Top - End - #11

DrowGirl

A young drow archer leans on her longbow, watching those from the safety of the forest shadows. She smirks, eyes suspicious of everyone. A snarling, spitting wolf makes its slow way over to the spot beside her, fangs dripping with blood and saliva. She smiles at the wolf.

Come, my friend.

She steps out into the light, heading down to the village. She turns to regard those in the village square.

We heard you were having a few roguish problems, that we may be able to help with.

She regards those in the square, turning to regard(point at) Kantur.

You. Where were you when these things happened?
    Last edited by Castaras; 2007-05-12 at 08:07 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exachix looks around and hmms... looking and evaluating.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The moon elven dancer steps out of the village's only tavern, having heard a messenger was murdered, trying to understand why...Who would tempt the gods by destroying one who was protected by them?

She sees in the square one of her dark elven cousins, whom she immediately suspects as having a hand in this disgraceful act, and the Emerald Rose points at Castaras. Who are you, Dark One, who just happens here, when a foul wind blows through our village?
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-05-12 at 12:03 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

14. - Top - End - #14

DrowGirl

The drow tilts her head slightly, smirking, leaning on her longbow.

So...one of the filth related to our race lives here. One of those who betrayed us.

The drow spits on the ground in disgust, before turning her darkest glare on the moon-elf.

Why I've come? Maybe because I would rather see this village still standing, rather than ran by rogues. Have you seen what these rogues would do? Burn the trees. Destroy the place I live in, hunt in, idle away the time in. Stupid little moon elf. Can't you see that I would only want the better for this village? The village that encourages the wildlife here? The village that leaves me to my own ends?

She studies the handle of her bow, idly drawing it, flexing it carefully. The wolf growls, watching the moon-elf with a blood thirsty look in its eyes.

Oh, I could spin many a tale of the villages that find me, and try and kill me. None succeeded though...

The drow chuckles darkly.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The Emerald Rose is intrigued by the words of her dark cousin, and stops pointing for now.

You speak as though you truly love the forest. I confess I find myself at a loss, and somewhat reluctant to believe you. You insult out of one side of your mouth, and speak of beauty out of the other. Convince me of your desire to see the forests undespoiled and the people here kept alive and free. Denounce her whom your people serve. Then perhaps we can work together to discover who has done this.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-05-11 at 05:31 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

16. - Top - End - #16

Kyrian pulls a llama and points at Exachix

((I won't be around much this weekend, if at all, so I kindly ask to refrain from autolynching me.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

17. - Top - End - #17

DrowGirl

The forest is my home...the place I spend all my days. How could I not love its beauty...

The wolf's snarling quietens slightly.

Denounce the one my people serve? I assume you are speaking of Lolth, queen of spiders? True, I may acknowledge as one of those who saved our peoples. But no, I do not "worship" her, as such.

The drow smiles cruelly.

But of course, nature isn't only beautiful...Nature has her other sides to the spectrum of plants and animals...Not all of them are cute and sweet sides...
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

The silver elf seems to relax a little. Then you are not a follower of the Spider Queen? Perhaps we can work together after all...I am myself one who loves the forest and all its myriad forms of life.

The Emerald Rose looks around at the others gathered. Someone here must have seen something...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

19. - Top - End - #19

Exachix watches the banter... his own wood elven form slightly unnoticed by the others.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

The gnomish inventor that lives within the village comes running out of his home holding something in his hands.

That something seems to be smoking a bit....

"Look what I've discovered! I've figured out a way to turn ordinary bread into an....."

Kaboooooom!!!

The smoldering bread explodes in his hands and takes off two of the gnome's fingers.
    With his good hand he throws the remains at Warpfire777.

As a trail of smoke rises from his ears and hair, the little gnome heads back to his home/lab and mutters "Back to the drawing board...."

21. - Top - End - #21

The other gnome is the village looks at the inventor and shakes his head.

"Dude thats not cool, Im the gnome of the village."

He continues to shake his head as he looks at who is pointing at whom.

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Exlpoding bread? Only a rogue could invent that!
    I point at Shadow!
    Proud owner of a Disatar!
    Winner of PGS Round 14!
    My Ceikatars & Evatar!
    I'm back guys! Don't get too excited!

I have no life, only an existance.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The dancer watches the gnomes arguing over the explosion and wonders if either of them could have been involved in the murder.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Barbarian View Post
    "Dude thats not cool, Im the gnome of the village."
    The inventor sticks his still smoking head out of the window and replies "Yeah, well there's a new Deputy in town! I wanted to be Sheriff, but they told me that I was too short...."
    After the gnome's head disappears within his lab a loud *Clang!* is heard before a purple gopher runs out of the door.
    The charred gnome chases it out the door and yells "
    Come back here daggnabbit! I need you to power the wheel that runs the bal...."

His voice is lost in the woods as he pursues the renegade gopher.

25. - Top - End - #25

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

A rather scrawny specimen of the goblin variety, sitting in a formerly neatly-swept-up pile of dust at the side of the street/square, looks up from his large, ungainly book to watch the inventor run into the woods.

"Gnomes," he says, shaking his head slightly.

Then, having realized he reached the end of a chapter, he stands up to stretch his legs and find out the latest happenings. Then, after learning everything there was to find out, he decides he agrees with Duke Luke, or whatever, and points passively at Helgraf.

That done, he returns to his book.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

26. - Top - End - #26

Shadow's invention seems quite roguish. And we all know that "rogue" really means "thief." Points at shadow
    Spoiler
    Show
    Founder of the Guy in a Fancy Cape Fanclub.
    Trophies:
    2nd best discworld avatar
    2nd best discworld sigatar
    Caption contest wins: 5th place, 1st place
    Founder of the invisible message army.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

The Mid-Day Report:

Okay, I know it's a couple of hours late. I couldn't get on earlier. Hopefully this won't be a repeating pattern.

So far, the vote is divided amongst numerous suspects. This is to be expected; it's only Day 1. Here's the votes so far:

Shadow
    [Insert Neat Username Here]
    weebl
    Total votes: 2

Helgraf
    Lord Fullbladder
    Zeb the Troll
    Total votes: 2

Warpfire777
    Shadow
    Total votes: 1

Exachix
    Kyrian

Kantur
    Castaras

Captain van der Decken
    Ink

Rumda
    Alarra

Raistlin1040
    Bassetking

28. - Top - End - #28

I doan want to do this, but I doan want to die either.

* Helgraf points at Shadow *

Someone please give me a better target before nightfall?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Switches point to Rumda

And you! Always leaving the flag on your mailbox in innapropriate positions!

30. - Top - End - #30

Hmm. Personally, I'm leaning towards lynching BassetKing. This is because he was the first to point today. Of course people are going to say, but what smart rogue would point first and thus attract attention to himself, seeing as they already know someone will die on the first day, and don't need to kick it off. Well that reasoning is exactly WHY a rogue would point first. People tend to automatically assume the first pointer is innocent. You can see excellent examples of this in games like WW VI in which Castaras repeatedly dodges a close lynch. Therefore a smart rogue would be the first to point on the first day, thus making himself look more innocent.

In addition to this reasoning, notice how he has changed his point. He was pointing at Raistlin, but when he saw no one was going for it, he switched to Rumda, who there is already a vote for. He didn't switch to one of the two vote people as that would seem suspicious, but instead brought another 2 vote person to the scene, trying to give lots of options for us villagers to kill.

Better enough reason for you Helgraf?

I point at Bassetking