New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Wait, Truenamers get Sor/Wiz spells?
    No no no. Tome of Magic introduces a number of spells that involve truenames for the use of standard casters in addition to adding the whole truenaming system.

541. I may not join a group, play for a few weeks, then mysteriously disappear. I may not then refuse to answer calls, E-mail and the like. And then show up three months later and ask "So guys, what did I miss?".

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

541. I may not dare to challenge my girlfriend to a versus combat between my giant undead scorpion behemoth cohort and her permanently rebuked hecatoncheires turned to cohorts for the title of "master summoner" in the middle of a battle. Ever. Again.
    542. I may not send a shopkeeper to a planar prison just because he wanted me to pay in cash.
    543. I may not start the wightapocalypse in a major city because some drunk commoner called me a witch. Again.
    544. I may never have another giant undead scorpion behemoth cohort. Ever.
    545. I may not conspire with my fellow players to get drunk the Dm to allow things like a giant undead scorpion behemoth cohort. Never ever again.

(actually all of these are true

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    No no no. Tome of Magic introduces a number of spells that involve truenames for the use of standard casters in addition to adding the whole truenaming system.

541. I may not join a group, play for a few weeks, then mysteriously disappear. I may not then refuse to answer calls, E-mail and the like. And then show up three months later and ask "So guys, what did I miss?".
    That happened?
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    That happened?
    I haven't seen it, though it wouldn't surprise me if it had happened somewhere. And if I were the DM I would want to strangle the player.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Banned

I haven't seen it, though it wouldn't surprise me if it had happened somewhere. And if I were the DM I would want to strangle the player.
    546: None of the dungeonscape poisons are available for sale....ANYWHERE. Unless I'm building a dungeon.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Numbers are off again, 541 is doubled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

548. No more awakened baboon spirit shamans. Not because of power concerns, but because the group doesn't like it when I sing Disney songs at the table.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

549. Awakened Orangutans are out as well.

MrRigger

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

550. I may not play an awakened animal. Period.

550a. I may not play an awakened druid bear who wildshapes into a bear while riding a bear and summoning bears.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

551. My first suggestion may not be "burn them all". and be right.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

552: Antromorphic ape monks named "Kong Fu" are not allowed.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    552: Antromorphic ape monks named "Kong Fu" are not allowed.
    553. "Donkey Kung" is also not allowed.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    553. "Donkey Kung" is also not allowed.
    554. "King Kung" is right out.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

555: As is Mighty Joe Kung
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

556: Players of Diddy Kung will be shot.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

16. - Top - End - #316

557. My crusader's catch phrase is not "I fight for my friends!"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

558: My Warblade's catchphrase is not "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
    558a: Especially if he multiclassed with a psionic class.

559: My swordsage's catchphrase is not "Kamehameha!"
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

18. - Top - End - #318

560. If our ship has lost a stablizer, having my droid mechanic weld itself to the hull and make balance checks does not count as "fixing it."

561. If our starship is damaged, our plan for getting back off-planet should be "fix the ship" not "steal one of the Star Destroyers that makes up the blockade."

562. Thermal detonators are allowed, they just never end well.

563. When attempting to escape an Imperial blockade in our newly repaired ship, it's probably best if the character operating the ship's shields refrains from giving up actions in order to flirt with another character. No matter how funny it may be, the ship being blown up kind of puts a damper on things.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-07-24 at 02:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

SwashbucklerGuy

564: Not advised to jump off the front of a landing craft until it has come to a full and complete stop.
    565: Not allowed to push any PCs off the front of a landing craft until it has come to a full and complete stop.
    566: Not allowed to push any key NPCs off the front of a landing craft until it has come to a full and complete stop.
    567: Not allowed anywhere near the front of the landing craft EVER AGAIN.
    568: Not allowed to bring grenades or other explosives on any landing craft.
    569: While in the machine gun position, not allowed to aim below the gunwales.
    570: Also not allowed to aim at other landing craft, just because you think it is full of enemy spies.
    571: While piloting a landing craft, not allowed to play chicken with any destroyers, battleships, cruisers, LSTs, or any other ships larger than me.
    572: Not allowed on landing craft EVER AGAIN.
    573: Landing craft are not for target practice.
    574: The same goes for Liberty ships, Victory ships, LSTs, or any other friendly ship.
    575: Not allowed to participate on any landing operation EVER AGAIN.
    576: Not allowed to replace the armored ramp with a plywood lookalike, even if it will "make it go faster."
    577: Not allowed in any landing preparations either.
    578: No longer allowed to shoot at friendly planes, just because the pilot "looked German."
    578a: Especially during air shows.
    578b: This goes double after the war is over.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

20. - Top - End - #320

579. Jump checks are not the solution to every problem, especially not if my character is a bard named Sir Kriss of the Kross.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

580. My elf warblade/eternal blade/factotum is not allowed to wear green clothes.

581. Especially if his spirit guide is named Navi or Ciela.

582. If he does get accepted, I am not allowed to have a legacy longsword that is effective against evil and has its basic stats be a +1 longsword of spell turning.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-24 at 02:17 PM.
    My Steam profile

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    564: Not advised to jump off the front of a landing craft until it has come to a full and complete stop.
    565: Not allowed to push any PCs off the front of a landing craft until it has come to a full and complete stop.
    566: Not allowed to push any key NPCs off the front of a landing craft until it has come to a full and complete stop.
    567: Not allowed anywhere near the front of the landing craft EVER AGAIN.
    568: Not allowed to bring grenades or other explosives on any landing craft.
    569: While in the machine gun position, not allowed to aim below the gunwales.
    570: Also not allowed to aim at other landing craft, just because you think it is full of enemy spies.
    571: While piloting a landing craft, not allowed to play chicken with any destroyers, battleships, cruisers, LSTs, or any other ships larger than me.
    572: Not allowed on landing craft EVER AGAIN.
    573: Landing craft are not for target practice.
    574: The same goes for Liberty ships, Victory ships, LSTs, or any other friendly ship.
    575: Not allowed to participate on any landing operation EVER AGAIN.
    576: Not allowed to replace the armored ramp with a plywood lookalike, even if it will "make it go faster."
    577: Not allowed in any landing preparations either.
    578: No longer allowed to shoot at friendly planes, just because the pilot "looked German."
    578a: Especially during air shows.
    578b: This goes double after the war is over.
    This post is made of win.
    Despite everything, its still me.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

583. I may not take the feat "Improved Hating this Campaign". Even if Gimli did it.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

583. I may not take the feat "Improved Hating this Campaign". Even if Gimli did it.
    584. "DM" is not an option for favored enemy. Even though the bonus on sense motive could come in handy.

585. "This campaign" is also not an option for favored enemy.

586. "The guy playing the chaotic neutral jerk" however, is, if I can figure out how to get the bonuses to apply in real life.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-24 at 07:27 PM.
    My Steam profile

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    584. "DM" is not an option for favored enemy. Even though the bonus on sense motive could come in handy.

585. "This campaign" is also not an option for favored enemy.

586. "The guy playing the chaotic neutral jerk" however, is, if I can figure out how to get the bonuses to apply in real life.
    587. Sadly "Plot-Relevant NPC" is not a valid choice for favored enemy. Even if I do kill them an awful lot...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326

SwashbucklerGuy

588. I cannot get the Self Aware Player Character prestige class.
    589. If I take the Paladin-Knight of the Secret and Bizarre Righteous Order of the Hokey Pokey prestige class, I may not actively RP the character.
    590. I do NOT meet the prerequisites for the Grizzled Old Fart prestige class.
    591. The book Bride of the Portable Hole is forbidden from the game, and may not be mentioned at the table EVER AGAIN.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

591. The book Bride of the Portable Hole is forbidden from the game, and may not be mentioned at the table EVER AGAIN.

*It does.*

What.

"Flumphnomicon"

What.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-07-24 at 08:44 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

SwashbucklerGuy

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole, jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

"Flumphnomicon"

What.
    I just may have to sig this, with your permission of course.

Also:
    592. May not mention unspeakable books to other RP-ers, for fear of breaking their brains.

*It does.*

What.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

I just may have to sig this, with your permission of course.

Also:
    592. May not mention unspeakable books to other RP-ers, for fear of breaking their brains.
    Feel free. And perhaps you should have thought of that rule before posting 591.

593. I may not obtain a Charlie Sheen.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

594: Perform (sex) cannot be used for bardic music in combat.