New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: When is enough enough. Opinions wanted.

Sry to hijack the thread but if your DM is being unreasonable, set up an arena with the same style as the campaign:
    - Low-Magic (except for class...lame)
    - Build to a set level (10, 15, or 20)
    - You build a fighter and wizard
    - He builds a fighter and wizard

Then dual with opposing builds (Your wizard versus his fighter) then switch
    See if this proves anything and if he still disagrees...uh good luck.

Unreasonable?
    TableTopSRD - New d20 system reference site

Spoiler
    Show
    Halfling Thrower
    [INDENT]Warblade 3/Swashbuckler 2/Bloodstorm Blade 4/Swashbuckler 1/Halfling Paragon 3/Master Thrower 5/Bloodstorm Blade 2
    Items: Returning Collision Dagger x2, Gloves of Dex +6, Headband of Int +6, Cloak of Resistance +5
    Damage: 1d3 + 30 per Dagger with 15+ attacks
    Saves: Fort: +27 Ref: +33 Will: +20

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

-1 for "talk to the DM"

These houserules and the attitudes of your fellow players are just indicators of the kinds of problems you're likely to experience as a player with them, and while addressing them specifically might get them to change those particular rules (don't even count on a 50% chance of success here), more stuff will come up as a result of DM stupidity, the massively wrong misconceptions these rules imply and the unencouraging teammates that go along with it.

Just don't game with this group, it's more trouble than it's worth.
    Last edited by FMArthur; 2011-05-23 at 12:39 PM.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

I'm with FMArthur, there. I'd talk just to show I'd given it a chance, but I wouldn't expect much out of it and I'd honestly be more worried if they did give in on those specific points than if they'd been intractable; the latter gives me leave to quit the game with a clear conscience, but the former would mean giving it a chance despite the fact that it's almost certainly not going to have any good coming from it.
    Last edited by Veyr; 2011-05-23 at 12:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Veyr View Post
    I'm with FMArthur, there. I'd talk just to show I'd given it a chance, but I wouldn't expect much out of it and I'd honestly be more worried if they did give in on those specific points than if they'd been intractable; the latter gives me leave to quit the game with a clear conscience, but the former would mean giving it a chance despite the fact that it's almost certainly not going to have any good coming from it.
    If you want to quit, which I would with those rules, then quit. Don't ask for changes if you'll be happier without the changes because then you can quit. Just quit and be happy.

You don't need to justify why you aren't playing a game.

I'm with FMArthur, it's not worth talking about unless that's the only game in town or you particularly like these people. Hence I'm not asking for a fix. If I'm with that group and I'm told those are the houserules I'd have complained prior to session 1 or 2 (or maybe played a druid, but I don't particularly like playing druids), he's played 9 sessions. It's already too much pain.

To quote my statement as to why I hadn't seen some episodes of a TV series: "Partway through the second episode I realized that I'd rather slam my head into a wall at full force repeatedly till I fell unconcious, because at least then the pain would end; but there's a better way to end the pain, I quit watching, so I have no idea about how much season two or three or four or seven may have improved and I don't plan to find out."

Same thing for an RPG. Why put up with suck? Get a book, rewatch Casablanca or A New Hope or the Matrix movie (there was only one, do not watch any alleged sequels).

That game is not intended to be fun for melee, and they told you to play melee. Then they start you down a level with no gear. Then they appear to have nerfed your XP and treasure awards (down a level you should be gaining noticably more XP, down two you should get almost twice as much XP). Why talk when you can just walk?

DougL
    Last edited by Doug Lampert; 2011-05-23 at 01:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

You're probably right. I just feel like I ought to give them a chance, ya know? But realistically, the odds of them turning around and giving me what I want, even given the chance to, are so slim... yeah, probably both more mature and more sensible to say, "ya know what, I don't think this is going to work out."
    Last edited by Veyr; 2011-05-23 at 01:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, there's always revenge, but generally the talking would only be a ruse to lure them into place for the bucket of pudding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, there's always revenge, but generally the talking would only be a ruse to lure them into place for the bucket of pudding.
    Heh, revenge. I was about to jokingly suggest waiting until you rest, taking your turn on watch, and doing one coup de gras per round, but then I had to wonder-can you cleave/great cleave at the end of a coup de gras? With power attack and hiding their gear you might even be able wipe out three is one full round action! (assuming certain feats)

8. - Top - End - #38

NecromancerGuy

I was thinking on the trolls themselves, really. Depending upon the relationship that existed prior to the trolling.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

First of all, to all the people saying he should leave the game without even letting it be known he has a grievance, shame the on you.

If the people don't know he's not having fun, how the hell do you expect them to fix it?

Secondly, the 'on a 1 your full attack ends' rule is a common houserule that came from ADND or 2ED or somewhere originally where full attacks were really good, more powerful than pretty much anything else. This isn't the DM 'hosing melee characters' or whatever. That houserule is common as muck prettymuch everywhere.

I also don't think the DM was specifically trying to hose melee characters with the low magic setting. PCs are special, so it makes sense that even though wizards are rare, a PC could play one. Not the DMs fault in that regard, that everyone went with spellcasters, although it could hint at a higher level of optimization than your average player.

My suggestion? Ask if you can make your character the same level as everyone else. Show them JaronK's tier system, or other proof that the rest of the party is playing stronger classes than you, and it's not fair that you're lower level, too. Add that the 3.5 DMG states that while bringing in new characters at a lower level was previously the practice on older editions of DnD, 3.5 was designed with the expectation that all the characters would be the same level.

If they say 'sure', mention that you're going to be switching your feats around a bit. And then build either a lockdown (locke down) or ubercharger fighter. Fighter 2/Warblade X, actually. Aim to be doing 200ish damage per round, or locking down 40'+ with your reach. Play up your character as much as possible, and take the spotlight where necessary/you can. Sit down with the casters and work out what buffs they can whack on you (and the rogue, who you are going to make your flanking buddy) and make a big deal out of them turning the both of you into Adamantine Supermen pre-fight. They'll get into it. Casters usually can't resist going 'AHAHAHAHA YES SEE MY CREATION AND FEAR IT' when you give them a good enough opportunity. If the wizard doesn't have the right spells, buy scrolls to put into his spellbook. If the DM says 'hur low magic hur', turn it into a quest. Literally, screw suzie and her lost doggie or whatever, your team is going scroll-hunting. If the game is on rails and this exposes it, well, rails that can't think on their feet is reason enough to leave in the first place.

If they go 'no', go 'alright, well, i'll need to change my classes around a bit because you guys are stronger than I thought and we're leveling so slowly'. And then build the roughest, corest, non-cheesest, brutalest, terrifyingest, CoDzilla or Gish that you can get your hands with every allowed sourcebook and a week on BG's MinMax forum. And then proceed to clean house, tear your DM's world a new one, and set everything, absolutely everything, on fire.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Rejakor View Post
    Secondly, the 'on a 1 your full attack ends' rule is a common houserule that came from ADND or 2ED or somewhere originally where full attacks were really good, more powerful than pretty much anything else. This isn't the DM 'hosing melee characters' or whatever. That houserule is common as muck prettymuch everywhere.
    Common =/= good

11. - Top - End - #41

NecromancerGuy

First time I've ever heard of it. It's being reacted to as if it isn't common as muck everywhere. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's a good chance you're just out and out wrong on that count.

As to the rest, your explanation does nothing to negate the point of it "hosing melee characters," that you claim it does, so... Nope, it still is hosing melee characters with an unfair nerf since 3.X is not AD&D and acting like it is brings up the question of why one isn't just playing AD&D like one wants.

I also don't think the DM was specifically trying to hose melee characters with the low magic setting.
    Regardless of what his intent was, he did, and his archetype and what we've seen of his reasoning so far would indicate that he doesn't see what he's done as having any real negatives.
    Not the DMs fault in that regard
    It is as the DM made it so that melee was unplayable so one had to be a fullcaster.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #42

Flumph

Wow, thanks for all the help with the decision guys. Sincerely I feel better just discussing it.

For reference I have spoken to him, several times about the balance issues and general Melee can't have nice things meme. In fact I got him to allow the (TOB)Warblade levels in his game.. though he put his own limitation on them.. Basically you can use your readied abilities 1x per encounter.. no recovery mechanic allowed. So warblade is still nice.. but not nearly as good as in the package.

Several points.

I think you guys may have pretty much nailed my GM's archtype. He has made several comments to the point that "hitting is awefully easy with all that BAB" and such. (With a moderately well built genericaly useful trip build.. halberd/spiked gauntlet style (yeah I don't care for spiked chains thematically, and there wasn't many other options in his game.. no psionics, no custom gear obviously etc etc..) I've been hitting a little over 50% ... so not keeping up with the barrages of magic missiles/fireballs even when I can get something near me.

Which brings up the next point, the casters really don't buff me.. or each other, or themeselves very often. I'd say they're all pretty much acting as blaster style mages. I have several times extolled the virtue of buff spells. So at least the party seems low op enough for me to be noticed occasionally, though even then the scorching rays outdo my damage potential fairly handily. So it could be worse I suppose..

Then there's me as a player. I've got a weird schedule and am running several of my own RPG's (1 4rth ed game, one D&D homebrew, plus Starwars D20, and a few forum games right here) So I'm almost always the GM. This lead me to question weither the houserules were as bad as I thought, or I was just having backseat GM control issues. I rarely get to play, so having a game, despite some rather obvious and frustrating flaws is really nice, if I could just quiet the little gamer in my head that keeps head/desking itself everytime a houserule pops up I'd be happier. Sadly after trying several games this is the "best" I've found locally.. I usually end up going if I want a good game I should just run one.

So my problems are..
    1)Rules heavily favor casters (It is 3.5 I knew it coming in)
    2)The Houserules make this even worse.
    3)Party is frustrating, (lack of teamwork/buffs making myself and others underperform)
    4) 3500 xp over 9 sessions.. while underleveled seems stagnantly slow to me.
    5) The NPC's make me want to stab them (if "friendly". The villians make me consider alignment harmful torture (see other threads) acceptable)

There are however some pros to the game.
    1) I'm not the DM, getting to hang out, make wry comments and not worry about running the game is a rare treat for me.
    2) The DM may be stubborn and have anti melee issues, but he seems to be a decent storyteller and sticks to his guns at least (instead of handing me the game which happens more than I'd like)
    3) The people playing are getting to the point where I'd consider them more friends than fellow players, and this is the only venue for me to hang out with them.
    4)The Birthright setting has lots of potential, I've always wanted to be in a campaign of it.
    5) Sometimes playing with a bad DM makes you a better DM?
    ---------------------------------------
    So since it's a near tie. (I'm real iffy on that last pro..) Anyone have any opinion on the pacing issue. Does 3500 xp over x9, 6 hour or so sessions seems rather slow to me.. but I prefer my adventure high and my fights challenging.

Also for reference we've been through a full dungeon, Ghost(almost died.. got aged to like 70 before going back to town for restores) and a Low level Deathknight. Fought an entire caravan of slavers (including a level 9 wizard and 4 juju zombies) and I've actually gotten props for good roleplaying (made the entire group burst out laughing too)

For which incidentally I recieved a whopping 25 xp bonus.

So again.. are some games just like this or is my personal bias over-inflating the problem.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2011-05-23 at 07:08 PM.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

@ Coidzor and Hirax; Yep. I've played and talked with a lot of people who were playing DnD a long time before I was, mostly at con style events, and that houserule has come up a lot of times. Maybe a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Everyone in this thread is going 'DM IS A BAD PERSON LEAVE HIS GAME IMMEDIATELY'. And yet, his two main 'mistakes' other than the AGAIN oldschool meme of 'starting new characters lower' are mistakes any DM, even a decent DM, could make. Low magic campaign sounds like a great idea, in theory. Full attack ends on a 1 is probably a house fumble rule he's had since like ADND. It's just that in combination, melee gets hosed a little more, and melee can't stand a hosing at all in 3.5. Quitting in a huff because the DM made a mistake is not the mature or the reasonable thing to do, especially when it doesn't look deliberate.

@DMfromtheAbyss;

Again, I really can't stress enough, literally sit down with the wizard, during or before the game, and go through his spell list. Do the same with the cleric. Find out what spells he prepares/has. Then either go 'hey, you should prepare Enlarge Person and Haste and Mass Mirror Image and this and that! That would be really useful because blah blah blah!' If the wizard has objections, you handle them in a positive 'it will make you more awesome' style of manner, and then move on to the cleric. This will hopefully start some groundswell of excitement towards the idea of 'buffing rounds', even if there's inbuilt 'ugh, that's so crap'.

Really? Scorching Ray is outdamaging lockdown AoE and Greater Insightful Strike? Are they actually competently metamagicking it? If so, and their and the DMs focus is on damage not tactics, maybe consider retraining into ubercharger?

Or like I said earlier, ask for same level or rebuild into gish monstrosity.

All games are different. Any game where there is a power imbalance in terms of mechanical capability where mechanics is important, is bad. Any game where people don't understand the rules and have prejudices and preconceptions about it that lead to said power imbalance.. is bad.

Doesn't mean you can't fix it with social engineering, though. Social engineering > all.

You're enjoying the game, and that's actually the harder thing to fix. The preconception 'not getting how the mechanics work' problem can be fixed via either social engineering or minmaxing, and then that would remove a large part of your problems. I basically outlined the two methods in my last post.

EDIT: Oh, and if all else fails with the wizard/other casters, i.e. 'stop trying to tell me what spells to pick omg' whining or whatever, turn it into a personal request. 'I would really like you to have those spells to cast on me and the rogue'. Very few people can resist a personal request, and when they do it's actually pretty bad for their rep in the group... once they notice that others don't think they were in the right, a good % that refuse turn around and agree.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2011-05-23 at 07:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

But he needs one of those, maybe two if he's going with SAD+rerolls. And really, I don't think it takes a genius to look at Contingency and realize that it is an excellent get-out-of-jail-free card.
    I've loved contingency since I ran into it in an old CRPG. It's phenomenal. I still refuse to ban a whole school because of it, playing specialist diviners (ban enchant) instead.

@DMoA:
    Just to reconfirm. Things are exactly as screwed as you think. Your party is incompetent, and your GM has no grasp of how the game works. You should roll a druid post-haste.
    Last edited by Doc Roc; 2011-05-23 at 08:03 PM.
    Lagren: I took Livers Need Not Apply, only reflavoured.
    DocRoc: to?
    Lagren: So whenever Harry wisecracks, he regains HP.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    @DMoA:
    Just to reconfirm. Things are exactly as screwed as you think. Your party is incompetent, and your GM has no grasp of how the game works. You should roll a druid post-haste.
    Agreeing with this.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGuy

Everyone in this thread is going 'DM IS A BAD PERSON LEAVE HIS GAME IMMEDIATELY'.
    Well, I mean, there's always room for jell-O, isn't there? Perhaps I've been a little harsh, but it really does sound like he's being trolled.

Low magic campaign sounds like a great idea, in theory.
    Why do people always say and think that? It doesn't seem to fit with the system of 3.5 at all & just leads to headaches when people try to work out a solution every time I've seen it other than E6ing it which has its own issues.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Bite the DM as hard as you can. This may not solve any of your problems, but it will be highly satisfying.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do people always say and think that? It doesn't seem to fit with the system of 3.5 at all & just leads to headaches when people try to work out a solution every time I've seen it other than E6ing it which has its own issues.
    They say it because they love this idea, dearly, and love this game, dearly, and they think that if they bang the two together hard enough, rainbows will come out.
    Last edited by Doc Roc; 2011-05-23 at 08:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Well not to you, and not to me, but to this guy it did.

'Hey, magic is overpowered in 3.5, so i'll run a LOW MAGIC GAME, voila, PROBLEM SOLVED.' But then he was like 'players should be able to play the class they want to play' and had a durr and then the game was 'casters and the meatshield who can't buy gear anymore'.

He's not intentionally nerfing melee. He just had a durr, that is obvious to you, because you understand why it is a durr, but at the time (possibly now he has a better idea), he didn't understand that it was a durr. People make mistakes. Assuming they are horrible people or hopeless on the basis of one or two mistakes is generally, a mistake.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Well not to you, and not to me, but to this guy it did.

'Hey, magic is overpowered in 3.5, so i'll run a LOW MAGIC GAME, voila, PROBLEM SOLVED.' But then he was like 'players should be able to play the class they want to play' and had a durr and then the game was 'casters and the meatshield who can't buy gear anymore'.

He's not intentionally nerfing melee. He just had a durr, that is obvious to you, because you understand why it is a durr, but at the time (possibly now he has a better idea), he didn't understand that it was a durr. People make mistakes. Assuming they are horrible people or hopeless on the basis of one or two mistakes is generally, a mistake.
    The only problem is that low magic with full power casting isn't.... very low magic at all. In fact, it's pretty much just super perplexing. I'm sure this dood is super froody, but it's just... this is like getting a orange smoothie instead of the orange sofa you expected. The orange sofa might be hideous, but it's better for sitting in than an orange smoothie.
    Last edited by Doc Roc; 2011-05-23 at 08:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't think I have ever played with a rule of roll a one and lose all further attacks. I don't even think it was an optional rule in second edition when I first learned the game, let alone third. I also can't for the life of me figure out what such a rule adds to the game as it isn't fun, realistic, or needed as a balancing mechanism.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Again - you know that, I know that. This guy didn't know that. It is a mistake that you can easily make if you don't understand the math behind the rules and have the 'herp derp core is balaaaanced' mindset that so many many gamers have been brainwashed with.

That houserule is a stupid houserule. Any houserule that hoses melee and doesn't affect casters is a stupid houserule. But again, saying that this guy is a bad DM to the point that you should do something stupidly retributive and then quit in a huff is not something i'm seeing exactly from one mistake and one dumb houserule (that has been around for ages, so i'm guessing he started using it back in the day and never stopped).

Basically, the OP has said that he does like the story and is having fun in the game, the problem is that he's the fighter in a fighter-unfriendly campaign and everyone else is t1 full casters, albeit apparently blaster fullcasters. So, if that part gets fixed, likely his problems will be much less or disappear. That's what i'm saying.

Literally everyone else is advocating revenge, quitting, or both... on some pretty flimsy evidence for that course of action, that I can see.

23. - Top - End - #53

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Bite the DM as hard as you can. This may not solve any of your problems, but it will be highly satisfying.
    Ahahaha... oh man. Sigged.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54

Before this thread I would have actually agreed with Rejakor in saying it's a common rule, it's surprising to me to see people that haven't heard of it. Though it's a terrible rule all the same, along with most other 'fumble on nat 1' rules.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Again - you know that, I know that. This guy didn't know that. It is a mistake that you can easily make if you don't understand the math behind the rules and have the 'herp derp core is balaaaanced' mindset that so many many gamers have been brainwashed with.

That houserule is a stupid houserule. Any houserule that hoses melee and doesn't affect casters is a stupid houserule. But again, saying that this guy is a bad DM to the point that you should do something stupidly retributive and then quit in a huff is not something i'm seeing exactly from one mistake and one dumb houserule (that has been around for ages, so i'm guessing he started using it back in the day and never stopped).

Basically, the OP has said that he does like the story and is having fun in the game, the problem is that he's the fighter in a fighter-unfriendly campaign and everyone else is t1 full casters, albeit apparently blaster fullcasters. So, if that part gets fixed, likely his problems will be much less or disappear. That's what i'm saying.

Literally everyone else is advocating revenge, quitting, or both... on some pretty flimsy evidence for that course of action, that I can see.
    I recommended rerolling!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DMfromTheAbyss View Post
    Anyone have any opinion on the pacing issue. Does 3500 xp over x9, 6 hour or so sessions seems rather slow to me.. but I prefer my adventure high and my fights challenging.

So again.. are some games just like this or is my personal bias over-inflating the problem.
    Yes, some games are low XP. Given that you run rather long gaming sessions, I'm not surprised that the DM has toned down the experience rewards. Not everyone wants to run a game where the PCs have a new level each time they sit down at the table.

That's not a problem. The rest of it does seem to be. Your DM doesn't seem interested in changing things, but if you are enjoying the group, I'd recommend sticking with them. Perhaps you can start writing up a melee Cleric or Druid, either to exchange for your current character in-game (because the other players complain about how weak he is, after all) or for when he inevitably dies.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Yes, some games are low XP. Given that you run rather long gaming sessions, I'm not surprised that the DM has toned down the experience rewards. Not everyone wants to run a game where the PCs have a new level each time they sit down at the table.
    Except, the other PC's did level up.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post

That's not a problem. The rest of it does seem to be. Your DM doesn't seem interested in changing things, but if you are enjoying the group, I'd recommend sticking with them. Perhaps you can start writing up a melee Cleric or Druid, either to exchange for your current character in-game (because the other players complain about how weak he is, after all) or for when he inevitably dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    Except, the other PC's did level up.
    Agreed. You may need to consider a class change so you can gain the full benefits of the game. That being said, there is something screwy with the leveling and exp; as a lower level character you shouldn't be having this difficulty with catching up, especially with other players gaining levels.
    If the DM really wants to make it equal fun for everyone, he should balance out the levels and bring you up to par.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by myancey View Post
    Yeah man, I'd get out while you still enjoy d&d.

I'm sure we can all think of a time where we've set out our dice (all of which were facing up with the numerically highest side), grabbed the character sheet from our folder, our figurine from our bags...and had a cruddy DM begin his game with a "You all start with nothing and are in a dungeon" train-tracked storyline...

As much as it sucks to say, some people aren't meant to DM because they lack the ability to make judgment calls. These people include:

The drug-addled
    Furries
    People who buy Backyard Poultry magazine
    People who post on Rants and Raves (craigslist)
    People who buy hummers
    Professional laser tag players

And this list goes on.

So basically, to sum up, get out while your spirit is intact.
    Your list of hate is slightly...Hatefilled. Its just not very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Your list of hate is slightly...Hatefilled. Its just not very nice
    Yeah, true that. Deleted...I'm too new to earn the ire of the moderators. I just got to be a dwarf.
    Bustin' chops.

I'm pretty certain myancey is absolutely, 100% objectively correct.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah man, I'd get out while you still enjoy d&d.

As much as it sucks to say, some people aren't meant to DM because they lack the ability to make judgment calls. These people include:

The drug-addled
    Furries
    People who buy Backyard Poultry magazine
    People who post on Rants and Raves (craigslist)
    People who buy hummers
    Professional laser tag players

And this list goes on.