New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Immorthos (Race)

The Immorthos

The Immorthos are a race of near immortal humanoids who are said to be unstoppable in combat. They have great regeneration capability and can withstand even the most pressing of forces.

Personality: Immorthos are violent by nature. The are heavily driven by instinct and desire, and by emotion. An Immorthos always acts on what it feels and it feels things quite directly. An Immorthos doesn't play around either, it is serious and has little sense of humor.

Physical Description: Immorthos look like lean muscular men or women, human in appearance, with either black or white hair usually kept short. They have flawless skin, as it never ages past when it hits adulthood and never retains scars or imperfections.

Immorthos
    Humanoid
    +6 Str, +2 Con
    Medium
    30ft speed

Regeneration/damage reduction (Ex): An Immorthos has regeneration and damage reduction equal to 10+its level/HD. Neither of these is overcome by a substance, but by a situation. In a situation where the Immorthos is within 15ft of another Immorthos, its regeneration decreases by 2 per round until it hits 0, When fighting another Immorthos they do not have damage reduction against each other, and have fast healing instead of regeneration against another Immorthos's attacks. Attacks made against an Immorthos with golden weapons within a consecrated area deal normal damage and bypass damage reduction.
    Die Hard (Ex): An Immorthos has the Die Hard feat for free. The Immorthos also becomes immune to effects requiring a Fortitude save unless they would also effect objects.
    Unsleeping (Ex): An Immorthos cannot be rendered unconscious by magic or natural means.
    Static Local (Ex): An Immorthos cannot be pushed, pulled, or moved against its will except by another Immorthos of 1 level lower or more then the Immorthos in question.
    Godly Strength (Ex): An Immorthos is a wellspring of strength. Their strength is considered six times as much when dealing unarmed damage or for determining the amount it can lift. It can wield weapons meant for four sizes larger then it is, and if it gains natural attacks, including unarmed damage, it deals that damage as if it were four sizes larger. For some reason this strength doesn't multiply when dealing damage with normal weapons however. An Immorthos who wields a normal sized weapon packs to much strength for it to handle, and must restrain itself to its normal strength stat or break the weapon after damage is dealt.
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Autohhypnosis, +2 Balance, +2 Climb, +2 Jump, +2 Swim.
    Automatic Languages: Common
    Bonus Languages: Any
    Favored Class: Barbarian (Damage reduction stacks)
    Level Adjustment: 5
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-27 at 04:27 PM.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: The Immorthos (Race)

Once again, they have a pretty good ability, and the rest isn't as good. Withoutheir DR/ regeneration, I would have said +1 LA for 3.5, +0 LA for PF, but with it... A +4 LA with DR and regeneration seems fine, but they will have a pretty lame offensive side...
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Once again, they have a pretty good ability, and the rest isn't as good. Withoutheir DR/ regeneration, I would have said +1 LA for 3.5, +0 LA for PF, but with it... A +4 LA with DR and regeneration seems fine, but they will have a pretty lame offensive side...
    Your right. *edits* How about now?

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, what's the point of this race? To make something that can't be beaten? Doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. In any case, it has no balance at all; as it is, it can't be stopped by anything but a wizard.
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

3.5 we are talking a very powerful race, id give it a LA of +5 but again, many other races get +5's for less than this race, especially some of the half blood species.

pathfinder, i wouldnt allow it myself. but if i did, CR +4 or maybe higher. the weapon size is so broken... you might as well just add a flat force damage bonus to all weapons wielded. instead of using massive weapons un-usable indoors.

"great idea, lets carry a 25 ft. scythe into the 5 ft. by 30 ft. hallway."

"oh lets turn now."

*cleric screams as he is cut in half by oversized weapon*
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2012-06-23 at 08:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    3.5 we are talking a very powerful race, id give it a LA of +5 but again, many other races get +5's for less than this race, especially some of the half blood species.

pathfinder, i wouldnt allow it myself. but if i did, CR +4 or maybe higher. the weapon size is so broken... you might as well just add a flat force damage bonus to all weapons wielded. instead of using massive weapons un-usable indoors.

"great idea, lets carry a 25 ft. scythe into the 5 ft. by 30 ft. hallway."

"oh lets turn now."

*cleric screams as he is cut in half by oversized weapon*

The oversized weapons is both part of the fun and a limiting factor.

+5 it is.

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

So, at ecl 6, this race has the following:

Immunity to ever being damaged, except in a very specific situation.

Immunity to any special maneuver (trip, grapple, swallow whole, bull rush) as well as several different spells (Baleful Transposition, Slide), except in a very specific situation.

Immunity to being unconscious (which is redundant with Diehard, btw).

Assuming an 18 in strength (For 24 total), the ability to deal 2d6+67 damage with each individual punch. (Sure, you have no BAB, so you aren't going to be hitting anything, but hey, you can wait for that natural 20 as they stack all that nonlethal damage which wont ever effect you as you can't fall unconscious)

Does anyone know of any build, barring Pun-Pun, optimized or not, that can achieve these things at ecl 6?

I believe this would require a LA of +15 before being close to fair.

Also, the restriction of "golden weapons in a consecrated area" is not a restriction, as the guy can just leave the consecrated area. Also, in the off chance that the opponent goes first, that wont be a fun fight, as once they make that attack with the golden weapon, the character will either be dead or leaving the area.

The restriction of having to fight against others of this race, is simply unfun, as the rest of the party can't partake in that fight, and you are still invincible in every other possible fight, thereby forcing the DM to never challenge you, or to use this race as the race of the main opponent..

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    So, at ecl 6, this race has the following:
    Does anyone know of any build, barring Pun-Pun, optimized or not, that can achieve these things at ecl 6?
    I believe this would require a LA of +15 before being close to fair.
    Careful and certain consideration plus DM moderation would be the only way one would allow this in a game. It is extremely pun pun but that does not mean it cannot be used at a low ECL game.

LA+5 or above is pretty much all id ever apply to a race. I restrict the LA's like this because a LA of +15 basically means that this character will never level up.

It will stay at 1st Hit Dice far beyond the rest of the players, they will level up probably 10 times before you would get one or two extra abilities, all due to a racial penalty (and LA's are penalties) that restricts learning, character growth, simply by existing.

I might be practically immortal, but when the party is 15th level and im still doing +2d6 sneak attack damage id call you an ass of a DM if you allowed huge LA's that high (no offense).

its nonsensical, which is why I like pathfinder's simple use of CR instead, and some careful balancing, brought 3.5 into reign quite a bit and added strength throughout the classes.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2012-06-28 at 04:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    Careful and certain consideration plus DM moderation would be the only way one would allow this in a game. It is extremely pun pun but that does not mean it cannot be used at a low ECL game.

LA+5 or above is pretty much all id ever apply to a race. I restrict the LA's like this because a LA of +15 basically means that this character will never level up.

It will stay at 1st Hit Dice far beyond the rest of the players, they will level up probably 10 times before you would get one or two extra abilities, all due to a racial penalty (and LA's are penalties) that restricts learning, character growth, simply by existing.

I might be practically immortal, but when the party is 15th level and im still doing +2d6 sneak attack damage id call you an ass of a DM if you allowed huge LA's that high (no offense).

its nonsensical, which is why I like pathfinder's simple use of CR instead, and some careful balancing, brought 3.5 into reign quite a bit and added strength throughout the classes.
    My point was that the race is nonsensical, and that even at ecl 16, with only 1 level in a class, it'd be completely playable. Other races at such a high ecl generally cannot make this claim because they are not completely immune to damage and it's consequences. They only situation where the LA would be a hindrance in that case is if the party went up against a high powered wizard that used spells that would kill the Immorthos and not the rest of the group. Again, like the situations in which this character could die at ecl 6, this would not be an interesting battle, and we'd be back on square 1. Of course, it's generally frowned upon to send world-shattering wizards against the group, so we shouldn't really have to take that into consideration. Nah, this guy at level 1 is already enough of a badass to roll with hardcore characters at ecl 16. In fact, some of those character would be envious of him for his immunity to damage. It'd be balanced, though, because he wouldn't be hitting anything.

Now then, this race wouldn't be dealing +2d6 sneak attack. It'd be dealing 4d6+67 unarmed damage with 1 level in monk (You'd only hit on a 20, sure, but, only again, the immunity to damage thing means you can wait on that 20).

Also, in the first part of your argument you mention DM consideration and moderation, which either means that the DM should give special allowances, bend the rules, or just flat out not allow the race. First, this requires that the DM be particularly skilled and know what he would need to bend to keep from alienating the rest of the group. Second, if the mechanics are twisted enough that the DM is required to fix whichever problems it presents, then that means that it's presenting a problem. If it's presenting a problem, then it should have been fixed by the people making it before it was ever allowed in a game.

Also, I'm personally a fan of Mutants and Masterminds, myself.

10. - Top - End - #10

My point was that the race is nonsensical, and that even at ecl 16, with only 1 level in a class, it'd be completely playable. Other races at such a high ecl generally cannot make this claim because they are not completely immune to damage and it's consequences. They only situation where the LA would be a hindrance in that case is if the party went up against a high powered wizard that used spells that would kill the Immorthos and not the rest of the group. Again, like the situations in which this character could die at ecl 6, this would not be an interesting battle, and we'd be back on square 1. Of course, it's generally frowned upon to send world-shattering wizards against the group, so we shouldn't really have to take that into consideration. Nah, this guy at level 1 is already enough of a badass to roll with hardcore characters at ecl 16. In fact, some of those character would be envious of him for his immunity to damage. It'd be balanced, though, because he wouldn't be hitting anything.

Now then, this race wouldn't be dealing +2d6 sneak attack. It'd be dealing 4d6+67 unarmed damage with 1 level in monk (You'd only hit on a 20, sure, but, only again, the immunity to damage thing means you can wait on that 20).

Also, in the first part of your argument you mention DM consideration and moderation, which either means that the DM should give special allowances, bend the rules, or just flat out not allow the race. First, this requires that the DM be particularly skilled and know what he would need to bend to keep from alienating the rest of the group. Second, if the mechanics are twisted enough that the DM is required to fix whichever problems it presents, then that means that it's presenting a problem. If it's presenting a problem, then it should have been fixed by the people making it before it was ever allowed in a game.

Also, I'm personally a fan of Mutants and Masterminds, myself.

Why does everyone look at homebrew as if its a part of any and every game. DM consideration and moderation is required and done by every DM in any game, and homebrew is only there to provide solutions and elements to players who want to be something, and DM's who are looking for something for their game.
    It is not something a DM will allow in a normal game, clearly, but a "normal" game wont even have homebrew at all.

Homebrews are resources for use in creating different characters with varied elements of fluff and story, to make nonstandard bosses and players that aren't cookie cutter and to expand existing resources available to DMs to find things they want to include in their individual games or campaigns that fit right with the world they imagine.

So enough this crapola about comparing it to ecl 16's or acting as if every DM will have to make a note at the bottom of their advert saying "oh, and no Immorthos".

This is clearly not something for everyone to play and any DM could see that and any player should be smart enough not to request it in a game where it just doesn't fit the scenario.

Meanwhile this is here for those games where a player just wants to be some crazy bastard who throws around a giant scythe while getting pummeled by a hundred archers beheading them by the dozens to get locked in combat with an opposing Immorthos or legendary beast in order to slay it and take its head to storm the gates Olympus with a gleaming celestial bronze sword in order to make Zues pay for his escapades with your wife/sister/mother/lover/whatever and then deciding to turn her into a tree or something.

And before someone says "pssht, you should have said something then"- No, no I shouldn't have to. This is clearly intended to be overpowered in a typical campaign. Do you really expect someone with these abilities to be in any sort of typical campaign?

Whether it is marked or not, it is up to the DM to decide what he or she uses in her game whether its perfectly balanced or not, its their decision. Hell, its their decision even to include Wizard, Cleric, or even Fighter and Rogue- Your DM is the deity of your game with, to quote Aladdin, "Infinite cosmic power" without the itty bitty living space.

If this sounds rude, it may be. I'm just using using the same tone I feel I received, with my race being "nonsensical" and all.
    Edit: Though I may be overdoing it. I'm in a foul mood today and highly irritable, I just realized.

Mutants and Masterminds is great. You can be immortal and no one gives a monkey's nut. Immune to something? Cool. You can fly at 1st "level"? Cool. You can shat lightning and teleport through time? Wiiiiicked
    Its a great game, I wish I could play it more often.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-29 at 04:40 PM.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

This is something that's been irking me for a while. You've shown that you can be original, write good fluff-text, come up with flavorful abilities and so on, but most of your work is written out (Both fluff and mechanic-wise) to be setting-dominating. Your work isn't something that you can easily "Add on" to a world someone is making. It is something the setting must be centered around, in most cases, if you want the game to maintain some semblance of balance.

Yes, Homebrew is additional material made to fill roles not covered by Core (Or to fix goofs on WotC's part), and yes, DMs need to use their judgement when determining what works to use. This doesn't mean that it's a good idea to make nearly all of your work on a tier to themselves.

You have talent, and I am somewhat saddened to see that your works aren't something I could ever use in my games, simply because of the balance level.

It is of course your work, and you can make what you wish, but I think your work would get a lot more use if it was balanced closer to the "Norm".

Edit: Honest suggestion: Have you considered homebrewing for Exalted? It's of a power level much closer to what you usually write.

Editedit: Another earnest suggestion I thought of: You've shown that you can create work at an amazing rate, of pretty much every type. Have you considered trying to pretty much re-write 3.5, replacing everything but the core mechanics with your works? Your work tends to be at least a little more reasonably balanced when only compared to itself, and an "All-Cipher" campaign may actually be feasible.. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2012-06-29 at 04:48 PM.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Yes, Homebrew is additional material made to fill roles not covered by Core (Or to fix goofs on WotC's part), and yes, DMs need to use their judgement when determining what works to use. This doesn't mean that it's a good idea to make nearly all of your work on a tier to themselves.

Edit: Honest suggestion: Have you considered homebrewing for Exalted? It's of a power level much closer to what you usually write.

There is already far plenty of homebrew and resources for "norm", and occasionally I do. Like my Pretanians- My Pretanians are one of the few things I've made while specifically trying to make it available to any game.
    I'd assume it worked, since I've gotten only one comment on it and that was to tell me its actually one of the most balanced things I've ever made so I assume no one comments because the jobs already done. Or, like my guess for a lot of other works of mine, its incredibly stupid and not worth commenting on, or my last guess is that not very many people like commenting on my stuff because of me in particular. Since I can sound snappy when something else sounds edgy which is generally the norm for a lot of criticism here.

I've only considered Exalted once. I don't know it that well at all besides rumors and the little I gleaned from reading some of the Exalted Deeds book. I love the idea of it, but I don't see where all the talk of Exalted being on a higher level comes from. It just seems like a normal sourcebook that happens to be more useful then a lot of others. I particularly love Ravages- Which I have made two classes for. Anointed Knight and Knight Eternal are the only classes I have that were made with Exalted in mind.

Edit: Oh. Sacred Something was made with both BoED and BoEF in mind.

EditEdit:
    Editedit: Another earnest suggestion I thought of: You've shown that you can create work at an amazing rate, of pretty much every type. Have you considered trying to pretty much re-write 3.5, replacing everything but the core mechanics with your works? Your work tends to be at least a little more reasonably balanced when only compared to itself, and an "All-Cipher" campaign may actually be feasible.. Just a thought.
    No, I haven't thought of that. I have a horrid attention span (I can acknowledge that about myself, but I still struggle with actually overcoming the problem), as seen in three projects I've made that I ended up being unable to complete once the attention span turned to face something else. Though it later turned back to Labyrinth Knight and I redid it.

I don't think I could do a whole redo of 3.5. Though I like the idea o fit.
    3.C
    or 3C.
    Cipherfinder.
    C3(P.O.)

EditEditEdit:
    Well. I already have plenty of classes, races, and templates.
    I could work on something with what I already have.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-29 at 04:53 PM.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    I've only considered Exalted once. I don't know it that well at all besides rumors and the little I gleaned from reading some of the Exalted Deeds book. I love the idea of it, but I don't see where all the talk of Exalted being on a higher level comes from. It just seems like a normal sourcebook that happens to be more useful then a lot of others. I particularly love Ravages- Which I have made two classes for. Anointed Knight and Knight Eternal are the only classes I have that were made with Exalted in mind.
    Uhh... Are we talking about the same Exalted? As in, the d10 RPG made by White Wolf? It has absolutely nothing to do with the BoED for 3.5. It is a classless system where a starting character is capable of punching gods in the face and living to tell the tale. The more I think about it, the more I realize it is the type of game I think you'd love. It's inspired by a lot of anime, which I get the feeling is behind some of your work as well.

Edit: Oh. Sacred Something was made with both BoED and BoEF in mind.
    You meant BoVD there, not BoEF, right?

I tend to not comment on most of your work simply for fear of sounding like a mean-hearted critic that hates your work (The first half of which I hope I'm not, and the second half I KNOW is untrue). I usually post talking about balance of features, and it's been made pretty obvious that my opinions on balance don't really apply to your work.

EditEditEdit:
    Well. I already have plenty of classes, races, and templates.
    I could work on something with what I already have.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2012-06-29 at 04:56 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Uhh... Are we talking about the same Exalted? As in, the d10 RPG made by White Wolf? It has absolutely nothing to do with the BoED for 3.5. It is a classless system where a starting character is capable of punching gods in the face and living to tell the tale. The more I think about it, the more I realize it is the type of game I think you'd love. It's inspired by a lot of anime, which I get the feeling is behind some of your work as well.
    No, we're not talking about the same.
    I've been operating all this time thinking BoED is "exalted". I've never been corrected and I've only ever seen evidence suggesting I was correct.

Where is this "Exalted" that isn't BoED or even D&D it sounds like?

You meant BoVD there, not BoEF, right?
    Then I would have gotten two characters wrong
    I tend to not comment on most of your work simply for fear of sounding like a mean-hearted critic that hates your work (The first half of which I hope I'm not, and the second half I KNOW is untrue). I usually post talking about balance of features, and it's been made pretty obvious that my opinions on balance don't really apply to your work.
    Well. I can't recall ever feeling stabbed or in some cases insulted (only happened three times so far) by anything you've said in the past.
    So clearly when you do comment you do it right, like many do. Its just that some people can be very rude. One person before sounded like he could write a novel about all the things he hated about a class or something I made before :/ It was many months ago though, I believe. But It did make me leave for a few months of that time.... Gitp has no rules regarding dickish behavior so long as it isn't technically "flaming" but then you have to be careful or your the one flaming and getting carded.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-29 at 05:45 PM.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I was going to respond but Welknair already pretty much put forward the ideas I was going to (From a different perspective, but still the same ideas). Since that's done, I just have to admit that yours is a new way of thinking about it, but for players and DMs who want to go about pulling the world back together after the evil mastermind mind has blown it in half, summon armies of possessed children's toys, be Cthulhu, or just act as an all-around astronomical badass, there are systems for that. Namely Exalted and M&M, which have already been mentioned in this thread.

Anyways, I'm new here, I wasn't sure if you were some scrub who needed guidance. Besides, my post was more in offense at LordErebus12 cause, from my perspective, he was impeding my attempts to aid you. Yes, my original post was also somewhat aggressive, but I also believe you shouldn't gift-wrap what you think to be the truth when you're trying to show someone said truth.

Knowing your end goal, I must say congratulations on hitting it.

However, I would suggest, if not an overhaul of some system or another to make it 'Cipher-brand', posting a disclaimer in your extended signature that puts forward the idea that you have in mind when you design something. (Then again, maybe putting said disclaimer at the top of whatever you're posting would be a better idea, cause I only just now found your extended signature myself.) It would've been very helpful to have known this going into the read, as, after reading it, I thought you were just underestimating what you were doing. Which, btw, after thinking you had underestimated by that degree, I in no small way thought you were stupid. (Do not worry, I no longer thing you are stupid after your explanation. It was logic. Also, no offense was intended by the word 'Nonsensical'. I used the word to counter the fact that LordErebus12 used it in response to my suggestion.)

Also, our DM for M&M is very much against time travel (and the luck power, for that matter) much to my chagrin. So, instead of the time traveling silhouette I wanted to play, I played a guy whose main attack was "Suddenly a Hurricane". I enjoyed that, of course.

Anyways, on the topic of "People don't comment on jobs already done". I've recently made a Prestige class and received no comments. Is this because it's a job well done already? If so, I'll go ahead and toss it in my Signature. *hopeful smile*

16. - Top - End - #16

but I also believe you shouldn't gift-wrap what you think to be the truth when you're trying to show someone said truth.
    Its the same reason why people giftwrap socks, ties, undergarments, and clothes in general.
    You need them, and giftwrapping it is a way to be nice about it without making you feel like a hobo who needs it, even though you do. :P
    However, I would suggest, if not an overhaul of some system or another to make it 'Cipher-brand', posting a disclaimer in your extended signature that puts forward the idea that you have in mind when you design something. (Then again, maybe putting said disclaimer at the top of whatever you're posting would be a better idea, cause I only just now found your extended signature myself.) It would've been very helpful to have known this going into the read, as, after reading it, I thought you were just underestimating what you were doing. Which, btw, after thinking you had underestimated by that degree, I in no small way thought you were stupid. (Do not worry, I no longer think you are stupid after your explanation. It was logic. Also, no offense was intended by the word 'Nonsensical'. I used the word to counter the fact that LordErebus12 used it in response to my suggestion.)
    That might be all and well. But I don't particularly have an actual goal or decent summary. Generally, the idea is that something pops into my head and I string it out into text...
    Well. Not until after its made anyway.
    Also, our DM for M&M is very much against time travel (and the luck power, for that matter) much to my chagrin. So, instead of the time traveling silhouette I wanted to play, I played a guy whose main attack was "Suddenly a Hurricane". I enjoyed that, of course.
    Time Travel is still rather situation I suppose. But still. It exists which is a point in credit to the game itself.

My favorite m&m character was a character that basically made reality her slave. My favorite moment was when I turned another player into a girl, and made her think she was always a girl. Then in turn I made the rest of the players think she was always a girl, erasing all evidence that she use to be a he, thus there was nothing to bring her to question her existence as a girl. Thus she never got any reoccurring saves to make her believe otherwise. The player was awfully flustered at suddenly having a character that was suddenly of the opposite sex and had to deal with my character shapechanging to become a male and flirt with his now female character, but the DM and everybody had a laugh and he didn't really mind.

Anyways, on the topic of "People don't comment on jobs already done". I've recently made a Prestige class and received no comments. Is this because it's a job well done already? If so, I'll go ahead and toss it in my Signature. *hopeful smile*
    Aye. It looks great and I have no constructive comments on it except that it feels somewhat weird that it can only use commune once a day and there doesn't seem to be benefits of having the full memories of two gods. Perhaps automatic success on knowledge checks that could be connected to the deities' domains or influence.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

No, we're not talking about the same.
    I've been operating all this time thinking BoED is "exalted". I've never been corrected and I've only ever seen evidence suggesting I was correct.

Where is this "Exalted" that isn't BoED or even D&D it sounds like?
    Definitely something you want to look into. Sadly due to the economy, the publishing company has stopped printing, but you can still get their books used online, or in pdf form from their site. The main page can be found here. All you need to get started is the core book, though if you get into it, you'll find yourself collecting all of the Manuals of Exalted Power. I know I did.. And on the topic of balance, it seems like the creators had a philosophy similar to yours. The system is a little balance-wonky, but in return has support for absolutely ridiculous characters and encounters. The PCs are all something along the lines of the Immorthos - Semi-god-beings that go around god-bashing. My favorite type of Exalted are the Sidereals. Because using snappy comebacks as arrows and riding a mouse to work are epic.

Well. I can't recall ever feeling stabbed or in some cases insulted (only happened three times so far) by anything you've said in the past.
    So clearly when you do comment you do it right, like many do. Its just that some people can be very rude. One person before sounded like he could write a novel about all the things he hated about a class or something I made before :/ It was many months ago though, I believe. But It did make me leave for a few months of that time.... Gitp has no rules regarding dickish behavior so long as it isn't technically "flaming" but then you have to be careful or your the one flaming and getting carded.
    For the most part, this community is one of the best I've ever seen. Sadly it isn't reasonable for Mods to chase down every person that says something disrespectful. Just gotta have a thick skin and sort out the helpful comments from those less so. Have you seen my Essays on Game Design (Sig)? I didn't get very far with them because I made the fatal mistake of listing all the reasons I felt 3.5 failed. On a primarily 3.5 board. Yeaaaaah, not my smartest move. I got pretty much everything short of flaming.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

My favorite m&m character was a character that basically made reality her slave. My favorite moment was when I turned another player into a girl, and made her think she was always a girl. Then in turn I made the rest of the players think she was always a girl, erasing all evidence that she use to be a he, thus there was nothing to bring her to question her existence as a girl. Thus she never got any reoccurring saves to make her believe otherwise. The player was awfully flustered at suddenly having a character that was suddenly of the opposite sex and had to deal with my character shapechanging to become a male and flirt with his now female character, but the DM and everybody had a laugh and he didn't really mind.
    Sounds like fun, and actually, in our most recent campaign we had something similar to that happening. A friend of mine was playing the offspring of an angel and a demon. (I told him it was cliche but he still went with it.) His main gimmick was that he could turn into either a female angel, or a incubus. When he was an incubus, things kept happening that resulted in us having to take person X prisoner, and to lure them in, we had our incubus friend seduce them (even if it was a guy). This effectively gave him a harem out of our prisoner. Gotta give him props, of course, every time he changed back into the angel he did a good job of staying true to her mindset and trying to let our prisoners (the poor, tormented souls) free.

Also, how'd you pull off Dr. Manhattan level powers?

Aye. It looks great and I have no constructive comments on it except that it feels somewhat weird that it can only use commune once a day and there doesn't seem to be benefits of having the full memories of two gods. Perhaps automatic success on knowledge checks that could be connected to the deities' domains or influence.
    Danke much. I was tentative on letting them have commune at will, as that would get tedious, as the divinity would keep the god on the line for hours on end until the got the answers they want. Though, I really like the idea of auto-passing certain knowledge checks. I might just implement that.

19. - Top - End - #19

What is the name of its core rule book?
    "Exalted 2e Core Rules" ?

I do sort comments out and often don't reply to certain types of comments (or I just neglect to reply sometimes)
    And if it weren't for the resources and the majority of people here, even though I seem so negative, I'm only here because of the community...

Cheezits know I'm not here for the service. Gitp has the worst service ever. I swear there is 7 different errors I get, each at least once a day and sometimes I get an error 1/3ds the time I try to do anything.

Sounds like fun, and actually, in our most recent campaign we had something similar to that happening. A friend of mine was playing the offspring of an angel and a demon. (I told him it was cliche but he still went with it.) His main gimmick was that he could turn into either a female angel, or a incubus. When he was an incubus, things kept happening that resulted in us having to take person X prisoner, and to lure them in, we had our incubus friend seduce them (even if it was a guy). This effectively gave him a harem out of our prisoner. Gotta give him props, of course, every time he changed back into the angel he did a good job of staying true to her mindset and trying to let our prisoners (the poor, tormented souls) free.

Also, how'd you pull off Dr. Manhattan level powers?

Danke much. I was tentative on letting them have commune at will, as that would get tedious, as the divinity would keep the god on the line for hours on end until the got the answers they want. Though, I really like the idea of auto-passing certain knowledge checks. I might just implement that.
    That sounds incredibly fun.

I believe we we're power level 10 - 15, I just diverted most my points into my power. I made use of a few loopholes and methods of reducing costs in order to get an extremely overpowered ability that was focused around Transformation and Mental Transformation, which pretty much compensated for everything.
    It was a very long time ago however and I can't recall exactly what I did beyond centering my powers around Transformation and Mental Transformation. Though just Mental Transformation would be very fun, make someone believe they've always been a girl but have been turned into a boy XD, or make them believe you've had them trapped all their lives in horrible abuse and torment and have killed thousands of innocent people and now intend to kill their family (if they didn't have a family, make them believe they do) then them if they don't tell you the secret your trying to interrogate out of them even though you've only just entered the interrogation room and they've been detained for all of 30minutes since they were caught.

well. 1/day is fine. I myself am just not a big fan of 1/day things unless its epic and the character probably shouldn't be able to use an ability like it for a few levels.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-29 at 10:22 PM.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

What is the name of its core rule book?
    "Exalted 2e Core Rules" ?
    I'm pretty sure it's just "Exalted 2e" or something to that effect.

Cheezits know I'm not here for the service. Gitp has the worst service ever. I swear there is 7 different errors I get, each at least once a day and sometimes I get an error 1/3ds the time I try to do anything.
    Look at the latest news post. The servers are getting an upgrade.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Must unleash a undead one of these on my wendsday group.... They've gotten way to complacent recently.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    Must unleash a undead one of these on my wendsday group.... They've gotten way to complacent recently.
    Somehow that gave me an idea for a class...

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

That sounds incredibly fun.

I believe we we're power level 10 - 15, I just diverted most my points into my power. I made use of a few loopholes and methods of reducing costs in order to get an extremely overpowered ability that was focused around Transformation and Mental Transformation, which pretty much compensated for everything.
    It was a very long time ago however and I can't recall exactly what I did beyond centering my powers around Transformation and Mental Transformation. Though just Mental Transformation would be very fun, make someone believe they've always been a girl but have been turned into a boy XD, or make them believe you've had them trapped all their lives in horrible abuse and torment and have killed thousands of innocent people and now intend to kill their family (if they didn't have a family, make them believe they do) then them if they don't tell you the secret your trying to interrogate out of them even though you've only just entered the interrogation room and they've been detained for all of 30minutes since they were caught.
    Yeah, well, that was his character. I was the brute force in that campaign, if need be I could level a city block with a storm, or knock out the power grid with a lightning bolt. In fact, I think the last time I had a character who had any real influence or, for that matter, interest in the opposite sex was back in 2008. We were playing a Savage Worlds game set in a Cowboy Bebop-style future. I was a half mercenary/half secret agent. I was terrible in combat, despite my best efforts to fix it, but whenever he chatted up a girl, he would succeed with a raise. Eventually I had to make it his main thing cause I couldn't manage to do anything else. Made for many lols.

Also, your approach to questioning a prisoner reminds me somewhat of that thing from Naruto. Itachi's thousand years of pain thing that he did to Kakashi. Seems like a real smooth way to get into a person's head; Props.

24. - Top - End - #24

Yeah, well, that was his character. I was the brute force in that campaign, if need be I could level a city block with a storm, or knock out the power grid with a lightning bolt. In fact, I think the last time I had a character who had any real influence or, for that matter, interest in the opposite sex was back in 2008. We were playing a Savage Worlds game set in a Cowboy Bebop-style future. I was a half mercenary/half secret agent. I was terrible in combat, despite my best efforts to fix it, but whenever he chatted up a girl, he would succeed with a raise. Eventually I had to make it his main thing cause I couldn't manage to do anything else. Made for many lols.

Also, your approach to questioning a prisoner reminds me somewhat of that thing from Naruto. Itachi's thousand years of pain thing that he did to Kakashi. Seems like a real smooth way to get into a person's head; Props.

I hate it when characters turn out to be nearly useless :/ Its real easy to accidentally do that with M&M if you don't know what you're doing... I never had that problem, but most the other players when we grouped together around M&M for the first time for all of us had useless characters while mine was one of only two that could handle themselves well.

Thousand Years of Pain? That sounds awesome, in this context, what does it do? Alter their perception of time or something? I'm sooo googling it.

Google made me think that its suddenly not a very interesting move. Kinda funny. But an "oh..." thing...
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-06-29 at 11:50 PM.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

I hate it when characters turn out to be nearly useless :/ Its real easy to accidentally do that with M&M if you don't know what you're doing... I never had that problem, but most the other players when we grouped together around M&M for the first time for all of us had useless characters while mine was one of only two that could handle themselves well.

Thousand Years of Pain? That sounds awesome, in this context, what does it do? Alter their perception of time or something? I'm sooo googling it.

Google made me think that its suddenly not a very interesting move. Kinda funny. But an "oh..." thing...
    Savage World is an easy system to play and build for, but if you're unlucky, it doesn't matter what setting you're using, you're not gonna be successful. This is why I like to try and circumvent the dice roll as best I can, but my DMs don't generally like that, and in Savage World, it really (REALLY) difficult to circumvent the dice.

Anyways, I just googled it myself and realized the Thousand Years of Pain thing wasn't what I was thinking of (I faceplamed hard. It's stuff like that that made me stop watching the anime). No, I recall that there was some big-bad in the anime, and the first time you see him, he uses this move on Kakashi, the resident badass, that traps him in this alternate dimension where he's crucified and stabbed repeatedly for hours, and the people doing this to him continually repeat that "For the next 72 hours you will be stabbed with swords. There is no way out of this ect ect ect". Then, some perception stuff happens and there are suddenly multiples of himself all getting stabbed and he feels the pain of all of them and blah blah blah. Finally, 72 hours later, the guy is exhausted and bleeding and battered, and there is a pause in the torment, during which the torturer says "There, that wasn't so bad. Now, you only have 71 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds left to go," and you're all "WTF!" Yet, even after this eternity of being stabbed with swords, only a blink of the eye has passed in real life.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gotta love the Mazyeo Sharrigan. Think that's what it was anyway.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Must be. Some of my high school friends were really into that anime (So I was drug along to watch it, as is to be expected), and I admit, it has it's cool parts, but it's too far gone into the trap of "Filler episodes and physical comedy" that made me feel stupid for watching it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mangekyō Sharingan
    The genjustu your thinking of is Tsukuyomi btw. You trap them in an illusion where 3 days pass in an eyeblink for them where you control EVERYTHING.