New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside IX

Democracy now rally

"Do you know what proportion of the populous agrees with your views at this time? What method are you using to determine your following, if you are yet? Do you have any solid information on the overall feel of the populous?"

Some pointed questions there... this would get straight to the matter of how successful the movement has been, and how serious the people running it are.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Emily will be asked to remove her clothes, but not her skin. Maria doens't make any sorts of comments on the condition of her skin. She doesn't talk much at all until they're finished, save for a bit of polite conversation.

"Alright, that should be everything I need." Maria starts rolling up the measuring tape and packing up the camera. It'll take at least a week to finish if it's fast. Do you think you'll manage in the meantime?"

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Orc in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"Um, I think so. Could I possibly have fresher blood? I know it's all from volunteers, but it's all of varying quality and I think it's age-dependent. Maybe if I had fresher blood, which would be of better quality, my skin won't rot any more. It's just a suggestion, though, and I have no idea if it works or not." It does; Emily tastes the blood, and she's not just drinking blood, but the essence of life, which isn't present in older blood because it hasn't been alive for longer.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Democracy now rally

"Do you know what proportion of the populous agrees with your views at this time? What method are you using to determine your following, if you are yet? Do you have any solid information on the overall feel of the populous?"

Some pointed questions there... this would get straight to the matter of how successful the movement has been, and how serious the people running it are.
    "Most of the people are undecided as of now, we think. It's hard to move the massess to action. We hope that we'll manage to get it across to them that things don't have to be the way they are now. But even now, quite a few people have signed up for membership in our movement. With luck, a sizable proportion of them will be willing to act."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Democracy now rally

"To be expected from a relatively new movement. I might be interested in helping. Do you have any specific plans for the future? Or simply more rallies such as this one?"

She pulls out a notebook and starts noting things down.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Kami Hunting

The sorceress just smiles, "That I have been extremely spoiled maybe? Don't feel sorry for me Harnel, my problems pale compared to other peoples. I'm rich, have loving parents, great friends and a job I like. What more could I possibly ask for?" She questions with a meaningful look into his eyes.
    Kami Hunting

"Fun and someone to share it with? Just cause your problems aren't as big as other peoples, doesn't make them any less important." Harnel replies. "But if you're happy, great, no big deal. We should get some more of those Kami bastards."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of which, Cessie might feel another Kami... there, in that fountain.

If they approach the fountain, they may find themselves... forgetting what they were doing. Not really sure what's going on...

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"I'll see what I can do. I'm sure we can make sure to get a hold of the newer donations." Maria says. "If you have any other concerns, be sure to come speak with me." If Emily has no reason to stop her now, Maria will be on her way.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kami Hunting

"Agreed, we really should get a weapon. But I can feel another one nearby already, in that fountain." She explains while pointing out it's location.

Approaching it the mage blinks. "...I think it might have done something to us." Even if it just was a slight loss of memories.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Orc in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"Thank you." Emily will start putting her clothes back on, frowning sometimes at particularly large splodges of greenish-grey mould. Especially the ones that weren't that large when she put the clothes on.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

Harnel looks at Cessie and stares at her vacantly.
    "Done what?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kami Hunting

Have you ever realized how weird your situation is?

There is a dragon and a half-dragon, of different kinds of dragon, the full dragon looks like a human right now, and they are hunting spirits... that are emotions given form?

It's all rather... befuddling.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The woman glares at the man. He's starting to get on her nerves.
    "What are you talking about? Haven't you seen how many of us are here? Why are you asking so many stupid questions and explaining obvious things to us?"

"It's best to know all it needs, befor striking for someone. And I'm sure many would agree if you have some organisation."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1424

Kami Hunting

"I'm not sure..." Cessie replies with an thoughtful expression. "It might be trying to confuse us. I think." She states with some hesitation, it was easy to fall back on the usual pattern for hunting these things though. Even if it felt rather strange right now.

"Let me attempt to make it manifest, maybe things will make more sense then." The dragon says before attempting to force the kami to manifest itself.

[Suncrest Manor - Irena]

Raising a glass of her favorite drink, vodka, the witch slurs the words "Cheers!" Out loud, even if she doesn't sound very cheerful at the moment. Surrounding her are more empty glasses which supports the image of someone who might have had a bit much to drink already.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-24 at 07:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Suncrest Manor

"You soil the word, saying it in such a state. What troubles you so that you would be unable to forget your woes after this much sacred elixir?" Dionysus responds, toying with the lip of a nearby bottle idly as he sits opposite Irena in a lawn chair made of woven vines and elder switches.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #1426

Suncrest Manor

"Ass-hole creeps." Irena mutters as she rubs her forehead tiredly. "Nadia is pregnant." The states out of the blue. "That thief tried to kidnap her? Turns out she was hired by some really sick nut-job who wanted to make Nadia carry his goddess baby or something. The sickos did some ritual to her while she was sleeping, god knows what they did to me, and now she likes to keep the baby. At least until we can adopt it away. Is that good enough reason for me to soil the word?" Irena explains as she turns to look at Dio, looking like she was about to hit him. Her rage might be directed at other things however.

17. - Top - End - #1427

Suncrest Manor

"She's right to keep the child, it is blameless of the sins that created it. However, I'm going to need back the staff I loaned you, and any information you have on these people." Irena will find that her own fury is only a smouldering tinder compared to the fires that are raging in Dionysus' eyes at the moment, even though his voice is as calm as it has ever been.

"The goddess that has laid claim to my follower's offspring and body, along with everyone who dares utter her name in reverence will burn in the fires of their hubris for this Irena. If you'd like, you can help me start the fires, or watch from here as their world becomes ashes. The Bacchae will become a pale memory of a play compared to the tragedy told of their suffering." Reaching for an empty bottle that fills with clear liquid at his touch, Dionysus tries to pour Irena another shot before lifting the bottle to toast the demise of their declared enemies.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #1428

[Suncrest Manor]

The witch let's Dio fill her glass to the brim before she slowly raises it to a toast. "I'd love to help." Irena starts. "But I can't. If I would, I wouldn't be here sitting drinking and feeling sorry for myself." She declares before sweeping the entire shoot and wiping her mouth, finishing with a burp. "But I still love you for doing this Dio. You're such a sweet guy. If I hadn't been with Nadia I'd totally had sexed you." She says with a goofy smile on her face.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-24 at 02:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Suncrest Manor

Dionysus smiles ruefully, reaching across the table and trying to pull a lock of hair back behind Irena's ear, "I'm afraid you're a bit too drunk for even me to enjoy properly. Sober up and rest a while, and reconsider my offer. All my followers can help, sometimes in subtle ways. If you need someone to go to, find my daughter outside the city walls. You may not be fond of each other, but she'll protect anyone who follows me." He stands, heading for his staff. He can feel its presence no matter where Irena has stashed it away, and it's time for him to reclaim it and put it to good use.

"In the future, worry a bit less about Nadia's safety. She is of the dead, and will not perish so easily. I chose to call in that favor for a reason when the opportunity presented itself. Just keep yourself alive, so she has reason to celebrate my name in the future, and a person to do it with." He scolds lightly as he turns away from the table.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Kami Hunting

"I'm not sure..." Cessie replies with an thoughtful expression. "It might be trying to confuse us. I think." She states with some hesitation, it was easy to fall back on the usual pattern for hunting these things though. Even if it felt rather strange right now.

"Let me attempt to make it manifest, maybe things will make more sense then." The dragon says before attempting to force the kami to manifest itself.
    Kami Hunting

"It." What was it again? Harnel wonders, pausing briefly.

"It is bad, right?" He's pretty sure it isn't good.

Everything was so surreal right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kami Hunting

Out of the fountain forms a bizarre thing, a mix of water and stone from the fountain. It looks down at itself, at Cessie at Harnel, around... it doesn't appear to know what's going on.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Democracy now rally

"To be expected from a relatively new movement. I might be interested in helping. Do you have any specific plans for the future? Or simply more rallies such as this one?"

She pulls out a notebook and starts noting things down.
    The young rebel looks at the woman cautiously. They've all been warned about potential attempts at infiltration and subversion of the movement.
    "No plans survive contact with the enemy... but your course of action is to try and convince as much of the population as we can to our cause. Eventually, when enough people are demanding their right to decide, the factions won't be able to ignore us. And if they do, we'll just let them sit in their ivory towers. Why do you want to help?"

Meanwhile, a Hunter hidden in the crowd is scanning the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"It's best to know all it needs, befor striking for someone. And I'm sure many would agree if you have some organisation."
    "Fair enough. Anyway, we don't really need defense against violence yet. Noone has tried to shut us up with force so far. But feel free to be altert in case someone does."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Suncrest Manor

"Sorry but I can't just like turn it off like that. Same reason I can't take part in all this. She simply changed everything you know? I'm all def-ensive now." Irena slurs. Dio will find the staff nearby, leaning against the wall. Looks like Irena likes to keep it close to hand.

Kami Hunting

"It's bad." Cessie confirms as she see the spirit appear. "I think we're supposed to destroy it now." And she was supposed to eat that thing. She never really got used to that, and why was she in human form again?

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

"Oh. I can try but I'm not sure I can destroy water and stone with... wait, where's my hammer?" Harnel starts looking around on the ground for the thing he hadn't bought yet. Probably would be able to get stone just fine, but that water conglomeration makes it weird.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1435

Suncrest Manor

"Just think on it. I promise you role would not put her in further danger, but I can find another if you don't change your mind." He admits as he picks up his staff, the vines of the thyrsus wrapping themselves up his arm like loving companions. How long it had been since he took it to war.

"Write down everything you can remember about your kidnapping, and your kidnappers. It will be important. For now, I can begin the steps of the dance without it, but I'll need it soon to pick up the tempo."

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Dwarf in the Playground

Democracy now rally

"I'm a member of an organization that stands to gain a bit from democracy. Some of us want a chance at being mayor, true, but beyond that we want to shake up the existing groups a bit, encourage some social mobility."

To the hunter's scan, the woman is... unreadable. Not just that she's normal, but that the scan straight up does not work on her.

Kami Hunting

The water and stone thing looks at the two, and begins to inch away, not sure what to make of this. It speaks, a bit of fear in it's voice.

"You... what? Why? What's going on?"

27. - Top - End - #1437

Suncrest Manor

Irena shakes her head, "It's not about putting her into future danger Dio. Well... okay, that's part of it. But it's not the main reason. The reason is that I'm trying to put my old life behind me. The hate I'm feeling right now towards those sickos... that's the old me." She explains while slowly starting writing down what she knows about the kidnapping and the kidnappers. "Before I met you or Nadia that's basically all I had, the hatred. I hated people and I killed them. That's basically all I lived for. But when I met Nadia... it was like this great calm washed over me you know? I didn't feel the need to kill anymore once I had someone to really care about and Nadia really don't like it anyway. So I just decided to try to stop completely." She explains before falling silent and focusing the rest of her energy on the letter until she finally hands it over to Dio. It's written in a very simple and at times horrible handwriting with a great number of grammar and spelling errors. Turning it nearly unreadable at parts.

Kami Hunting

The sorceress stare at the kami, for the first time not really sure what to do. If it could talk it meant they would be killing a sapient being here.

"Who are you?" She instead asks the spirit. A voice in her head said that she should destroy it however, it was probably just a trick after all.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-24 at 06:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1438

Suncrest Manor

"Irena, you'll learn and you'll see. Bacchanalians do not murder and pillage, we romp and revel. Now sleep, and in the morning I want you to write that list again when your memory has fewer holes. I'll be back for it." The honey-scented pinecone dips slightly as Dionysus' command to sleep resonates with magical energy that makes it very compelling. Even if Irena doesn't succumb to slumber, he'll leave with just his staff and head for the front door.

The Mouth of the River

"And so here we are again..." At the far end of Northside, where the river meets the walls, Dionysus stands on the banks. He stares into the water with his staff in hand, contemplating his next actions.

Would imposing his will on the city be a proper response to this crime against a single follower? Probably not. Would this interfere with his other plans? Probably so. Could he twist it around into even greater gains for himself?

Of course.

He lifts a finger, the tip stained red with blood from a wound he already inflicted, smearing it over the tip of his thyrsus and mixing the deep red blood with the honey that coats the pinecone so liberally. When he removes the finger and holds it over the water below, three drops fall in succession.

One for himself.

One for his followers.

One for his enemies.

The magic takes hold quickly as he swears a silent oath over the waters, and vines begin to take hold along the river's bottom. They will spread, and within a matter of weeks anyone drinking of the city's waters will feel his influence, from the pipes or the river itself. That on its own will not be enough to turn them to a god they never knew, but he's merely touched a foot to the dancefloor now. There's still time for him to remember how the steps go.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Mouth of the River]

Dionysus may feel the presence of another god arriving. A golden glow forms a few feet away, but that's all that occurs for now. it's a gateway of sorts, and whomever it is isn't stepping through quite yet.

It seems the individual is wary of the other gods anger, and is being polite. a slight ringing will be heard from the gateway, a question of permission. Do you mind if I join you?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #1440

The Mouth of the River

"You're a bit late, if you were going to talk me out of this. Come an marvel at my work then instead, Cosiellio." Dionysus sits at the edge of the water, slowly unlacing his sandles so he can rest his feet in the cool current.