New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Hollow Hill]

"No thanks," Aiden says. "I'm not much for that sort of thing."
    Miss Dyrr nods and heads off, then.

When Meli and Young Star arrive, they'll find that Hollow Hill isn't quite in a literal hollow hill, but it's pretty close; Hollow Hill is a rather large concrete building in the shape of a hill.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Orc in the Playground

Fleeing

"Only if she knows the truth. Though I understand some people don't like lying to their parents, so that advice may be useless." 'Ekkehard Ohtheresson' doesn't really understand the concept, but more because he regards the truth as a tool that is rarely as useful as the lie, though when it is useful it's far more useful than the truth would be in that situation.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [The Temple of Splendours]

Shrike recovers and sticks her tongue out at Tina. "I'd splash you for that but syrup isn't much for the splashing. Even if it does feel quite sensuous on the skin," the Exalt purrs with a wink.
    "Mm. Not bad. I feel like if I try to relax I'll stick to the side of the pool, though," Tina says smiling. She glances over to watch the newcomers, eyes dancing happily, before she turns to look around at the temple. "So. Where's our host hiding, do you think?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

And Aiden gets some decent sleep and a shower, then looks around for a typewriter or something.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

And Aiden gets some decent sleep and a shower, then looks around for a typewriter or something.
    Unless something would have prevented it, a bag containing a reasonable chunk of his wages will be sitting on the table in his room when he gets out of the shower.

Writing supplies will have to be acquired on his own, or at least, there are none in his room, though other sections of Hollow Hill may have some.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Slii cackles for a few moments before his raspy laughter devolves into a hacking, spitting cough, " Kekekeke-couhblark! Slii is not here to spread sickness and misery, no-no-no. Slii's diseases stay within Slii, do not effect others unless he wishes them to. Clan NO has not paid him to spread them, so he has not." And that is his opinion on that. Since CB has tested Slii before, he's aware that the rat man has nothing to speak of in terms of an immune system, and every single disease, bacteria, and infection he's ever been exposed to still flourishes in his body. And yet, as he has said, no one at NO has taken ill from getting into contact with him.

"What is this one? Fever-chills? Wasting illness? Slii has counters for both, yes-yes!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd

"Oh, he has a version of mass hysteria that makes him believe himself to be sick. It's psychogenic illness, which means that there's no biological reason for it. He has a fever and is very weak."

"It's inside me... It's inside me! IT'S INSIDE MEEEEEEEE"

"Oh, and the random bouts of varying psychosis."

Woo, for his part, puts down the newspaper and tries to calm the man down.

"You're going to have to -"
    Mitchal starts to say. But Taul, who is more familiar with the Chaos gods, interrupts him. "No, he can stay." And then looking directly at Slii. "If you infect anyone, I will make you regret it. Do you understand?"

The Original Hank's Hookahs

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Calvin almost pulls away before realizing she is just hugging him. He doesn't have a lot of experience with hugs. He just sits there stiffly. His eyes squeezed shut. He doesn't cry but he shakes slightly which she should be able to feel.

Eventually he seems to calm down and leans into her slightly.

"I can't just walk away."

"I'm going to give you my number. You can call me any time, day or night. It doesn't matter what kind of trouble you're in. Okay?" Charity says. Of course, if he calls soon, he may get the plot clone who is sick and quarantined in Ponona Blvd.

Fleeing

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fleeing

"Only if she knows the truth. Though I understand some people don't like lying to their parents, so that advice may be useless." 'Ekkehard Ohtheresson' doesn't really understand the concept, but more because he regards the truth as a tool that is rarely as useful as the lie, though when it is useful it's far more useful than the truth would be in that situation.

"I'd like lying to her fine if I could get away with it,"
    Emily says. "She can always tell though. Special superpower mothers get."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Orc in the Playground

Fleeing

"I wouldn't be too familiar with that particular super power, nor any special abilities related to mothers." Ekkehard smiles, despite the intimation that he has no mother.

8. - Top - End - #1058

[Hollow Hill]

After Aiden gets dressed, he opens up the bag and stares at the contents for a while. He's never had this much money at once before, and he hardly even knows what to do with all of it. If it's a duffel bag, then Aiden slings it over his shoulder and heads off to get some writing supplies, and some new clothes.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thanks. I will. Here let me give you mine, never know you might need a hand sometime."

Calvin gladly takes the number. And figures that she may come across a situation where she might need someone with his skills. Though he probably wouldn't be able to help with a weird plague.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd

"Oh, he has a version of mass hysteria that makes him believe himself to be sick. It's psychogenic illness, which means that there's no biological reason for it. He has a fever and is very weak."

"It's inside me... It's inside me! IT'S INSIDE MEEEEEEEE"

"Oh, and the random bouts of varying psychosis."

Woo, for his part, puts down the newspaper and tries to calm the man down.
    Ponona Blvd

Slii looks from the screaming man to Taul and then finally to Mitchal with a chattering yellowed grin, "Slii is with NO, and NO takes no death contracts. Slii will not be paid to infect, man-things need no fear of him." Then he turns back to the screaming man lying in bed, shaking his head rapidly.

"Man-things think they are plaguebearing, but they are not? Odd-weird it is. Slii scurry-comes because he is immune to sickmakings, but this is not what he expected. How do healers change sick one's minds?" Slii doesn't seem to notice, but one word in particular does not sputter from his lips in his whiny, phlegmatic voice. Instead it rolls out in a deep cultured baritone that sets his own skin, and possibly the skin of those within arm's length, to crawling.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

After Aiden gets dressed, he opens up the bag and stares at the contents for a while. He's never had this much money at once before, and he hardly even knows what to do with all of it. If it's a duffel bag, then Aiden slings it over his shoulder and heads off to get some writing supplies, and some new clothes.
    It's in a variety of currencies, ranging from coins made of precious metals to normal - possibly even quite familiar, in some cases - paper money, and computer chips that directly alter the balance in a store's bank account when used.

However, unless there was either quite a misunderstanding as to the scale of the salary, or I'm thinking duffel bags are much larger than they are, it shouldn't take anything near that size to carry it in, though in any case, he should have plenty of money for new clothes and things to write with.

12. - Top - End - #1062

[Hollow Hill]

Duffel bags are about the same size as an average backpack, I think.

In any case, Aiden will be gone for a few hours as he buys what he needs.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

"What?"

"Very carefully," CB states simply. Of course, neither of the robot have any flesh to crawl.

"Inside... me?"

The patient appears to be somewhat surprised and is suddenly distracted from internal potential doom by external potential doom.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

[Ponona Blvd]

Erin, pulled aside by Taul, listens with a frown, nodding. "That...makes sense, I guess. And that's strange. Has anybody attempted putting the paitents inside an anti-magic field?" she suggests.

Taul might notice her eyes are still glowing, solid green, instead of the normal-pupiled Spice-blue they were when she arrived...

===

"Good question," Shrike observes, swimming over to the side of the pool near Tina, the maple syrup gleaming on her shoulders as she bobs in the sticky pool contents. "Must be waiting to make a truly grand entrance."

Kara looks quite happy with her lover and friend, but she's blushing still more as she spots the pool and the scantily-clad beauties in and around it.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Orc in the Playground

The Temple of Splendours

"Oh, I'm sure he, or she, will arrive. Unless there's a hidey hole nearby through which he's watching us swim in the syrup. That might be more likely, actually, given that there's so many girls. And a skeleton; that might be female, too. I can't tell what species they were, let alone their gender." Myrim means no offence to the Admiral, although I'm not certain where he is in relation to her.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]
    Pass observes the maple syrup bathers and frowns, confused.
    Why are they immersing themselves in a high-viscosity adhesive liquid? They must understand that they will endure considerable trouble later in washing off the residue, especially in the case of their hair and clothing?
    That's right, dear. Wonder why the pretty ladies are bathing in syrup rather than checking them out.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

Duffel bags are about the same size as an average backpack, I think.

In any case, Aiden will be gone for a few hours as he buys what he needs.
    That would be a fair bit more than necessary for this, then.

Whatever it's in, nothing will hamper him from whatever it is he wants to do, within reason, when he gets back.
    ---

Talnissa chuckles gently, running a warm hand reassuringly up and down Kara's back.

"I take it you're not up for a swim just yet, then?

And Pass, I suspect they're doing so because it's fun, even with the all the trouble getting it off is going to be..."

Meanwhile, the other robotic undead slips out of her dress, revealing that she's wearing a not at all modest ice-white bikini under it, and slides into the pool.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

Denvark the large alien shark like man is also around. Namely at the bottom of the pool of syrup singing. His voice is much like a whale's and in the syrup those that have their heads or ears underwater might should be able to hear it. He rarely comes up to get another gulp of air.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

"...I think I'll be able to handle it," Kara observes after a moment. "It's just that I'm not...used to showing off quite so much in public, you know?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]
    I am also unfamiliar with such public displays of exposed skin, Kara; you are not alone in this regard.
    Pass gives Kara a slight smile.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]

Talnissa smiles at her as well, nodding.

"Fair enough. I'm not exactly used to it either, even if I am more comfortable with it than you are... If it helps, remember you're lovely, okay?"

22. - Top - End - #1072

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden is back before too long, and immediately heads to his room with his new clothes and an electronic typewriter. Rather than sort his belongings, he immediately gets to writing.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

Nothing disturbs him for the next few hours, though at the end of that time there's a quiet knock on the door, if it's closed; if it's open, the elf with the lines tattooed on her face he saw yesterday simply peeks in to see if he's busy or not.

24. - Top - End - #1074

[Hollow Hill]

The door is closed, so the elf will have to knock. After a couple of seconds she'll hear Aiden saying "Come in."

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [The Temple of Splendours][/B]

Talnissa chuckles gently, running a warm hand reassuringly up and down Kara's back.

"I take it you're not up for a swim just yet, then?

And Pass, I suspect they're doing so because it's fun, even with the all the trouble getting it off is going to be..."

Meanwhile, Pavati has swam up near the edge of the pool where everyone else is. She hears Talnissa's earlier comment (because I was slow to post) and decides to comment.

"The fun part about about cleaning it off later is finding someone to lick you clean." She turns to look at Kal to give him an exaggerated wink, and then proceeds to burst out laughing. It's unclear how serious she was.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

The door is closed, so the elf will have to knock. After a couple of seconds she'll hear Aiden saying "Come in."
    She slips in, then, though she doesn't come much beyond the doorway.

"I was just wondering if you'd like some breakfast?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Meanwhile, Pavati has swam up near the edge of the pool where everyone else is. She hears Talnissa's earlier comment (because I was slow to post) and decides to comment.

"The fun part about about cleaning it off later is finding someone to lick you clean." She turns to look at Kal to give him an exaggerated wink, and then proceeds to burst out laughing. It's unclear how serious she was.
    ((I'll post for this after BR and Beans post.))

27. - Top - End - #1077

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden looks up from his typewriter. "Yeah, breakfast would be great. What's on the menu?"

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

She explains the various options, most of which are designed for fae of one sort or another, though there are a fair few that sound like they'd be quite good to humans too.

29. - Top - End - #1079

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden's never heard of the vast majority of the options, so he starts to look a little confused. "Umm, that last one sounds alright." He was probably going to have to get some more conventional food.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]

Kara smiles back at Pass, then blushes at Talnissa's words.
    "Thanks. And so are you..."
    She then turns bright red at Pavati's commment, as Shrike laughs. "I like the way you think, Whiskers."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew