New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Heya Kayne, you could involve the Keeper in your Samsara plot if you wish to. He could 'take on' one of the kids until a teacher sweeps in for a rescue.
    I may just do that. I'm still working out some kinks in the storyline in general, and it'll be a bit longer before I get it started, due to work and school eating my life. Also, we may need to have a discussion regarding power level in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Hey Kayne, just a heads up, but Kina's mother isn't a Quincy at all. Neither of her parents are. Her father is actually biologically part of the Quincy line, but he refused his heritage long ago. Unless Mayumi was talking about someone else's mother, in which case well I feel silly.

After reading it again I think you're talking about Mayumi's mother, so yeah, woo.

I'll get on posting an actual response tomorrow.
    Yeah, Mayumi was referring to her own mother, not Kina's. In Mayumi's history, and in the history of the Yamashiro family, I mention that Mayumi's mother was an extremely important figure in her life. Therefore, it was quite a high compliment (though not one that Kina knows about yet) to be compared to Mayumi's mother. Even though her name currently escapes me.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Kyoki and Ragunaroku: Waiting on Cecelia to respond to her miniature rant.

Jiro: Still at the training ground

Chase and Koga: Waiting for responses to Chase's introduction to the other kids in the mortal world. Likely to be assumed to skip to the next day.

Everything seems to be going okay. Also Episode 13 looks fun from what I've read. Also, Terry is Sora's sister supposed to be his Zanpakuto?
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-24 at 09:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

All right, any ideas for a defensive hollow ability? I have a few, but leaving it up to the playerbase.

Hollow Ideas:
    Tortodon: A tortoise-like hollow with a long, flexible neck and serpentine head. Can harden its shell by retracting all its limbs and head.
    • Harden Shell: While Valeria adopts this ability, her skin hardens as if it were under the effects of super-tough hierro.

Iron Maiden: This ape-like hollow is covered in iron-hard chitinous plates. The plates make her resistant to physical damage, and they also behave oddly like sekkisekki, reducing the impact of cero and kido.
    • Mighty Guard: Valeria gains chitinous sekki-sekki-like plates around her arms. They can be used to block and reduce the impact of physical attacks, and also act as a sort of shield when imposed towards a spiritual attack. Finally, Valeria can move these plates to another person by touching them, however they must stay within 30 feet of Valeria.

In case you're wondering, Valeria's abilities are categorized by color.
    Red are fire and mostly attack abilities, Orange is light, encompassing abilities that are light-themed, which could include healing, Yellow is earth, mostly of defensive nature. Green is wind, and also plantoid-type hollow abilities. A mixed bag. Blue includes water and ice. Probably mostly attack abilities. Indigo is darkness, the opposition to light, including attack abilities and the debilitating poisonous abilities she's acquired or will acquire. Finally, Violet encompasses electric abilities. Also mostly attacks.

Why are Val's abilities based on the color of a rainbow? Well, you'll just have to see, won't you.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-11-25 at 03:46 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Shadow: a two dimensional creature. Gained ability: to become thin as paper to become hard to detect, to slip through cracks, or to avoid blows.

Goo: a blob monster. Gained ability: flow around blows like quicksilver. Must still stay in one piece.

Ghost: an intangible spirit. Gained ability: temporary immaterialness.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would say the Iron Maiden power would work best for her. She seems like the type to defend other people rather than herself. Oh yeah, Straw is ther anything that I can do at the moment? Maybe control any NPC's since all of my characters are at a forced standstill?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Shadow: a two dimensional creature. Gained ability: to become thin as paper to become hard to detect, to slip through cracks, or to avoid blows.

Goo: a blob monster. Gained ability: flow around blows like quicksilver. Must still stay in one piece.

Ghost: an intangible spirit. Gained ability: temporary immaterialness.
    I don't think anyone wants Draken getting his hands on an immaterial hollow again, ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

So. A few questions again. Sorry about all these.

1. I've been looking at other people's characters, and I noticed something I'm missing. Azmus, my arrancar, has no aspect of death. Is there a list of these, and would someone care to help me think of one if there isn't, etc?

2. I'm kinda worried about just jumping into anything in the Mortal World, or Hueco Mundo. I'm not exactly sure how to go about inserting myself into either of those, since my characters there are basically unknown of, and I have no idea what's happening. What should I do?

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps with these.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Anything that can cause death can be regarded as an aspect of death. It ranges from obvious things such as Thirst or Starvation, to conceptually broad aspects not wholy devoted to death (Leadership, Madness), to the tried and true Sins (Pride, Lust), to objective causa mortis (bear [attack]), to the objectively defining necessity of an entity to be afflicted by death (Life - I changed a bit ago, was a more obvious match to his necromancia).

Including yourself in a scene is not supposed to be daunting, but if you feel so, see if anyone wants to start a scene and work out a basic interaction to happen.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-11-26 at 12:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Kyoki and Ragunaroku: Waiting on Cecelia to respond to her miniature rant.

Jiro: Still at the training ground

Chase and Koga: Waiting for responses to Chase's introduction to the other kids in the mortal world. Likely to be assumed to skip to the next day.

Everything seems to be going okay. Also Episode 13 looks fun from what I've read. Also, Terry is Sora's sister supposed to be his Zanpakuto?
    Your question is PLOTPLOTPLOTPLOT. So I refuse to answer it.

I'll respond to Kyoki in a minute.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    So. A few questions again. Sorry about all these.

1. I've been looking at other people's characters, and I noticed something I'm missing. Azmus, my arrancar, has no aspect of death. Is there a list of these, and would someone care to help me think of one if there isn't, etc?

2. I'm kinda worried about just jumping into anything in the Mortal World, or Hueco Mundo. I'm not exactly sure how to go about inserting myself into either of those, since my characters there are basically unknown of, and I have no idea what's happening. What should I do?

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps with these.
    Can you point me to your Mortal World character? One of mine may well fit the bill.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Anything that can cause death can be regarded as an aspect of death. It ranges from obvious things such as Thirst or Starvation, to conceptually broad aspects not wholy devoted to death (Leadership, Madness), to the tried and true Sins (Pride, Lust), to objective causa mortis (bear [attack]), to the objectively defining necessity of an entity to be afflicted by death (Life - I changed a bit ago, was a more obvious match to his necromancia).

Including yourself in a scene is not supposed to be daunting, but if you feel so, see if anyone wants to start a scene and work out a basic interaction to happen.
    That was certainly helpful, thank you. I'm thinking maybe deceit, then, for Azmus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Can you point me to your Mortal World character? One of mine may well fit the bill.
    Sure thing. He's right here.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    That was certainly helpful, thank you. I'm thinking maybe deceit, then, for Azmus?

Sure thing. He's right here.
    Seems like one of those guys that Reiji would like to have on his employ. You wouldn't BELIEVE how useful a chemistry major could be as far as off-the-records forensic analysis and such could go, especially if he can see spirits, which means Reiji can ask favors through spirit proxies.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seems like one of those guys that Reiji would like to have on his employ. You wouldn't BELIEVE how useful a chemistry major could be as far as off-the-records forensic analysis and such could go, especially if he can see spirits, which means Reiji can ask favors through spirit proxies.
    I'm sure Higure would be happy to help. How should they meet, then?

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Meeting at the courthouse would probably be appropriate.

As a sidenote for those accompanying Episode 12: Chiodo di Bara di Fiamma = Flame Coffin Nail.

Why, I know they don't LOOK like nails, but that's part of the fun, ain't it?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cackling Oni is pretty convinced that 99% of life's problems can be corrected with the judicious use of more gun and making things explode.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

... and so continues the running gag of Lalita getting his arms brutally maimed as the result of his fights.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-11-26 at 06:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Cackling Oni is pretty convinced that 99% of life's problems can be corrected with the judicious use of more gun and making things explode.
    War approves of this.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

War approves of this.
    ....Oh dear. Ohdear ohdear.

Kuroi, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

EDIT: Do you want to "timeskip" a bit, and have me contrive a situation for Oni and Mask to meet in-person?
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-11-26 at 07:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe KD, but how would we make bologna cheese out of broccoli and pretzels?

I'm fine with whatever. Though I'd LOVE to see CO fume just a teensy tiny bit.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Maybe KD, but how would we make bologna cheese out of broccoli and pretzels?
    WITH SCIENCE!!!

I'm fine with whatever. Though I'd LOVE to see CO fume just a teensy tiny bit.
    Fair enough. I'll do just that.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, I think I'll go with Iron Maiden.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm not sure what you mean by 'call' Kuroi. Wanna elaborate?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

He meant that she gets to pick whether she wants to beat up Genny or Hanny, but he gets to beat up whoever she didn't pick.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

*eye roll*

At least one of them is doomed whatever happens.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Draken, in the case you missed it, Lalita's looking for the Infante watching over Decimo Sector.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, so, when are we going to go through the 2-week timeskip? Unless Kayne splits the "event" between several locations, I think we ought to have some sort of meeting, whether in the training episode (during the skip) or in the main thread (after the skip) so whatever Kayne is planning can happen.

Speaking of which, have a few abilities for Val to have accrued over the training week span. Not all that need be covered onscreen. This isn't including Mighty Guard.

Freezing Breath: Valeria breathes supercold air that freezes foes.
    Flameburst: Valeria releases a burning bomb not unlike a cero from her hand that explodes in a wide area on contact.
    Blitzstrahl: Valeria's hands are coated in electrical energy, allowing her to strike with shocking punches, or channel it through handled weapons. The electricity can temporarily stun or disorient foes by disrupting their body.

That covers all the colors so far within Val's powers, so I'll leave the last to suggestion for a while. I'm basing a lot of these on FFXI's blue mage and also pokemon moves, so someone with an interesting ability idea that is not shamelessly ripped is welcome. XD

Though for example, the reason I took Mighty Guard over Frozen_Feet's suggestions is that they never fully modify Val's body. They usually provide minute additions, if any at all.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Yeah, Mayumi was referring to her own mother, not Kina's. In Mayumi's history, and in the history of the Yamashiro family, I mention that Mayumi's mother was an extremely important figure in her life. Therefore, it was quite a high compliment (though not one that Kina knows about yet) to be compared to Mayumi's mother. Even though her name currently escapes me.
    Yeah, I figured that out after reading it over a few times. Makes more sense that way, I think.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

CONCERNING THE SAMSARA ARC: To whomever it may concern:
    While a meeting regarding all this would be nice, it's probably not actually feasible, since I distinctly recall asking for a response in this very thread from every Samsara player, and never getting more than three responses. So, here's what I have in mind, in general terms so as to avoid any unnecessary spoilers.

I intend to start it in it's own Episode. I think that arcs like these are why we have the separate Episodes in the first place, and this has been my intention from the beginning. Ideally, I'd have in two Episodes, with the first ending in a nice cliffhanger; however, that's a little too complicated, given how much trouble we have with finishing even a single short arc, much less one of this size.

I do intend to have the starting fights in different locations, but I think attempting to plan much beyond that is asking for trouble. However, I have both a starting point and an end in mind, and several ways to get from the one to the other. I will be giving each Samsara player a target to start with, and (in the Episode thread), they will start with a battle between that Samsara and that/those mortal character(s). I will be trying to avoid having players fight themselves (e.g. Valeria vs. Magnus), to keep confusion to a minimum, and to keep the battles interesting. I already have some match-ups in mind, and will be PMing those to Samsara players. Mortal world players will not know which Samsara are targeting which characters, to keep things interesting.

When will it start? That depends on several factors, most tellingly how much input it will require from me directly. The beginning probably won't need much guidance from me, because it will be the kids getting attacked, the teachers driving off the Samsara, and then their reaction. If you're reading this Edge, I ask that you not scrap Soren, because he will be getting exercise in this arc. I'll need as many teachers as possible to keep the battles even, and to give the Samsara reason to not kill the kids when they meet them. So, I'll probably be starting it in the coming week, perhaps as early as Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how quickly I can get things in order.

So, a quick cast list. On the Samsara's side, I have:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strawberry, as Magnus.
    Wahrheit, as Cha-Cha.
    Dorizzit, as Sumiko.
    Nick, as The Keeper.
    Sucrose, as Yu Shen (Are you still playing this?)
    Terry, as [Insert Samsara name here]
    Riccaru, as Aell
    Kayne650, as Cassandra
    ???, as Big Boss.

On the kid's side, we have:
    Spoiler
    Show
    KD, as Kaito Watanabe.
    Strawberry, as Valeria Abel.
    Terry, as Sora Namikaze.
    TGVA, as Kina Yashimoto.
    Dorizzit, as Nakahiro Wada.
    Nothingclever, as Ken Go.
    Horngeek, as Izumi Hayashi.
    Wahrheit, as Rex Irons.
    AnimeKid, as Chase and Koga Suzaku.

As teachers, we have:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kayne650, as Mayumi Yamashiro.
    Strawberry, as Hibiki Hamasaki.
    Edge, as Soren Stein. (hopefully?)
    Kuroimaken, as Heiaki Hasunaga, and Hakusai/Byakusai/Yuurei no Kamen/whatever the hell Kuroi's calling him now. Not technically a teacher, but close enough.

As a poor bystander, we have Frozen_Feet, as Mihail. Poor Mihail.

Also, Elder was tagged. I don't think she'll be involved in this, given her absurd power level.

And there you have it. In regards to Rex and Cha-Cha, Wahrheit has assured me that he'll be returning this coming week. If there any questions, any characters I missed, or people who have ceased playing while I was gone, please let me know. Thanks for reading this, anyone who made it to the end!

EDIT: Added in Byakusai to the teacher's section, as well as Chase and Koga to the kid's page. Sorry y'all, there are a lot of people in here.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-11-27 at 09:27 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Wasn't Byakusai tagged too? Or am I trippin'?

Speaking of NC, Hasunaga has a lotta coaching to do and no one to do it with!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Umm, Kayne can I have Koga and Chase be in this on the kids side? If that will make things to complicated or hard for you or anyone else I can not do it.