New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Outside]

The trail - now more garlicy than jasmine - can be picked up.

It leads to the Boathouse!
    Keo rushes over, but stops outside the door. She listens intently with her keen ears. She sniffs around the perimeter of the house, to confirm that Jamie is, indeed, inside the boathouse.

If Jamie is in the boathouse as far as she can tell, Keo will open the door and look inside.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Soul Quest]

Sallianne waits impatiently, tapping her foot in mid-air. When the group finally goes again, she follows after.

((If you had something in mind, I'm more than willing to discuss, and switch off. ))
    I didn't, but I figured something out for this one. So now I do!

[Forest]

As the group travels, they might note a distinct lack of usual animal and nature noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Over the Skies of GLOG]

Yet another beautiful day in GLOG. Skies overhead are the beautiful tranquil blue, with a few puffy clouds gliding effortlessly over the skies; watching silently over those below them.

However, that silent sky is humming with noise on this day. Over the sky 4 ships can be seen as flying over the GLOG headquarters. Sounds of gunfire and explosions can be heard echoing faintly over the Campsite as the one larger ship rapidly breaks away from the three smaller ships, circling each other in their dogfight, unaware of those below them.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

[Forest]

Sophie looks around cautiously.
    It's too quiet... God, that sounded so cliche, didn't it? Either way, something's definetly up.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sophie may hear a series of small and metallic clangs, as discarded rounds from the ships above begin to rain down from the sky. A few of the rounds land in front, cool to the touch by now.

Then there is the sound of an explosion, much louder boom then those preceding it. On the three ships takes a direct hit from a missile, its engines screeching as a thick smoke billows from it in a spiraling motion as the ship starts losing altitude. The damaged aircraft continues to fire at the second ship pursuing it as it descends.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Hunting]

So there isn't any more confusion, I created a thread here. Check it out Morty, Lex, and BR.

[Crashing]

Reinholdt lifts his head from his cat nap. Unslinging his rifle he shifts to human form to go investigate why there was exploding things happening here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashing]

Echo begins to store the various noises, as he heads off to investigate the things falling from the sky.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Faction 1: Ships 1 & 3 Faction 2: Ship 2))

[Overhead GLOG]

The aircraft continue to spiral downward around each as if they were dancing in twirled about in the sky.

This display turn deadly quickly as the ships come within only 1000, or so ft from the ground when the already damaged ship is blasted by another missile, from its pursuer: the Second Ship. Shrapnel begins to join the rain of shell casings, as the doomed first aircraft careens towards the woods just West of the campgrounds, smoke and a acidic-green fire marking its path to its soon to be crash site.

The Second Ship makes it way back towards the sky to find the Third Ship which has seemed to have disappeared. (Pause here for GLOG player's actions)

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Pathfinder's Hut

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lily returns to Pathfinder's side, and that's when she sees Andy and points to him with her unwounded hand. Her wounded one is curled up against her, and she has tears in her eyes from the pain. "He grabbed me, after the lady did, but I kicked him like you told me to, and that's when I ran away."
    I think he's the one who tried to chain me up too. Vidalia looks at him suspiciously. It's a good thing I'm not that easy.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crashing]

Reinholdt changes his tactics from that of trying to reach the downed ship to that of hiding in the trees and taking cover from OMG RAINING DEATH SHRAPNEL.

It seems like a sound plan to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Keo rushes over, but stops outside the door. She listens intently with her keen ears. She sniffs around the perimeter of the house, to confirm that Jamie is, indeed, inside the boathouse.

If Jamie is in the boathouse as far as she can tell, Keo will open the door and look inside.
    The smell indicates that Jamie is, in fact, inside!

And the boathouse door is opened, revealing a few paddleboats present.

One is bobbing in the water.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #732
    Dwarf in the Playground

A few tree were hit during the ships crash, leaving some with pieces of the ships, or spots of green fire burning-out on the branches; while the remaining trees within its crash course were snapped, like twigs or knocked down by the aircraft. Following that particular path should lead straight to the downed ship.

[The Skies of GLOG]

With two ships remaining and the second one seemingly to have disappeared, the the first ship flies in a wide circle looking for its other opponent. Then in only an instant the Second opposing ship appears, diving from the sky at high speeds, unleashing what would likely be its entire array of armaments at the circling fighter.

Caught off-guard and unable to maneuver out of the line of fire the circling fighter is struck, barely able to retain its structural integrity. The fighter plummet from the sky rocketing to the earth just a little Northwest of the first ship's crashsite. The few armaments that didn't hit the ship as well as now larger bits of shrapnel pock the ground around the GLOG Campground. The final fighter manages to breaks its nosedive only a few dozen feet off the ground as it soars back into the sky.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Scent is good here, but what is needed is sound. A quick sniff around, and Keo listens hard for any incriminating breathing sounds. Her eyes, defeating dark corners with their glow, watch for any movement.

When your senses are hunter's senses, hide and seek is a much bigger deal.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Pathfinder's Hut

Pathfinder narrows his eyes when he sees Andy. "The girl is safe. You have no call to be here. The spirits here remember you sneaking around before, seeking my brother and his mate. Come closer and I'll have them remove you from the area."

As a way to back him up, the two spirit wolves from before drift in and out of sight near Andy. If it comes down to it, they won't injure Andy unless Pathfinder asks them to.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Crashing]

Having been in the infirmary working, Krystal couldn't see what was going on. However, she was able to hear it.

She steps outside just as the one wounded ship pulled out of its dive. Krystal watches it for a moment, wondering what was happening. Then she scans the horizon, to see if anything had crashed. Seeing the trail of debris, Krystal decides to follow it. Partly to see if she could help, and partly just out of curiosity.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Breathing sounds...

They're faint.
    But there's breathing sounds coming from one of the boats up on a rack.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #737
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Aha! Keo will have no trouble climbing the boats on the rack, and will peek in the boat in question to see if Jamie is inside!

If she is, Keo will say, "I found you, Jamie! The hidden has been found!"

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

In the boat is...a small foxJamie!
    Who sticks her tongue out at Keo playfully.
    "Looks like you're a better hider than I am!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

"I have lots of practice! I train hard! You just need more practice, is all. That was a nice trick with the smelly plants, though."

Keo will have to remember that one!

"Ooh, can we play a board game, now? I want to learn a board game!" Keo is quite excited!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

"I thought it might help throw you off the scent, so to speak."
    Jamie giggles, and hops out of the boat.
    "Sure! How about Battleship? C'mon!"

And she'll lead the way back to the main cabin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    A few tree were hit during the ships crash, leaving some with pieces of the ships, or spots of green fire burning-out on the branches; while the remaining trees within its crash course were snapped, like twigs or knocked down by the aircraft. Following that particular path should lead straight to the downed ship.

[The Skies of GLOG]

With two ships remaining and the second one seemingly to have disappeared, the the first ship flies in a wide circle looking for its other opponent. Then in only an instant the Second opposing ship appears, diving from the sky at high speeds, unleashing what would likely be its entire array of armaments at the circling fighter.

Caught off-guard and unable to maneuver out of the line of fire the circling fighter is struck, barely able to retain its structural integrity. The fighter plummet from the sky rocketing to the earth just a little Northwest of the first ship's crashsite. The few armaments that didn't hit the ship as well as now larger bits of shrapnel pock the ground around the GLOG Campground. The final fighter manages to breaks its nosedive only a few dozen feet off the ground as it soars back into the sky.
    [Crashing]

Reinholdt thoroughly intends to stay in cover until it stops raining ship parts. Not many people are prepared to handle the random collateral damage of flying ship parts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fallen From The Skies of GLoG]

Echo, being a ghost, shouldn't have to worry about the falling ship bits, and thus continues on his path to the first crash.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-29 at 10:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside to Main Cabin

"It would have, but then you smelled like smelly plant."

Keo will follow Jamie to the main cabin.

"So, what is Battleship? How does it go?"

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside > Main Cabin]

Basically, each player has a couple of positions on the board, that are designated as ships," Jamie explains as they arrive at the Main Cabin. "You can't see your opponent's half of the board, so you have to guess where your enemy's pieces are, and you attempt to 'shoot' at them. And, if you hit, to continue 'shooting', until you've hit all of the positions in that particular 'ship', which sinks it. The winner is the first player to sink all of their enemy's ships."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #745
    Dwarf in the Playground

The two crash site are still smoldering with fire. The Second Crash Site produced a far less devastating crater, but the what remains of the wrecked aircraft is hardly recognizable as a ship. Despite the few smoldering fires, any character should have no problem approaching the wrecks.

At this point the rain of shrapnel has subsided and the skies are once again clear and peaceful...for the moment.

((And Deadtime))
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-12-29 at 11:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Keo will need all the rules explained to her, and may also need some examples as she has the learning capacity of... um, whatever age she is. Probably single digits.

Once they really start playing, Keo will do as well as you expect someone her age to do: poorly. Unless Jamie basically hands the game to her, Keo will probably lose.

She's a good sport about it, though.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Bugbear in the Playground

The two crash site are still smoldering with fire. The Second Crash Site produced a far less devastating crater, but the what remains of the wrecked aircraft is hardly recognizable as a ship. Despite the few smoldering fires, any character should have no problem approaching the wrecks.

At this point the rain of shrapnel has subsided and the skies are once again clear and peaceful...for the moment.

((And Deadtime))
    Krystal will slowly approach the second crash site. She's cautious, in case something decides to leap out and attack her.

Hello? Are you hurt? Can you hear me?

She keeps her eyes peeled for signs of life.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

((And Deadtime))
    [Crash and Burn]

Reinholdt resumes his trek towards the first crash site now that it's not raining anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Keo will need all the rules explained to her, and may also need some examples as she has the learning capacity of... um, whatever age she is. Probably single digits.

Once they really start playing, Keo will do as well as you expect someone her age to do: poorly. Unless Jamie basically hands the game to her, Keo will probably lose.

She's a good sport about it, though.
    Jamie will almost certainly win, but she'll be encouraging about it!
    And offer another game, the better for Keo to put her newfound knowledge of actual play to work.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons

[Crashing]

An armoured individual, carrying what appears to be a mechanical octopus, spots the falling shrapnel as it approaches the GloG base, raising an arm as if to stop it with sheer force before an unexpected turn takes place.

A tree, already damaged by the crashing aircrafts, finally gives in and breaks, knocking the armoured creature over.

"... Ow."

The creature, having established that luck does not seem to have grown fonder, makes way toward the camp to figure out what has foregone.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.