New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 136 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Hehe, there is nothing like the word limited or exclusive to drive up interest*.
    I'm such a sucker for that. If there was a mention of some kind of "limited/collectors edition" I'd sell my motorbike to get it.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    That's because of the limited option stuff. It slowed down again afterwards.

I'm just scared. What if we run out of OoTS readers?
    There's 27 days to get 13.3 K. I think we're good.

BTW: As people start to/continue to get home from work in the Western Hemisphere, I expect the totals to keep on chuggling along as people log in after being at work all day. In fact, in the last 15 minutes or so, it's already gone up another $500 or so.

As I said, I think we're good.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-24 at 06:30 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #453
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    I'm such a sucker for that. If there was a mention of some kind of "limited/collectors edition" I'd sell my motorbike to get it.
    Maybe a hard-bound multi-volume set including all of the comics when the strip is all over?

4. - Top - End - #454
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Just wanted to drop in and say that I will scour this thread for questions late tonight, but I just spent 3 hours catching up on my Kickstarter messaging and I have to go out now.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

Missed out on the autographs once more - it took me too long to get through the checkout, and I am practically chewing the walls in frustration. Ah well, c'est la vie.

From Giant's posts, it seems the major obstacle to more of the massively in demand autographed copies is getting the books delivered to him, signed, and then posted out again. I noticed another webcomic that deals with production being a long way from the author by using signed/customized bookplates - these are either provided in advance to the main seller or sent separately through the mail to be attached by the buyer. I was wondering if this was something that might work for OotS?

Roll on Paladin Blues!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

Hm, I've got a question. When SSaDT was added to the list earlier this morning (or last night?), there was a limit of 300 on the $68 two-book combo, because they aren't getting reprinted right now and there's only a limited number of them available. Now though, the $87 three-book combo also offers SSaDT, and has no upper limit on how many people can get it.

Is there a possibility of there not being enough SSaDT books for everyone?

7. - Top - End - #457

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I missed the opportunity to get a cheap, signed OoTS book. Oh well. I'm really looking forward to the Mystery Prize. Think we'll reach it?
    If the current rate of pledges were to continue, it would cross the $1,000,000 line.

While I don't actually think this will happen, it will slow down eventually, it's a fairly safe bet that the $120,000 mark is in the bag.

8. - Top - End - #458

Quote Originally Posted by Sethala View Post
    Hm, I've got a question. When SSaDT was added to the list earlier this morning (or last night?), there was a limit of 300 on the $68 two-book combo, because they aren't getting reprinted right now and there's only a limited number of them available. Now though, the $87 three-book combo also offers SSaDT, and has no upper limit on how many people can get it.

Is there a possibility of there not being enough SSaDT books for everyone?
    I had been puzzling over that too.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

And now I'm a backer.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

10. - Top - End - #460
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*fingers crossed for reaching the "everything so far" package* I don't have any OotS books and have been meaning to buy them someday -- apparently "someday" is "now"
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Giant, can you add a $10 pledge that is just the PDFs? I have no use for a refrigerator magnet (they're just not my thing) and would prefer to save you the cost of the magnet and the shipping of the magnet.

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by keldorn View Post
    OOTS seems to already be one of the 64 most funded projects in KickStarter's history. Most of the really big numbers are design or technology. But, looking at arty stuff, the current most funded comic raised $109,301. $171,805 is the biggest game total which is sort of related to OOTS. Then there are five music, film or video results bigger then that- all over $200K. I wonder how close the OOTS reprint drive will get to each of those.
    I have now seen that the total has reached $109,349, making OOTS the highest funded comic on KickStarter so far.

It's probably somewhere around the top 50 mark over all. I'll make myself a little table to track once I've finished clearing up afteer the ferrets and putting the rubbish out.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

$110K mark reached. Just a few more for the "mystery prize", then a bit more for Paladin Blues. As that and WaXPs are the only two I'm missing, super excited to get the chance to have them both. Especially if I can get them in the same pledge.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, so I need OtOoPCs, NCftPB (which we'll meet long before a month passes), and War and XPs. I snagged the reward for a signed War and XPs, but I still will need copies of the other two. If I recall correctly, Rich said his location is where the signed copies will be sent from, and that's different from where non-signed copies will be sent from. Because of that, am I correct in assuming it would be unreasonable to try and have a signed War and XPs and an unsigned OtOoPCs in the same reward package?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Giant, can you add a $10 pledge that is just the PDFs? I have no use for a refrigerator magnet (they're just not my thing) and would prefer to save you the cost of the magnet and the shipping of the magnet.
    I think you get it as long as you put a pledge in, you don't need to select getting the magnet to do so. Probably best to wait til there's an official answer to be sure, but that's my guess.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Strat.. View Post
    I think you get it as long as you put a pledge in, you don't need to select getting the magnet to do so. Probably best to wait til there's an official answer to be sure, but that's my guess.
    You misunderstand. I don't want a refrigerator magnet. It's just going into a landfill someday. If they don't ship it, they save time and money on shipping and can sell my magnet to someone else. I doubt I'm the only person NOT interested in the magnet.
    Last edited by jmucchiello; 2012-01-24 at 08:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'd just send him a message via Kickstarter after you pledge saying you don't want the free magnet.

Probably easier on his end than setting up a whole new pledge category.

You misunderstand. I don't want a refrigerator magnet. It's just going into a landfill someday. If they don't ship it, they save time and money on shipping and can sell my magnet to someone else. I doubt I'm the only person NOT interested in the magnet.
    Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know if Rich can set up two pledge points at the same amount. I can't recall ever seeing a Kickstarter drive that had one.

Besides, having two identical pledge points might confuse people who aren't paying attention or click the wrong one by mistake. Sure, you wouldn't think it likely. But when you're getting to 1000 people accidents can happen. And I doubt Rich wants to deal with emails saying, "Where's mah magnet" when someone wasn't paying attention and hit the wrong one.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-24 at 08:14 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    I'd just send him a message via Kickstarter after you pledge saying you don't want the free magnet.

Probably easier on his end than setting up a whole new pledge category.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know if Rich can set up two pledge points at the same amount. I can't recall ever seeing a Kickstarter drive that had one.

Besides, having two identical pledge points might confuse people who aren't paying attention or click the wrong one by mistake. Sure, you wouldn't think it likely. But when you're getting to 1000 people accidents can happen. And I doubt Rich wants to deal with emails saying, "Where's mah magnet" when someone wasn't paying attention and hit the wrong one.
    I too would be more interested if it didn't include a magnet. And my shipping is to the UK. Is a $9.99 point allowed?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

smile Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    I would guess that there are also a fair number of people like me, who don't think normally about buying the books, but the fun and excitement of this has sucked us in. I was really excited about giving some to get the digital bonus stories, and have now managed to talk myself into upgrading my pledge multiple times until I've reached the $68 level.

I've been a weekly reader for years, but have never signed up for the forums or interacted in any way. But like so many others, I've been completely enchanted watching the total climb over the last couple of days.
    Just had to quote your whole post for truth. I've been reading OOTS for years and never bought any of the merch, assuming none of it was in short supply. I didn't even realize the books had bonus material, or there were print-only comics. This pledge got me to look into it and now I'm trying to collect them all.

I'm especially looking forward to reading the print-only stuff I hadn't even heard about!

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Nooo! I go to class and the new signed options go up and get used up while I'm gone!

And I have 1/3 of the print only special.

There needs to be a prequel's +W&XPs option.

Or at least a print+War and XP's option, as I could maybe give the Spare snips, snails and dragon tails as a gift.

I've gotta think about what support option to go with now.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-01-24 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

I too would be more interested if it didn't include a magnet. And my shipping is to the UK. Is a $9.99 point allowed?
    No idea, but one for 9 dollars would work.

I'd also add one for 5 dollars, that gave you access to a special status in the forums, "I pledged!". That might get a big bunch of small donations.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pledged. And hoping that in the next eight hours or so we hit the $120,000 mark.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    That might get a big bunch of small donations.

Grey Wolf
    Right now there are only 9 people out of 2382 who have donated less than 10 dollars. It would appear that 10 is a small enough amount for almost everyone to donate.

24. - Top - End - #474

I have now seen that the total has reached $109,349, making OOTS the highest funded comic on KickStarter so far.

It's probably somewhere around the top 50 mark over all. I'll make myself a little table to track once I've finished clearing up afteer the ferrets and putting the rubbish out.
    Okay, at last look, we have just become the 50th largest fundraising project in KickStarter's history. We need:

$116,270 to match the biggest fundraising project in the art category
    $125,101 to be in the top 40
    $161,775 to be in the top 30
    $169,210 to be in the top 25
    $171,805 to match the largest project in the games category
    $201,401 to be in the top 20
    $207,980 to match the largest project in the music category
    $223,423 to be in the top 15
    $257,307 to match the largest project in the food category
    $281,990 to be in the top 10
    $345,992 to match the largest project in the film and video category
    $486,519 to be in the top 5
    $830,827 to match the largest project in the technology category
    $942,578 to match the largest project in the design category
    $942,579 to be the largest project.

I think top 20 is likely. Top 10 might run into the problem of Rich running out of projects to fund. I suppose it might prevent him from needing a loan to fund this year's book.

later: this, this and this are design projects that are currently (early 26 January) running and (again currently) have raised larger sums than OOTS and have all raised more than the 24th ranked project on which I have based my table. I think we might catch one in the next 24 hours with the NCftPB surge. I don't think we're likely to catch another and I am not sure about the third. Rather than tinker with the numbers on a daily (or more) basis, I'll add the projects to my table as each one finishes. (There are 3, 15 and 16 days left in increasing order of size.)
    Last edited by keldorn; 2012-01-26 at 03:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Right now there are only 9 people out of 2382 who have donated less than 10 dollars. It would appear that 10 is a small enough amount for almost everyone to donate.
    I'm not so sure about that - you can't measure who might not have donated by looking at who has. My point is that people might not donate unless they get something out of it, and 10 might be too high. A lower amount (now that Rich can't be worried about meeting the goal) might bring out a few more people out of the woodwork. Maybe even $5 is too high, and he could give the special status to anyone above $2, but it would be quite a bit of work for the forum administrators to do, so $5 seems like a reasonable compromise.

Grey Wolf
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

$942,578 to match the largest project in the design category
    $942,579 to be the largest project.
    That $1 difference has to be deliberate. I wonder how the project owner convinced his backers to stop at exactly that point.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    That $1 difference has to be deliberate. I wonder how the project owner convinced his backers to stop at exactly that point.
    Note the wording: the first is to "match" the largest project, the second to "be" the largest project. The difference must of course be $1 to go from a draw to a win.

GW
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-01-24 at 09:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Oh. I was misled by the "in the design category" label. The fact that the label is present implies that removing it would make the listing incorrect, and that therefore the largest overall project is a different one, with the only candidate being the final listing right below it.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-01-24 at 09:19 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

In another order of business, my evil mind can't decide which of the two following would impulse me to up my pledge:

$xxxx: Reward: Rich reveals what MitD is in a private email.
    $xxxx: Reward: pony up, and Rich doesn't reveal what MitD is.

The first one I'd consider. The second one might force me to sell children into slavery to pay the ransom and not spoil the surprise.

Grey Wolf

30. - Top - End - #480
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    $xxxx: Reward: Rich reveals what MitD is in a private email.
    Oh man, I want him to put this up there, and then send every single person a different response. That would be hilarious.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.