New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Blazen View Post
    1D6. I may not record my ability scores in hexadecimal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

483. Whatever I'm thinking about saying, Iron Heart Surge doesn't do that.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

484. I am not allowed to play a Lich. Ever again. Ever.
    485. Dragon Cohort is not something I can take.
    486. Hawks cannot attempt grapples against Hydras.
    487. Hawks may not attempt grapples against bebeliths.
    488. Hawks may not attempt to invent math in order to direct my teleports. Ever again.
    489. I cannot attempt Sunder Checks against an NPC's body with telekinesis.
    490. Hawk familiars may not benefit from an empowered Enlarge Person spell.
    491. Hawk familiars may not carry anyone small or larger, no matter the strength check.
    492. I may never again attempt to go super saiyan.
    493. Warforged do not make suitable plugs to interdimensional holes.
    494. My familiar may not become a lich either.
    495. When a dragon has an ally in its mouth, I may not dare them to bite the ally in half.
    Last edited by Rossebay; 2011-07-20 at 05:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274

496. I may no longer play a succubus. Because no.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

SwashbucklerGuy

497. May never make a female character with water breathing just so they can sit at the bottom of a lake and hand "mythical" swords to random passersby.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

#498. Playing a Necropolitan Human Dread Necromancer named Right4Dead is most certainly not allowed.

#499. "Shopkeepers who actually turn out to be mighty wizards" is not an acceptable favoured enemy for Rangers.
    #499b. Nor is "Barkeepers who were formerly adventurers".

#500. Under no circumstance can a character with INT as a dump stat wear a super-hero robe and pretend to be called Defendor.
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

7. - Top - End - #277

SwashbucklerGuy

#501: My barbarian's main battle tactic cannot be "Defenestrate them".

#502: My barbarian is not allowed to carry around a stack of windows while dungeon delving just so he can defenestrate the enemy

#503: Plate glass windows cannot be ordered in bulk.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

#504: The barbarian cannot hire two commoners to walk back and forth in front of him carrying a plate glass window.

#505: Or stack boxes of fruit in front of him.

#506: The barbarian cannot commission a magic item with an at-will activation of Summon Plate Glass Window.

MrRigger

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

507: I did not just deal 50d6 sneak attack damage with a wrench. No not even if I stack several powerful wrench buffing effects and am completely inaudible.

508: This goes double for hilariously massive hand replacing drills.

509: I can't have an enchanted camera that lets me become more powerful for taking pictures.

510: If I do have said camera and uber wrench I cannot turn every combat into a hilarious farce with them.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

511. Playing "Big Balls" at the royal gala will result in my bard being executed, regardless of my Performance roll.

512."Ballroom Blitz" is not allowed either.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Banned

DrowGuy

513. I am not allowed to play schizophrenic half-elves that worship Cthulhu anymore. Especially when they end up making friends with Tharizdon before epic tier.

514. I am also not allowed to hybrid with a Swordmage just because there's absolutely no downside to it.

515. I should not play mentally deficient Warforged, and name them after verbs like "Thunk," "Thwop," and "Bash."

516. As a response to my 3.5 DM asking me to not play a caster, I should not play a homebrew Gunslinger class and use nonlethal six-shooters to deal 56d6+49 damage per full-round action at level 7.
    Last edited by LudiDrizzt; 2011-07-20 at 07:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

SwashbucklerGuy

517: Not allowed to make a manically depressed Warforged with extremely high INT.

517a: Said Warforged is not named "Marvin"
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-07-20 at 07:52 PM.

*It does.*

What.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

518. Plate-glass-window-summoning is not a valid weapon enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    509: I can't have an enchanted camera that lets me become more powerful for taking pictures.
    *cough*SpeedGrapher*cough*
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Actually that whole post was a bioshock series reference. Seriously though that wrench just owned everything. Even the big daddies later on...
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually that whole post was a bioshock series reference. Seriously though that wrench just owned everything. Even the big daddies later on...
    Inspired by the Freeman School of FPS, surely.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I thought the gravity gun was the overpowered weapon in half life with the crowbar being good in certain situations but not amazing.

519: I never aloud to actually use the physics engine in combat again. That gravity gun/telekinesis/stasis module is for puzzles only.
    Last edited by ryu; 2011-07-21 at 06:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

I thought the gravity gun was the overpowered weapon in half life with the crowbar being good in certain situations but not amazing.

518: I never aloud to actually use the physics engine in combat again. That gravity gun/telekinesis/stasis module is for puzzles only.
    You mean 519.

18. - Top - End - #288

SwashbucklerGuy

520. Not allowed to deliberately make a Ring of Water Walking cursed so that it only works when under water.

521. This also goes for making a Ring of Water Breathing cursed to only work under lava.

*It does.*

What.

19. - Top - End - #289

522: "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" isn't always a good reason to keep a secret from your party members.
    522a: "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to introduce you to The O'Bannon", however, is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

523: I'm not allowed to make blueprints...ever
    524: Sovereign glue is banned in any game I play
    525:I can't use animate object to create an army of houses to stage mass kidnappings by replacing non-animated houses.
    526:I'm not allowed to open fire in the middle of a diplomacy check.

21. - Top - End - #291

Zombie

527. My warforged is neither fully functional nor anatomically correct.

528. Even if the mutagenic spores grant regeneration, it is not my cleric's duty to infect the party.

529. Bandits are to be defeated in personal scale combat. Forest fires are overkill.

530. Any program I wrote myself is not allowed at the table.

531. This does not mean I should maximize my average damage function with respect to power attack by hand.

532. Darkness and Silence cannot target tanglefoot bags.

533. The last man standing does not win Vampire.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

534. You're supposed to kill the Monitor Lizard, not try to use Wild Empathy 5 times.

534b. And throwing rocks at it only imposes a circumstance penalty.

535.Background feats are for adding flavor to a character, not for giving your Beguiler access to Evard's Black Tentacles.

536. Your Druid is going to do just fine without any more optimization, thank you very much.

537. Starting arms races is a horrible idea.

537b. No, Anti-Osmium can NOT be attained via Major Creation.

537c. Pun-Pun can not obtain the Epic Pseudo-natural template, you lose.

537d. Pelor wants his Solars back.
    Last edited by Darthteej; 2011-07-22 at 02:14 PM.
    Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

538. The Royal Artillery Corps does not consist of several commoner railguns.

24. - Top - End - #294

539. The special police squad the government uses to quell commoner riots is not a flood of cats wearing adorable police hats.
    Last edited by Axinian; 2011-07-22 at 03:22 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Banned

540. I am no longer allowed to make a drow true namer and abuse a prestige class from dragon magazine to enslave an archdevil. Esp. if I call her the "Valsharess"

(This isn't a joke, I actually did this in a campaign and my group made me sigh a WAIVER never to do it again)

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    539. The special police squad the government uses to quell commoner riots is not a flood of cats wearing adorable police hats.
    539a. This is only acceptable if we're playing a BESM system and the wave of adorable cats are summoned by a magical character.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    540. I am no longer allowed to make a drow true namer and abuse a prestige class from dragon magazine to enslave an archdevil. Esp. if I call her the "Valsharess"

(This isn't a joke, I actually did this in a campaign and my group made me sigh a WAIVER never to do it again)
    What prestige class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Come on, tell us! Dish the dirt, as they say (I think)!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Come on, tell us! Dish the dirt, as they say (I think)!
    Master Astrologer from Dragon 340. Level 10 power lets you boost any "numeric" factors of a spell. There's a spell in tomb of magic, a level 9 wizard spell that lets you use a creature's true name to call a creature of CR 14 or less for 300 xp.

Now if you combine these two factors, you have a 300 xp 1/day spell, that can call any creature of CR 21 or less. The DM can't even call on the "unique creatures" hole because by the definition of true name EVERY creature is unique.

Now crack open your fiendish codex 2's. And now note that Bel, Dispater, Mammon, and Fierna are all CR 21 or less.

And that is how you enslave an archdevil pre-epic.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Master Astrologer from Dragon 340. Level 10 power lets you boost any "numeric" factors of a spell. There's a spell in tomb of magic, a level 9 wizard spell that lets you use a creature's true name to call a creature of CR 14 or less for 300 xp.

Now if you combine these two factors, you have a 300 xp 1/day spell, that can call any creature of CR 21 or less. The DM can't even call on the "unique creatures" hole because by the definition of true name EVERY creature is unique.

Now crack open your fiendish codex 2's. And now note that Bel, Dispater, Mammon, and Fierna are all CR 21 or less.

And that is how you enslave an archdevil pre-epic.
    Wait, Truenamers get Sor/Wiz spells?