New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XI: "Mmph!"

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Also Fluttershy's hair wouldn't help her underwater maneuverability once it got wet.
    Waterlogged Fluttershy is possibly one of the saddest images I can think of.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Waterlogged Fluttershy is possibly one of the saddest images I can think of.
    Need to find this pic.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Actually, I was more worried about Rainbow Dash in particular. It just seems fitting that she can't swim, whether through neglecting to learn or actual drawbacks to being a pegasus.
    Um...

Spoiler
    Show

Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Need to find this pic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Um...

Spoiler
    Show

I can totally disregard this, since I don't ship Rainbowfire.

Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-21 at 05:24 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Barbarian in the Playground

Give the characters some time; I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Yeah, I kinda figured they'd have to develop more beyond the "Rainbow Dash is a hotshot! Rarity is extremely image-conscious! Fluttershy is really really shy!" snapshots we got of them for the show to get as much attention as it does. Still felt like they compressed two episodes of material into one, there. I'm on the second episode now; we'll see.
    Be warned, you may be entering stage 1 bronydom...
    Oh my goodness there are observable stages. And this being the Internet someone's probably gone and listed and named them.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Also, to dredge up the Hoityfic idea, I figured out the inciting incident.

Rainbow Dash sees a tabloid talking about Hoity's engagement to Purple Pie and just flies straight to Canterlot because SHE WANTS ANSWERS DAMNIT.

The story being from Hoity's POV though, we just see him going about his day when a sputtering mad Dash shows up and shoves the tabloid in his face. With absolutely NO preamble.

"WHAT THE HAY DAD SHE'S MY FRIEND'S SISTER!"

"Oh my. I wasn't expecting THIS reaction."
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-21 at 05:29 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, to dredge up the Hoityfic idea, I figured out the inciting incident.

Rainbow Dash sees a tabloid talking about Hoity's engagement to Purple Pie and just flies straight to Canterlot because SHE WANTS ANSWERS DAMNIT.

The story being from Hoity's POV though, we just see him going about his day when a sputtering mad Dash shoves the tabloid in his face.

"WHAT THE HAY DAD SHE'S MY FRIEND'S SISTER!"

"Oh my. I wasn't expecting THIS reaction."
    Yep, that would work. I don't see Rainbow Dash being the type to sit around quietly while that happens.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    Oh my goodness there are observable stages. And this being the Internet someone's probably gone and listed and named them.
    Stage 1: You encounter The Friendship, and investigate.
    Stage 2: You see it is Magic. You are now Brony. There is no going back.
    Stage ???: You begin to write and draw Pony material.
    Stage 4: Hasbro profits!

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Another key question. I have this instinct/first reaction that Firefly was unfaithful and that was one of the inciting reasons they split up. Is that too dark?

Though considering I have Scootaloo's mom run off with a griffon named Steve in another story I need to write, if I go with Firefly cheating, hey Scoots, congratulations, YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING IN COMMON WITH DASH!

Hm. On the other hand, it seems unfair to smear the character of the only G1 pony from the pilot who was worth a darn.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-21 at 05:34 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Comic time!
    I applaud Luna's magnificent bastardry.

Once, y'know, I've stopped laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    Yeah, I kinda figured they'd have to develop more beyond the "Rainbow Dash is a hotshot! Rarity is extremely image-conscious! Fluttershy is really really shy!" snapshots we got of them for the show to get as much attention as it does. Still felt like they compressed two episodes of material into one, there. I'm on the second episode now; we'll see.Oh my goodness there are observable stages. And this being the Internet someone's probably gone and listed and named them.
    Actually, after the second episode, the show goes from Magical Girl/Pony to slice-of-life, and it's pretty much all character development. Everybody gets at least one episode (even Spike).

Say hello and goodbye to Princess Luna, who managed with a single line to capture the heart of pretty much the entire fandom. Hell, she's even grown on me, and one of my first contributions to the threads here was to suggest she was still evil and just faking! (Still could be, but honestly, the amount of high quality Luna in fanfiction eroded even my monumental scepticism.)

DBC, are you trying to interelate the entire cast?

Because that would be a bad idea. No, really. Make things too neat, and you loose believability. (Which is why they made Scootaloo not be Dash's sister.) Hoity Toity being Dash's father is stretching my suspension of disbelief about as far as it'll go; I'm pretty sure one pony further would be beyond my limits. Just sayin', as the council for the other side. (Mostly, though, it would mean I wouldn't be able to read one of your fics, and that would be a tragedy...)

Edit: Also, on the Firefly issue, I am afraid I'd struggle with that, if only because of the utterly stellar use of her in Dash's backstory in the lastest chapter of "It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out of Your Door."
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-21 at 05:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I applaud Luna's magnificent bastardry.

Once, y'know, I've stopped laughing.

Actually, after the second episode, the show goes from Magical Girl/Pony to slice-of-life, and it's pretty much all character development. Everybody gets at least one episode (even Spike).

Say hello and goodbye to Princess Luna, who managed with a single line to capture the heart of pretty much the entire fandom. Hell, she's even grown on me, and one of my first contributions to the threads here was to suggest she was still evil and just faking! (Still could be, but honestly, the amount of high quality Luna in fanfiction eroded even my monumental scepticism.)

DBC, are you trying to interelate the entire cast?

Because that would be a bad idea. No, really. Make things too neat, and you loose believability. (Which is why they made Scootaloo not be Dash's sister.) Hoity Toity being Dash's father is stretching my suspension of disbelief about as far as it'll go; I'm pretty sure one pony further would be beyond my limits. Just sayin', as the council for the other side. (Mostly, though, it would mean I wouldn't be able to read one of your fics, and that would be a tragedy...)
    If I agree not to have any more hidden relations, will you accept this idea?

Also, don't blame me, blame Thanqol. He posted the picture of Hoity Toity with a little Dash and the line "best dad ever." It was too weird and incongruous NOT to use.

Edit: Irreconcilable differences it is then.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-21 at 05:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems like my devious plan of posting a funny comic to make people laugh has come to fruit.

And speaking of Luna, image dump, Luna edition: part 2

Spoiler
    Show

Don't feel like linking today. PM or post for artists dA account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

13. - Top - End - #703
    Bugbear in the Playground

On the topic of swimming pegasi, I just want to point out that Scootaloo seemed to have no problem swimming during the montage in Show Stoppers.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.

(Note edit comment on previous post. You should know better than to expect me to not edit my posts at least once!

I'm only half-serious on that comment, mind. If you haven't read that fic, everyone, by the way, you should, it is unbeliveably awesome.)

Edit: See, now, I'm doing it to you... Quoting too fast that is.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-21 at 05:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Snip
    Also, I feel like remiss if I didn't say

"Well, it seems like we have some NIEGHSAYERS".

But yeah, always good to know if people have issues with my story. Thanks for being honest.

Honestly, I don't see room to have any other characters be related. From there, we've got Dash nailed down, with only Fluttershy's parentage being a complete mystery.

Fluttershy: Um, actually, I'm an experiment in genetic engineering. My DNA is half sugar, which is why I'm so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    On the topic of swimming pegasi, I just want to point out that Scootaloo seemed to have no problem swimming during the montage in Show Stoppers.
    That is because Scootaloo is the greatest pegasus ever, who will one day handily surpass Rainbow Dash. Losing her mom to a suave griffon, getting her cutie mark late, having a skater boi father who's kind of a ditz, it's all the fires that will form her in the crucible. Destiny has a plan for her, though I know not what!

Non destined Pegasi, however, are a different issue.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-21 at 05:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Only ponies can properly express my love of this whole sequence of ideas.

First: IDEA~

Then: So Awesome!

Finally: I am going to LOVE THIS!
    This... this exactly.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, don't blame me, blame Thanqol. He posted the picture of Hoity Toity with a little Dash and the line "best dad ever." It was too weird and incongruous NOT to use.

Edit: Irreconcilable differences it is then.
    Don't make promises you can't keep. Until today you didn't know about HT and RD relationship. The next idea may already lurking around the next corner. And we will see some more characters next season.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Don't make promises you can't keep. Until today you didn't know about HT and RD relationship. The next idea may already lurking around the next corner. And we will see some more characters next season.
    Eh, true, but I'm willing to hold off on that as a plot point. Like I said, I don't see room elsewhere.

And from here out, I can just have ponies be childhood friends or the like.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Another key question. I have this instinct/first reaction that Firefly was unfaithful and that was one of the inciting reasons they split up. Is that too dark?

Though considering I have Scootaloo's mom run off with a griffon named Steve in another story I need to write, if I go with Firefly cheating, hey Scoots, congratulations, YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING IN COMMON WITH DASH!

Hm. On the other hand, it seems unfair to smear the character of the only G1 pony from the pilot who was worth a darn.
    I wouldn't have Firefly cheat on Hoity. For some reason in my head it just doesn't seem to fit right. Probably has to do with her close proximity to the Element of Loyalty in there. Of course Firefly went off with someone else, she may even have started to develop feelings for someone else while she was with Hoity. But I definitely don't see her cheating on him.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I wouldn't have Firefly cheat on Hoity. For some reason in my head it just doesn't seem to fit right. Probably has to do with her close proximity to the Element of Loyalty in there. Of course Firefly went off with someone else, she may even have started to develop feelings for someone else while she was with Hoity. But I definitely don't see her cheating on him.
    Firefly: He gives me something you couldn't Hoity. He and the other Globetrotters solve MYSTERIES. About things that look like ghosts, then turn out to be bitter old men in masks! You know that was always my dream!

Hoity: But but...

Firefly: They have a talking dog. Please. This is everything I've ever wanted. I just want to be happy.

Hoity: ... okay Firefly. If it's what you want.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-21 at 05:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Firefly: He gives me something you couldn't Hoity. He and the other Globetrotters solve MYSTERIES. About things that look like ghosts, then turn out to be bitter old men in masks! You know that was always my dream!
    She needs a gang. Like, Enigma Co.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

She needs a gang. Like, Enigma Co.
    The New Firefly Mysteries!

Talking Dog: Ruh roh Rirefly!

G1 Twilight: I wish, I wish, I WISH it wasn't a ghost!

Surprise: Jinkies!

Firefly: Hey gang, I found a clue! And Lemony Meadowlark, stop dribbling that ball!

Lemony: It helps me focus.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I feel like remiss if I didn't say

"Well, it seems like we have some NIEGHSAYERS".

But yeah, always good to know if people have issues with my story. Thanks for being honest.

Just to be clear: is Hoity the one pony too far for you, or is Hoity the line drawn in the sand, where which you go "HERE AND NO FURTHER."

Honestly, I don't see room to have any other characters be related.
    I can cope with Hoity. (Just...) But only because you're so in love with idea. And you'll make it work.

I blame you Thanqol. See, this is what happens when you throw out random ships?

*darkbulb appears over head*

Hang on a sec...I can use this insanity... Muhahahaha!

Spike/Dash! Rainbow-breath half-dragon, anyone? Come on, you know you want to! Make it happen!

Dammit, I will keep trying on Spike's behalf! He deserves at least one fic where he actually gets the filly! (And that doesn't end in tragedy!)

Heck, I'd almost accept Spike/Gilda...wait, no.

No.

No, I really wouldn't. Out of all the characters, Gilda is the only one I actually dislike. A lot of the non-recurring characters/villains I kinda "meh", but not dislike.

Ain't nobody gets to make Fluttershy cry and get away without suffering the rocket-launcher-related wrath of an irritated Epic-level Lich. Yes, I'm aware of the irony of me, ME, Commadore Poster-boy for Lawful Evil and recreational homicide, actually wanting to defend an innocent, which is such a cliche. This just makes me angrier.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Firefly: Hey gang, I found a clue! And Lemony Meadowlark, stop dribbling that ball!

You have to be kidding me. I been waiting so long for someone to actually write this up. And seeing it here makes me squeeee.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

I can cope with Hoity. (Just...) But only because you're so in love with idea. And you'll make it work.

I blame you Thanqol. See, this is what happens when you throw out random ships?

*darkbulb appears over head*

Hang on a sec...I can use this insanity... Muhahahaha!

Spike/Dash! Rainbow-breath half-dragon, anyone? Come on, you know you want to! Make it happen!

Dammit, I will keep trying on Spike's behalf! He deserves at least one fic where he actually gets the filly! (And that doesn't end in tragedy!)

Heck, I'd almost accept Spike/Gilda...wait, no.

No.

No, I really wouldn't. Out of all the characters, Gilda is the only one I actually dislike. A lot of the non-recurring characters/villains I kinda "meh", but not dislike.

Ain't nobody gets to make Fluttershy cry and get away without suffering the rocket-launcher-related wrath of an irritated Epic-level Lich. Yes, I'm aware of the irony of me, ME, Commadore Poster-boy for Lawful Evil and recreational homicide, actually wanting to defend an innocent, which is such a cliche. This just makes me angrier.
    Everyone loves Fluttershy.

Except Gilda. And that is why she must burn.

And yeah. The only good things about Gilda are that she provides a window into aspects of Dash's past (even if some of it is feverish speculation) and she has a cool voice.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

Hoity: But but...

Firefly: They have a talking dog. Please. This is everything I've ever wanted. I just want to be happy.

Hoity: ... okay Firefly. If it's what you want.

Forget the RD/HT story. I want to read that.
    ― Joseph Stalin

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Curse your inevitable betrayal, Welf!

Just for that, IMAGE DUMP.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Which do you think tastes better on pizza, oats or apples?

I'm pondering of what a pony pizzeria would have as toppings. Sure there would be the common pizza veggies humans uses, but what would ponies like that would survivie baking, tastes good with cheese and tomato, and slices well?

I'm guessing apples. But the more tart ones.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Which do you think tastes better on pizza, oats or apples?

I'm pondering of what a pony pizzeria would have as toppings. Sure there would be the common pizza veggies humans uses, but what would ponies like that would survivie baking, tastes good with cheese and tomato, and slices well?

I'm guessing apples. But the more tart ones.
    Well, I know oats and fruits are common on desert pizzas.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone loves Fluttershy.

Except Gilda. And that is why she must burn.
    Can I sig this?