New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    After School

An ordinary woman on an ordinary walk. That's what it would have seemed like to any bystander, but Cassandra was on a mission. She had heard the sound of the Hollow's call, and if Hollows were gathering, it would make sense then that spiritual warriors would also gather. What she didn't expect to find was two children.

What were they doing? Had they thought that they could beat this monstrosity? Cassandra could kill it with little trouble, but it demolish these children. Well, it was hardly her concern. Two less children to worry about, in her min-

A bright flash erupted in Cassandra's eyes, disrupting her thoughts, followed by a memory.

Why was she remembering that now? She knew what happened in that memory, the girl got killed, but only after the brute had taken everything she had. Absolutely everything...

But wait, there was more.

Cassandra knew what she had to do. She had to repay the lady knight.

As the tentacle came slamming down, the Hollow would feel an excruciating pain as a sharpness detached his appendage at the halfway point, causing the severed bit to hit Ken with no more force than a thrown pillow. A woman stood between the beast and Ken, holding a silver claymore, so bright as if it were made of light itself. Her eyes blazed with fury.

"You have two choices, monster. You can either leave now with your life, or you can die by my hand. But these children are protected. And you shall not harm them any more." Her voice rang out with authority and confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken
    [Hollow Attack - After School]
    Noticing Sayaka's worsening condition with a glance, Ken swerved around the unknown woman and came at the monster once more, aiming a straight punch at its abdomen. He didn't care who she was or whether she could send it running with words alone. He wanted the hollow dead. More importantly, he first wanted it away from Sayaka's body.
    Hollow Attack

Let us give this hollow a name. Null Mind, that fits.

Null stares impassive as his tentacle is torn off, averting a glare to the stump even as another limb comes into Ken's way to parry his attack.

"I sense your anger. Your desire... I am not done with her... Not yet."

The fourth tentacle rises above his head, aimed at Cassandra like a stinger, charging electricity around the open tip.

"As for you, hag..."

And then comes the chittering, eight of those insectile things, Shrimps, appearing behind and around Cassandra.

"... This is none of your business."

The tentacle unleashes a darkened lightning bolt at Cassandra.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Orc in the Playground

"Feel free, Kaito-kun."

This was starting to get on his nerves. But the good news was that at least it gave him an excuse to leave the classroom.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Hollow Attack

Let us give this hollow a name. Null Mind, that fits.

Null stares impassive as his tentacle is torn off, averting a glare to the stump even as another limb comes into Ken's way to parry his attack.

"I sense your anger. Your desire... I am not done with her... Not yet."

The fourth tentacle rises above his head, aimed at Cassandra like a stinger, charging electricity around the open tip.

"As for you, hag..."

And then comes the chittering, eight of those insectile things, Shrimps, appearing behind and around Cassandra.

"... This is none of your business."

The tentacle unleashes a darkened lightning bolt at Cassandra.
    "Careful, kid! This one's big, it can kill you easy." As she spoke, she swung her blade almost carelessly around in her hand, watching the shrimp through the corner of her eye. Were they trying to cut off her avenues of escape? That was silly; none of them were above her. As the bolt shot towards her, she shot into the air, leaping upwards to leave the bolt to destroy one of the shrimps. Her jump carried her through the air towards the creature, her blade swinging above her.

"Of course it's none of my business; that's what makes it fun!" She said during her leap.

Her blade shone in the setting sun as she swung it downwards over her head, aiming to cut a clean line straight through the creature.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-02-05 at 05:40 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Feel free, Kaito-kun."

This was starting to get on his nerves. But the good news was that at least it gave him an excuse to leave the classroom.
    Kaito nodded and silently rose to his feet. With another nod to his fellows, he walked out into the hall.

Now, he just needed to get to the office. Should only take him about 3 minutes from here...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Feel free, Kaito-kun."

Sora slips out of Hasunaga's hold and waits outside.

Grinning wickedly.

Oh boy, this is not going to end well for anyone involved...
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed. But there's a good chance that the upstart didn't realize one very subtle thing going on while he was grabbing his ear.

"Now listen to me, you little brat. I don't particularly care if you choose to be a pissant to other students or teachers - but in my classroom, you'll at least PRETEND to pay attention. You're on thin ice with me as it is - I know you're a Hollow. I CHOSE not to squash your pathetic little face because you didn't do anything to bring the students to harm, but that can change, got me?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #1447

Sora rolls his eyes. He holds up three fingers.

"One, I'm not a Hollow. I'm human with Hollow abilities."

He puts down one finger.

"Two, judging by your reaction to me, you really couldn't care less about teaching Snake-sensei. You're here for a different reason, and you wanted to talk to me about something completely different."

He puts down another, leaving his middle finger upraised.

"Three, very well. I'll 'pretend' to care. But you know, I know, and the class knows that I won't."

He puts the finger down, opens the door, steals another seat, and sits in it.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

Before he can go in properly, Hasunaga grabs him by the collar and pulls him right back outside.

"Fine, then let's talk about something else. You heard that, didn't you? That means right now someone is probably under Hollow attack. And there's a good chance it's someone from school, because we could hear it over here. I can't leave class without a good excuse, and right now, YOU are my excuse. So I'm gonna need you to pretend you outright ran away from class. Or I'll kick your sorry little rear six ways from Sunday. Capice?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449

Sora grins.

"Capice."

He begins to run, but not before yelling,

"Go to Hell Snake-sensei! I'm not staying in your idiotic class!"

He stops in the courtyard, scanning for the noise.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Hollow Attack - After School]
    Ken quickly leapt at the beast to land his blow, but he was swatted back down as fast as he had risen. A split second before the tentacle connected, he withdrew his striking hand and held his forearm sideways across his face. While doing so he slipped the other behind it to reinforce his guard. After weathering the impact, he dove forward, crouching low and tackled the hollow's right leg. If he managed to firmly grasp it he would wrench it upwards and to the side with all his might hoping to topple or at least unbalance the monster. Ken felt no anger. All he had within him now was the desire to somehow defeat his opponent and the razor sharp focus necessary to succeed.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-05 at 08:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Through and after classes have ended

Kina makes her way through the day as normal, though every few moments she looks at Ken, almost absentmindedly. She is quick, though; any time he seems to notice and turns towards her, she turns her eyes back up towards the teacher. By the day's end, her notes are long and well-detailed; it's probably an amazement how she can write so much in so little a time.

As she walks through the halls, Kina feels a strange presence. Her natural instinct is to move towards it, but she quickly corrects herself. What are you thinking? You're not...prepared to take that on. Let others handle it. She turns and walks in the other direction. Soon, however, she notices something strange going on. Then she realizes something and quickly turns and starts running towards the presence, worry filling her thoughts.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mihail Yashin]
    [After classes, on the way to Houheiden Shrine]

The school's new janitor had heard the wailing call during his walk. He'd not paid special attention to it - he'd heard such voices from the age of four. They're nothing more to him than a dog's bark or a wolf's howl - just because there are predators around, doesn't mean they're out for him.

For whatever reason, they are never out for him.

Cry all you want. All it does is get a hunter on your trail, he thinks non-chalantly, glancing above and holding out his hand. There's a grey, gloomy cloud hanging overhead, first drops of rain trickling down on him. How homely.

Then, he stops. A dread feeling runs down his spine as he hears another sound - sound of lightning, and an eeriely familiar female voice. Pupils dilate in green eyes as the natural world fades from his vision, leaving only spirits of things left.

Far ahead, there are four forms - a girl cowering in the ground, a boy or man trying to scare away a tentacle monstrosity... and a blue clad woman.

Mihail blinks, and the buildings and streets of everyday life spring back to his vision. He's telling himself he should keep walking, but his legs refuse to obey. His eyes scan the surroundings for anything to use for weapon. What should I do...?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - At the scene

Kina broke her rule. At first she was running, but panic struck her. She could feel one of the spiritual presences beginning to grow faint. Without thinking, she began moving faster than a run, almost teleporting though air to any ordinary person looking on. Luckily she had been running through abandoned streets at a time of day when most were not looking out their windows. Had anyone seen her and stopped to watch, Kina would have been in ridiculous trouble.

Kina stops just as she reaches the scene. Ken and some other woman fighting a Hollow over Sayaka. At first Kina brings up her left hand on instinct, but she stops herself. What were you gonna do? They're too close...you'd hit one of them for sure. Besides...you only get one shot. That's...that's not gonna be good enough. Unable to do anything, Kina just watches, sensing something very wrong but unable to put a finger on it.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Dwarf in the Playground

[GRALSTER]

It's not very long before a totally ordinary-looking salaryman sidles out of the night near Gralster. Something's odd; he doesn't seem to register at all to spiritual senses, but he can clearly see Gralster.

"I was wondering who would scream to the whole city. Who're you?"
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-02-06 at 12:31 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

[Gralster]

If this hollow had no signature was none of his concern, for it could only be a hollow, since Gralster was in the Void.

"I am but a middleman. A hollow who calls to others to serve greater purposes than the next meal and reap the rewards of such tasks."

"Who are you?"

The great thing smiled.

-----

Null Mind

Thick shadows roared around the faceless hollow, and his own dark shape slithered out of Cassandra's and Ken's way using that black mantle for cover.

But at that moment, he let go off Sayaka.

"So self-centered for a... Uhhhh... No matter. Greater beings than us all decree your extinction."

The fallen tentacle writhes on the floor, before dissolving into dust and energy and reforming at its stump. The remade four limbs crackle with energy, but no attack echoes forth from them.

"You will heed their command and carry out their desire..."

A hypnotic force echoes out from Null Mind, echoing out into the surroundings to all waking minds bathed in the hollow's reiatsu, delivering a suicidal suggestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a hypnotic attack aimed at Cassandra and Ken, but Kina and Mihail are also in range of it. I don't think I need to explain what the psychic command is.

Turns out, I must explain: The command is "Kill the nearest mortal. If no other mortal is avaiable, kill yourself."
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-02-07 at 12:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mihail Yashin]

For all his efforts, Mihail doesn't spot a single thing worth of picking up. He decides to go around the battle - what could he do after all? He's just a battered cripple. He can only hope hunters get in time... to... save...

So this is how it is? Always running away from battle. So what's been the point of the last ten years?

The black-clad man continues walking. There's hardly point in rushing into a battle and getting more injured. Better to... live... another...

Day of a life that feels empty? Completing meaningless chores like a machine till old age claims me?

Best fight is one never fought.

Death is not the end. It's just a turn of the cycle.

My life is hollow. What do I have to lose?

Mihail Yashin turns around on his heels and begins running towards the scene of the fight, as fast as his hurting leg just allows...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume the command is that they fight each other.

The psychic assault weighed heavily on Ken. Resisting it caused him to feel as if his entire body was made of lead and being crushed by an invisible force. Still, he held fast. He couldn't afford to give in knowing that those around him might also fall victim to it leaving Sayaka unguarded. He thought about waiting to see how they fared before making his next move, but he knew if he did he might end up being too late to do anything. How could he beat both this hollow and the stranger that had come to help him? He had to act now. He raced to meet the beast once more with a charge, this time trying to collide with its center. Even if he couldn't harm his foe perhaps he could end its hold on them by breaking its concentration.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-06 at 07:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Pixie in the Playground

Cassandra stared at the beast as it fled into shadows, and her blade reshaped itself into a spear, perfect for chasing the beast down. But then she heard its last statement.

Why was she even fighting this monster? The death of these children was no business of hers. In fact, it wasn't even just this battle that had no purpose, was it? In fact, her mission here was...

But then a thousand voices cried out in her head against those thoughts. NO. She would not give up. This beast thought that it could force her to give in? It was wrong.

"Greater beings? No, you have no sense of the being that I am, or for whom I work. I will not die, either by your hand or my own!"

And with those words, Cassandra lunged forward, her spear shining with deep purple reiatsu that wasn't quite reiatsu. But they had no time to stare at it; the lance moved with the speed of lightning as it sped towards the beast's mask.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I go by Asdrubal Arriola. What's this greater purpose you're concerned with? Color me... interested. At least moreso than by anthing currently in this pathetic city."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Hollow Attack - On the way to Houheiden]

The burning feeling, the spinning pictures, all of it disappeared wtih a cold feeling.

Sayaka felt very exhausted. She was so exhausted that she couldn't move. She didn't want to think about anything. Her head hurt a lot. Her entire body hurt.

What happened?

Weakly her eyes opened. Her body would not obey. The fire and cold became a strange ill feeling. And a very big headache. Did she have that before?

The hollow had attacked her. It had said something. Memories? What memories did it want?

She was on the ground. Why was she still alive? Sayaka didn't know. She knew she was alive because Sayaka felt hurt.

Was the hollow still here? Someone had saved her?
    But she couldn't lift her head yet.

Concentrate. It was the only thing she could do. Try not to feel so sick. Try to control her body.

She closed her eyes again. Slowly, her hand moved a little. Slowly. slowly. slowly.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

Hollow Attack

Null Mind reared back, and the eight shrimp lunged in Cassandra's path, seeking to latch on to her and her weapon with their fangs and claws and weight her down, or simply halt the momentum of her attack against the greater hollow.

So focused was he on Cassandra, however, that he forgot Ken, and with the boy's impact, the creature fell on its back.

"Insolent whelps!"

A tentacle twisted down at Ken, seeking to lash him away from the hollow, while a second one charged and released another electrical discharge against Cassandra.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken too fell, as he deliberately pushed further forward upon hitting the hollow and landed on top of it. Immediately he began to cling to it and crawl up its alien body. Then the tentacle came. He managed to block with his forearms, but he was nearly thrown off. Once he had reached Null Mind's head he cocked his right arm and let loose a blindingly fast shot to its face.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-08 at 02:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Pixie in the Playground

Cassandra growled as the shrimps clung to her, slowing her and making her charge effectively worthless. Instantly she spun in a circle, her lance changing and shifting into a series of small short blades that she tossed and juggled as she spun, shredding the shrimps as she moved.

After two complete turns, she maneuvered to face Null again, the blades in her hands having shifted into two silver revolvers, gleaming like her blade. These she pointed at Null, pulled the triggers, and shouted: "Get out of the way, kid!"

"Third Chamber: Twin Gales!" She released the triggers, firing two blasts not unlike Bala, one that shot towards Null's lightning, canceling it out, and the other streaking towards Null himself, aiming to rip through him. But Cassandra wasn't done yet.

"Second Chamber: Magnum Rain!" She fired again, but repeatedly this time, firing eight weaker blasts at Null that would detonate on impact, destroying him utterly. Cassandra smirked in victory as the blasts sailed on.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-02-08 at 04:02 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the warning Ken pushed off the creature to get to his feet and jumped backwards thinking it for the best. What if all of its appendages were to attack him at such close range? Regrettably he thought it might also be better to leave this fight to his unknown benefactor than continue. Perhaps he would only continue to get in the way. He had accomplished his goal of driving the hollow away from Sayaka and saw that Cassandra was able to overcome its mental manipulation. Ken didn't lack confidence. He only thought this because of basic tactical sense. With Cassandra being able to strike from any distance there'd be little or no practical gaps in her offense for him to fill.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-08 at 10:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Hollow Attack- On the way to Houheiden]

Noise. She could hear again. That was good. Was there still a fight? Sayaka opened her eyes again. Hot. It was hot. Of course, it was summer.

A shadow fell across her. Who was that? Sayaka looked up weakly. She recognized the face. But the name...
    Go?
    Ken?

She remembered that now. She had met him recently. What is he doing?

Spoiler
    Show

ooc:
    I think already the hollow's attack of Sayaka seems finished. So Sayaka first-year-student changes are made. I don't think Draken will have attack Sayaka again, so to make a description below. Of course please go freely. Maybe it is just example thought. I don't know what Ken thinks.

As Ken came up to Sayaka it is noticeable that she is injured. Somehow. Though she does not seem bleeding, she is still very pale (even for Sayaka), and lying very still. She is breathing though. In her hand she is holding a talisman, but she cannot move very quickly it seems.
    Something also is strange too for Ken when he looks at Sayaka. For some reason she is wearing an awkward size uniform with a second year scarf.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken rushed to Sayaka's side. He swiftly yet gently slid his arms underneath her and lifted her off the ground. He then did his best to cradle her head while carrying her gradually further away from the scene of the apparently finished battle. Once he thought he was far enough away to safely take his gaze off it he knelt down and examined her. Her lack of external wounds did nothing to lessen his concern. If whatever harm her mind received was serious it was likely to be harder to deal with than such things. "Can you speak?" he said softly looking directly into her eyes. He didn't care that her uniform was curiously amiss. He could think about that later.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-08 at 02:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

A black car with tinted windows stops by the curb of Venti Buon for a moment, before a relatively normal-looking man in a black business suit steps out. The car drives off as the man makes for the inside of the cafe, having a seat near the door. He idly pulls about a newspaper, swapping his fairly expensive-looking sunglasses for a more appropriate pair of reading glasses.

You see, Nero had heard rumors that this cafe was a hotbed of spiritual activity, many of its customers being of a spiritual nature. So it was of natural interest to stop by now and then for lunch and any leads that may prove interesting.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

Null Mind

Only has the time to look up after Ken rolls away from him, before his torso is pelted with a hail of explosive energy.

The hollow lays still, beggining to dissolve into black particles.

----

Venti Buon

Donovan is on his usual spot, cleaning a glass.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-02-08 at 02:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Nero sits there. Reading the newspaper. And not being served. What a tragedy. It is possible he may leave without expending what is likely to be a considerable amount of wealth if someone doesn't see to him soon!

He looks to his watch. Oh damn. He's getting impatient!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Pixie in the Playground

Cassandra stands, her guns sitting in her hands still emitting smoke, Not until she is sure that the Hollow is dead (again) does she turn away, her guns shifting and vanishing, appearing to be absorbed into her hands. She walks to Ken and Sayaka.

"Is the girl all right?" She asks Ken. "I'm not sure what the monster did to her, but I can take a guess. May I take a look at her?" The woman's voice is anything but kind, but if she had wanted to hurt Ken, it was clear that if she had wanted to hurt him, she would have already.
    Star Wars iTP characters