New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 7

Okay....I will....summarize Innis's Holy Bleeding Wall of Text into a simple sentence:

Chill on the hill, people, we are multi-cultural RPers so we'd better act the same with our characters.

@Kurama:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just Kurama.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Never thought she'd be promoted because of nepotism....just that he'd come to like her over a period of time. So, it wasn't wholly from nepotism. Nepotism was just a little factor. Not the major one....sorry I didn't make that one clear...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    And I continue to voice it because I agree with Draken and the few others who have spoken up over it

Its not our place to tell someone orange eyes and hair the color of gold isn't acceptable in our setting. Its not our place to tell someone their character isn't acceptable so long as their a Shinigami, Bount, Mortal Character, Quincy, Arrancar, Mod Soul, Samsara, Living Vizard/Arrancar, etc. So long as they arn't to young, to old, some sort of space alien from beyond time seeking to destroy out existance and move to the next. So long as Shinigami's Zanpakuto remain swordlike, Quincy don't use guns, everyone stays in their teir of power and dosn't disrupt the rest for the lulz and every respective "race" dosn't go beyond the albiet thin designation we've created for them. Its not our place to tell them their character can't be 10 feet tall and wear a moo moo into the street. Because once the above has been met, its their character. And as their character, they have every right to play it as they wish, so long as it dosn't interfere with how someone else wants to play their character, or the communities very loose rules for the game and story we're running here.

People don't have to fit into a single moral, ethical or uniform style here. Thats the fun of freeform. This isn't D&D, this isn't a game created for a few people. We've got tons and tons of players, and if we want to keep those players and continue to grow as an open, friendly community well, openly going after their hair color, their height/weight, moral compass, ethical reasoning is going to (and has) drive people away from our community. Which I would say isn't what we're trying to do here. We're a mostly friendly group, when things are all riled up. And I for one would like to keep it as such.

Nor do I think people will instantly listen to my opinion and agree with it no matter how many times I alone say it. Frankly, I don't think anyone here is that weak willed to simply follow along with someone elses opinion due to rote. Nor do I think the opposite will be true no matter how many times anyone disagree's with it. So, you can argue with me each time I bring it up, but its not going to change my opinion, and its more then likely its not going to change anyone elses opinion if they had one to begin with. In other words, its a needless dispute your creating.

You don't need to be the guardian of all the people who share your opinion. If they truely care enough, I think they'll make their opinion known. But you best believe when people start trying to enforce how they think another person should create or play their character, I'm going to speak up. And I don't particularly care how many times you try to argue and disagree with me. Nor do I care how many times people will complain about my tone, because if your going to try to force someone to play to your specifications based purely on honest to goodness stuff that dosn't impact you one bit...well brother. You best believe I'm going to step in and tell you to chill.

Okay, the tone you set there is likely to piss off more then a few people.

Look. It's fluff. It's just a minor nitpick. Nobody pisses over those things.

And your tone throughout that entire post was "Condescending Prick". Not the best way to get a point across.

@^: Except that that doesn't really make much sense. She's not been part of his division for all that long, 20 or so years is nothing in Seretei. You can't really come to like and appreciate someone that fast.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-06-12 at 05:58 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Firbolg in the Playground

The way I feel, I'm returning the tone of the people I'm speaking to. So, in this instance. I don't particularly care. If people are going to speak down to other players. I don't see why they should expect anything less.

And no, I don't really care how it makes me look either. I'm sick of the petty arguments and needless complaints here. It ruins the fun of the game. Makes the OOC caustic, and in the end drives potential players away. So franky, if jerk gets the point across in any manner. I'll be a jerk like everyone bloody else.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-12 at 06:01 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #1474

The way I feel, I'm returning the tone of the people I'm speaking to. So, in this instance. I don't particularly care. If people are going to speak down to other players. I don't see why they should expect anything less.

And no, I don't really care how it makes me look either. I'm sick of the petty arguments and needless complaints here. It ruins the fun of the game.
    I see.

So it's fine for you to create massive walls of text because of my minor nitpick, but if other people respond to you saying "Hey, don't be such a prick," they should go screw themselves?

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And I continue to voice it because I agree with Draken and the few others who have spoken up over it

Its not our place to tell someone orange eyes and hair the color of gold isn't acceptable in our setting. Its not our place to tell someone their character isn't acceptable so long as their a Shinigami, Bount, Mortal Character, Quincy, Arrancar, Mod Soul, Samsara, Living Vizard/Arrancar, etc. So long as they arn't to young, to old, some sort of space alien from beyond time seeking to destroy out existance and move to the next. So long as Shinigami's Zanpakuto remain swordlike, Quincy don't use guns, everyone stays in their teir of power and dosn't disrupt the rest for the lulz and every respective "race" dosn't go beyond the albiet thin designation we've created for them. Its not our place to tell them their character can't be 10 feet tall and wear a moo moo into the street. Because once the above has been met, its their character. And as their character, they have every right to play it as they wish, so long as it dosn't interfere with how someone else wants to play their character, or the communities very loose rules for the game and story we're running here.

People don't have to fit into a single moral, ethical or uniform style here. Thats the fun of freeform. This isn't D&D, this isn't a game created for a few people. We've got tons and tons of players, and if we want to keep those players and continue to grow as an open, friendly community well, openly going after their hair color, their height/weight, moral compass, ethical reasoning is going to (and has) drive people away from our community. Which I would say isn't what we're trying to do here. We're a mostly friendly group, when things are all riled up. And I for one would like to keep it as such.

Nor do I think people will instantly listen to my opinion and agree with it no matter how many times I alone say it. Frankly, I don't think anyone here is that weak willed to simply follow along with someone elses opinion due to rote. Nor do I think the opposite will be true no matter how many times anyone disagree's with it. So, you can argue with me each time I bring it up, but its not going to change my opinion, and its more then likely its not going to change anyone elses opinion if they had one to begin with. In other words, its a needless dispute your creating.

You don't need to be the guardian of all the people who share your opinion. If they truely care enough, I think they'll make their opinion known. But you best believe when people start trying to enforce how they think another person should create or play their character, I'm going to speak up. And I don't particularly care how many times you try to argue and disagree with me. Nor do I care how many times people will complain about my tone, because if your going to try to force someone to play to your specifications based purely on honest to goodness stuff that dosn't impact you one bit...well brother. You best believe I'm going to step in and tell you to chill.
    Brother, if you think I'll let you shut me up about things that honestly bother me, you have another thing coming. People have the right to voice their opinions. They don't necessarily get to force them on others, unless the community happens to side with them, but they have every right to demand whatever changes they feel are necessary to keep the communal story one that they can continue to take part in. That is the purpose of the OOC, to bring up OOC concerns. This is not the 'character balance' thread.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1476

Nope. Its ok to raise an issue if its got some manner of impact. Such as, in this case arguing, if fluff is something we can force people to change just because we the individual don't like it.

Its not ok if, well like I said above. If its an issue you yourself don't like based on purely OOC reasons....maybe its best to just PM the person. Or ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Brother, if you think I'll let you shut me up about things that honestly bother me, you have another thing coming. People have the right to voice their opinions. They don't necessarily get to force them on others, unless the community happens to side with them, but they have every right to demand whatever changes they feel are necessary to keep the communal story one that they can continue to take part in. That is the purpose of the OOC, to bring up OOC concerns. This is not the 'character balance' thread.
    Nor is this the thread to attack a person because you disagree with one minor point. It shouldn't come down to "If the community sides with them." This isn't about sides. This is a game. If one moral or ethical issue causes you to instantly disconnect from the story in full, I don't think its the person your going after thats got the problem.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-12 at 06:05 PM.
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #1477

New Thread. Let's leave this conversation in this thread and move on, shall we?
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-06-12 at 06:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Innis, by trade I am a Lawyer. One of the things I study are called 'Institutional Norms.' These are practices, which by way of their constant use and acceptance, take on the force of law.

I'm not going to allow your opinion to become the rule simply because you constantly voice it, and nobody objects. And yes, I believe there is a risk of that. FFRP's are no less amenable to the ad hoc creation of rules and structure then anything else.

If you believe the dispute is needless, STOP SAYING IT. Everytime I have mentioned it, it is in direct response you bringing it up. So, if you don't think it is important, stop mentioning it. Until then, every time you do, I will say something. I don't view myself as the Guardian of people who share my opinion. I view myself as neither the (as in singular) nor a guardian of anything. If I am, it is simply that I believe people should be able to share their opinion, regardless of whether I agree with it or not.

---

Innis, I didn't start speaking down to you till now. I reacted to a specific statement, and then I objected to your mischaracterizing what I was saying. This post does speak down, but I give what I get.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    New Thread. Let's leave this conversation in this thread and move on, shall we?
    Lets. Thank you Terry.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Pixie in the Playground

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who welcomed me so nicely! ^^ *waves* I'll see you around the playground :D