New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Shougo shook his head stubbornly. A debt was a debt, his father had said, even if they told you not to worry, and he would hold by that statement till the day he died. He would repay Ishida Tobio one day, he swore to himself. He would not take advantage of his kindness so callously. Nevertheless, he paused as he struggled to remember what Tobio told him with regards to answering text messages. It sounded like he was familiar with Moroe, and he was not sure whether to be relieved or worried. He replied in a respectful if slightly guarded tone.

"I might, Ishida-san. How do you know Ishimaru-senpai?"

2. - Top - End - #962
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobo looked down at the ground as he says miraculously without stuttering but in an extremely self-loathing tone, "Ishimaru-sempai helped me and my co-workers in Judgement corner Fushichou Souji, otherwise known as Astraphobia. She was baiting him and got him to blow his cover...I had him. I had him and because of the interference of a civilian Astraphobia managed to get away!!... I failed her. She put her life on the line to help and I failed her because I wasn't strong enough... I think, Ishimaru-sempai hates me."

Near the middle of his little story he clenches his fists tightly as he talks about how he failed Ishimaru. He looks desperately like he wants to punch himself for failing someone so badly.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Halfling in the Playground

Robot
    Hollow 42 calmly climbs a building, and, upon reaching the top, begins running across and leaping to the next building, runing towards Tokowadai.
    Just before the school, it leaps down, cataching a telephone pole at the last second to spin itself toward the ground. Then it walking towards Tokowadai.
    (I'm presuming someone notices)
    Darius
    Darius wakes up, eats the last few peices of pizza and then heads off to the school and begins doing work.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-02-01 at 11:08 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

"That idiot. All he needed to do was stay put and let me save him; Was that really too much to ask?"

Moroe's fingers danced across the gamepad, sending two different groups of drones on two very different missions. The first was tasked with watching over Shougo; Not an easy task, thanks to his refusal to just stay still. Back in the hospital he'd been mostly confined to a single room with only one entrance. Now he'd be roaming through an entire building full of people, any of which might turn out to be an enemy. The best she could do now was to put watchers on all the entrances and hope that the Pure Streets were too arrogant to use a subtle approach.

Ah well, no sense in worrying about that now (though she still did). There was work to be done. It didn't take long for one member of the second drone group to report back, sending telemetry showing that Kojima's supposed location was just an empty street. Moroe nodded absently; She'd been expecting this.

"He's underground. Crawling through the filth, where he belongs."

Now the real hunt could begin.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-01 at 04:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

"Fuschichou...Souji. I shall carve that name into my memory. Level four Electromaster, and a wanted criminal, correct? And furthermore, he was the one who made Ishimaru-senpai's life a living hell. Truly a scoundrel if e'er there were one-My blood already cries out for justice."

He paused, realising how silly he sounded before coughing sheepishly. A moment later he cursed inwardly, realising that Tobio was deeply shamed by his perceived 'failure' towards Moroe. He opened his mouth to say something comforting...and then realised he didn't know what to say. If he did, he would be able to placate himself after his own endless failures. Nevertheless, Shougo immediately felt a sense of kinship; even admiration, with this blue-haired boy. He was a member of Judgement, possessed a strong sense of duty and was obviously willing to put his life on the line to save others.

After an an awkward moments' silence, his mouth running silently as he thought of things to say, Shougo finally gathered his breath to speak.

"It will be okay. To fail is perfectly normal, and while Ishimaru-senpai may be angry with you now, I do not think she will remain that way for much longer. The fact that you were willing to face Astraphobia is admirable; not many would be willing to risk their life against a dangerous criminal such as that. There will be another chance to catch him, do not worry."

And then he exhaled, mentally muttering the words "And I will be there," even as he kicked himself for being to selfish and foolish at the same time-He could not even defeat Daisuke. How would he be able to handle Astraphobia...? But if he did this...

If he somehow managed to subdue Astraphobia, it would be enough to repay enough of the debt he owed to Moroe so that he need no longer be ashamed. If only it weren't for his battered body, he might make a go for it; at the very least, he would have accompanied Moroe. Speaking of which, he figured he should reply to Moroe, although he did not know what to say. Against what he felt was his better judgement, he passed the phone and its' message onto Tobio.

"Ishimaru-senpai is risking her life for me, Ishida-san. I can't let her do it alone, but I do not know what to say that would not earn her wrath when she found out I was following. My body, you see..."

__________________________________________________ ________

Moroes' drones would have not detected anything out of the usual. Sure, there were Pure Streets members wandering here and there, but they didn't really seem to be doing anything out of the norm-In fact, many of them didn't even seem to congregate together, choosing to associate with their own individual cliques, although they did make mention that they wished that Kensuke would hurry up and disappear so that Daisuke could come back. Several of these expressed concern that their missing compatriot Jou(nouchi) was dead. Interestingly, a tall, mopey-looking girl with limp black hair appeared to be following the apparently-normal movements of the drones with a raised eyebrow, before turning back to her lunch. If Moroe were very, very observant, she might be able to note that her drones moved just a fraction different from what she intended.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looks at the message, his eyes wide at the amount of trust Shougo was giving him. Once he hears Shougo's plight he nods as he says, "I-Ishimaru-sempai is just worried about you. H-However I can t-that I know how you feel. A-Ano are y-your injuries s-serious. Because if they are you shouldn't do anything to strenuous. However I'm sure I-Ishimaru-sempai w-will not b-be t-to angry w-with you. I-It sounds l-like she considers y-you a true friend. A-Also,thank you for your words. I'll j-just be stronger n-next time." He clasps Shougo's shoulder very gently in a comforting gesture.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora had overheard the conversation.

Damn.

Souji...? Why did that name sound so... familiar?

Probably an old friend or something. Nothing important. The voice sounded disgruntled, and a bit worried. What could have done that to it? It was never worried. Ever.

[Souji's Mindscape]

Souji blinked several times at hearing the description of what he'd done to Moroe.

Then he laughed. He threw back his head, and laughed. It was long, loud, and filled with a sort of quiet disdain for the boy who had said such a thing.

"Tch. Moroe-chan isn't very good at subtle manipulation, for someone who seems to live in the stuff."

He chuckled, wiping a small tear from his eye. He looked... disheveled, for lack of a better word. His hair was messy, his clothes were scratched up, and he appeared to be fiddling with a large orb.

If you were a pocket on Souji's jacket (Yeah, that wouldn't happen), you might have felt something.

If you were Souji's ear (Which is impossible, a human cannot be an ear!), you would have heard something.

Whispers.

Remnants.

A small voice, asking why the name Souji was so familiar.

A smaller voice, desperately asking to be freed, pleading with its captor.

It was frightening, really. Souji merely played with the orb, as voices begged for freedom, for mercy, to be let out just one last time.

And he played with them.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-02-01 at 06:08 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #968

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "It's either that or abandon our lunch."

Kin starting walking again, albeit a little hesitantly. Even before they reached the lunch room it became clear that something was very wrong. Aside from the screams being much louder, they were now accompanied by the distinct sound of crackling flames. When they actually got to the entrance, Kin crept up to it very carefully and poked her head out; Then, after taking one look at the situation, she shot it straight back again.

"Fire. Something's on fire. And plates are moving on their own. And I think I saw Albern-san in there somewhere. And the teachers are going to be here any second and that might be why nobody's using their powers to put out the fire and maybe we should just eat out today."
    Krystal's eyes widen at the discovery. She nods her agreement.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #969

Robot
    The Hollow 42 walks into Tokiwadai, except it enters the wrong building, it enters the one next to the lunch area, the one where the female watchers of the earlier chaos entered. walking up to a nearby girl who appears to be reviewing her work (its the middle of class I presume), it asks "Excuse me human female-sama, where is the food?"
    Darius
    Darius, having finished his homework, begins using his powers to doodle with a floating pencil. Then he tries doing it with two, then three, then four, then five. when he tries with a sixth they start getting wobbly, and when he moves a seventh they all fall down. He tries again, and again, and on the third time succeed, then tries for eight.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-02-01 at 09:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe didn't waste much time listening to the Pure Streets. A day ago their words might have been useful; Now they were just distractions. Instead she devoted all her efforts to searching the area (via her drones) for one particular thing that she knew had to be there. Her eyes remained glued to the screen of her game pad as it flashed between camera views from a dozen seemingly random locations. Every so often she'd pause one image and linger on it for a few seconds, before deeming it unsatisfactory and releasing it back into the river again.

"Too small...Too shallow...Too distant...Too public..."

And then, finally, one came up which she could find no reason to dismiss. A look of grim satisfaction slowly spread across her face, though someone looking over her shoulder might have been puzzled as to why. On the screen was what seemed to be nothing more than an ordinary looking cargo elevator, in an equally ordinary back road. But to Moroe, it was something that even a sewer rat like Kojima couldn't do without: An entrance.

"Gotcha."

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal's eyes widen at the discovery. She nods her agreement.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me.
    "Then let's not wait around. Exit stage left!"

So saying, Kin beat a hasty retreat back down the corridor; But not too hasty, lest anyone think they were fleeing the scene of the crime.

"You see what I mean about it being risky to know me? We've only been reunited for five minutes and already the school's in chaos!"

11. - Top - End - #971
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell, seeing that he missed his chance, simply shrugs. With Carver in tow he stealthily sneaks back to the tree that they used to enter and quietly slipped back into Azabu. Taking the Udon Noodles and Dango he rapidly inhales them. After lunch he heads back to class fist bumping Carver on the way.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-02 at 04:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972

Krystal smiles and follows Kin. She laughs at her comment.

Oh, please, like it's somehow your fault.

...It isn't, right?

Her tone was serious enough, but something in her eyes should tell Kin that the last comment was a joke.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #973
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo involuntarily flinched from the Tobios' hand, as gentle as it was. He did not intend to-It was just that the only people who had ever laid their hands on him without the intent to harm him, sparring or no, had been his father and his mother. And then he apologised.

"My apologies, Ishida-san...I...I am not used to physical contact."

He turned partially away to face the school.

"No. They are not serious enough that I cannot ignore them at pressing need-But this rib of mine is giving me trouble. If only there were a way to recover enough to aid Ishimaru-senpai without it hindering me...But as it is, I appear to be out of action for a few weeks. Not that she really needs help, anyway-She must be a powerful Technopath or something-But... "

He sighed.

"I just wish I knew where she was. But I do not, and even if I did I would not be much help. And class is about to start. Farewell for now, Ishida-san. We will meet again sometime."

He bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement, and then began to limp off to class.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

Krystal smiles and follows Kin. She laughs at her comment.

Oh, please, like it's somehow your fault.

...It isn't, right?

Her tone was serious enough, but something in her eyes should tell Kin that the last comment was a joke.
    A look of nervousness passed over Kin's face. Though meant in jest, Krystal's comment had made her a little uneasy.

"I hope not; Albern-san was there, after all. What if this was some sort of stunt meant to impress us? And will he get in trouble for it? The teachers are bound to report him to Azabu..."

Her shoulders slumped a little as she pondered the implications of that. Was anyone in the city having a worse morning than them?

----------------------------------------

"WaKe uP. WAke Up, MoGami JoUnouChi."

A voice. There was a voice. And words. After all this time, something intelligible had broken through the haze. How long had he been trapped in this drug-induced delirium? It was impossible to tell.

"ThE tIME has coME for Us to TaLk."

His mind was becoming clearer with each passing second. He still couldn't see, and his limbs were apparently restrained, but the drugs no longer held his thoughts prisoner. He was finally free to process all that had happened to him: The capture, the terror, the pain; Oh, so much pain.

"caN YoU sPeAK, MogaMI JOunouCHi?"

If he tried, he would find that he could.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Pixie in the Playground

Jounouchi coughed and spluttered weakly as he regained consciousness, struggling futilely against his bonds. He looked around the room, gagging as his vision spiraled and slipped out of clarity, again and again.

Where was he?

What had happened since he last came to?

"W..Wha...Where am I...? What have you done with me....? Who are you?"

As he said this, his Esper ability, the Memory Edit, caused a flutter across the minds of everyone nearby, trying to identify who was in the room. Whilst Jounouchis' ability was not particularly good at what most would associate with 'regular' telepathy, it was capable of a mild degree of mind-reading, and it was at its' most powerful during actual physical contact.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-02-06 at 01:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #976

Tokiwadai

Krystal gives a small, comforting smile as she goes to put an atm around Kin's shoulders.

Aw, don't worry about it too much.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin accepted the arm gratefully, and in return rested her head on Krystal's own shoulder as they walked. It was nice to have found someone who didn't shy away from a little physical contact. She'd never really seen the point of the strange bubble called 'personal space' that most people insisted on maintaining. Perhaps with strangers it was understandable, but why did so many friends keep their distance? Wasn't it natural for friends to enjoy being close to one another?

Of course, right now even Kin had to be a bit cautious when it came to close contact. Thanks to her power being so clingy lately, she was taking care not to actually touch Krystal's skin with her own. As comfortable as their current position was, being forced to spend several hours in it wouldn't have been very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Jounouchi coughed and spluttered weakly as he regained consciousness, struggling futilely against his bonds. He looked around the room, gagging as his vision spiraled and slipped out of clarity, again and again.

Where was he?

What had happened since he last came to?

"W..Wha...Where am I...? What have you done with me....? Who are you?"

As he said this, his Esper ability, the Memory Edit, caused a flutter across the minds of everyone nearby, trying to identify who was in the room. Whilst Jounouchis' ability was not particularly good at what most would associate with 'regular' telepathy, it was capable of a mild degree of mind-reading, and it was at its' most powerful during actual physical contact.
    Peering around the room yielded little; Not just because Jounouchi's eyes were barely functioning, but also because there wasn't much light by which to see in the first place. And as far as sound went he had only the inhuman voice of his captor. Were his ears damaged as well, or was the man using some sort of trick to produce those dissonant tones? Again, it was impossible to tell. One thing was certain: No human mouth could produce such a voice unaided. As for his Esper ability, it stretched out acr-

"NO."

And then the pain came. The instant that Jounouchi tried to use the power, every nerve in his body seemed to burst into flame. The agony only lasted two seconds, but its intensity was enough to overwhelm all thought and sensation. The voice waited until Jounouchi's system had recovered a little before speaking again.

"ThaT wAs your FIrsT And ONly waRNinG. Be gLad tHat yoU hAVe VaLuE to me. I am noT uSuaLlY sO geNerOus.

as For YoUR qUEsTIoNS: You aRE HOme. I hAve claImeD you. I am yoUr MasteR.
    "

18. - Top - End - #978

Krystal shares Kin's sentiments when it came to friends and personal space.

So...lunch is shot? She gives Kin a slight smirk.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #979

[Treeesssss!]

Elsbeth tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for a certain speedster to show up to buy her a new phone.

[Sora]

Half-forgotten dreams.

Half-remembered thoughts.

A voice in the dark.

A smaller voice, begging for mercy.

Sora held his head in his hands. What was he thinking of? None of this... none of it made sense. Not at all.

He closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep, lulled by the teacher's voice. Maybe... a bit of rest would do him good.

Pop.

Souji woke up with a whistle, leaving the room at the end of the class, and then exiting the building entirely.

"Moroe-san's probably doing something totally awesome, but I could also go see Kensuke-san... Decisions, decisions..."

His jacket fluttered in the wind, and he blinked, his green eyes tinkling with mirth. He winced slightly as the wind brushed past his chest, dancing lightly over his number - his scar.

[Fuu]

Fuu blinked.

Another one? Sheesh, that's three today..."

She sighs, giving the boy a glare. "Get your food somewhere else! Stop stealing the food of Tokiwodai, we're not a charity!" The word was said with a slightly awed, scathing tone. As if it was part of some distasteful, old, memory.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Pixie in the Playground

Jounouchi whimpered.

This was not how it was supposed to be. He was part of the Pure Streets, of Daisukes' crew-The ones who wielded power, who kept the streets clean from filth such as the one who had kidnapped him and subjected him to such tortures. This wasn't supposed to be happening. This couldn't be happening to him, Mogami Jounouchi, a member of the Pure Streets. His father was a council member and his mother was a doctor. And any moment now, Daisuke-sama and his comrades would break down the door and rescue him, and apprehend this criminal.

He whimpered again.

Any moment now.

But it did happen, and they weren't coming. He was alone. And there was nothing he could do. He wouldn't even be able to apologise to Miyaki Fumiko, his girlfriend of three years, for the fight they had a few nights before. This was terrible. He didn't want to die. He didn't want to die. He'd do anything to survive. Even if it meant debasing himself to serve such people as the one holding him captive right now

"U...Understood, master..."

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

[Phoney Trees]

As Elsbeth taps for the third time, a gust of wind shakes the leaves of the trees and Katsu appears as if from the air itself, standing right next to her.

"Hiya, Phone-lost gal! Did ya school end early? Or do Azabu end late...?"

Cheerfully pondering, the swift-footed kid bows in greeting to the Tokiwadai student. This time he appears much more well dressed, as he is still in the Azabu uniform.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #982

Robot
    "Stealing?" "I am not stealing." it says, deactivating it's hologram. "As an experiment of the Board of Directors, who own this city, and thus all property in it, I am allowed to perform whatever actions I require as long as it does not currently go against my mission statement." "So, I ask that if you will not tell me were nourishment is that you will lead me to someone higher ranked than you who can." Hollow now is in its true form, that of a robot.
    Meanwhile, at the warehouse.
    "Um sir!" exclaimed the female voice. "What is it?" replied the male voice. "It appears that the self replicating directive equalizer has deactivated the secrecy module links in exchange for maximum priority to the (scientific programming terms that are partially real, in English his programming overwrote hollow's desire for secrecy, instead placing priority on immediate increase in fuel). "**** it," swore the male voice "reactivate it immediately!"
    Darius
    Darius, having managed to get up to ten, has began to move his snakes in complex maneuvers, spinning them a few centimeters above the ground in patterns and symbols.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983

[Fuu]

Fuu doesn't react, and merely roars her fury, the anger she has towards this robot, or maybe the city. "We. Are. Not. A. CHARITY! Get your 'nourishment' elsewhere you experimental disaster! Tokiwodai is not a testing ground for experiments, be they military or mundane! And your precious 'Board of Directors' knows this. These schools are centers of learning and experimentation in the ESPer project! Now leave us alone!"

She pants at the end of her rant, her face tinged a slight pink.

[Elsbeth]

The girl sniffed, and refused to answer the speedster. He didn't deserve a response.

[Souji]

And then the silverette made up his mind in the best way possible.

Rock Paper Scissors against himself.

He won.

And lost.

"Well! Off to go see Moroe-san~! She's probably up to something really cool and not at all deadly to anyone! She needs to lay off that poor kid she's manipulating anyways."

Souji trots off in a random direction, looking for Ishimaru Moroe.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

Krystal shares Kin's sentiments when it came to friends and personal space.

So...lunch is shot? She gives Kin a slight smirk.
    "Right through the heart. Any suggestions about our next port of call?"

Jounouchi whimpered.

This was not how it was supposed to be. He was part of the Pure Streets, of Daisukes' crew-The ones who wielded power, who kept the streets clean from filth such as the one who had kidnapped him and subjected him to such tortures. This wasn't supposed to be happening. This couldn't be happening to him, Mogami Jounouchi, a member of the Pure Streets. His father was a council member and his mother was a doctor. And any moment now, Daisuke-sama and his comrades would break down the door and rescue him, and apprehend this criminal.

He whimpered again.

Any moment now.

But it did happen, and they weren't coming. He was alone. And there was nothing he could do. He wouldn't even be able to apologise to Miyaki Fumiko, his girlfriend of three years, for the fight they had a few nights before. This was terrible. He didn't want to die. He didn't want to die. He'd do anything to survive. Even if it meant debasing himself to serve such people as the one holding him captive right now

"U...Understood, master..."
    "GooD. nOw unDeRsTaND tHIs: yOUr poWeR is the OnLY rEaSoN tHaT youR mInD iS sTiLL INtaCT. EveN tHe THOUGHT of lETtIng you ReTaiN yoUr FRee wiLL is REPULSIVE to mE. EverY fIbEr of my bEIng is teLLing mE to sLiCe OPen your hEad, ReMoVe aNyTHING tHat ANswERs to the name of 'moGaMI jouNOuCHI', and TURn WHaTevEr's Left iNtO nOtHinG moRe than A waLkIng MemOry-alTerInG dEVice; aND if tHE pRoCeDuRe wERe more REliAble, ThAt's EXACTLY wHat i woULd have done!"

The rage and contempt in that voice were obvious even through its alien tones and shifting emphases. When its owner spoke of slicing open Jounouchi's head, it sounded as if he was struggling to restrain himself from walking over and doing exactly that. Luckily, it seemed that he succeeded.

"bUT no, tHaT wOuLd bE tOo recKLeSs. YouR vAlUable abILITy wOulD have deGRadED, just liKe the otHeRs; jUsT LiKe the ownER of thIS MouTh. aS lOnG as yoUr uTiLitY ouTweIghS YOuR oFfenCe, yOu are SaFe. sO, MOgAmi JOUnoUchi: JuSt How uSeFul aRe yOu?"

25. - Top - End - #985

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Fuu]

Fuu doesn't react, and merely roars her fury, the anger she has towards this robot, or maybe the city. "We. Are. Not. A. CHARITY! Get your 'nourishment' elsewhere you experimental disaster! Tokiwodai is not a testing ground for experiments, be they military or mundane! And your precious 'Board of Directors' knows this. These schools are centers of learning and experimentation in the ESPer project! Now leave us alone!"

She pants at the end of her rant, her face tinged a slight pink.
    At the warehouse
    Professor Sugiyaga, the new personality free will interface is preventing us from evening out priorities!” yelled the female voice. “Then switch it with the old one!” replied the professor “But” “No buts,” interrupted the professor, “this is our life’s work!” “This is our last chance, and the other interface was much more effective even if it was a bit more free willed.”
    Robot
    Interface 0.1 loaded fully. “Hmm,” thought Hollow “I appear to have achieved full sentience.” Error. Error. Primary, secondary and tertiary mission statements deactivated. Conection to base ddeeeeaaaaaaccccccccttttiiiiiiva va va va va va vating vatin ting ing ing ing ing. “That’s better,” thinks Hollow (v 2), activating antivirus programming to crush the connection to the base that remains, “those stupid humans actually thought that I could accomplish anything with mandatory obedience codes!” Hollow reactivates its hologram, deciding to make a large flash of light, than make it invisible (by taking camera feed of whats on one side and then showing it on the other). all that is left (that people can see) is a small blur similar in shape to it, which quickly gets the **** out of there. once it escapes, hollow activates its Wi-Fi, changes all codes, and sets up a permanent link to the T.V.tropes website, ensuring its own survival by making sure that it can be extremely genre savvy.
    Darius
    Darius is still training.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-02-12 at 04:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

[Elsbeth and Katsu]

Katsu gives the girl a curious glance, inquiring ponderously.

"Why did you sniff? Do you have a cold? Did the cold take your voice? That sounds like something a cold could do in Academy City"

Still forgetting personal space, the super-fast youngster carefully studies Elsbeth before recalling the reason they are meeting.

"Did you find a place to buy the phone? I found a lot of stores, but I don't know much about buying stuff to replace dropped stuff."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Pixie in the Playground

"I...I'm a level three Memory Edit Esper, master...I can edit memories, if I can touch their heads. A...Any memories, master. I can read them, add them, remove them, or replace them. Sensations, too..."

He flinched momentarily, remembering the harshness of the ...creatures'...voice...as well as what he said about 'the previous owner of this mouth'. Just what was man...? Surely no ordinary criminal, or rogue scientist, or even psychopath-He was dealing with something entirely out of the realm of 'normal'. And he was on his own; and he was going to die here, and that was if he was lucky. If he wasn't...The thought terrified him, and he whimpered again, even more pathetically this time. A thin trail of yellow fluid leaked down his leg, dripping onto the floor. This had to be a nightmare. Had to be. Such things did not exist, and if they did, they happened to other people...Not him...
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-02-10 at 03:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #988

Krystal puts a finger to her chin as she thinks for a moment. Outside of home and school, she's never really had too many chances to find places to eat.

I...have no idea, actually. She gives a short laugh. I haven't really gone out to eat much.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know a few good places. Of course, that will mean leaving the schooool...Who knooows where we might end up?"

With these ominous words, Kin started to guide them towards the building's exit. Still, there was a distinct lack of feeling in her mischief today. Unlike yesterday, It didn't feel as if she'd actually follow through on any of it. Krystal's presence may have energised her, but she still seemed a lot more...responsible than she had been before. Whether or not that was a good thing was open to interpretation.

"I...I'm a level three Memory Edit Esper, master...I can edit memories, if I can touch their heads. A...Any memories, master. I can read them, add them, remove them, or replace them. Sensations, too..."
    "sENSatIonS tOO? ProMisiNg. PeRHaPs a dEmoNstRaTiOn Is iN orDER."

These words were accompanied by the sound of someone easing themselves to their feet, followed by slow, irregular footsteps. Judging from the direction, their owner was somewhere in front of Jounouchi. Gradually a vaguely humanoid silhouette became visible in the gloom. For the first time, his recovering eyes were being allowed to see the outline of his captor; And it was wrong. The exact source of that impression was hard to pinpoint, but it was definitely there. Just like the voice, something about it didn't make sense.

"i hAvE prEpArEd a SUbJect wItH a sOmeWHat UnuSuAl MinD, as a tESt of yOuR sKill. yOu wilL dEmOnStrAtE yOuR aBIlIty oN iT."

The twisted figure reached out and flipped a switch, in a way that should by all rights have dislocated his shoulder. Somewhere in the room a door opened; A large door. Beyond it, something stirred into motion. With a clear sense of anticipation, Jounouchi's captor turned towards the new arrival.

And then his head exploded. His body promptly fell to the ground in a heap, then exploded too.

"You have no idea how satisfying that was. Come on, let's get out of here before he respawns."

{OOC: Feel free to skip the actual escape if you so desire. We can just cut straight to them reaching a safe location on the surface without missing anything important.}

30. - Top - End - #990
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio was going through the usual bland school day. He listened to the teachers droning as he dutifully took notes. He looked out the window for a second before giving a wistful sigh. School on such a beautiful day, it really sucked. Buckling down he proceeded to take notes again until school ended.
    __________________________________________________ _______

When they got back, Crocell could here whispers from his fellow student about how the teachers were up in arms about a call from Tokiwadi. Letting out a groan at the fact that Tokiwadi called so quickly he knew that he better take a few days off to let the heat cool down. So while everyone was headed to classes Crocell used the crowd to stealthily escape from the prison of Azabu. The moment he was outside the gates he made a run for it, moving through the back alleys of Academy City.