New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Jounouchi gaped. This was unexpected, and inwardly he heaved a massive sigh of relief, thanking whatever gods were out there for this beyond-providential rescue. Still, he was decidedly unnerved and very shaken by these recent turn of events, and even as Moroe helped him to his feet his legs trembled as though they were made out of jelly. She would probably be able to smell the acrid scent of recent urine hanging off him, too.

Jounouchi didn't really notice all this, too concerned with heading for that light-That glorious light! Freedom, away from this living nightmare, heedless even of the face of his unknown rescuer. What she had said, however, had piqued his interest even in the overwhelming euphoria of the recent turns of events, and he attempted to gather his wits and answer her in a manner as dignified as he could manage even as he limped towards the light. He failed miserably, his jaw flapping both from the shock and from the drugs.

"R...Respawn...?"

__________________________________________________ ________

It was roughly lunchtime in Onizuka High, when the various schoolchildren were released into the yard for their allotted half an hour or so of free time. Most of these children would spend their time eating their lunch and chatting idly with friends, but not so with a certain Nimori Shougo. No, he spent his lunch alone, as he had for a number of weeks, ever since his father died; and often, even before that. Sure, there were those who came to spend some time with him; and they were 'friends' of a sort, but they invariably all left to do something with someone more interesting, someone more technologically literate, someone less 'weird' than Shougo, the son of a borderline lunatic martial artist who thought he was a ninja. And with the death of his father, and the subsequent lies and assorting rumours that Daisuke had no doubt spread, they had stopped coming altogether. And with what had happened the previous day-The brawl on the rooftop-Many of Onizuka's students avoided him outright, remembering the numerous bruises he doled out to them with a frightful efficiency.

Not that it mattered to him. As he always did, he ran through the numerous patterns, forms and strikes of Nimori-ryu ninjutsu that his father taught him, almost entirely ignorant of the world around him as he did so. Although his injuries prevented him from performing the more extravagant, elaborate maneuvers, what he did show indicated that he possessed a great sense of balance and a massive degree of speed; and although he was not, perhaps, as agile or dexterous as Tobio, he had a surprising amount of explosive power packed into his lean frame.

If Tobio was watching, Shougo would have paused in the middle of a punch, a tinge of bitterness in his voice.

"Still no good compared to proper Psychic power, is it not, Ishida-san? A level one such as I, wielding but fists and feet, merely grasps at the strength a level four, or even a level three possesses. If only I could properly help Ishimaru-senpai...Bah."

His hands dropped loosely to his sides.

"You're an Esper, aren't you, Ishida-san?"

2. - Top - End - #992
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio had actually chosen to hang out with Shougo today. He didn't really have any friends either, mostly being known as 'that stuttering kid'. He was watching Shougo with amazement. He did not practice a martial art form but he was good enough at street fighting (aka anything goes). So to see Shougo practicing was something else. Then upon hearing Shougo's questions he thinks for a moment before he answers. "We'll it's all about circumstance really. After all, even the strongest esper can fall to poison or gunshot unless their power can negate it. Plus some Esper abilities are not that great."

Getting up so that Shougo doesn't feel as lonely he starts clumsily running through the forms with him. "Yeah, I have an esper ability. I'm a level 3 but I think I'm verging on a lvl 4. My ability is Cryokinesis. I can subract the temperature from an area. Then functioning on the principle of the Conversion of Energy I can manipulate the heat energy that I subtracting to another area. So I can severely heat or chill things. Theoretically I can heat things up to any level so long as I can chill an area. However on the freezing scale I can freeze an area up to -65 degrees Celsius.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-11 at 06:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

It was a good thing that Jounouchi wasn't paying close attention, because his rescuer didn't exactly have the most reassuring aura. Moroe didn't feel the slightest shred of sympathy for him, and it showed. As far as she was concerned, people like him didn't deserve mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    "R...Respawn...?"
    She tried to keep any disgust from seeping into her voice.

"For a creature like that, death's just a minor inconvenience. Congratulations; You've managed to become the target of a true immortal. I'd recommend avoiding dark corners from now on..."

Actually, Kojima's 'immortality' was nothing more than a cheap conjuring trick, but she wasn't about to tell Jounouchi that. Moroe wanted him to have nightmares about this experience for the rest of his life; To live in fear of the unstoppable abomination who would always be waiting for a chance to strike.

They reached the elevator without incident. Moroe had taken care of any major obstacles on her way in, so the only ones left were a few bulky corpses. Soon they were rising back to ground level, with warm sunlight playing across their skin in greeting. Now all that remained was getting this wretch to another district and making a simple phone call.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "I know a few good places. Of course, that will mean leaving the schooool...Who knooows where we might end up?"

With these ominous words, Kin started to guide them towards the building's exit. Still, there was a distinct lack of feeling in her mischief today. Unlike yesterday, It didn't feel as if she'd actually follow through on any of it. Krystal's presence may have energised her, but she still seemed a lot more...responsible than she had been before. Whether or not that was a good thing was open to interpretation.
    Krystal gives a sigh, but she's smiling. While Kin may seem more reserved today, Krystal seems to be more rambunctious. She's actually looking forward to whatever Kin has planned.

Krystal holds a hand out in front of them, palm up. Lead the way.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #995

Meanwhile Souji whistled amiably as he meandered around, vaguely searching for Moroe.

"Excuse me! Have you seen Moroe-san?"

This question was spouted off to people without pattern, asked by a green haired, gray eyed boy, whose eyes glinted with intellect and mischievous intent.

He got a lot of sympathy actually.

"Awwww... Looking for your girlfriend sweetie?"

"You should keep your fiance close!"

"GET OUT OF MY SHOP YOU MISCREANT"

...Okay, not exactly sympathy there. But he was closing in on Moroe. Vaguely. A bi- oh look there she was now.

"Okay. She keeps saying I ruin all her plans. So I better observe for a bit to see what she's up to! That way I can work with Moroe-san instead of against her!

...Yeah. Souji's plans aren't very good.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal gives a sigh, but she's smiling. While Kin may seem more reserved today, Krystal seems to be more rambunctious. She's actually looking forward to whatever Kin has planned.

Krystal holds a hand out in front of them, palm up. Lead the way.
    "As you desire, my lady."

Kin reluctantly disentangled herself from Krystal, seeming to wilt a little as she did so. It was only when they left the building that she really recovered. After taking a long, deep breath of fresh air and doing several twirls, she set off in much better spirits towards their destination. It wasn't long before they reached it.

"Behold, oh not-so-weary traveller, the glory that is Pātisserie Joyeux! The greatest pastry cafe this side of the Imaginary Number District!"

So saying, she entered. Within was a relatively small, tastefully decorated establishment which perfectly fitted the School Garden's ambience. It had comfortable tables dotted all around the room, displays full of the most delicious pastries money could by, and prices which could quickly bankrupt less privileged students who didn't keep their appetites in check; Not that someone like Kin worried about such financial trivialities, of course. She simply rushed to the counter and started ordering her midday snack.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Pixie in the Playground

Jounouchi gasped and staggered, out of breath and blinded by the sunlight denied to him for what seemed like forever. He pressed both hands on his knees, panting hard; and more than a littler perturbed by what Moroe had to say.

"I...Immortality!? You're joking. That's impossible. Utterly impossible."

But after what he went through, he wasn't so sure.

"Thank you for my rescue, did Daisuke-sama send you? What is your name?"

He waited for Moroes' response.

When Moroe got around to calling the number, there would be a momentary pause of about...Perhaps, ten seconds, give or take, before the heavily modulated voice once again made itself heard over the phone. There was an immense sense of anticipation-Of relief, even, audible even after the substantial alteration of the original speaker's voice.

"You have found...Mogami Jounouchi? Is...Is he alive? If he is, may I speak to him?"

Shougo absorbed this information slowly, a look of what looked like bitter shame forming across his face. Inwardly, he was berating himself for not realising that it was very likely that Tobio would be a powerful Esper-Unlike himself. Useless. Utterly useless. And here he was trying to mock him, with a crude imitation of the Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu, it was as if-

No. Tobio would not do that, he realised, rebuking himself for his fit of jealousy. Even if he were not...Gifted in the same way, even if he were not even half as good as his father was, it was not his place to complain about such a turn of events. It was simply the way things were. Still, the fact that Tobio was so much more powerful was rankled his nerves-If he had his strength, he would have been able to protect his father; protect everyone. And while it was true that powerful Espers were still human, they were capable of so much more than unpowered folks like him-No, not unpowered, he reminded himself; level one, which was for all intents and purposes unpowered. And unlike his father, he wasn't so strong of body, mind and spirit that he could hope to clash with espers with his fists and feet and hope to win. Utterly worthless.

"Ah. That is...Most impressive, Ishida-san. I envy your power. Myself? I am a mere level one, Charge Action. It has something to do with momentum that I do not truly understand..."

He paused as he said this, remembering something vague that his teacher said in homeroom class about 'understanding how one's power works is the key to progress'. Momentum was something to do with physics, he remembered, something to do with movement. But he did not know how it worked, being too poor to afford a decent physics tutor and too proud to ask for help, as well as not being exactly academically brilliant. This realisation shamed him-For he was indeed on the verge of failing a handful of subjects, when he should not be; and gave him a little hope. Perhaps he would be able to improve with a little teaching? But ... That would only prove Daisuke right, he thought, about what he said about martial arts being useless. And in a sense, he also felt as though that would be spitting on his father's teachings, and he couldn't have that-He would rather die than disgrace his father's legacy.

He choked audibly as the most cynical, bitter part of him caustically informed him that it wouldn't even matter in the end, whether he did well or not: no doubt Daisuke would be there to ruin everything, and he would be lucky if he managed, nay, was permitted to find a lowly, dead-end job, slaving away to support himself and his mother day-to-day whilst paying off the rent for their current home; and that was if Daisuke did not demand his debt repaid. He was alone, struggling hopelessly against someone he knew he could not defeat.

No. Not alone. Moroe was out there. She was fighting for him right now, in a cause that was not her own. The very least he could do would be to fight alongside her. In fact, not knowing where she was right now was worrying him-was she in school? He hadn't seen her around, although the fact that she was his senior in a school of several hundred people might have something to do with it. More importantly, had she found anything?

He did not even realise he had pulled out his phone until he realised that he did not remember Tobio's instructions on how to text. He hesitated briefly before asking Tobio again, embarassment coloring his face bright scarlet.

"Ah...Ishida-san. How do I ask...I mean, text, Ishimaru-senpai on where she is? I would like to meet with her sometime soon, if possible."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thinking of a reply Tobio says, "Your strong in your own way Nimori-san. A-After all this martial art s-style of yours seems like it really is something. Plus s-strength and p-power don't always correlate to an esper ability. Astraphobia managed to hide and escape from us pretty well, and didn't have to use his powers h-half the time. Usually he u-used his ability of disguise and c-charm to do it. I believe, that the key of getting though life is to play to your strengths to better yourself and to better understand and help others. So anytime you need help at all Nimori-san you can count on me to help. I hope that I can also count on you. And in time, maybe we can learn to count on ourselves.

Seeing Shougo's inquiry Tobio merely gives a genuine polite smile and walks him patiently through the process again. He also inputs his number into Shougo's cell phone in case he ever needs his help. Finishing his little tutorial he says, "Oh yeah! I-If you ever w-want help understanding y-your e-esper ability or training it I am a-always willing to h-help."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-13 at 03:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

"This is Academy City; Around here 'impossible' isn't a word to be used lightly."

Moroe ignored the other questions. She had no desire to put Jounouchi's mind at ease about anything, especially after hearing the disgustingly reverential way he spoke Daisuke's name. Instead she simply took out her phone and dialled her client's number, then silently counted every second until the call connected.

When the mysterious voice finally spoke, one corner of Moroe's mouth turned upwards; She sensed weakness. Last time they'd spoken this person had done everything right. They'd projected an aura of cold rationality on par with even GATE's regular handler. Even when admitting to a strong personal interest in Jounouchi's return, it had never seemed like they would let sentiment interfere with their judgement; Until now. Now Moroe could see the truth behind the mask. She wasn't dealing with a shark; Just a clever little fish.

"Yes, he's alive. Hear for yourself."

With that she held the phone up to Jounouchi's mouth, but only long enough for him to say a few words; Then she yanked it back to her own and continued speaking.

"As you can hear, I've kept my end of the bargain. Now it's your turn."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-13 at 05:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "As you desire, my lady."

Kin reluctantly disentangled herself from Krystal, seeming to wilt a little as she did so. It was only when they left the building that she really recovered. After taking a long, deep breath of fresh air and doing several twirls, she set off in much better spirits towards their destination. It wasn't long before they reached it.

"Behold, oh not-so-weary traveller, the glory that is Pātisserie Joyeux! The greatest pastry cafe this side of the Imaginary Number District!"

So saying, she entered. Within was a relatively small, tastefully decorated establishment which perfectly fitted the School Garden's ambience. It had comfortable tables dotted all around the room, displays full of the most delicious pastries money could by, and prices which could quickly bankrupt less privileged students who didn't keep their appetites in check; Not that someone like Kin worried about such financial trivialities, of course. She simply rushed to the counter and started ordering her midday snack.
    Krystal may not have to worry about those financial things, but she does anyways. Blame her parents, if you must.

Krystal looks around, her pale eyes taking in the cafe. Then she follows Kin to the counter and, after a moment of decision making, places her order.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Pixie in the Playground

The mysterious speaker only had to say a few words before Jounouchi replied, in true cluelessness, with the words 'Fumiko-chan? Is that you?'. This resulted in a slight pause before a screech leapt up from the phone, audible even from Moroes' position even as she pressed it to her ear. When she spoke again, the distortion had curiously faded, leaving only an ordinary teenage Japanese girl's voice.

"That idiot...I went through all that trouble and he...And he...Ah, what does it matter. You have him...And that's all that matters."

There was a cough as 'Fumiko' cleared her throat and a stunning realisation came to Jounouchi.

"Wait, you mean Fumiko-chan sent-"

"You may ask him about the murder-Or have him see a telepath, as I have suggested. He was present, although more as a coerced victim than anything else. In addition, I will provide you with video evidence of the murder, which I shall send to your email shortly. This, along with Jounouchi's own testimony will surely, at the least, earn a search warrant, which will find all sorts of incriminating activity."

Shougo considered this for a moment. A long moment, during which he thought of ways in which to repay this kind individual, and absorbing what he said. He was, right, he supposed; Esper abilities were quite powerful, but power alone meant little if you could not focus it. When it was over, he subsequently spoke, slowly, and with more than a little bit of hesitation.

"Thank you, Ishida-san...And I do not mean to abuse your kindness, but I do need help with my schoolwork, which, to my immense shame, I am struggling with, and with my Esper power. I would whatever it takes to repay that. And...If you are interested in learning Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu, I shall gladly teach you. It would be the least I could do to begin with."

He swallowed a lump at the base of his throat-It was never easy for Shougo to ask for help, much less offer something in return for help soon after, something he was not even sure Tobio would accept; after all, what use would a powerful Esper such as him have of Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu? But he asked anyway. To repay one debt, he must procure another...And, though Shougo denied it to himself many times over, citing that Tobio may not want to associate himself with him overly much...He wanted to be his friend.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Perhaps Moroe should have been annoyed at being deceived like this, but for some reason she wasn't. Maybe it was because she was relieved at not having a new shadowy force complicating her life; Maybe it was because this 'Fumiko' reminded her a little of herself; Or maybe it was because, much as she'd tried to suppress it, Moroe still had a soft spot for happy endings. Not that Jounouchi deserved a happy ending, but maybe his girlfriend did.

"That's fine, except for one thing: No telepaths. Ever. For obvious reasons, I'd rather not have my part in this case become public. And while I know that Mogami will never breathe a word of it until his dying day, he can't be allowed to have his mind probed either. I'm guessing that his own ability will be able to keep out anyone who refuses to take 'no' for an answer.

Now that that's clear, it seems that your friend has an appointment to keep.
    "

Barring any objections/interruptions, Moroe would then send Jounouchi off to give his statement to the authorities. Then, once he was inside, she'd send in the incriminating video as an anonymous tip. Though she couldn't stay with him every step of the way as she'd have liked, she made sure to keep an eye on him with some discreet shadowing and a few drones. With Shougo's own happy ending now so tantalisingly close, she wasn't about to let it escape at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal may not have to worry about those financial things, but she does anyways. Blame her parents, if you must.

Krystal looks around, her pale eyes taking in the cafe. Then she follows Kin to the counter and, after a moment of decision making, places her order.
    Kin wasted no time in securing them a table and dancing over to it with plate in hand. She sat nibbling her selection with surprising restraint, while taking long, searching looks out of the window.

"I suppose I should be thanking Albern-san for giving us an excuse to come here. That's two days in a row where a bit of applied chaos has done us good..."

13. - Top - End - #1003

Krystal nods in agreement. Yeah, it definitely has.

You know, I feel the need to quote some saying about having good in any situation, but I can't pick one. There's too many.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio smiles as he nods to Shougo. "Of c-course Nimori-san i would be happy to help with your schoolwork and powers. I-I would also be honored to learn Nimori-Ryu ninjustu. Tobio looks down for a moment before clenching his fist over his chest.

He smiles as he says, " You can count on me Nimori-san. I'm glad that we could become friends."

---------------------------------------------------------

Crocell walked down the street with his hands in his pockets. He lets out a sigh as he wanders aimlessly. He continues down the street as he tries to think of something to do. Maybe partake in some parkour? He did need to keep up his training. He then walks past Pātisserie Joyeux. He would have not even paid attention to the place if not for the irresistible smell coming from it. Crocell's eyes seem to morph into hearts as his mouth starts to water. He had never been here before and the smell of sweets was making his sweet tooth ache something fierce.

He walks inside, the bell tinkling as he does. He then immediately takes out his wallet and walks up to the counter, buying a ridiculous amount of crepes, cakes, pies, and any other sweet that they had. Balancing the plates that hold his treats rather handily he takes a seat a the table near Kin and Krystal. He then starts immediately digging in with all haste, and yet he still manages to look refined. As he eats his eyes seem to sparkle like a kid who just got his favorite toy for Christmas.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-14 at 04:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1005

What?

What's this?

Look look!

Souji's head.

It's breaking~

That careful hold over himself?

Yeah.

It's gone now.

Pity, that.

Oh look again! He's moving!

Closer.

Closer.

Clooooserrrr

"Ahh... Moroe-san... You're so interesting... Three pages. Three pages. Three."

That look!

It's splendid.

Remarkable.

Spectacular

Is it Souji?

No. Couldn't be.

It's his Doctor~ His deadly, wonderful, brilliant doctor! He's back! Finally

The wait is over now. The doctor, the mad doctor, has returned. And he's already found his first perfect pawn!

[Doctor]

A boy stood underneath a tree, a wicked smile on his face as he observes Moroe and her captive. He's no longer wearing a wig or contacts, and the silver hair wafts gently in the wind. And yet... nobody attacks him. Nobody strikes at the boy who so closely resembles the most wanted of Academy City.

And that's because they know.

It's not Fuschichou Souji. Not anymore.

Adachi stands, staring down, a crazed grin on his face. "Watch first. The watching, the waiting... That's the best part. Just watch."

And he watched Moroe, uninhibited by others. Because while he looked like Astraphobia, he didn't. A sense of wrongness permeated every pore in his body, and no one went near the boy with the crazed smile, staring fixedly at a girl on a phone.

----

And then the boy was inside, and as Moroe finished her tasks, pop.

"Heeelllooooo Moroe-chan~"

The boy's stare was intense - impossible to avoid his gaze, and the crazed smile that covered his face would worry any sane person. And the eyes... the eyes were the worst part.

Wide. Open. Looking into you, never stopping never letting going oh god get out get out get out

"Would you like a naaaaaame? I know you would! You got three pages. Three. I got three too! We already have something in common."

He walks closer, just smiling that smile. That crazed, crazed smile. He leans in close, and whispers in her ear.

"Guess"

That one word.

The tagline of the most insane man on the planet - posthumously.

Doctor Adachi. The murderer, the psychopath, the serial killer, the INVENTOR.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-02-14 at 08:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe pressed the 'send' button on her phone with a definite flourish. And why not? She'd completed her mission. With both Jounouchi and that video in the hands of the authorities, the Pure Streets' reign would soon be over. At long last-

"Heeelllooooo Moroe-chan~"
    "No. Please no."

The Fates ignored her pleas. She looked up, and there he was, standing right in front of her; Staring her down with a face unlike anything she'd ever seen on him. How had he got so close? Someone should have cried out. She should have been crying out.

"Would you like a naaaaaame? I know you would! You got three pages. Three. I got three too! We already have something in common."
    He was coming closer. She recognised this, but it was as if her mind had been severed from her body. With growing desperation she tried to bring life back to her paralysed muscles, as the boy she'd known as 'Souji' closed the distance between them.

"Move! Move, damn you! He's coming! Why are you just standing there?! Fight! Run! Plead! Do something to show that you're still alive!"

He was next to her now. He was leaning down to whisper something in her ear.

"Guess"
    "MOVE!"

And she did. It had taken so very long, but the trained killer within her had finally broken through this demon's control. Without warning her open hand shot out towards her tormentor's throat, aiming to end his life in a single, pinpoint strike.

17. - Top - End - #1007

And the boy just grinned as her hand passed harmlessly by his head.

"Moroe-chaaaaan, you know that doesn't work. I came back from the dead after all"

Oh god the eyes. Those crazed eyes. Souji never looked at her like that. He always had some sort of grin, laughing at a secret only he knew. But the demon's eyes just stared, never blinking, never changing. Just like that damn grin of his.

"Moroe-chan you can't kill me! You neeeed me. It's a choice, Moroe-chan! All yours"

He grabs her hand, and god he's so strong. So much stronger than Souji, despite being the same person. Or was Souji always that strong? She didn't know. She couldn't have known.

"I'm baaaack Moroe-chan! Because of you! Your three pages!"

Three. Three. He always kept talking about three. What? Why? What three?

"But it hurts Moroe-chan, it hurts. I'm being torn apart because of your lovely little silver haired friend! He wouldn't stop the hurting Moroe-chan. He never would."

Her hand wasn't on his neck anymore, and he grabbed at her other hand, the grin widening as he moved closer, closer.

"He tore me apart Moroe-chaaaan~ I was in his head! It was such a wonderful little place! A clone, thinking he's human?" The demon... Doctor? Abomination? laughed, a laugh that expressed his feelings towards such meaningless resistance. "He was new! So new. The best kind of new. He was raised to think he was human. Why? Because we wanted to do to him what happened to yooooou Moroe-chan~"

He leaned in so close, oh god, his breath was on her neck, oh god oh god oh god

"We wanted to break him. And it worked! I was in his head Moroe-chan! But he pushed back, because he was human,"

The word was spit out like a disease on the devil's lips.

"And then he tried to break me! You don't know how painful it was

My consciousness

Ripped apart

Piece

by

Piece
    "

The speech was clipped, off, distracted. He grinned that death's head smile at her again, the eyes nearly cracking from how open they were.

"And now I need you Moroe-chan! Because you know the backroutes back to where I need to be. And once we're there... Poof! He's gone! No more clone. No more doctor. You'll be freeee~"

He stared at her. Not like Souji did that one time, when she got a glimpse, just a small glimpse, of his hatred, not like he was staring into her soul, but like she wasn't even there.

"Wouldn't

That

Be

Great
    "
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-02-14 at 10:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe didn't even try to make sense of those insane ramblings. She'd never been able to understand them even when she wasn't frightened out of her wits, so starting now was pointless. Instead she focused all of her attention on not letting him win. She wasn't going to play his game any more. She wasn't going to let her childhood fears overwhelm her (even though he was so very, very close). No, she was going to fight back the rising terror, bring up her knee and send it hurtling straight at his groin.

And that's exactly what she did.

19. - Top - End - #1009

The devil dodges again. He's next to her now, and his hand is reaching towards her leg, still in the air.

"Moooorooooe-chaaaaan~ Calm down and listen."

The voice didn't ask. It commanded, it demanded her to acknowledge its presence and know her place.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

"No! No more listening! JUST DIE!"

As soon as he released one of her hands in order to grab her leg, she used it to send out another punch. That voice of his was drilling into her brain, but it didn't work on her any more. Ruled purely by the overwhelming desire to kill this monster, no amount of intimidation was going to stop her now. She was just going to keep fighting with everything she had.

21. - Top - End - #1011

The boy drops her leg, and backs up, away from the girl, but still grinning like a devil.

"Ahn~ But if I die, so does Souji, Moroe-chan... And do you want more people to die? All you have to do is choooose~ You or him. A human or a clone! It's not hard Moroe-chaaaaan, he's just an abomination~"

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'M! NOT! LISTENING!"

Now that she'd finally been given some much needed space, Moroe did what she should have done from the beginning: Draw a gun and open fire. Yes, Souji (or whoever this was) had the power to magnetise guns; Yes, he was probably fast enough to stop her before she even fired a shot. But she didn't care. Even if there was only a 1 in ten trillion chance of killing him, she was going to keep trying until that chance came up.

23. - Top - End - #1013

The Doctor sighed.

The bullets vanished. Then the gun did.

"My ability Moroe-chan~ I'm disappointed you forgot! Atomic Manipulation is ever so useful!"

A pause.

"...Don't tell me Moroe-chaaaan... You thought I had Souji's ability! Heeee~ So funny, so so funny Moroe-chan! Nonononno, he's not me! I have my Atoms again Moroe-chaan, they dance ever so sweetly~"

The Doctor. The Devil. The Atomic Manipulator, the only level three to ever go toe-to-toe with level fives like it was some sort of joke.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

That little miracle managed to briefly penetrate even Moroe's veil of rage. She may not have been paying attention to words, but that one action had been worth a thousand of them. For a few seconds she paused, trying to process what had just happened.

"How did...That's not...No. You can only have one power. One power! That's an absolute fact! No matter how many minds you have in there, even you can't change that! YOU CAN'T!"

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell walked down the street with his hands in his pockets. He lets out a sigh as he wanders aimlessly. He continues down the street as he tries to think of something to do. Maybe partake in some parkour? He did need to keep up his training. He then walks past Pātisserie Joyeux. He would have not even paid attention to the place if not for the irresistible smell coming from it. Crocell's eyes seem to morph into hearts as his mouth starts to water. He had never been here before and the smell of sweets was making his sweet tooth ache something fierce.

He walks inside, the bell tinkling as he does. He then immediately takes out his wallet and walks up to the counter, buying a ridiculous amount of crepes, cakes, pies, and any other sweet that they had. Balancing the plates that hold his treats rather handily he takes a seat a the table near Kin and Krystal. He then starts immediately digging in with all haste, and yet he still manages to look refined. As he eats his eyes seem to sparkle like a kid who just got his favorite toy for Christmas.
    Kin treated the newcomer to a thoroughly amused smile. She leaned conspiratorialy over to Krystal and mock-whispered to her in a voice easily loud enough to be heard by Crocell.

"See that? That was me when I first found this place."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-15 at 01:35 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1015

The doctor laughed.

"You still don't get it do you Moroe-chan? Rin-kun had no powers! The clone has a power. Sora (he's neeew) has a power. It's all a matter of perspective! And I'm. Not. Hiiiim~"

The mad grin, the tilted head. "Besidessss, don't you know me yet? The three pages. Four people have three pages! I'm one of them. Doctor Adachi"

The mere mention of the name might send chills up Moroe's spine - and his follow up words might scare her even more.

"Noooow Moroe-chaaaan. You have three pages too! So what makes yoooou.... Like meeeeee?"

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Swallowing a piece of caramel turtle pie, Crocell turned to look at where he heard Kin talking. Seeing the duo he gives a smirk as he says, "Well, well, well if it isn't Sticky-kun and Snowflake-chan. Funny meeting you two here." He then takes the time to eat a rather large piece of crepe, unable to keep the look of utter joy off of his face.

Once he regains the ability to speak he then says, "So what brings you two to this establishment. After all I would think that you guys would be doing something fun like going to the arcade. Oh and for your information yes it is my first time here." He seems to think about what to say for a moment before shrugging and asking, "Hey Snowflake-chan, I gotta know. Is that your natural hair color or is it died to get people's attention? Cause it sure works."

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin blinked in confusion at this display of familiarity from a stranger. Then she took another look at Crocell and remembered where she'd seen him before.

"Oh, it's Albern-san's friend. I didn't recognise you without the scowl."

In truth she was actually grateful for that attitude of his. If it hadn't been for his rude (but accurate) observations, she might never have realised how selfish she was being last night.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    The doctor laughed.

"You still don't get it do you Moroe-chan? Rin-kun had no powers! The clone has a power. Sora (he's neeew) has a power. It's all a matter of perspective! And I'm. Not. Hiiiim~"

The mad grin, the tilted head. "Besidessss, don't you know me yet? The three pages. Four people have three pages! I'm one of them. Doctor Adachi"

The mere mention of the name might send chills up Moroe's spine - and his follow up words might scare her even more.

"Noooow Moroe-chaaaan. You have three pages too! So what makes yoooou.... Like meeeeee?"
    "...Ridiculous."

Moroe spat that word out with all the force she could muster; Which turned out to be very little. Her voice simply lacked conviction. She looked as if someone had pulled her whole world out from beneath her.

"Adachi died. That's a fact. The evidence was overwhelming."

All of that was true. There was no doubt in her mind that Adachi had indeed been killed. And yet with every passing second she looked more and more adrift. Scattered memories were assembling themselves in the forefront of her mind; Among them a certain file she'd read just two days ago.

"I know what you're about to say, and it's a-absurd. You honestly expect me to b-believe that you're a...reincarnation of the strongest Level 5 ever created? That Fuschichou Souji was just your chrysalis?"

With great difficulty, she rose to her full height and looked Adachi straight in the eye. Perhaps if she'd stayed silent this might have been seen as a sign of conviction. Her next words, though, spoke of someone engaged in a last, desperate stand against an encroaching truth.

"Well it's not going to work. Not the false rebirth, not the parlour trick with my gun, and not your damn three pages! If you think you can break me just by throwing a list of the dead in my face, then think again! My victims can't reach me any more than yours can!"

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell gives a noncommittal shrug of his shoulders. He then says, "Hey I'll have you know that girls dig that scowl, besides you weren't exactly at your most impressive yesterday and I was pretty agitated. However your friends with Carver and Snowflake over their gave a pretty passionate defense of your character. So I figured 'what the heck' why not go out on a limb? So as of now yesterday never happened. Besides if Carver likes you that's good enough for me, he's kinda my only friend."

He eats a few more pieces of cake before he starts talking again. "I never learned your names come to think of it. So allow me to introduce myself. The names Shiota Tsubasa, but I go by the name Crocell. So what are your names?"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-15 at 11:35 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin didn't really know how to respond to such a rambling explanation. She wanted to make some sort of snappy remark, but couldn't decide which part of the behemoth to go after. In the end she admitted defeat and just gave a straight answer.

"Miura Kin."