New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Jin takes the paper from Mei, noting the title as he does so.

"Yeah, I am. I mean, I even shouted it when I came in. I mean, Mr. Morita gives way too much homework. You okay?- wait."

Jin scans through the paper, frowning as he does so.

"Why did he print this out, unless..."

Jin begins murmuring as he reads, his words barely audible to Mei-
    Risk assessment minimal
    Monetary compensation provided
    Possibilities for ability advancement

Finally, he mutters "No such thing as a risk-free fight. That idiot'll do anything for power."

Jin folds the paper up, and slips it underneath the laptop on Ren's desk, packing his things neatly- something distinctly out of character for him.

"I uh, need to go."

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Uncharacteristically far from trouble, Yamamoto Katsu sits calmly at a table in Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri. Flipping quite quickly through what appears to be a school textbook to the amazement of those who had seen the hyperactive super-sonic Azabu student before.

Perhaps Katsu was waiting for someone? A planned meeting, or an unsuspecting victim.
    Whether or not Katsu was waiting for an unsuspecting victim, that's exactly what he got. The eatery doors were suddenly flung open to reveal the hulking figure of Kiyoshi Jirou. He stomped into the room with all the force of someone trying too hard to be intimidating. He quickly made his way to a table and sat down, without checking if it was already occupied. In his mind, such courtesies would make him seem weak. Should the current tenants not be amenable to his intrusion, he'd simply look up, fix them with a steady glare, and say:

"Hey buddy, take a hike before oh ****."

Of course, if he'd known that Yamamoto Katsu ate at this establishment, he'd have made some alterations to the plan.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shiho didn't really know what to say - or, for the matter, what to make of this whole scene. It was probably a good thing that Crocell was able to diffuse the situation, but of all things, a ninja in modern Japan? "Shougo"'s choice of words was also quite fascinating; even with her own language quirks, she was quickly able to recognize the language as being akin to the non-modernized versions of Genji Monogatari. No - not quite that old, but it's quite curious that someone would still use such language in modern Japan.

She did not respond to Crocell's reply or his conversation with Kin; now that the gaze of the arcade members - or, at least, what remained of them - rested squarely on the boy, she found it much easier to actually think without getting flustered at the social attention. Her physical body remain rooted in place, paying some attention to her surroundings as a third party to a conversation for two while not directly interfering with the dialogue between Crocell and Kin.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ...With that Crocell walks back over to his groups. With his new position he is able to Kin's cold eyes. It startled him as he had never seen Kin with that kind of look on her face before. With concern discernible in his voice he puts a hand on her shoulder and says, "Hey Kin you okay? You don't seem to be your usual bubbly self."
    When Crocell came into view, the temperature of Kin's gaze dropped a few more degrees. She shrugged off his offered hand, gave him her entire cargo of stuffed toys, and walked 'casually' over to Krystal, in a futile effort to pretend that nothing was wrong.

"I'm fine, Shiota-san. Thank you for asking."

As usual, her emotions were an open book; An open, transparent book with very large print. She had clearly taken offence to something done by Crocell, which she just as clearly didn't want to discuss. Instead, she intertwined herself with Krystal in the usual fashion (with her head resting comfortably on the other girl's shoulder), and struck up a friendly conversation with Shiho.

"So, Akiyama-san: Are you a new inmate at Tokiwadai? I don't recall seeing you within the confines of that dismal building."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-10-25 at 04:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell recoiled at Kin's brush off and at the attempt to find out what was troubling her. What the heck did he do? She was bothered by something and didn't want to talk about it? Then how the heck was he supposed to know what he had done. She wasn't even acknowledging his presence after she unloaded the toys into his arm. For a minute Crocell's face is full of shock, but then it settles back into an expression. If they were looking Kin and Krystal would recognize this expression. It was the one he wore when he had first met them, a scowling expression that seemed permanent, Crocell's mask was back. Walking over to Krystal he hands her the toys ans says in the rude voice he used before becoming friends with her and Kin, "I'll be outside, for when your done with the meet and greet."

With that he walks outside the arcade to the nearby abandoned lot. Funnily enough Crocell's statement seemed to be mostly aimed at Kin, rather than Krystal. Still he often wondered why Academy City had these abandoned lots. Maybe it was for novelty value and so that espers could have a place to blow off steam, cause that was what Crocell was doing. With fire in his eyes as anger in his voice he threw fireballs and cause explosions as he angrily and repeatedly said, "Liar, Liar, Liar, Liar, Liar, LIAR, LIAR, LAIR, LIAR, LIAR!"

(OOC: I feel strangly like a clueless anime harem protagonist as even I don't know what set Kin off. Then again maybe I'm just missing something.)
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-10-25 at 09:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #576

"Inmate?". Such a strong and unpleasant description was a marked surprise. She had always thought of the academy as a beautiful place; a gathering of the elites of Academy City - the level four and level threes - and a garden of grace and the utmost elegance. Perhaps the reality is a little different? Most of the other students she spoke to prior to her requested "transfer" was proud of the school; it's surprising, but Shiho assumed that it was a matter of perspective. The other girls did emit an air of pretentiousness at times, true. Perhaps that sort of thing is not for everyone.

Come to think of it, it is rare for a student from the outside to suddenly appear in the academy. "I'm transferring in next week, yes. I guess I was home-schooled for a while, but when my ESP started developing they had me transfer to the academy instead. It's the first time someone had compared the academy to a prison, though; is there a reason why you dislike Tokiwadai so, Kin?"

In her line of work, it is almost required that a "researcher" can tell a successful lie. In contrast to her innocent appearance prior, her expression did not even change as she related her reason; she was aware of the angry glares that the other Tokiwadai girls were shooting at the group and mentally blocked out their countenances. Still, she tried her best not to look into their eyes or acknowledge their displeasure at the elite academy being compared to a jail cell, and chose to focus her attention on Krystal and Kin.

...and, of course, Crocell. He was angry as well - the girl could see this quite well in his expression and the harsh tone in his voice. He seemed almost ready to vent his ESP ability right inside the arcade; his AIM field distorting into an active shape. She was glad that he chose to leave rather than to just vent right here - a pyrokinetic, probably strong enough to burn down the arcade, and a Judgment member as well; it would be a rather terrible first impression if she had to use her jamming on him here.

(ooc: please excuse any grammar/spelling errors. I typed this on my iPhone, and autocorrect kills:x)
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2012-10-25 at 09:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #577

Krystal watched the events with Shougo, and was about to step in herself. But, Crocell beat her to it. Which was good. The group of guys probably wouldn't have listened to her. She'll give the ninja like not a smile and a wave when he looks to her, trying to appear as friendly as possible.

Then comes Kin's reaction to Crocell. Which takes Krystal by surprise. Which shows on her face. Before she has a chance to properly react, though, she's handed the toys by Crocell, who leaves. Krystal watches him go, kind of worried.

At Shiho's question towards Kin, Krystal gives a small chuckle. Oh, don't worry. She thinks of any place she's forced to go to as a prison. Especially if it has rules.

Since I think Kin has something important to take care of at the moment,
    Krystal midges Kin, glates at her, then jerks her head towards the door, hopefully giving the message that Krystal thinks she needs to go talk to Crocell now. I'll show you around here some, okay.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC: I feel strangly like a clueless anime harem protagonist as even I don't know what set Kin off. Then again maybe I'm just missing something.)
    {OOC: That's intentional. This isn't an area of Kin's character that's really been covered before.}

It took a while for Kin to respond. She seemed somewhat stunned. Eventually, almost automatically, she took a few hesitant steps towards the exit.

"Uh, yes. I'll just go and...Yes."

Kin left the arcade in a daze. This was definitely not going to plan. She'd expected Crocell to be confused by her reaction; Maybe a little angry. But driven to such frightening intensity? No, that had been a complete surprise. Then again, she couldn't exactly look down on him for having a bad temper. Her own inability to deal with anger was the cause of this whole mess.

Crocell wasn't hard to find. The explosions and constant chanting were something of a giveaway. Kin poked her head around the corner of the abandoned lot with some considerable trepidation. It was hard to believe that the rage-filled monster who stood surrounded by flames was the same boy who, just yesterday, had happily let her ride on his back. She'd never realised how scary Crocell could be. Not wanting to burn herself on the fire (in more ways than one), Kin called out to him.

"...Shiota-san? C-can we talk?"

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The only reason Crocell was able to hear Kin was because he had been around his explosions so long that his ears registered them as background noise. The flames die down as Crocell starts calming himself, taking several deep breaths to make sure he was calm as possible for the upcoming discussion. "...Fine, but before we talk can you answer me this? Did you come here of your own free will, or did you come here because Krystal told you that you should?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

"T-the second one. I'd have preferred to keep my distance until we'd both calmed down; That's what I usually do. Only, this time, that strategy didn't go very well."

Even when the flames had died, Kin didn't move any closer to Crocell. She looked at him from across the lot, with a mixture of fear, guilt and confusion. Like him, she had no idea why her actions had provoked such an intense reaction.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell sighs as he says, "I see. Very well then." Crocell turns around to look at Kin. His mask is still in place though not quite as tightly as it was before. He was actually going to try to make an effort in this. However her answers would determine his actions.

Well then, lets talk. Do you want to go first or should I.

12. - Top - End - #582

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I'll show you around here some, okay.
    "I am really appreciative of your kindness. Thank you, Krystelle."

For Shiho, a tour of the city would be rather redundant; she has lived in Academy City for quite a while now, and had seen more of its light and dark sides than most of its denizens combined. Still, it occurred to her that accepting the invitation would be the most respectful course of action. Besides, the other girls still need to find Crocell - not a particularly difficult task, really, with the very visible beacons of power that he's freely sending out. Still, no sign of anti-skill present: it seems that the fire esper is venting somewhere safe, perhaps near a pool or in open stone ground without people.

"Should we find those two first, though?" she added, turning towards the stream of smoke that is unmistakably the signature of the esper. Even as she spoke, Shiho did not wait for a reply: she was already absent-mindedly leading the Western girl towards the location of Crocell's AIM field.

13. - Top - End - #583

Krystal smiles, sighs, and shakes her head a little. Then she moves to catch up with her new acquaintance. Seems she had a completely new and different kind of personality to deal with now.

Actually, I think we should let them be for a little while. They got some talking to do, and I think it'd be best to just let them do it by themselves.

But, we could still explore the School Garden here. I'm willing to bet you haven't been to every place in here. And we can talk, too. Get to know each other better.
    Hopefully, her arm load of toys wouldn't hinder her too much. She was starting to consider stopping by her dorm real quick to drop them off.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

It was clear that Kin didn't want to go first, second or twenty fifth. Nevertheless, she did; Sort of.

"Okay, here goes: I'm sorry. I was upset, and let my feelings bleed over to you. I really didn't know that my actions would hurt you so much.

Well, that's that sorted out. Now, what say that we pretend this never happened, make up and rejoin the others. Wouldn't that be best?"

This sudden, completely out of place plea was accompanied by a weak smile and an extended hand. The intent was obvious: Kin was offering a way out of the dangerous territory in which they'd found themselves. If Crocell was willing, then the two of them could walk out of here right now and put this whole incident behind them. It was a path that would avoid any uncomfortable discussions, emotional minefields and deep psychological issues which could potentially affect this new friendship.

In other words, it was the path of a coward.

15. - Top - End - #585

"I guess you're right. I respectfully apologize."

The flames from afar seems to be dying off by this point. Shiho imagined that the fire esper has tired himself out or made contact with Kin; she glanced in the warehouse's direction for one final time before turning back to Krystal, replying to her second suggestion with her usual smile.

"The school garden...that sounds really nice. I've heard of the great Tokiwadai many times, but I've never really seen the School Garden. Please take care of me, Krystelle-sama."

She bowed respectfully to the girl, continuing to subconsciously use her excessively polite speech; what she said was was a bit misleading - she has been inside the school campus quite a few times. Not to the garden, perhaps - and that was the full truth, but the rest of campus is quite familiar to the girl. Just...it was not as a student.

With some degree of certainty, those were not among those memories she could look back on with fondness.

16. - Top - End - #586

Krystal inwardly smiled. She found Shiho's constant politeness amusing. Not in a bad way, though.

Well, I think it might be a good idea to drop this stuff off in my room, first. Make walking around easier.

Also, you know you don't have to keep using the formal speech patterns and mannerisms and stuff with me, right? I mean, if you want to, then go right ahead. I just don't want you to feel that you have to.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell raises an eyebrow as he says, "Really? That's really the best you've got? The reason I was so angry back there was because you weren't giving our friendship any effort and your not giving it any now! I know you were upset, but your not telling what I did to upset you so I can not do it again. You just brushed me off and then pretended I didn't exsit. If your not going to work to maintain this friendship then why should I? I've been burned enough times. I've been putting myself out there, don't you remember what we talked about yesterday?"

Flashback

Crocell was highly embarressed about the pictures and would usually not appreciate the phototakers and the person who caused such a scene. However he was a little too blissed out to care. Sure he was not happy about someone with his reputation having pictures like this taken, but then again at the moment he really couldn't care less. Kin's words did have a effect in knowing that he was probably stuck with her, come to think of it Krystal probably was too. Knowing that he found that he just didn't care about his reputation as much as usual.

Plus now that he thought about it. He just didn't care what shoe losers and uptight snobbs up a Azabu think of him. Let them call him what they want, and if they tried to get physical they would quickly find themselves knocked flat on their backs. While still a boiling lobster red Crocell took the time to spit out, "T-T-T-Thank you Kin-chan. I really appreciate this. I-I-I also appreciate your friendship. So...if I ever say anything stupid. If I ever seem to give any hint of not thinking that, always remember today. Because honestly? I would say this is one of if not the best day in my life. So always remember that, okay? That goes for Krystal too."

With that Crocell steadily tries to regain his moter controls and shakily walks over to where he can see Krystal.

There was a pause. Unseen by Crocell, Kin's expression became a lot more serious.

"I shall. I'll remember."

The reply was a very solemn one. Given the situation, such tones might have seemed ridiculous. But Kin recognised the weight behind Crocell's words. She knew that she was being given a rare glimpse of the man behind the mask. Such moments were precious; She treasured every one of them.
    Flashback end

Crocell looks down at the ground sadly as he says, "You lied to me. Just gave me lip service so that I would feel better. I knew I would screw up eventually I knew it! But you promised me that you wouldn't hold it against me. That you would try to help me along even though I was stumbling down a path that scared me. I had hoped that if I ever did anything you would try to help me understand, help me learn, help me be your friend. Instead you literally turned you back on me at the first time I screw up! How can I trust you! How can I know I'm not exposing my self for no reason! How can I know that I'm not making a mistake showing vulnerability, TELL ME KIN HOW!" At those last few words Crocell's head comes up and...there are tears in his eyes.

Crocell clenches his fists tightly as he says, "You see! I'm actually crying over this crap!"

(OOC: I hope this is as powerful as I think it is. I know it's not Terry level powerful, but I hope it at least moves you guys)

18. - Top - End - #588

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Also, you know you don't have to keep using the formal speech patterns and mannerisms and stuff with me, right? I mean, if you want to, then go right ahead. I just don't want you to feel that you have to.
    "My speech patterns? Ah. I apologize, but it is a bit of a silly habit that I developed in my childhood years. Please excuse my selfishness for a bit longer, though; it's somewhat difficult to change old habits."

19. - Top - End - #589

Krystal gives a sort of sheepish smile and waves her hand as much as she can.

Oh, no, don't worry about it. If you can't help it, then you can't help it. There's no problem with that. I just don't like it when people feel they have to be formal all the time. Just doesn't make sense to me.

By now, the pair of them should be nearing the building with Krystal's dorm. She'll swing in real quick to drop off the toys, then come right back out.

Alright! To the School Garden!

...or is it the Student Garden? Gah! I can never remember what it's called. The plaza with the arcade and food places and stuff.
    Krystal will lead them right back to where they came from.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-10-25 at 11:04 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #590

(OOC: I'm forgetting too much about Academy City. Too much To Aru Majutsu no Index and its global scale events, I think.)

"Ah, so that plaza was called School Garden." She was truly not familiar with the area by name, having only visited the school campus a few times in some of her earlier memories. One, to be specific - it was something she was required to see as a "researcher", tagging along the backside of the professor like an obedient dog. Not the worst of memories, to be sure, but still one that she does not like to recall very often; tarnishing her own image of the elite school before her first day of class would be...well...

Regardless, that was likely why they had asked her for an ID before she could enter the area. This lack of knowledge must be remedied quickly; she quietly muted her steps so that she is once again trailing behind Krystal, listening intently to any knowledge that she could share.

21. - Top - End - #591

Krystal nods her head. Yeah. Or Student Garden. I keep forgetting. It's something Garden.

That's where we usually go for our lunch breaks and to just hang out in general. They have quite a lot of different places there. Probably a dozen restaurants alone.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

...Crocell clenches his fists tightly as he says, "You see! I'm actually crying over this crap!"
    "M-m-me too..."

Tears were flowing freely down Kin's cheeks, like the overflow from a torrential flood of guilt. All of her false cheer had been completely washed away. Now all the shame she felt was on full display, in every movement and sound. She tried, but failed, to meet Crocell's eyes as she spoke, in a voice so shaky that it barely held together.

"I never knew. Stupid, stupid me couldn't s-s-see how much you were risking. You always s-seemed so strong; So tough. It never occurred to me that s-s-s-someone like you might be this...fragile...underneath. If only I...I...I..."

I'M SOOORRRYYY!"

The flood waters burst. With that sound which was more bawl than speech, Kin's voice lost all coherence. She just stood there, unwilling even now to close the distance between her and the person she'd wronged.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

...d*mmit. Even now, he couldn't stand the sight of seeing a person cry. He had found dislike for it after seeing his mother cry once. It was something he hated seeing, at least in people he cared for. Plus he could tell how truthful she was being. It wasn't an explaination, but at the least it was an apology. They could work their way up from that. Crocell moves forward quickly and wraps Kin in the warmest hug he could muster. He held for a moment before he spoke. "Apology accepted..."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-10-26 at 11:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594

"A dozen, wow. They all look so much fancier than the ones in di..."

Shiho stopped herself just short of saying "District 5" and "District 10"; instead, she turned to admiring the organization and the elegance of the city, turning temporarily away from her new companion. She made a surprised acclamation, as if her prior trip to the area was void, and that she was seeing a great landmark for the first time in her life.

"Are any of them especially good? I think just before I went to the arcade I tried to eat at a really fancy-looking one. What was it called again? Genuine Japanese Cuisine or something, I think. Apologies if I misremembered the name."

She turned back to Krystal with a smile; whatever expression she was trying to hide that moment was already gone from the girl's face. She made sure that the entire exchange seemed natural enough that there would be nothing to suspect. Especially not about a certain level 6 shift project in the aforementioned districts.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin didn't reply. The power of speech seemed to have left her. Her arms hung limply by her sides as she let Crocell's hug envelop her. Hopefully words would no longer be necessary to convey how truly, horribly bad she felt about all this.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Whether or not Katsu was waiting for an unsuspecting victim, that's exactly what he got. The eatery doors were suddenly flung open to reveal the hulking figure of Kiyoshi Jirou. He stomped into the room with all the force of someone trying too hard to be intimidating. He quickly made his way to a table and sat down, without checking if it was already occupied. In his mind, such courtesies would make him seem weak. Should the current tenants not be amenable to his intrusion, he'd simply look up, fix them with a steady glare, and say:

"Hey buddy, take a hike before oh ****."

Of course, if he'd known that Yamamoto Katsu ate at this establishment, he'd have made some alterations to the plan.
    Looking up, Katsu gives Jirou a curious look for a second before cheerfully replying.

"How d'you take a hike 'fore a cuss? Or did you remember that the thing I should hike before already happened? Did the street collapse?"

Looking out the window, Katsu inspects the road for any signs of abnormalities. Finding nothing, Katsu returns to the conversation, seemingly oblivious to Jirou's glare.

"What's been up, Jirou? It has been a while, or has it? Time is confusing-Thing's OK?"

Despite being as scattered as ever, Katsu's last question has a tone of empathy.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #597

Krystal smiles a little at Shiho's apology. She kind of understood why Shiho was doing it, but she still thought the girl needed to loosen up at least a little bit.

Well, I like every one I've been to so far. Personally, I prefer the cheap little diners that give you a bunch of greasy food. I like the atmosphere in those places. Sadly, I haven't had any luck finding one in the area yet, but I'm still searching.

But, yes, the places here are quite good.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #598

"Ah, do you mean like the Kentucky Fried Chicken establishments in America?"

The girl has no direct experience with Western fast food, scarce as they are in the prestigious Academy City; her only source of information was the product of endless curiosity on the World Wide Web. "I haven't seen a single one of those in Academy City yet, regardless of which district I end up going to. I guess small diner places are somewhat of an urban legend here. Somewhat akin to the stripping woman or the level upper, in a way."

The two were at a certain intersection now; within sight were the arcade, the series of abandoned lots that Crocell (and Kin) had ran off to, and the building of Nagatenjouki Academy. Shiho gave the Nagatenjouki's campus a brief glance in hopes that she would catch a glimpse of her FRIEND friend; finding the campus nearly empty, she returned to her conversation with the Western student.

29. - Top - End - #599

Krystal raises an eyebrow at Shiho's choice of legends, but she doesn't question them.

Eh, kind of. I mean more like a place that isn't part of a franchise, and they don't try to be all fancy and stuff. All they care about is making lots of good food. Like, there was a place back home my family go to every so often called Vinsetta Garage. The place used to be an actual garage for restoring classic cars. And when they turned it into a restaurant, they kept it looking like a garage. And the burgers were crazy greasy, but crazy good.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #600

"Oh! Yes, I think there are some thematic restaurants in Academy City as well. There's supposed to be a place here that disguises itself as a cafeteria and serves cafeteria food; of course, I don't know if you would call Tokiwadai's lunches 'cafeteria fo...'"

"I apologize, I shouldn't compare School Lunch Restaurant with an establishment that served genuine home-made cooking. There is a chain of Macronall Hamburger in Academy City, though; I think they have a few of the greasier choices, although usually covered in a lot of ketchup. I don't think there's any in School Garden, but I've been to a few in some of the other districts."