New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

And as if things weren't chaotic enough...

...Rouga just so happened to be letting his Legion take a break from his gruesome training regimen by the time things started heating up at the Segunda's Palacio.

Now, his Sonido wasn't exactly first-rate. Of all the standard Arrancar abilities, it was the one he paid the least attention developing in his early years. But even a relatively slow Sonido was still faster than the eyes could see.

As such, Genoveva might sense an unfamiliar Reiatsu growing closer and closer, practically like a cannonball...

...aimed at her.

Of course, between her speed and the fact she could sense it coming, it was unlikely the cannonball would hit. But it's the principle of the thing.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

Caiphus stood over the proceedings, a reasonable distance away. He had felt the massive fluctuations in reiatsu from Caos Encarnado, and had been curious as to their origins. He had never imagined that the Primera would be fighting a Fraccion, even if it was one of the Segunda's.

Caiphus smiled beneath his mask. Perhaps Edward would get involved. If that was to happen, then it would be possible that he would be harmed and weakened as a result, potentially even killed. Or maybe, outnumbered as she would be, Genoveva would be hurt. A disturbance in the hierarchy that high up would cause a great deal of turmoil in Las Noches.

That sounded like fun.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-11-05 at 12:28 AM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward finally arrived and upon seeing the combatants that were tearing up his palacio he tried to place himself between them as quickly as possible assuming they would even bother to stay still for a moment once they noticed him. "What the heck is going on here? Why are you two fighting each other? Can't we all just get along?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

Lalita's strategy wasn't a bad one, attacking all about him at once in hopes of catching the Primera with an errant strike...but he had forgotten that she didn't need to be that close to torment him. A bloody-colored bala explodes against his back, just as a fire-wheel cuts through a snickering image, the rush of displaced air having him spin around with a wild kick only to find the space empty. Arcelia might have been to use sonido longer and Edward be faster (debatably!) but Genoveva was surely enjoying her own abilities with sonido at that moment. Precision stops and starts, contorting around Lalita's blow even as she only continues to grin like a mad woman.

"Heh heh...it ain't just da bite kiddo. Ya know right well how dings are, dontcha?" Genoveva taunts, slipping away from a strike once more though this time her vest bears the cut from a narrow escape, "..."

Something seems to have gotten to her though, because as Canguro intervenes between the two of them (now towering over the rather short Primera)...well the effects were obvious. The blade of Genoveva's falchion, forgotten in the little skirmish considering it hadn't been used, was beneath Canguro's arm with it's point digging into Lalitla's throat with a little trickle of blood rolling down from where it had nicked him. Her eyes, slitted for as long as anyone could remember, were open fully as well. They were yellow in the center, around her snake-like pupil, a neon bright color that veritably glowed but towards the edge of her eye the yellow was overcome by crimson almost as if she was bleeding into her iris. Wide and full of cold anger as they burned into Lalita's own, though it's impossible to tell if they looked as such all the time or because of his words.

"Ohh, all sorts o' blokes lookin' ta get involved now. Ya sure ya want to do dis Roo-girl?" Genoveva says in a terrible, soft voice even as the other sources of reiatsu continue to close in on the little spat. Even Edward was showing up!...Though the one heading towards her specifically...found her exactly there. Probably to the surprise of those who had suddenly arrived. Especially when Genoveva was forced away by the momentum to slam into a wall as the Segunda popped in finally...to find the normal slit-eyed and grinning Genoveva.

"Ask yer pretty boy. All Ah wanted was ta talk to der Roo and he flips out. Not mah fault dat Ah deceded ta humor 'em." she replies easily enough.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

When Canguro had jumped between him and Genoveva, Lalita had seen his chance. He had thought about using her as a shield or distraction while lunging at the Primera to cut his throat...

Thus, it frustrates him to no end that she had been faster. He had stopped barely in time to avoid his neck from being pierced.

Time seems to stand still as he stares back at Genoveva, boiling fury meeting her cold anger with equal intensity. So this is how you really look like?

Then Rouga crashes into Genoveva, taking her blade away from Lalita's throat. With a flick of his wrist, he reduces the Fire Wheel back to earring, and slightly touches his throat where the wound is. There's a breeze of cool air as the crimson flames die out. For a moment, he glares at Genoveva as she resumes her act, before a coy smile starts spreading on his face.

"Ah, I'm sorry, Master Edward. Me and dear Lady Primera just decided to have a little friendly spar here. I'd fix the damage immediatly, but it seems I might have hit my arm". He nods lightly to the side, towards his damaged arm that lies limply on his side.

"I promise to get the repairs done as soon as possible. I hope this isn't too much of an inconvenience." He beckons Canguro to stand aside and gives Edward a deep bow.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

"I find that hard to believe considering all the damage that's been done..." The Segunda crossed his arms and gave his subordinate a look of deep disappointment as if to say he had no idea what to do with him. "Geez Lalita, isn't she only the sweetest, kindest, most innocent person ever? Why did you attack her? You said you were off to get Canguro patched up and here you two are even worse for wear than before. Did she scare you? I wouldn't blame you, the extent of her beauty is quite frightening." Edward's voice was as casual as ever and without a trace of sarcasm, of course his choice of words was another story.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-05 at 10:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

As Rouga recovered from his impromptu cannonball, he finally had a chance to get a good look at his surroundings - which ended in the slammed-against-the-wall Genoveva. One could almost SEE his eyes turn into little hearts as he set eyes on the Primera.

"I wasn't aware Ecchan kept girls with DFC around!" He said as he positively leered at the Primera.

Then he looked back at Edward and the others. "Sorry, guess my choice of entrance didn't really help, huh?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, hey! Stop gawking at her like that. That's my privilege. And I'm sure her chest is delicious but it certainly isn't flat! No one has any manners these days! Can you believe him?" said Edward in exasperation as he turned to Genoveva.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-05 at 11:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

The fight looked to be winding down. Unless Genoveva decided to keep it going, which was possible, it was probably almost over. Which meant that no one would receive any serious injuries, and be left vulnerable. Such a shame.

But then again, the fight wasn't necessarily over yet. Caiphus shifted his stance and continued watching the proceedings.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Canguro

The Fraccion let out a sigh of Relief as the battle was interrupted by several newcomers, including the Segunda. She lowered her arm, glancing down at Lalita for a moment, before turning her attention back to Genoveva.

"You don't burst through the walls for a chat, it was to 'see what we got' if I remember right. Don't complain when you got what you wanted." Canguro was leaning back a little on her tail as she folded her arms across her chest. She tore her eyes away from Genoveva reluctantly, though they weren't visible under her kangaroo skull shaped half-helm, to move to Lalita's side, bowing to Edward

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

With a bit of a sigh, Genoveva extracts herself from the depression in the wall and dusts herself off with one hand as her aura fades away. In one deft move her falchion is spun about before slipped into the sheath on her back with more then a little bit of non-chalantness as she appraises Canguro with somewhat bored interest.

"Jus' gonna ignore all de times Ah said Ah wanted ta just chat, eh? Gonna play meh like dat?" the Primera says with another sigh, even as Edward begins to argue with the new comer. Not that Genoveva shows any recognition at the sight of him. Or even what he said. Instead she proceeds with brushing off any dust or debris she had accumulated from being flung into a wall before glancing at Canguro and Lalita, "'sides, doors are fer dose cowed by social convention to the point dey feel dey must use a space deliberately chosen for passage between chambers....what's DFC mean?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

"Delicious Flat Chest." Rouga replied, deadpan.

Then he turned to Edward.

"I don't see your name on her. Or a ing on her finger, but something tells me someone like you'd need a LOT of rings."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

"My name on her? I'm not some barbarian. I don't label people like objects! That's ridiculous! She doesn't belong to me, we belong to each other." Edward hugged himself and smiled tranquilly as if he were picturing a tender scene between them. "She knows in her heart of hearts that it's true and that's all that matters. She's just too shy to come out and say it because she's so refined and timid like a proper lady. She's chaste romance incarnate. I'd have trouble confessing to myself too if I were in her situation." Edward looked to his fracción momentarily. "There's no need to bow. We're all friends here, we don't need to worry about formalities. There's no need to worry about the damage that's been done to this place either. I'm only concerned about your injuries." Edward faced the newcomer again. "Anyway, get outta here. Vamoose, scram, skedaddle, depart post-haste. Nothing to see here."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-05 at 05:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Turning to Lalita, he pointed at Edward. "Is he always this delusional, or was the pot he smoked particularly good this once?" He then turned to Edward. "I ain't going anywhere unless those lovely fried eggs are going with me."

What the hell was he referring to?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

"Me, on drugs? Why I never! I'm high on life! How ironic that you accuse me of such a thing and talk about eggs when it appears you're the one who's mind is cracked! So, Genoveva, what did you want to speak to Canguro about?" Edward decided to ignore this unexpected guest.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, I figure if you consider her to be in your bird's nest when she's clearly ignored everything you've said since you got here you must be either drunk or high."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita resists the urge to roll his eyes at Edward and Rouga as he straightens up. He steps to Canguro's side and put his hand on her shoulder, glaring at Genoveva for a moment before his expression softens to its usual mock.cheerfulness.

"Oh, I believe you are mistaken, Lady Primera. Doors are for those who like a roof above their heads, and don't want it to crash down every other hour", he says, smiling. "If you still desire to... talk, I suggest we move to a more peaceful location, and leave Master Edward and... that imbecile... to their own doings."

"Would you like some tea?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

"Do you always act like others can't hear the venom slipping off your tongue, or are you that oblivious a shemale?" Rouga questioned with a frown. "Seriously, the effort you guys are doing to try and ignore me is so palpable I could almost slice it and make it into a sandwich."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh I don't think so, if I leave you alone with her I can only imagine how much more your state could deteriorate. I think it best that I accompany you." What a silly goose Rouga was, thinking he would even get so much as the time of day after being such a pest.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-06 at 09:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

"You act like I'd care." Silly Edward, thinking Rouga cares about things like social conventions...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly Rouga, seemingly talking to himself. Who was his last comment directed at? Was it in response to Edward? He had been talking to Lalita just now, not him. He was doubly silly for thinking he cared about him in any way. These thoughts about him? Purely subconscious.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Why, naturally, in Rouga's mind, the attention is on himself at all times.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Barbarian in the Playground

Apolinar trudges through the Primera Sector. From a distance, he could see the Segunda palacio exploding sporadically, but he dismissed it. Probably an attempt to find out of explosions were feminine art or something.

From the sounds of it, probably not.

Casting his eye around, he tries to find this body he was told about, although why anyone would be stupid enough to do anything like that mystifies him.

"You said the body was on the outskirts of the Sector. Are we close?"
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Not long after Apolinar's question, the answer comes.

"We are here sir."

The area is isolated, and inside is a considerably mauled and bloody corpse, preserved through the avaiable means to prevent it form simply dissolving into reishi.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Canguro glanced at Lalita as he placed his hand on her shoulder, barely paying attention to Edward's discussion with Rouga and smiling a little at his response about the importance of walls.

"Just another day in Las Noches I guess... I think she was curious about some of my abilities... like my rapid bala." she spoke up, turnigng her attention back to the Primer

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"Aye, but Ah don't give two sh*tes about how fast ya fire'em. Ah wanna see de 'how'." Genoveva comments off-hand, brow furrowed as she looks with some consternation at Rouga. Could be disbelief at this strange person, but might not be. "Ah wanna see it in axtion. Savvy? No tea, eider. Makes meh wanna spew."

Finally her hands begin to glow a ruddy red color before she chucks a bala at Edward and Rouga both, brow creasing as she frowns.

"Ah ain't neider of yers. So quite talkin' bout me like Ah ain't here. Now who der hell are ya?" She finally asks, looking at Rouga long enough to make it plain who she's talking to before turning her slitted gaze back on Canguro. Considering what had just finished, it's almost impossible to escape the sensation she might just attack again but it never comes.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward darted out of the way of the attack and over to Genoveva's side. "Oh no, please don't frown. I hate to see you down. Couldn't you just wait for Canguro to patch herself up?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Rouga didn't move. He just took the Bala to the face. For some reason, it didn't even register until Genoveva started talking.

"Oops, sorry. I was so busy responding to mister third degree here that I forgot about that. Name's Sougami Rouga - Privaron 000 and Ecchan's personal rival. Nice to meetcha.

I didn't catch your name, though. I'm sure it will come in handy to know."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Palacio Cuarta]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

Assuming Alejandro doesn't go at his full speed, Ruwa is able to keep up admirably. One would wonder how she manages to keep so nimble with such weight on her shoulders.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insert rimshot here.
    Aléjandro is sociable enough to move at a speed Ruwa finds comfortable. Shortly enough, the two find themselves on one of the higher floors of the library area, standing in front of an imposing door constructed of black metal, with intricate silver filigree.

"Here we are. The romance section."

The light affixed the roof of the corridor the two are standing in may or may not have just flickered ominously.

----------
    [Middle of Nowhere]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post

"Sonido... Sonido... That's the wooshy one, right?"
    She quietly asked her lamppost. "Uhhh, I think Post-San said I'm good at that one. Yeah." The arrancar said as she kicked at the sand. "I haven't done it in a while though."
    "Well then, I say it's high time you got some practice. I have a schedule to keep after all, and whilst your company is exquisite, I would like to keep it. My Lord should not be kept waiting."

He vanishes in a flash of shunpo, moving a short distance in the direction his map indicates Las Noches to be situated.

"Come now, Gwen. See if you can keep up."
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-11-07 at 10:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

Rouga's rather blase way of announcing his rank as Privaron 00 and the Old Ghost's rival draws a brief moment of silence as she stares at Rouga with her slit-eyed gaze. It seems to take several minutes for her brain to restart from such an awkwardly dropped statement.

"Right. So yer nuts. Good ta know." comes the abrupt dismissal, even as Genoveva turns a sour frown over to Edward, giving a brief shake of her head.

"Ah ain't gonna wait for da Roo to feel bedder. Ah aim ta see it now so Ah can finish mah training. She can rest after." the Primera says obstinately, crossing her arms over her chest. Not that this was particularly unusual, Espada expected to be able to get their way no matter who they were talking to. Genoveva, it seems, just extended that to the other Espada as well.