New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Ancient Forest]

Jacob, dragging himself to his feet, spots the figure but doesn't do much about it yet. However, Damon might gain an extra defense as Jacob refocuses the shielding spell he cast earlier to protect him.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

"Hey, what do you think those guys are doing?" Becca doesn't try to be subtle at all as she points out the two men. "We should go see." She starts walking their way. Even if they turn out to be trainers, at least they're not bug catchers.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ancient Forest

Hildur draws her Gossamer knife when she notices the shimmering figure, and prepares to assist Damon should he need it.

King's Blood Plains

The assimar is also clearly surprised by seeing so many weapons that she doesn't understand. She stays back for now, wondering what in the world these people have.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

Darcy and Ilpholin leave Watchtower together. When they're far enough away, Darcy says, "Sorry about that. Adir thought you should stay and be 'monitored'."

Imagine them not trusting Ilpholin, just because she's the head of AMEN!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

And a demon. Or drow. Why it's somethingism I tell you!

Ilpholin mentally adds Adir to the smarter than he looks category before replying.
    "And you disagree?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

"You think I'd want you locked up and watched?" Darcy asks incredulously. "Why would I do that to you?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

"Because it's called the Watchtower?"

She shrugs. "Or a for your own good thing, which is what I thought it was."

"So... what is it exactly then? Couldn't we... you know... maybe just go without? Maybe being a demon isn't so bad?" Ah, here comes the second guessing. Even though Ilpholin really already knows the answer. But if she can convince Darcy it's ok...

Also super tired so bed now. x.x
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-18 at 02:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1448

[Viridian Forest]

"Master Becca, I'm not sure if it is wise to-"

Whoops.

Too late.

Becca is already heading over to see what the thugs are up to. No doubt this will only end in tears for everyone involved. Glamdring gives a sigh and goes bounding after his trainer.

Once she gets closer Becca will see that the black-clad thugs are busy loading up Kukuna's into a large sack. Not even a pokeball! They're just picking the helpless pokemon out of shrubs and shoving them into the bag. Sure are grabbing a lot of them!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

Darcy freezes, and looks at Ilpholin with an expression of horror and hurt.

She thought Ilpholin cared about her more than to suggest such a thing.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Jumping on Damon's back might have worked...

Except Damon has no intention of standing still, instead shifting straight into the form of a shadowy wolf and legging it, pronto.

To be precise, he's running towards the rest of the group. He sees no point in fighting this thing one-on-one when there's other people to back him up.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

"I mean... I just... I... sorry..."
    Ouch. That hurt worse than any reply ever could. Ilpholin looks down at the ground in shame.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-18 at 05:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "There ya go, that is good."

This time he keeps his hands gently over hers for a bit, showing her how to gently handle the wheel, before pulling his hands away letting her take control. He is still ready to stop her from turning to fast again though.
    Lyanna doesn't get the giggles this time. Instead, she has quite an adorable expression on her face, as she takes her duty seriously, determined to not lose control again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Maybe... maybe he left for your own safety. And he wants to come home, but he can't because if he does, you'd get hurt. And a father who loves his daughter could never see her get hurt. So maybe he left because he loves you." Reinholdt offers. It's a possibility, especially if random sea monsters are attacking.
    Really? tears start to form up again. Then she hugs Reinholdt tight. I miss him sooo much, Reinholdt. I... just wanna see him again. To at least get to say goodbye.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek will slowly start showing Lyanna more about controlling the boat, pulling levers and ropes that can adjust the sail or swing the boon. All the time he keeps a careful eye on her control of the ship.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Viridian Forest]

"Master Becca, I'm not sure if it is wise to-"

Whoops.

Too late.

Becca is already heading over to see what the thugs are up to. No doubt this will only end in tears for everyone involved. Glamdring gives a sigh and goes bounding after his trainer.

Once she gets closer Becca will see that the black-clad thugs are busy loading up Kukuna's into a large sack. Not even a pokeball! They're just picking the helpless pokemon out of shrubs and shoving them into the bag. Sure are grabbing a lot of them!
    [Viridian Forest]

"Hey! What the heck do you think you're doing?" Becca puts her hands on her hips and glares up at the shady individuals. She doesn't like the look of this one bit.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [The Lost Wave]

Really? tears start to form up again. Then she hugs Reinholdt tight. I miss him sooo much, Reinholdt. I... just wanna see him again. To at least get to say goodbye.
    [The Lost Wave]

Reinholdt hugs Estia back and goes to pet her hair gently to reassure her.
    "Maybe you should write him a letter. I know a really good mailman who gets stuff where it needs to go, even if he doesn't know where it ends up most of the time." Reinholdt suggests.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Misha's Pool]

Mimi yelps as she's tossed up into the air. She flaps her wings a couple times, but she's far to disoriented and waterlogged to fly. So, the pixie takes another dip into the water.

She looks appreciative when Riss picks her up, and also a bit embarrassed. There's no doubt she looked silly flailing about in the water like she was. "Thanks, Riss."
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Misha's Pool]

If Mimi still had trouble staying aloft, something that seemed rather likely with wet wings, then Riss would try to put a hand under the potentially struggling pixie and raise her out of the water. It was the least she could do, being that it was mostly her fault that the sprightly fey had been dunked in the first place. But if Mimi had no troubles taking flight again, then a few droplets of water would be sent her way once she righted herself.

Either way, the muse would make her way to the shallows again, moving out just far enough that her feet could touch the bottom. While she wasn't tired yet, she was considering wrapping things up soon so that the trek back to the cave wouldn't be more taxing than usual. Being completely tired had a habit of making everything more difficult nomatter how mundane the chore.
    Misha's Pool

"Your clothes are probably dry enough for you guys to be comfortable in on the way back now, if you wanted to start getting ready to go. This has been amazing, but I think we've pretty much stayed as long as we need to for today." Misha doesn't seem too sad that they're leaving, just resigned to it. She brought her two homes together for the day, and that's buoying her mood significantly.

"Next time though, we should bring something to slip over Mimi's wings so they don't get all soaked. Maybe you can come up with something Riss?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #1457

[Misha's Pool]

Riss gave Mimi a quick smile before lifting her hands up a bit so that the pixie would be able to take off a bit easier. The concept of wing-covers, though, was an interesting thought. "I think I could do something. Might be a little difficult but shouldn't be terribly so." the muse said, nibbling on her lower lip as she probed a few initial ideas as a possible solution.

"I wouldn't mind staying for just a bit longer though.. If you don't mind." the muse said, still sitting in the shallows. Not entirely certain if I like it here because of the atmosphere or because of the memories I've made here or what combination thereof but.. Well, just sitting and relaxing a bit would be nice now that I have the chance to do so. Well, that and setting up a few commands for whenever we get close enough to home for them to be relevant. Might as well update and maybe clear up a few things for the panorama back home as well. After a while of simply relaxing, if that wasn't entirely out of the question (something she highly doubted), Riss would then continue with preparing to leave... Though as a bit of a self test, she left her augmentations off for the time being. She was wondering just how far she could get before having to reactivate them. Assumably, though, once everyone was ready, the trip back to the Cave would follow in short order.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Ancient Forest]

When Wenomir spots the shining figure, he throws one his knives at it with considerable speed and precision. He uses KR's glove to give it enough force to reach the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Ancient Forest]

Jacob, dragging himself to his feet, spots the figure but doesn't do much about it yet. However, Damon might gain an extra defense as Jacob refocuses the shielding spell he cast earlier to protect him.
    [Ancient Forest]

Damon's sudden movements and shape change causes the shining figure to miss, but it also causes Wenomir to miss the leaping figure which suddenly seem to be retreating. Disappearing in a flash, which some might observe look distinctively different then the way the other demons disappeared.

But suddenly the group are finding themselves alone on the slope, the demonic dog Jacob killed slowly disintegrating before his eyes.

The tower is still there though, partly burned down, partly crushed by the massive mass of water which something dropped on it. Vizek lands in front of it, looking rather frustrated. "That was more resistance then I expected. At least they fled though right?" And no one get hurt!

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

"I mean... I just... I... sorry..."
    Ouch. That hurt worse than any reply ever could. Ilpholin looks down at the ground in shame.
    Darcy sits down on a fallen log near the road. She really doesn't know what to say. It was only a couple of days ago that I pleaded with Ilpholin, in tears, to take the cure. Only then that I finally admitted my feelings, to myself and to her. But we knew - I told her - nothing could happen between us as long as she was a demon.

Did she forget already? Or did she think that I would change my mind?

"Ilpholin..."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

Man, don't flip out this early Darcy or we'll never make it through the week.

Of course, then Darcy goes and preemptively uses a tactic I planned on using, though I suspect for different reasons. "She doesn't understand. Help her understand..."

"Darcy... what if I told you I knew someone who could take away the bad things that they did to you?" Ilpholin asks cautiously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

"What, removing the memories??" Darcy says. "I could have asked DC to do that, but it didn't seem right. I think I'd feel... hollow."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

Wing covers? Mimi's not sure what to think of that, but she'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now. The pixie flutters up a bit, scattering water in little droplets around her. She balances on the tip of one of Riss' antlers, flapping her wings to take any significant weight off of it.

She has no protests to staying a while longer, though she's not so content as Riss to sit idle, so she'll be moving around a lot in that time.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving Watchtower

"Would it be any worse than you feel now?" Ilpholin asks taking a seat next to Darcy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Ancient Forest]

Damon's sudden movements and shape change causes the shining figure to miss, but it also causes Wenomir to miss the leaping figure which suddenly seem to be retreating. Disappearing in a flash, which some might observe look distinctively different then the way the other demons disappeared.

But suddenly the group are finding themselves alone on the slope, the demonic dog Jacob killed slowly disintegrating before his eyes.

The tower is still there though, partly burned down, partly crushed by the massive mass of water which something dropped on it. Vizek lands in front of it, looking rather frustrated. "That was more resistance then I expected. At least they fled though right?" And no one get hurt!
    Wenomir shakes his head. "It all seems like a huge waste of time. And do you know what that bright shape was?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek will slowly start showing Lyanna more about controlling the boat, pulling levers and ropes that can adjust the sail or swing the boon. All the time he keeps a careful eye on her control of the ship.
    Lyanna follows the instrustions, taking it very seriously. In fact, this is the most serious anyone's ever seen her. She's trying hard to be a good student.

Reinholdt hugs Estia back and goes to pet her hair gently to reassure her.
    "Maybe you should write him a letter. I know a really good mailman who gets stuff where it needs to go, even if he doesn't know where it ends up most of the time." Reinholdt suggests.
    Estia is petted. Okay. Thank you, Mister Reinholdt. she then leans up to give him a kiss, then lays back down for more huggle/snuggles.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

On a log

Leaving Watchtower

"Would it be any worse than you feel now?" Ilpholin asks taking a seat next to Darcy.
    Darcy turns to face Ilpholin. "Do you really think that's what's bothering me?"

Come on, Ilphy, you're smarter than that.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

On a log

"Well... no. Poor wording I suppose. I was just... considering all our options I guess." Ilpholin says.

This has been a terribad endeavor. Time to try to move on. "So where did you plan on us going for this?" Ilpholin asks. If they aren't staying at Watchtower, then Darcy's got some other place in mind, right?

[The Lost Wave]

"You're welcome." Even though it was just a cheek kiss and Reinholdt's a vampire now, he still manages to blush profusely. SO MUCH BLUSH.

But he'll settle in for snuggles until someone says they've arrived.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-20 at 08:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

On a log

"I thought you'd want to be somewhere alone, where no one could interfere," Darcy says, kicking at a clump of weeds nearby. "Do you have any hideouts like that, or should we just get an inn?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Well...that was a bit of an anti-climax.

Damon, now back in zern form, is stomping over towards the group, still covered in black flames, glaring at Vizek. "Vizek! What the [hissing] was that? You [more hissing] fool, you could've got us all killed. If I hadn't been so quick to react I might have been knocked right out of the sky. You think I'd survive a fall from that height, you [loud hissing]?!"

He is not very happy, it would seem.

So unhappy and angry, in fact, that he's slipping into his own language to find suitable words for what Vizek is.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

On a log

"Well... there is one special place I have like that I suppose. I haven't been there in a while though." Ilpholin says, personally wondering how she forgot about it until now. How... strange.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast