New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central: ((All Wolves Please Read))

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Idea for a new game:

OK, I've been pondering for a while about a new game, and even though it isn't strictly a Werewolf type game, it bears some similarities, and I'd like other people's input.

Introducing:

Ultimate King of the Hill
    Perhaps it would be better if you had some way of removing compettitors. Perhaps if a person was moved back by 3-5 steps they would fall off of the hill?

As an aside, I've thought for a while that it would be nice to have a "Non-WW Central" thread for discussing and announcing structured games that aren't WW games. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to keep such a thread up to date or I would have tried starting it by now.

I have stopped posting from work so expect to see my posting drop off quite a bit.

Come play Ultimate Division!
    I, and I alone, have the most wins in Team Ready, Aim, Fire.
    My llama in Llama, Llama, Duck!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

For those who are wondering and aren't watching the calendar, we are planning on opening Recruitment for WW Classic V early next week. My current information is that Llama, Llama, Duck is going to be postponed slightly, and Zombies is opening recruitment next week as well.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HyramGraff View Post
    *snip*
    As an aside, I've thought for a while that it would be nice to have a "Non-WW Central" thread for discussing and announcing structured games that aren't WW games. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to keep such a thread up to date or I would have tried starting it by now.
    I have that post just beneath all the organizational crap that I could use for such a purpose if you'd like.

Let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaziel
    The Ear
    The Ear is the department in charge of audio surveillance. Every night, they may listen in on the streets, and maybe find out what V is planning.
    How would this work exactly? I have a few different scenarios running through my head as to the mechanics of this role.
    What were you thinking with it?
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-09-21 at 07:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow;
    How would this work exactly? I have a few different scenarios running through my head as to the mechanics of this role.
    What were you thinking with it?
    The Ear is the one I really had a problem with, I honestly can't really figure out what to do with it, unless...

The Ear
    The Ear is the department in charge of audio surveillance. Every three nights, the night when V attacks, the Ear may listen in on one department to determine whether V is attacking that one next. If it is, the Ear warns that department, and they take preventive measures to thwart the plot.

But I'm very curious as to what those mechanics are, can you enlighten me on them please?

Oh yes, a few more things about the V for Vendetta Variant.

Spoiler
    Show

On the Norsefire Groups
    Each of the groups can be destroyed by doing one of the following:
    1. Lynching all members of that group
    2. Destroying that group's building

Oh, yes. V cannot just bomb a building. He/she must ascertain the identity of at least one member of that particular group before the bombing begins.

Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-09-22 at 05:26 AM.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

What do you mean, ascertain? Obviously he could scry, but could he guess?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

He could guess, but he'd just end up killing one random person. Or something. As mentioned, this needs work.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Perhaps V must nominate the individual in question, and correctly identify the affilitation?

However, if V guesses/nominates wrong, then the result is simply as if the Ear had blocked the attempt - V attempts to bomb the building, but the explosive is discovered and disarmed before it goes off.

So say Shadow is V (He's probably our closest analogue anyway) and he decides to try and bomb the Finger.

However, not knowing any Finger members, Shadow decides to nominate Alarra, because everyone scries Alarra. So he sends in that Alarra is the individual whose identity he knows, and the bomb order against the Finger.

However, Alarra is actually a member of the Nose! As Alarra was incorrectly nominated, the attempt fails, however this is not immediately shown.

Instead, in the morning there's a short little interlude where some member of the Finger opens the door to find a roll of dynamite attacked to a timer, and simply kicks it away, where it blows up some poor guy's store.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haha, sweet. That'll definitely work. Thanks for the suggestion, Pingcode.

Oh yes, some more roles.

Adam James Susan

The leader of the Norsefire Party, Susan has full control over every Department. Should any department fall, Susan gains the abilities of that department. He scries as a Civilian and his vote counts as 3. His identity is known to each department head and no one else.

Peter Creedy

One of Susan's subordinates, Creedy leads the Finger. If Susan should fall, Creedy gains his abilities. He scries as Norsefire and his vote counts as 2.

Conrad Heyer

Heyer is the head of the Eye. He scries as Norsefire and his vote counts as 2.

Brian Etheridge

Etheridge is the head of the Ear. He scries as Norsefire and his vote counts as 2.

Chief Inspector Eric Finch

Finch is the head of the Nose. Each night after V's first attack, Finch may follow someone to determine if he/she is actually V. He scries as Norsefire and his vote counts as 2.

Roger Dascombe

Dascombe is the head of the Mouth. He scries as Norsefire and his vote counts as 2.

More specs on the V role:

-Scries as a Civilian
    -His death is NOT revealed
    -Picks his Evey

That's about all I have for today.
    Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-09-24 at 07:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground

Hmmm, this V thing looks interesting even if I have no idea what it is about.

Anyway I actually posted here to ask about Revolution. Is anyone thinking of starting a new game? It's been a while since the last one. I'm happy to run one but the start may have to be delayed a bit due to me starting a new position and changing living quarters, etc. etc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd co-narrate, but I'm gonna have to drop out of YOW and WWIX if I do.
    Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-09-24 at 10:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Akaziel View Post
    I'd co-narrate, but I'm gonna have to drop out of YOW and WWIX if I do.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Akaziel, but you're already out of YOW2.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

I could "arrange" you're drop out from WWIX.

Note: This is not indicative of my role, just a joke.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Vampire: Renfeild's Masquerade game thread is up!
    Day one is scheduled to last for 72 hours instead of 48 just in case it's needed.
    Night ("day") One usually turns into an RP fest, so we decided to try this and see how it works.

Happy hunting....

14. - Top - End - #104

OldWizardGuy

Invasion of the Zombies has started, currently doing signups that will last 1 week.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

I have some real life issues right now so please may you strike me off all lists until I say that i feel like returning. Good luck wolves.
    Proud owner of a Disatar!
    Winner of PGS Round 14!
    My Ceikatars & Evatar!
    I'm back guys! Don't get too excited!

I have no life, only an existance.

16. - Top - End - #106

Alright everybody! I just posted the sign-up thread for Werewolf Classic V!

It's right here!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi all,

After my first structured game went off with relatively few outright disasters I started to think about my next project. I've really started to get into these WW style games, and I thought it would be good to run one, but I've had trouble thinking of a theme...

And then it came to me...

Call of Cthulhu!

What I'm starting to construct is a story game based on H P Lovecrafts "At the Mountains of Madness" story, based in the Artic at a research site. The roles would be divided between cultists, elder things and researchers, and the particular special rules would involve the harsh Artic climate and the research planes, which could be used to fly players to a different location, where they would be immune to attacks from cultists unless there was one among them! I also have the idea that the elder things would win by reviving a great Old one rather than the traditional victory method.

As you can tell this is all rather vague at the minute, but I wanted to get a little feedback on what people thought of the idea before I satart to put something solid together.

Would anybody have any interest in this, and would anybody suggest anything in particular to include?

Cheers

Banjo
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2007-09-26 at 05:36 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

18. - Top - End - #108
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I'm currently working on a WW project. It's not quite ready to see the light yet, though, (and I'm not quite ready for it either, since I'm in about 4 other games and I don't think I could take it.)

Still, when is the next empty week? I'd like to have a date to plan for.

19. - Top - End - #109

Can I be taken off the 'Co-Narrator's' List please?
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Still, when is the next empty week? I'd like to have a date to plan for.
    Well the next two weeks or so are completely booked up with WWC, Mafia, Zombies and LLama Llama Duck.
    I only actually have an actual start date for Zombies.
    The others haven't given an exact date that I know of.

But that's the next two weeks (at least) full right there.

I'm thinking that the earliest (and I mean the absolute earliest) that you'll be able to get a decent player base that won't be full of autolynches would be after October 10th or so.

Personally, I still think that there will be a large number of autos and/or games not recieving the attention that they deserve if we start two a week, but that's just me.

If you'd like less autolynches in your game, or you'd like players to actually devote time to post well IC, I'd suggest waiting longer.
    But that's just my opinion.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If you'd like less autolynches in your game, or you'd like players to actually devote time to post well IC, I'd suggest waiting longer.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I think I'll wait until October twenty-something. It also gives me more time to plan the game well. And to finish up the ones I'm already in.

EDIT: A question on the victory conditions of Masons. Do all the Masons have to survive in order to win? Or just a certain number?

If I manage to get these details sorted out, I'll start recruiting October 22. That week is free, right? The game's title is Alchemists.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2007-09-27 at 10:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    A question on the victory conditions of Masons. Do all the Masons have to survive in order to win? Or just a certain number?
    In a standard game, Masons use the same victory condition as villagers - ie kill the wolves. They just start with a little more knowledge than regular villagers.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    In a standard game, Masons use the same victory condition as villagers - ie kill the wolves. They just start with a little more knowledge than regular villagers.
    Oh, OK, I get it..... thanks!

24. - Top - End - #114

I've been working on a new werewolf variant, based on Blade Runner. Opinions/suggestions are highly appreciated.

The year is 2019. Technology has advanced to such a level that mankind is capable of producing robots that appear similar to humans. Starting with the Nexus-6 series, these androids are also capable of having – what appears to be – human emotions.
    Produced by the Tyrell corporation, these ‘replicants’ are often used for laborious tasks on off-world colonies. They are banned from planet earth under penalty of death. In order to find and dispose of any replicant coming to earth, a special police unit was formed: the Blade Runners.

Rumor has it that four replicants have escaped the clutches of their masters and have fled to earth, more specifically, to the city of Los Angeles. They seek vengeance against both the Tyrell corporation (who created them) and the Blade Runners (who have orders to shoot them on sight).
    Panic is spreading amongst the population, and general mistrust has become a necessity for survival. As the body count piles up, a lot of people feel they need to take matters into their own hands...

---

At the beginning of the game, every player will receive a random role (save for Leon, Pris and Zhora, who are chosen by the Alpha).
    Every player will also be classified as human, replicant (Nexus-6) or replicant (Nexus-5).

Nexus-6 replicants count as werewolves in this game.
    Nexus-5 replicants are older models whom are led to believe they are human. They use civilian win conditions (unless they’re blade runners), but are the only type of characters that can be recruited by Leon.

Nexus-6 Replicants
    Win condition: Kill all Blade Runners and everyone working for the Tyrell corporation. (recruiting replicant members of either of these factions works as well).

Roy Batty – Alpha/Devil. At the start of the game, Roy chooses three other players. These will be the other Nexus-6 replicants. Their exact roles (Leon, Pris, Zhora) will be randomized.
    Every night, Roy can secretly follow a character to find out their status (human or replicant) and their role (if any).

Leon – Recruiter. Every three nights, Leon can attempt to convince a person to join the replicant cause. This only works if the person targeted with this ability is a replicant.
    The replicant targeted has the option of refusal.
    If the person targeted is not a replicant, the attempt automatically fails but Leon will not be notified whether his target refused or whether his target is simply not a replicant. In any event, unless the target is a replicant and accepts to join the Nexus-6 replicants, they will not know who approached them with the offer.

Warning: Only a handful of humans are actually replicants. Leon must choose his targets carefully.
    Important: Since Leon is a fairly violent man, he will take someone down when killed by a lynching (the last person who voted for him).

Pris – Role-blocker. Every night, Pris can use her charms to prevent someone from taking any nightly activities.

Zhora – Illusionist. As an assassin, Zhora is skilled in covering tracks, tampering with Voight-Kampff records or simply finding flaws in the VK test. Every night, she can fool Sebastian or Deckard by making someone appear as something different.

Blade Runners
    Win condition: Eliminate all Nexus-6 replicants, and everyone recruited by them.

Rick Deckard – Vigilante. Every night, Deckard can use one of the following two abilities:
    - Voigt-Kampff empathy test:
    Every night, Deckard can find out whether someone is a replicant or not. Deckard can distinguish Nexus-5 models from Nexus-6 models. Due to his experience with replicants, Deckard can find out whether a Nexus-5 model has become aware of his status and is in league with the Nexus-6 replicants.

- Retire:
    Deckard can forego his VK ability to track down a suspected replicant and kill them. Deckard can use this ability up to five times in the game.
    Deckard may choose to retire Nexus-5 replicants at his own discretion, though he isn’t required to do so, unless they have been recruited by Leon.

Gaff - Night baner. Though he lacks the stamina of Deckard, Gaff has been retiring replicants for years. Every night, he can protect someone from being killed by the replicants. Gaff will not interfere with another blade runner, so he cannot protect someone from being retired.

Bryant – Police chief. Bryant can pull a few political strings to have his words weigh more in any lynching. Bryant’s vote counts as two.

Tyrell Corporation
    Win condition: Same as civilians (see below).

Tyrell – Emperor. Since Tyrell is a very powerful man, his vote counts as three.

J.F. Sebastian – Seer. Despite being a recluse, Sebastian has a vast knowledge of everyone who’s important in Los Angeles 2019. Since he works at Tyrell Corporation, he can also identify replicants, as well as their model. He will not know if a Nexus-5 model is working with the Nexus-6 replicants.

Chew – Fool. Chew will be told he is Sebastian, though his scry results are randomized (selected from a pool of all living roles). When he scries Sebastian, he will see the fool, and vice versa.

Rachael –Protegé. As long as Tyrell is still alive, Rachael cannot be lynched.
    Note: Rachael is the only civilian who is a confirmed replicant (model: Nexus-5). Unless she is recruited by Leon, she uses civilian win conditions.

Civilians
    Win condition: Survive until the end of the game.

Bounty Hunters (masons) – This group is a mixture of ex-blade runners and guns-for-hire. They have been tracking down the Nexus-6 replicants for quite some time.
    Although they have been stripped off their badges and weapons, they still intend to free Los Angeles of the Nexus-6 models and anyone who is in league with them.

Hardin Industries Hitman – Assassin/Feuder. Hired by Hardin Industries, a rival company of the Tyrell corporation, the hitman must eliminate Tyrell. He has strict orders to make it look like an accident (i.e. lynched by the mob, retired by Deckard, or killed by the replicants).

Important: You only win if you are alive at the end of the game and Tyrell is not.

Police officer – Day baner. Until the entire replicant conflict is resolved, the police officer is charged with breaking up mobs, thus granting people lynch immunity for the following day.

The following two items are distributed randomly.
    - Spinner: Whether legally acquired or not, you’re the proud owner of a spinner hovercar. Whenever you are attacked by replicants, you will survive. Whenever you are about to be lynched, you will survive (passive item, 1 use/person; 3 use max)
    - ESPER: By analyzing photos and other visual records, you can find out what someone was doing during the previous night. You will receive one of the following results: kill, protect, investigate (scry), other or nothing.
    If multiple results are possible (e.g. Roy, who both scries and kills at night), both will be displayed.
    Usable once every three nights. (active item, unlimited uses/person, will be destroyed by the time the second owner is killed)

If a person carrying an item is killed, the item will be distributed randomly amongst the remaining players.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #115

@^: I'd give you my opinion, but I'm not quite experienced enough. It looks interesting, though.

Is it common/necessary for there to be items involved in a WW game? How often do they have items?

@V: Thank goodness......... I didn't want to work on them.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2007-09-30 at 11:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's not common or necessary. I think it's something that emerged with Pirates 3, though I could be wrong. Those were one-use, though; I think these multiple use ones came into being with WWIX.

I'm not a huge fan of items, personally, but that's because I've never actually managed to be able to use them. Ever.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

27. - Top - End - #117

OldWizardGuy

My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

28. - Top - End - #118

Items originate from WWIV with the masons. IIRC, they were to save them from wolf attacks at the cost of turning them into a wolf of one of the packs.
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    Items originate from WWIV with the masons. IIRC, they were to save them from wolf attacks at the cost of turning them into a wolf of one of the packs.
    Oh.......... that sounds useful........ I gotta take that into account.

The one I'm working on, Alchemists, is actually, LOOSELY based on the FMA universe, which makes me wonder how many people are actually willing to play it, but I'm still looking forward to going through with it.

I'll try to post the rules as soon as I clean them up. I'm almost done with them. But just to be clear with the procedure:
    It IS fine to start recruiting on October 22, right? I've checked, posted and PM'd to make sure people are fine with it, but triple-checking never hurt anyone.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Please take a look at wolvesitp.com (linked in my sig) and submit your schedule there. At this point that timeframe looks fine, it will just help everyone keep track of who is planning on doing what when.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!