New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lets finish the Ultimate Tarrasque

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    The ELH goes into more details about how it can be applied, mentioning it increasing save DC, or Duration as well, it only would be overridden if you choose to boost to hit, though you could boost ability damage from Rotting Constriction, or threat range or multiplier for Augment Critical (you probably should find a way to get the tarrasque keen weapons, or give it improved critical [Light Mace] to increase its threat range more). For SLAs you could increase CL further.
    we could give him IC: greatsword and it wouldnt matter. once you have Aptitude weapon on a tattoo, you dont need to keep a coherent organization for your choice of weapon feats.

That, is a great spot, thank you for giving me a way to improve his incredible power
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    we could give him IC: greatsword and it wouldnt matter. once you have Aptitude weapon on a tattoo, you dont need to keep a coherent organization for your choice of weapon feats.

That, is a great spot, thank you for giving me a way to improve his incredible power
    Yeah, how about IC [Fullblade], just because we can, unless you can get a way to make the weapons Keen without a feat.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    Yeah, how about IC [Fullblade], just because we can, unless you can get a way to make the weapons Keen without a feat.
    Relying on homebrew beyond the tattoo is not something im going to consider. the Tattoo itself causes a huge problem with Vow of Poverty
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

Drow avatar @ myself

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Wouldn't the true test of the new Tarrasque to see how it stacks up against all the abuses that come from epic play?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ulm11 View Post
    Wouldn't the true test of the new Tarrasque to see how it stacks up against all the abuses that come from epic play?
    no, not really

here is the problem. 10th level spells, which all have to be researched, are typically done using Chaingate techniques. This lets them destroy anything in the game short of the Time Dragon, which has Intensified timestop at will

Drow avatar @ myself

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

no, not really

here is the problem. 10th level spells, which all have to be researched, are typically done using Chaingate techniques. This lets them destroy anything in the game short of the Time Dragon, which has Intensified timestop at will
    I prefer using FeanMerc's Epic Spell system
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

no, not really

Fair enough. Now time for the really difficult question. What on earth does this Tarrasque actually look like?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ulm11 View Post
    Fair enough. Now time for the really difficult question. What on earth does this Tarrasque actually look like?
    coloration: Dark Iron, his entire body is somewhat Transparent. color is completely lost on him
    Hide: Leaf-like granite Scales, a few vines come off his sides and underbelly
    Eyes: glowing blue-white spheres in black caverns
    Wings: Dragonic

"Before you stands a colossal dragon, Iron in color, somewhat transparent, and clearly of great and terrible might. what appear to be vines, or small tentacles hang sporadically from its sides and underbelly. Terror beyond possibility begins to fill you, as you begin to realize, it is the final hour."

Drow avatar @ myself

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

ok, i went and found Vorpal Tribble's CR calculator. He said this monster is CR 176, or 140 if you follow the pattern of hitdie values, not the limit. I have to say, damn

any other feat sugestions, i remembered to add power attack

Drow avatar @ myself

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

So I stumbled into this, and I like it. But what is it? What is this finishing? (where can I get one?)

Some research into what a Tarrasque has shown me it may be the most destructive monster in DnD. Starting at CR 20 before all these wonderful things have been thrown onto it, and existing with the purpose to make other things break. Sounds like a fun challenge.

Has anyone used this in their campaign? I think I found an end-game (read: game ending) monster if I ever want to cut a campaign short...