New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[Sitar's Strings - Clarecky]

Clarecky! Rad! Couples being recognized by portmanteau names is cool, but I never ever remember that portmanteau names exist unless someone else brings them up. >.<

Emily could break free of Lust's choke-hold on her mind anytime now! Lust doesn't have the willpower to spend keeping Emily in check so if she can awaken from her dreamlike state she should awaken from her dreamlike state.

Clarissa never intended to stick around long enough for security to stop by. She's trying to spur an investigation into Mister Starling's something and everything. Trying and failing. The key here would be to irritate Brian, but he's not human and is physically incapable of being provoked. No human could resist and tolerate everything he's resisted and tolerated. There must be a Vulcan somewhere in his family tree! And Lust doesn't have the willpower to deny herself temptation much longer. Therefore, Lust must withdraw hence Clarissa must withdraw.

Clarissa slyly mouths a line to Becky,

"Get the teenage boy's phone!"

This peaceful protest of Starling's practices didn't work. It didn't do anything to the benefit of the nonhumans!

But maybe this will...

Boom! Clarissa attempts to take a step toward Brian and swiftly knee him in an area that should hurt him very, very much. Clarissa doesn't like losing to human supremacists, but she can rejoice in the mini-victories she's racked up and her new silk top hat!

2. - Top - End - #602
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "What is your experience with genetics?" Starling asks.
    [Sitar's Strings]

"Officially? While I've studied it and kept up with the times, I never did much hands-on work in the field. Unofficially, I collaborated with two other people and we released several papers under a false identity. One of my colleagues had proposed a number of theories some years before that were ridiculed by the scientific community. In order to ensure our work was taken seriously, we had to use a false identity, and only after our work was acknowledged did we rub it in the faces of the arrogant fellows who had dismissed it all as nonsense." A slight smile comes to Roberts' face. Fond memories, it would seem.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings - Roberts

Starling permits himself a small smile as well. "And what about neurology and brain structure?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

[Sitar's Strings - Clarecky]

Becky winks at Clarissa, nods, and turns, sauntering her way over to Mr. No Doubt Still Drooling And Oogling Intensely.
    "Sorry for the mess, dear, but could I borrow your phone for a moment, please?" she purrs, letting a hand drift across his shoulder as she reaches for the device!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings - Clarecky

It could have been Berissa.

"S-sure, ma'am," the teenage boy says, and holds it out.

But since the Lust aura is gone, Emily comes to her senses. "Don't do it, Scott!"

That reminds Scott that his phone has some video footage on it that he'd really rather keep, and he changes his mind. "No, wait. I need my phone!"

Becky can still try to grab it from him forcibly if she chooses.

Meanwhile, Starling is still on the line with Remnant. One can imagine they'll be arriving in a post or two.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #606
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sitar's Strings - Berissa]

I signed up for an engineering camp a year or two ago. Two of the councilors there were dating, and we ended up nicknaming them Bearon.

Oh gosh!

Starling isn't human! I repeat! Starling isn't human! He's...something else entirely! He sympathizes with humans but...if kneeing him has no effect. If he is immune to the kneeing...

Retreat anyway! His staff members are certifiable! Retreat! Retreat! Run away!

Berissa could do with a distraction or mass pandemonium while they warp out to cover their expeditious exit! Clarissa visually sweeps the ceiling for any fire alarms or, if karma loathes Brian, a sprinkler system! If one is present in the building, she'll attempt to trigger it with a stream of blue flame and a piece of wooden furniture or a flammable decoration (if one is to be had). Setting off any sprinklers might also help wash away any physical link between Clarissa and Becky and the crime scene! Maybe...

Hurry, Berissa! You girls have gotta jet before the Starling-monster noms your individuality and chaotic alignment!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-30 at 05:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

Oh crap. I knew I was forgetting something!

Starling gets kneed and goes down, losing his grip on Emily and groaning.

Emily steps protectively in front of her boss, in a stance that suggests she's had martial arts training. "Get lost, you **** ****s!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Becky, meanwhile, is giving Scott her best sultry pout!
    "Are you sure? I'll give it right back, I promise, Scotty dear," she purrs, oblivious to the goings-on behind them as she bats her eyelashes...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings - Clarecky

It's a restaurant with gas stoves and such, so fire alarms and sprinklers are a must. The alarms blare and the sprinklers go off. Brian continues to groan. Emily continues to stand guard. And Scott decides to panic and run for the back, with his phone.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #610

Starling permits himself a small smile as well. "And what about neurology and brain structure?"
    Roberts delays his reply for a moment as he takes a sip of his drink, his smile widening. "I am not one to boast, most of the time. I know I have helped push the boundaries of scientific knowledge forwards in some areas, but so have most scientists. It's what we're meant to do after all. But when it comes to brains...back where I come from, there were perhaps half a dozen people who could claim to know as much as I do."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Pixie in the Playground

"Wow, Mister Starling, it looks to me like you're..."

Clarissa dons her pair of black sunglasses!

"All washed up."

Yeeeaaaah!!! ((I just had to do it!))

Oh no! Scotty is making a break for it. Wait! Scotty! Beam Clarissa up too! But Becky and sprinklers and...Becky and...Becky...Becky. Must has Becky now! No! Must...resist...urge...to...

No! Must do things first. Like chase! Chase the boy! Chase the boy, swipe his phone, bolt out the back door, teleport home with Becky, and then kiss Becky! Chase the boy, swipe his phone, and kiss Becky. Forget the boy! Forget the phone! Pursue Becky!

Yep! Clarissa's main objective has switched from tormenting Brian to stealing Scott's phone to something that involves Lust and Becky. There's a delay of forty seconds or so while she motionlessly stands in her place before she decides to try to catch up to Becky.

Now it's all up to Becky to ruin Starling's day!

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

"Then he could hire the monks and trainers to be his bodyguards! Calvin, you don't owe your uncle lifetime servitude!" Charity says, sounding irritated.
    Calvin frowns a bit looking chastised. He sits forward on the edge of the couch looking down at his feet as he speaks.

"I love him Charity. I won't abandon him. Besides his enemies probably won't leave me be either. They already used me once to try and get to him."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

And the fire alarms go off!
    And the fire sprinklers go off!
    And, thus, is everyone present soaked!

It's likely a good thing that Becky's outfit wasn't white. Although no doubt Clarissa may not agree with that assessment!

As it is, though, she does start to pursue Scott, before slipping on the suddenly wet floor and going down on her front!

Ouch!

Granted, this does provide a fine view of her rear for Clarissa (and anyone else present) to admire as she pauses to catch her wits...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #614
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Kribulkin Street

Yeah. I'm not doing time in the pokey again. Not after last time.

Her outfit rotates to a black and white stripped old timey prison getup.

Besides, locking me in the burning building won't do much anyways. I mean, it'll only kill me. And I think we all no how pointless that tends to be.

The answer is 'very'. Very very pointless.

See? Even she agrees with me. And she never agrees with me.

They can't hear me. I'm the narrative voi... forget it.
    Kribulkin Street

"I don't think it's pointless. We aren't here to celebrate a party or such this is a sign against people like you. Leave us a place without your being around. So decide in fire or somewhere far away. Be glad to have the choice since you pay him."

He points at the guy who is going to burn the building to make sure she knows who he means. The gun is now unlocked, still not aimed at anyone.

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

The doors of this building are wide open again. The robot patrolling the place have lined up so everyone going in is lead to the main building, which is similar to a normal church. The only difference is that the building is made of iron and other metal instead of stone.

A dozen people stand at the front gate to welcome every visitor of the mass.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-10-31 at 03:12 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Brand, Lily, and Tito arrive at Laneside bowling, the two children pulling a little handcart full of cleaning supplies.

"Justin! We got to ride on the Riftline! I love riding on the Riftline! It's so super fast that it's like flying!" Lily announces happily, as soon as she sees him.

Even the normally quiet Tito seems in high spirits. "Whooosh!" he says. "Just like that! It looked like we were standing still and the rest of the world whooshing by!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Roberts delays his reply for a moment as he takes a sip of his drink, his smile widening. "I am not one to boast, most of the time. I know I have helped push the boundaries of scientific knowledge forwards in some areas, but so have most scientists. It's what we're meant to do after all. But when it comes to brains...back where I come from, there were perhaps half a dozen people who could claim to know as much as I do."
    "Excellent!" Starling says, and you can almost imagine his fingers steepling together in the Mr Burns pose. "What I would like to see published is comparative studies between the races to show empirical proof of human superiority - but it must be impeccably researched. None must be able to accuse us of fraud. I have lab space here in the city, and I have people who are able to gain... unwanted corpses. Is this something you can work with?"

Sitar's Strings - Clareckyberissa

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"Wow, Mister Starling, it looks to me like you're..."

Clarissa dons her pair of black sunglasses!

"All washed up."

Yeeeaaaah!!! ((I just had to do it!))

Oh no! Scotty is making a break for it. Wait! Scotty! Beam Clarissa up too! But Becky and sprinklers and...Becky and...Becky...Becky. Must has Becky now! No! Must...resist...urge...to...

No! Must do things first. Like chase! Chase the boy! Chase the boy, swipe his phone, bolt out the back door, teleport home with Becky, and then kiss Becky! Chase the boy, swipe his phone, and kiss Becky. Forget the boy! Forget the phone! Pursue Becky!

Yep! Clarissa's main objective has switched from tormenting Brian to stealing Scott's phone to something that involves Lust and Becky. There's a delay of forty seconds or so while she motionlessly stands in her place before she decides to try to catch up to Becky.

Now it's all up to Becky to ruin Starling's day!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

And the fire alarms go off!
    And the fire sprinklers go off!
    And, thus, is everyone present soaked!

It's likely a good thing that Becky's outfit wasn't white. Although no doubt Clarissa may not agree with that assessment!

As it is, though, she does start to pursue Scott, before slipping on the suddenly wet floor and going down on her front!

Ouch!

Granted, this does provide a fine view of her rear for Clarissa (and anyone else present) to admire as she pauses to catch her wits...

Neither Emily nor Starling are interested in Becky's rear, and Scott is long gone. Actually, that's not entirely true. Emily would love to go and kick Becky's rear, but that would mean no one was protecting Mr Starling. Besides being her employer, her mother's friend, and the leader of the humanist movement, he's now the Mr Starling who just saved her from being kidnapped and raped by a disgusting succubus. So Emily isn't going to leave him to Clarissa's mercies.

She takes the phone from Starling's hand and speaks into it. "Remnant? Are you still on the line? Can you hurry? They've attacked Mr Starling and started a fire."

Hanks Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Calvin frowns a bit looking chastised. He sits forward on the edge of the couch looking down at his feet as he speaks.

"I love him Charity. I won't abandon him. Besides his enemies probably won't leave me be either. They already used me once to try and get to him."
    Charity sighs heavily. "Fine, Calvin. If you want to let your uncle run your life forever, I can't stop you. Does this place sell coffee? I need some coffee."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #616
    Barbarian in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Brand, Lily, and Tito arrive at Laneside bowling, the two children pulling a little handcart full of cleaning supplies.

"Justin! We got to ride on the Riftline! I love riding on the Riftline! It's so super fast that it's like flying!" Lily announces happily, as soon as she sees him.

Even the normally quiet Tito seems in high spirits. "Whooosh!" he says. "Just like that! It looked like we were standing still and the rest of the world whooshing by!"
    Laneside Bowling

Opening the door Justin is more than happy to be greeted by the Halfling children. "Hey guys. Yeah, I thought the Riftline was incredible the first time I had to use it." Not to the extent these two love it. Kids love trains. It's a fact of life. "But come on in. I just replaced some of the lights."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

The kids abandon the handcart and race inside. Then stop and stare around at the glories of the bowling alley.

Kids love giant indoor spaces as well.

"You have the best... house... EVER!" Tito finally says.

Brand comes in a moment later, bringing the supplies. "You weren't kidding when you said it was big."

Lily, for once in her life, is speechless.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #618

Laneside Bowling

She's had a joy attack!

"I have a good eye for real estate, what else can I say?" he tells Brand. "Wonder how these two would react if the machines were running. Or if there were actual arcade machines." He should buy a skeeball machine. Way more accessible for his halfling friends than straight up bowling. "Lemme help with those," He says while trying to pick up a few supplies.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

The cart has halfling sized mops and brooms, loads of cleaning rags, buckets and general purpose cleaning solution, and so on. Nothing too high tech, but plenty of supplies to get the job done.

"Where do you want to start?"
    Brand asks.

Meanwhile, Lily slips off her shoes and takes a run at one of the lanes before making a sudden stop so that she continues to slide along in sock feet. This stirs up a load of dust, but she doesn't seem to mind.

Tito runs over to a rack of bowling balls and goes to pick one up, fully expecting them to be as lightweight as the balls to which he is accustomed. Needless to say, the ball doesn't budge. He tries harder and manages to pick it up, but soon drops it with a THUD!

Luckily no toes were in the way!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #620

[Sitar's Strings - Roberts]

Roberts rubs his chin thoughtfully for a moment, considering the proposal.

An interesting one, to be sure, but he looks a little uncertain.

"It's something I can work with, for sure. I do have a couple of concerns though. The first is a minor one, but worth mentioning. Namely that regardless of how legitimate the research is, and you can be sure I would ensure my work is done as thoroughly as possible, there will be accusations of fraud. While anything strictly above the law would prove fruitless, some people might go beyond that. I highly doubt they'd succeed, but it is something that could delay things quite substantially. My second concern is more serious, and one that may raise more problems with any published results. Superiority is a rather vague term. Whatever standards we use to determine superiority could be challenged quite easily. It could cause an almost endless debate, require constant repeat tests with different standards. Other people might try to do the same thing to prove us wrong."

Roberts shakes his head, "What I'm saying in a nutshell, Mr Starling, is that this is something that could take decades. Claims that the results are a fraud will at most delay things, but serious scientific opposition could drag it out for a long time. If you want the results to be accepted quickly, you're going to have to find a way to silence anyone capable of doing that."

21. - Top - End - #621

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kribulkin Street

Wait, so either I get burned alive, or I have to run away like a scaredy cat? That's not very fair. Hold, on. I need to think this one over for a moment.

She ponders it hard.

Run away.... or burned alive.... Burned alive.... or run away....

She hold her hands out, mimicking weighing the two options.

Um....

Latalla, I don't see how this is that hard of a -

Hold on! Give me a minute, okay? Hrm..... Hrrrrrmmmmmmm..... Burned alive would hurt a lot. And kill me. But running away is just pathetic.... Gosh....

Latalla....

But if I ran away, I could light myself on fire later...

Latalla.

But is the point to burn alive, or just not be a chicken?

LATALLA!

GOSH! FINE. I don't know! I mean, both are valid options, bu I kinda want more to choose from. Like, can one of you two get bricked in the building with me? That seems a lot more fair. Or, one of you runs away, one of you gets bricked in, and I light the building on fire. That sounds good too, right? Or how about....

>.< Just.... just hit her over the head or something...

Dinner and a Pony

Kenas seems to be thinking this over hard.

Can anyone learn magic? Or do you need a horn?

Kanes bursts into a fit of giggles at the thought of her brother with a horn.
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2012-10-31 at 05:08 PM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

A Shabby Attic

Are these people blind to my efforts to warn them against their Fate? Could they really be so ignorant about the deaths of one of their number that they simply don't notice when one is pinned to an alleyway wall? I find nothing in the News about it. Perhaps it was just suppressed? The Magician deserved his cruel Fate, and while I do not take any pleasure in it, my hand was guided by the threads to do what was necessary. Perhaps the Priestess will show more to the masses of...of...cattle that live in this city. I can feel my own String coming nearer and nearer, but with some hope, I might be able to avoid my demise.

I must get this message out. The Priestess will have to be found publicly.

A pale and shaky hand places the quill back into the inkwell before it closes the journal once more, marking it's place with a single Tarot Card, The Fool.

23. - Top - End - #623

[Dinner and a Pony]

"Haha! If you wanted to use unicorn magic you would need a horn," Sigil laughs before pausing to eat some more tasteh veggies. "But over the course of my research I've discovered that unicorn magic is actually quite similar to using psionics with a dorj as a focus."

A pause.

"Uuhh... A dorj is a special rod made of crystal that helps to focus your mind. And I believe that anyone can learn to use some form of magic. Even if it's one of the more mundane kinds."

He gives a rather wide smile. "See, that is my discovery. The idea I've been working on. Any time you Will the world around you to change and it does? That's magic. It's just that many kinds of magic are so common place that people don't think of it as magic. To most magic is only the extra-ordinary or the flashy. But stomping on a see-saw to launch a ball into the air is just as magical as using a wizard's staff to blast it up with a gust of wind."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #624

Laneside Bowling

The cart has halfling sized mops and brooms, loads of cleaning rags, buckets and general purpose cleaning solution, and so on. Nothing too high tech, but plenty of supplies to get the job done.

"Where do you want to start?"
    Brand asks.

Meanwhile, Lily slips off her shoes and takes a run at one of the lanes before making a sudden stop so that she continues to slide along in sock feet. This stirs up a load of dust, but she doesn't seem to mind.

Tito runs over to a rack of bowling balls and goes to pick one up, fully expecting them to be as lightweight as the balls to which he is accustomed. Needless to say, the ball doesn't budge. He tries harder and manages to pick it up, but soon drops it with a THUD!

Luckily no toes were in the way!
    Lanside Bowling

Justin shrugs. "I don't really know. I figured we would each just clean something then move on to another thing when we were done. I know I'll have to vacuum for the carpets. Other than that, it's all just wiping and dusting and mopping. Especially the bathrooms, but we can save that for-" THUD!

Justin dashes straight to Tito. He isn't yelling in pain so he's probably fine. Justin hefts the ball back to it's place. "Careful with the balls Tito. You probably guessed, but they're really heavy. I've got lighter ones you can try later," he says. "And Lily. That's not particularly dangerous, but you're going to ruin your socks that way." It would also be a foul in bowling.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

Kribulkin Street

Well, way back Ekkehard tried to gently grip the sides of Latella's head, but I didn't get a reply.

Instead, Ekkehard rolls his eyes and tries to punch Latella between hers. He's far stronger than he looks. When he was turned from glabrezu into human only his shape changed; his strength did not.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #626
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sitar's Strings - Clareckyberissa]

Oh no! Scott's getting away!

Clarissa would menacingly hover over Mister Starling and growl "This isn't over!" at him if Becky weren't tempting her so. But with Becky's trip ending as it did...

A minority of Clarissa, Wrath and Gluttony, craves the termination of Emily using the telephone cord for the purposes of irony! The other five have reached a consensus that they thirst for Scott's phone and Becky. Lust and Pride are the most outspoken sins in this debate. Lust demands Becky at once to surfeit her appetite while Pride calls for the phone so that Clarissa's reputation as top predator should remain intact. They soon compromise and chaos ensues.

Lust recklessly attempts to bounce across the restaurant, pounce on Becky, and make-out with her! She's trying to channel a month's worth of her brand of magic into Becky as she naturally would. Meanwhile, Pride attempts to blink (warp space culminating in a series of quick teleportation over a short distance) Lust and Becky into the back of the Sitar's Strings!

This probably won't close the gap between the girls and Scott, but at least Pride gave it a go!

27. - Top - End - #627

Kribulkin Street

Zefir sights. He waits for Ekkehard's action to happen. If that doesn't tell her wat to do Zefir will point the weapon at her.

"Nothing you say sounds 'good'"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #628

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal chuckles. Yeah, sometimes they do get shoved to the side.

She shrugs a little. Not a whole let else to say. I currently live and work at GLoG. The Good League of Good. I do office stuff in the infirmary. I sometimes spend some time around here, keeping an eye out for people I can help. Kind of like a superhero, I guess. Used to be a whole bunch of those back home.
    Inside!
    "That's cool!"
    She's completely sincere!
    "What's the coolest superhero thing you've done?" *0*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #629

Inside

Krystal smiles, clearly enjoying the praise.

Well, so far, I haven't really done anything huge. Don't get me wrong, I've helped people out, and I know that means a lot to them. But, compared to some of the heroes back home, I'm kinda low on the scale.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Market Street

Yes, those would seem better suited for my purposes. Any kind of magical healing can be a godsend, but the heat of battle rarely allows you to sit down and take a moment for your wounds to heal. Replacing his first picks the Wizard takes the suggested potions instead, swirling them around in the bottle to watch them react with idle curiosity. And I suppose you're right. I had just that alchemy here would be at least close to the form I had learned. Apparently not.

I would be glad for further work, yes. Especially as the 'fortune' he had been paid for his last job was beginning to seem much less than he'd initially thought. I someday intend to open an office, sell spells and charms to the commoners, but until then mercenary work seems a good way to support myself. Better than lowering himself to plebeian toil at least. Learning magic was meant to be a way to avoid such drudgery.
    ((Pardon the delay))

The swirling solutions would seem thinner than the potions they had been exchanged for. Also a bit darker but that was all that could be told at the moment. "Well, it seems similar enough to me. Maybe the way I do things just draws the necessary elements from a different source or something? Just because things don't appear to work with the same set of rules doesn't automatically mean that they're irreconcilible." the catamander said with a slight impish grin due to her precocious verbage.

That grin shifted to something that was somehow both more and less devilish once the wizard showed interest in a second job as well. "Awesome! Well then, how does tomorrow at the east gate sound? Nine-ish a good time to start for you?"