New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1442
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 14: Now a Family Business.

Adir gets a hold on the bag's strap, but Sakura doesn't let go just yet. "You don't have to, you know." She says, smiling gently. Adir's eagerness to do so much isn't lost on her. "You're already carrying everything else."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-07 at 05:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Halfling in the Playground

"I know, I know," Adir says with an embarrassed little smile. "It's my job."

He gives another little tug on the bag. It seems he won't take no for an answer.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-07 at 10:21 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura holds onto it stubbornly, but smiles a little. "But how are we supposed to have a romantic stroll through the woods if we can't hold hands because yours are full?" She questions and her smile grows.

4. - Top - End - #1414

Adir opens his mouth to speak, but he can't really argue with that. "Aaaand that's why you're the smart one," He says with a grin. The stag will instead snatch up her free hand, and presumably proceed to take her on that romantic stroll.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-07 at 11:06 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura giggles and leans over to kiss his arm. Off they go to the Grove!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Gnoll home

"My war with the demons is a matter of honour," Darcy says. "To accept reward for that would be wrong. I only want to make sure that Silverpawn is well."
    Gnoll home

"Ho-nor?" The gnoll asks in a confused tone but then just shakes it's head. "You see sister if you want. She in bed, getting better." It turns towards the hut, ready to move if she would feel ready.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Gnoll Home

Darcy follows the gnoll into the hut.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1418

Front Door

Hark! A knock! Should anyone be in the courtyard, they will spot the bandanna'd Cornelia standing outside, waiting impatiently for someone to answer. She rattles fingers against the gun at her hip restlessly. Perhaps she's caught them on an off-day.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Courtyard]

"We start with me asking how good you are at visualizing your emotions and mind. The better you are at the visualization aspect, the faster this will go." He takes a seat on the ground, his tail wrapping around in front of his crossed legs, "I you to take a seat, close your eyes, and just breathe for a moment."
    Wenomir nods, sits down and does as told. He suspects he already knows something like this, but he's still curious.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Pat takes a seat across from Harnel and folders her legs under herself. The shape of her body made it difficult to do so, but she wasn't going to complain when she had two Masters willing to teach her. Taking in a deep breath, she closes her eyes and allows her body to relax.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Imagine a single flame, at the center of your mind. It is bright and powerful. All other thoughts and emotions go into this flame until it is the only thing left in your mind. This is your focus." Harnel says, closing his eyes, "Nothing else should be left."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

An expression of calm and concentration appears on Wenomir's face. Like he expected, he's familiar with such techniques, the goal of which is to clear one's mind of distractions. The imagery of the flame is new, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Pat attempts to do what Harnel suggests, and while she can imagine the flame, she can't get rid of everything else. The only way she could do so is to lock off the rest of her Hive, and that would render it defenseless as there'd be nothing to control it. She couldn't risk that, not after the last attack against her.

"I apologize, but I do not believe I can learn this."
    She tells him. "I am a Hive mind. There's simply no shutting down for me."

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

Grantz approaches the woman knocking on the door.

"Excuse me Madam but can you tell me where I am, my wandering seems to have led me into another strange place."

Hopefully this woman wasn't as mistrusting as Eadin and Lynette was.

((Again Grantz is Serph in my sig.))
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

15. - Top - End - #1425

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Front Door

Hark! A knock! Should anyone be in the courtyard, they will spot the bandanna'd Cornelia standing outside, waiting impatiently for someone to answer. She rattles fingers against the gun at her hip restlessly. Perhaps she's caught them on an off-day.
    Front Door

And the door will be opened from Inside. A young woman in a priestress dress stands there holding a stuff with 3 gears grap into each other and turning around endless. The woman seems t be a teenager. Behind her stands a big robot holding open the door.

"Hello and welcome to Watchtower."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1426

Front Door

Cornelia turns to Grantz, studying him with her good eye. She doesn't seem distrusting, merely a little wary of this new face. However, Grantz is rather polite. She speaks, the bandanna on her face moving ever so slightly, "Aye. This 's Watchtower."

Mid-speech, Mia appears, greeting the both of them. She glances toward Grantz. "Well, there you go." Her attention returns to Mia. "Hullo. M' here 'bout some work?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Watchtower? I've not heard of this place before."

Turning to the woman in the priestess dress, Grantz recognizes the face.

Madam if I'm not mistaken you were the one at Trog's Tavern with Winston and the machine. A coincidence to meet again though we never spoke. May I look inside this place called the watchtower?
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-13 at 11:08 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #1428

Front Door

((Location tags are usefull you know SerphIvanXin123))

First Mia's attention goes to Cornelia. Looking a bit strnage at her accent, but shee won't mind that.

"We are recently go to change our business range and I think new members are needed. Please fill out the form and we go on."

Don't know if you know it, but recuitment has changed in Watch as you can see in the first post. MDM will pront out the form and Mia hands it over with a pen.

Then she turns to Grantz. Confused what he means with 'that machine' he turns to MDM and shrugs.

"I can't remember that there was that machine or so and I also don't remember you back there. Either way this place isn't a museum. I can't allow people to come inside and make a tour. If there is anything I could help you, I will do my best."

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds]

An expression of calm and concentration appears on Wenomir's face. Like he expected, he's familiar with such techniques, the goal of which is to clear one's mind of distractions. The imagery of the flame is new, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Training Grounds

Pat attempts to do what Harnel suggests, and while she can imagine the flame, she can't get rid of everything else. The only way she could do so is to lock off the rest of her Hive, and that would render it defenseless as there'd be nothing to control it. She couldn't risk that, not after the last attack against her.

"I apologize, but I do not believe I can learn this."
    She tells him. "I am a Hive mind. There's simply no shutting down for me."
    [Training Grounds]

Harnel opens his eyes and frowns, "I don't know if I'd call this shutting down. More like clearing - the direction this exercise is supposed to take is to clear your mind so you can focus on what you're doing and consider the different ways it could change. The Diamond Mind is clarity of purpose and the ability to focus - a flame is just what I use to represent clearing my head."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Well damn. And here I hoped he'd start channeling saidin. That would have been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Messiah View Post
    "Well I was merely expecting a nursing job but if a doctor is needed then I doctor I can be." Claude says in excitement at the better position being made available to him, "I geuss the stories about halfling luck rto be true." Claude takes a breath and then continues, "I can start as soon as you wish me to." He keeps his eyes trained on KR and tries to keep his excitment at a professional level.
    "Well, I still don't know if you're qualified or not. I suppose we'll have to see the current doctor about that, as I'm not a very good judge at these things."
    KR knows a lot about how to take bodies apart! Less about putting them back together. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    "Well, I still don't know if you're qualified or not. I suppose we'll have to see the current doctor about that, as I'm not a very good judge at these things."
    KR knows a lot about how to take bodies apart! Less about putting them back together. >.>
    [Main Room]

"Very true, Miss KR, you have no knowledge of my skills." Claude says with a small smile due to the mere chance of being able to work. "If the doctor is around then you can merely show me to his office." Claude says with a small little nod, "you can also probably leave me there to speak to him or her, you seem to not have a great fondness for doctors."
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

"With respect sir, but imagine looking through countless eyes and hearing through as many ears while doing thousands of tasks at once. I am all focus and have none at the same time. I know precisely what each part of me is doing, but I'll never be able to clear my "head" so to speak."
    Pat explains.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Front Door

First Mia's attention goes to Cornelia. Looking a bit strnage at her accent, but shee won't mind that.

"We are recently go to change our business range and I think new members are needed. Please fill out the form and we go on."

Don't know if you know it, but recuitment has changed in Watch as you can see in the first post. MDM will pront out the form and Mia hands it over with a pen.

Then she turns to Grantz. Confused what he means with 'that machine' he turns to MDM and shrugs.

"I can't remember that there was that machine or so and I also don't remember you back there. Either way this place isn't a museum. I can't allow people to come inside and make a tour. If there is anything I could help you, I will do my best."
    "Well truth be told, I am in need of armor. My armor is not exactly up to date with the dangers of the Nexus. If you have an armorer or a smith in this watchtower of yours, I'd be grateful if you can take me to him."

Grantz hoped he could get some armor here.

((Sorry sometimes I forget to add location tags))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #1434

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Front Door

"I hate writin' forms. Whassit for?" Cornelia asks, though of course I know. She won't sign anything without knowing what it's for. A superstition of hers, actually. "What're ye gonna do with it? An' I don't write Common best, so..."

Nelia gets a bit more curious at Grantz when he mentions smithing. Armor's not really her specialty, but that could prove to be some work.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-13 at 11:50 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1435

Front Door

Cornelia first get's a respond from Mia.

"The Form includes your data, Abilities and some information about your person. we need this to see if your fit for the tasks falling to Watchtower members. We will use it to find tasks best fitting for you. and MDM here could write things up for you as well."

She points at the robot behind her which you can see a picture in the char directory of Mia. The robot offers one of his big hands to take the form back and write on it.

Then she went to Grantz, now a bit annoyed.

"We aren't a shopping center either.I would suggests you to head for Mallside, the local shopping center."

Well there is one blacksmith who was in Watch, not sure if he still is, but after all this is no shopping center to order things.^^

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's the third time, I've been told to go to Mallside. I prefer to venture for armor not some second rate mass produced armor. Are you sure you don't have ANYONE in there that can help? You did say you'd help me."

Surely there was something here?

((Come on, I just got here. Please don't kick me out.))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #1437

Front Door

Cornelia scowls at the robot. She's not the most trusting toward machinery, in particular machinery that walks. "I'll write it." She grumbles, taking the form from Mia.

Then that fellow can't help but ask about armor again. Cornelia turns, pursing her lips through the bandanna. "Look, friend, how about I forge somethin for ye?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #1438

Front Door

"If it's the third time Mr I don't see why your still here. Mallside also has some stores who can create armor. And didn't I help you as far as I can? I don't create armor for foreigners "

Such things happen SerphIvanXin123. I just play a char and use the organisation made by someone else.

The Form is head over to Cornelia. Waiting for it to get back.
    ((Which brings up what task she would need to become an Initial))

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grantz turns to the Madam from earlier.

"You can do that for me? I've got a couple of materials and money. Where can I find your forge?"

Grantz can't help but smile, at the stranger willing to smith for him.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #1440

Front Door

"If ye quitcher bawlin, I'll show you. Jus' lemme sign up 'ere, arright?" Cornelia says, her brow cocked at Grantz, right before she starts scrawling on her membership form. It takes her a little bit, and everyone might be tired of waiting by the time she's finished. A little embarrassed, she hands it back.

Name: Cornelia Walsh
    Sex: What?
    Species: Human
    Profession: Gunsmith
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: Adventurin?
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: Gunsmithin
    Shootn
    Magic?
    Other Information:

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters