New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

oh great elven gods why are we at 3 threads MAKE IT STOP

I draw pictures:

(haven't been updated in a while and you can read the comic here)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps I should transfer my favorite opera (Die Walküre) to the OotS universe.

Sigmund:
    Sieglinde: Julia Greenhilt
    Hagen:
    Wotan:
    Brünnhilde:
    Fricka:
    Other valkyries: paladins of the Sapphire Guard

NB: In this story, Miko falls because she moves from LG to NG, not from LG to LN.

Act I
    Spoiler
    Show
    A fierce storm is raging. Roy, pursued by enemies, seeks refuge in a house built around the trunk of a mighty ash-tree. This is the home of Julia, who is married to the brutal Redcloak. Julia does not realise that the wounded and exhausted stranger is her brother. While she is caring for him an unmistakably sexual tension develops between the two. Redcloak returns and, in spite of his distrust of the stranger, offers him hospitality. Roygives his name as Wehwalt (Weh=sorrow), son of Wolfe, and after some hesitation tells his story.

He had grown up in the forest with his parents and his twin sister. Returning home one day he found that marauders had burnt down their hut, killed his mother and abducted his sister. Some years later he had become separated from his father, who also disappeared, leaving him alone in the world. Roy has tried to mix with other men but has always been rejected as an outsider. He is now fleeing from a clan whom he had found trying to marry a girl off to a man she did not love; Roy has killed her brothers and lost his weapons in the flight from her relations. Redcloak now reveals that he himself is a kinsman of this clan. Roy will be protected by the laws of hospitality for the night, but in the morning Redcloak will fight him to avenge his murdered kinsmen. Left alone, Roy cries out for help to his father Wälse, who had promised that in the hour of his greatest need he would find a sword.

Julia returns, having drugged Redcloak with a sleeping draught. She recounts how, when her abductors were marrying her off to Redcloak, a mysterious stranger had appeared and plunged a sword into the trunk of the ash-tree. No one has yet been able to draw it out, but she now believes that Roy is her saviour and that the sword will be his. As the door of the house flies open to reveal the forest transfigured by the arrival of spring, the love which has grown up between the two breaks out uncontrollably. Roy reveals that he is the son of Wälse and draws forth the sword, which he names "Nothung" (Not=need, necessity). Julia discloses that she is his own twin sister. Overcome, the two fall into a passionate embrace.

Act II
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is the following morning. Roy and Julia have fled from Redcloak into the mountains. Durkon orders his cohort, the paladin Miko, to prepare for battle in order to help Roy kill Redcloak in their coming fight. Vaarsuvius, Durkon's consort, now approaches. As the guardian of marriage, she demands the death of Roy, who is guilty of both adultery and incest. When Durkon refuses to abandon his "free hero", Vaarsuvius lays bare his self-deception: Roy is in no sense independent since his fate has been pre-ordained by Durkon, who has even indirectly led him to find the magic sword.

Durkon, as guardian of oaths, is compelled to punish Roy and must now promise to leave him to his fate without any protection. He must also forbid Miko to aid him in his fight against Redcloak. When Vaarsuvius has left, Durkon openly expresses his despair, and in the course of a long monologue explains to Miko the story of the Crown and the curse attached to it. When Miko shows her reluctance to abandon Roy, Durkon threatens her with his terrible anger; he orders her to obey, and storms off. Miko sadly withdraws. Roy and Julia now arrive; Julia, half-crazed with fear, sinks into an exhausted sleep. Miko appears before Roy to announce his forthcoming death and his reception among the heroes of Valhalla.

Roy, however, refuses to follow her into Valhalla if Julia cannot accompany him. Miko is deeply moved that a man can value love higher than the everlasting bliss of Valhalla. She is overcome with compassion as Roy, in a fit of despair, prepares to kill his sleeping sister after learning that she bears his child. Miko prevents him and promises to support him despite Durkon's command. But in the fight Durkon himself unexpectedly intervenes. His spear shatters the magic sword, Roy is killed by Redcloak, and Miko, gathering up the pieces of the sword, hastily leads Julia away to safety. Redcloak falls dead at a contemptuous gesture from Durkon, who then hurries after Miko to punish her disobedience.

Act III
    Spoiler
    Show
    The paladins are gathering together on a rocky mountain top where they are preparing to take the bodies of fallen heroes to Valhalla on their flying horses. Miko arrives with Julia, seeking their help but the paladins refuse to defy Durkon. Miko prophesies that Julia will give birth to "the noblest hero in the world", Elan. She gives her the fragments of the sword and advises her to take refuge in the forest to the east where a black dragon guards her treasure and where Durkon will not follow her.

Miko then comes forward to confront her father who, in a furious rage, pronounces her punishment: banished from Valhalla, stripped of her paladinhood, she will lie asleep on this rock and will belong to the man who finds her and awakens her. Horrified, the other eight paladin scatter. Miko tries to justify her disobedience. She had intended to carry out Durkon's real wishes, which Vaarsuvius had forced him to renounce against his will. She describes how she had been so moved by wonder and pity at Roy's predicament and by his love for Julia that she could not refuse him her help. Durkon's anger is calmed, and he grants Miko's pitiful prayer to be awoken only by a hero: with a kiss on her eyes he plunges her into a profound sleep and then summons the fire god Loge to the rock to surround the sleeping mortal, a paladin no more, with a ring of magic fire which can only be penetrated by a hero "freer than the god" who does not fear Durkon's hammer.

Edit: Here's the Ride of the Sapphire Guard.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2009-10-29 at 10:14 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyan View Post
    oh great elven gods why are we at 3 threads MAKE IT STOP
    Make it stop?

Never! Do you hear me?! Never, Never!

NEVER!!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

@Silverraptor - Really needed the laugh. Thank you.

@Water-Smurf - Awww, poor V almost going insane. Illusions are pain. Luckily Redcloak arrived just in time to slap snap V out of it.

Third thread, folks, can you dig it? Hugs and squick all around!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    That's how it starts, though. That little sense that they work out together. Then you realize that you know more about why than you thought. Just try to think about why you think V and Miko would fall in love, then play with it.
    I try but nothing comes. :(

Thoughts?
    This is looking more and more like the House of Horrors.
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post

This is looking more and more like the House of Horrors.
    If you peered closely enough (not recommended), the HoH looked a lot like a thread for crack pairings, except it was Everyone x Undead Everyone Else x Evan's Spiked Tentacles...
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-10-29 at 12:41 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Thoughts?
    ...Things are going to get ugly pretty fast, aren't they?

...And that is how I met your father.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yay new thread!!!

Am away at the moment, volunteering at The Monkey Sanctuary (YAY MONKEYS!!), so prob wont be posting (not that I was very prolific anyway, you probably would never even have missed me... now I'm depressed. )

Anyway,

@ Cracklord: You really hate Belkar don't you...

God, that Oracle is a real perv. Never going to visit him, even if I do have a really burning question.

@ Water-Smurf: I really love your take on the whys of characterisation, it shows a new angle that I never thought of before. More please!
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    (not that I was very prolific anyway, you probably would never even have missed me... now I'm depressed. )
    Nonsense! Your avatar fills me with joy every time I see it!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Allow this humble writer to give a suggestion.

First up, what makes you like the two characters? Follow that through, and try and figure out how the other characters percieve them, then build the emotions on that.

For instance, in my shipping, Lien likes Durkon because he's so reliable, because he represents stability and warmth, which is something that (Lien as I see her), really wants in a relationship. He doesn't try to change her, he accepts her the way she is, and that's what makes her love him.
    See? Easy.

@ Cracklord: You really hate Belkar don't you...
    God no. Hate is on the same axis as love (one of the principle's of this thread). I despise every aspect of him, and honestly enjoy writing things happen to him that makes me myself feel sick.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-29 at 04:34 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    God no. Hate is on the same axis as love (one of the principle's of this thread). I despise every aspect of him, and honestly enjoy writing things happen to him that makes me myself feel sick.
    May I ask why you despise him?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

My view is: If it makes me laugh and it's plausible, I'm writing it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
    May I ask why you despise him?
    Only if you want an answer.

The main reasons are manyfold. I have at one point tried to play a game as DM with a little brother, resulting in him playing much like Belkar and stagnating the game, making it no fun for anyone. No one likes playing with someone who tries to make it all about him, and I find his desperate cries for attention annoying rather then endearing.

Second, I don't find him funny. At all.

Third, he is frankly one dimensional. There is no interesting characterization, no complexity, nothing. 'I stab things' is the extent of his characterization.

Fourth, I don't like the idea of a morally dodgy sidekick who acts evil so the hero doesn't have to get his hands dirty. Especially one like Belkar.

Fifth, he annoys me, in that he rolls a twenty every time, and everyone has to roll ones. Everything always goes his way.

Sixth, I feel he has stagnated the plot, and thanks to him the party can't continue to work to overcome their differences.

Seventh, despite being evil, he's not very good at it. He's a two-but thug, he has no dreams or goals of his own, doesn't aspire to anything. Boring, in other words.

Eight, He is rapidly begining to give of Author's pet vibes.

Ninth, the constant torment of the 'Belkar won't die!!1!!1' threads.

Those are the main ones. I have more, such as loosing my job to someone who looks suspiciously like Belkar () and the like, and how he reminds me of Richard from Looking For Group.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Editor's Note: I apologise that I have been slacking lately and that it's taken so long for me to do the final piece of this story.

Part I: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...84#post6948884
    Part II: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...12#post6958912

Spoiler
    Show

The desert stretched out before her; barren, desolate – it mirrored her own feelings perfectly. As the sun began to dip below the horizon, she felt the baking heat slowly begin to fade. It had been 6 days since her arrival on the Western Continent and assuming the oracle's prophecy was accurate, she would encounter the hated Order of the Stick any second n...

“Forcecage.”

Miko cursed under her breath. The Order's wretched spellcaster had obviously been lying in ambush waiting for her.

“Had you encountered me some weeks previously, I surmise I would now be lying in a pool of my own blood, while you loudly claim to have served the Twelve Gods plan. However, there tends to be something about an Ancient Black Dragon sneaking up on oneself that encourages one to watch their warding spells,” said Vaarsuvius.

“Cease your long-winded prattling, elf, and release me at once!”

“How thoughtless of me. Of course, I shall release you immediately so that you can kill me and promptly proceed to do the same to my colleagues. I do sympathise with your desire to kill the halfling though.” continued the elf, rolling its eyes in exasperation.

“I have no liking for you, elf but I have no particular grudge against you either. Your despicable leader robbed me of my former life and must pay!”

“Grudges? Vengeance?” replied Vaarsuvius. “Forcecage has a duration of 9 hours, or until I choose to dismiss its effect. I recommend making yourself comfortable while I tell my tale.”

As Miko listened, she began to find the knot of hatred that had gripped her heart slowly begin to unravel. The elf had made a similar trade to herself, choosing a path of bloody revenge that had cost him/(her?) dearly. Vaarsuvius had lost his family, his soul and very nearly his sanity. These were things that she could relate to.

The sun had set, taking with it the last of the warth. A cold wind hissed gently through the desert and Miko found herself beginning to shiver. Her armour had been designed for its fearsome appearance and flexibility, rather than its ability to keep its wearer warm. Vaarsuvius created a small campfire and moved in closer to the former paladin.

“I have told you my tale. Perhaps you could share yours with me.”

Miko felt something shift in her mind and the usual self-assurance and arrogance seemed to wilt slightly. “I have done many bad things in my recent past and like you, I was faced with a choice...”

It was midnight when Miko awoke. As she turned, she looked at the elf, trancing peacefully on the floor next to her and smiled as she recalled the gentle kiss and the slow passionate love that had followed. She moved away slightly from Vaarsuvius, causing his (and the elf most certainly was male, she told herself) body to move slightly.

In the corner of the tent her katana stood upright, its obsidian blade casting a shade darker than the blackness of the tent. She began to feel the hate rising through her and the taunting images of Roy and her fall from grace. A soft sound made her look back towards Vaarsuvius – the elf's body had moved so that his arms occupied the space where she had lain; almost as if they were reaching for her.

Miko found her thoughts divided – she could take the blade, kill the elf and his comrades while the slept and her bloody quest would be at an end or she could return to the warm, loving arms of Vaarsuvius....

“Now there's a face I didn't expect to see...”

“V, you're smiling!” said Elan.

“What's made you so happy, pointy ears?” asked Belkar, politely.

Vaarsuvius merely smiled and said nothing. Occasionally, he mused, it could be nice to keep a secret...

On the shore of the Western Continent, a figure in black leather, carrying an obsidian sword, looked up towards the sky and started to smile. It was going to be a beautiful day.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

God, that Oracle is a real perv. Never going to visit him, even if I do have a really burning question.
    I'm going to guess that this was for me.

16. - Top - End - #46

Don't want to post again in the old thread, but if a mod reads this:

a) Thanks for not shutting us down.

b) We can has lox on old thread, plz?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

MasamuneSSX, you have no idea how happy you've made me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Allow this humble writer to give a suggestion.

First up, what makes you like the two characters? Follow that through, and try and figure out how the other characters percieve them, then build the emotions on that.

For instance, in my shipping, Lien likes Durkon because he's so reliable, because he represents stability and warmth, which is something that (Lien as I see her), really wants in a relationship. He doesn't try to change her, he accepts her the way she is, and that's what makes her love him.
    See? Easy.
    Thanks, but there is one slight problem with this suggestion: in my whole life, I've never, ever, been able to understand why I liked the characters I liked.
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ZOMG, Cracklord! Someone else wrote Order of the Rift/Scribble fic! And, and, it was sweet and perfectly in-character, and made me sniffle a bit. (ETA: Well, for what we know of the characters, anyway -- I guess what I really mean is that the way you wrote them matched up really well with the way I think of them!) Poor Soon Kim I can't help but think how sad it must have been for him to watch all his team-mates coupling up (at least Dorukan/Lirian in canon, and definitely Girard/Serini as well in my personal shipverse!) knowing that he could never see Mijung again *sob*.

I'd love to see your take on the other members, if you feel like writing more!
    Last edited by esmerelder; 2009-10-29 at 08:30 PM.

Many thanks, blue silk handkerchiefs, and small inarticulate hedgehog noises to Funky Goose for the sig banner!

Even more thanks to half-halfling for the adorable avatar, which is from this comic
    !

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

I plan to.
    Anyway, I figure Kraagor has a wife back home. He's basically got the mentality of just wanting to have fun, so that's what he does. He doesn't take things to seriously, and has no real goal or motives.
    Think of him as the big man of the group, loud, boisterous and and always happy, who could shave someone with his battle axe.
    I think my take on Soon pretty much sums up how I view his character.

I don't know about the others, but I plan to write another story about them soon, so advice is appreciated.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hooray, dispensing advice is much more fun than actually putting in any work towards writing anything of my own! I wrote two fics waaaaay back in the Dark Ages of the second thread that give my ideas about the Order of the Scribble and what they might be like. But I've had a few more thoughts about them since then -- it got a bit long though, so I've spoilered it!

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, I think of Serini as a person who is essentially very sweet and very good, but who also has a completely wicked side that tends to manifest in being sex-obsessed, making filthy jokes and shocking Dorukan with the number of smutty songs she knows. This is based on the fact that she seemed to be the kindest and nicest member of the team in the crayon flashbacks, but we've seen her being a bit off-colour in her diary (making jokes about Lirian's 'magical door' etc!). Given the others' reactions to her chattering about taking a level in paladin during the flashback scene, I'd imagine she can also be a little bit hyper-perky and annoying at times -- much more like the perpetually cheery halfling stereotype than certain other OOTS characters we could name!

From hereon in it gets a bit more conjectural, and may also be affected by the fact that I haven't read SoD, but here goes!

I imagine Girard as being someone who thinks of himself as being a bit more of a bad-boy than he really is (a bit like Roy when he first met Miko!). He likes to cast flashy illusions and show off, is thoroughly aware of the fact that he's quite good-looking and tends to exploit it whenever possible. Interestingly, there was a thread a little while back that had a debate over whether the marks on his face were scars or a magical tattoo of some sort: I'd always assumed that they were scars, but the special sort of fantasy-novel scars that only make the hero look more brooding and handsome than he already did! I think he probably fulfils Roy's role of supplying the party sarcasm, and is probably quite well-educated, possibly having run away from some sort of aristocratic or otherwise-privileged background.

For some reason, I picture Lirian as being a bit like a calmer version of Haley, and Dorukan as a much smarter version of Elan -- definitely still a bit wide-eyed and wet behind the ears, though. I imagine that Lirian would have a special rapport with Soon, because they were both present when Mijung died, and thus presumably started the Order together, and because they are probably the oldest members of the party (assuming Lirian's subrace of elves ages at the same rate that V's does). I also picture them as both being LG, while Girard and Serini are probably CG, and that like in the OOTS, the Lawfuls in the party often have to spend a significant amount of time trying to restrain the Chaotics from doing whatever pops into their heads.

Kraagor I don't have much of an idea about, although I like your characterisation for him. I do wonder why Serini described him as 'mean, grr!' in her diary, though -- maybe she'd just annoyed him a little too much by being hyper and giggly at him that day.

On the other hand, we really know so little about them that I think all sorts of different characterisations are possible, and it would be great to see people doing different ones!
    Last edited by esmerelder; 2009-10-29 at 10:40 PM.

Many thanks, blue silk handkerchiefs, and small inarticulate hedgehog noises to Funky Goose for the sig banner!

Even more thanks to half-halfling for the adorable avatar, which is from this comic
    !

21. - Top - End - #51
    Colossus in the Playground

Nice characterizations, except that Lirian would be Lawful Neutral or Neutral Good (Much more likely), since she's a druid.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eek, thanks for the tip! See what I get for being a non-gaming OOTS fan who knows sod-all about any form of roleplaying!

!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by esmerelder View Post
    Eek, thanks for the tip! See what I get for being a non-gaming OOTS fan who knows sod-all about any form of roleplaying!
    Well come to the play-by-post area of the forum and find a DnD 3.5 game to play. There are plenty.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I read those stories. They were great.

Well, Lirian has to be Neutral to be a druid, so lets say neutral good.

I like those characterizations.

I figure Kraagor's shtick is nobody can understand him due to his exaggerated accent (not present in the books, but I always see him a Violent Glaswegian). I figure he's Legolas over the top in combat capabilities, but a nice enough guy the rest of the time. I also figure he's got a berserk button (probably something seemingly unimportant) you really don't want to push.
    As he's a barbarian, he's probably got a whole range of eccentricities, the one I mentioned carrying his wealth in thick golden bands around his arms so they can't be stolen is probably just one of them, and he's likely very superstitious. I figure he's probably from the open Steppe, and so hates trees (of course).
    The other alternative ish to do hwhat I ushally do hwen playing dwarves, and give him a voiche like Sean Connery (It is a Scottish accent).

Soon I figure, is hard. He's given up on happiness, and all he has left are his principles. He's lost all of his idealism and innocence. He's good because he always has been, but he's not likeable. He's not Miko either, he's not a policeman, but he takes himself dead seriously, and it's not a great idea to push him. In addition, he wins in a way he never has to win again. Given that he's got a Ghengis Khan mustache and he's named after Sun Tzu he is probably obscenely high level (plus he beat Xykon without a scratch).

Lirian probably understands why he's so cold, and probably makes excuses for him, while the others think he's an incredible jerk. However, he's the highest level and its his quest, so he's the leader. Girard resents this, as a.) he doesn't like Soon, and b.) He's more then a bit egotistical. Durokan probably thinks he should be the leader because he's clearly the smartest.

I think of Durokan as book smart, rather then Elan, whose... savvy. For instance, when he first realized he had a...thing, for Lirian, he probably read every book he could find on the subject to try to figure out what he should do next.
    I also suspect he has a tendency to overplan things, after all, that's how Xykon beat him.

The hunched figure in the center of the room was unrecognizable as Belkar. His features had begun to distort as the memory of his own identity faded to be replaced with recollections of inventive, brutal agony. More then that, his body language had changed from, cocky, self assured swagger, to a meek, submissive hunch, fearful and timid.

Hardly Belial’s best work, but he’d been rushed.

Belial leaned forward, once more sitting on the right hand side f the couch. “Now, it would make me very happy if you agreed to do something for me. Could you do that?”

Belkar nodded, not lifting his eyes from the floor. The interior of Belial's hood rustled, and the fallen Angel cocked his head. “Good. We are going to let you live again. Here, your just another soul among untold trillions. But out there, you are in just the place you need to be. Where we need you to be.” He leaned forward. “Do you understand, Belkar?”

Another weak, timid nod. “Good. Meet up with your companions. Tell them whatever you need to. When you come to the gate, do whatever the elf says, no matter how strange. If you do that, I’ll be very happy. You wouldn’t want to disappoint me, would you?”

A spasmodic, convulsive shake of the head. The Halfling was trembling.

“Good.” Belial said, as though complimenting a pet, and got up. Gliding over to tower above the Halfling, he raised his hand, and Belkar sank into peaceful oblivion, blessedly beyond memories, thoughts, even dreams, to a place beyond consciousness.

The robed devil stared down for another moment, then lightly caressed Belkar’s cheek. The form began to glow softly. “My gift to you.” He sneered, then flicked his fingers and the soul vanished.

The three fiends all stared at each other, then one by one they broke into mad laughter, no evil genius who revealed his master-stroke, no blood crazed vampire even more morally degenerate then his reputation after a succession of angsty teenagers, no scientist who 'just gets these headaches could have even tried to match the chilling madness and general malevolence in their mirth. “We’re going to win!”

“His corpse has been left abandoned in the sand dunes, four miles west of the hive. It’s a skeleton picked clean, some of the bones have been broken open for marrow. Take it and have it resurrected.” The center fiend said, staring at the female demon who was standing nervously in front of them, one hand on her hip, her weight all balanced on one foot.

She was clearly female. She was abundantly female, dressed in tight red leather that looked as though it had been painted on, strategically placed to attract rather then discourage attention. Her soft curls were drawn back in a pony tail, and her full lips were marred with a confused frown.

Sabine blinked. “I don’t get it. Why go to all this effort?”

The middle fiend leaned back. The robed concealed his features, but somehow you knew he was grinning smugly, like a chess master who has felt all of his careful preparations fall into place.

“Tell me, how would you like a layer of the abyss for you and your lover?”

Sabine blinked. “What?”

“After this, we’ll have the power to do anything at all.”

The left one leaned forward, a mad shiver in his throaty voice. Despite sounding nothing at all like Belial, different accent, tone, pitch and way of speaking, the two voices were almost the same. “Think about it. The planes are in balance. Even if we united the lower planes, we’d still be all but equally matched. So we change the status quo.”

“With this, we can destroy souls. Think about it.”

“We rob heaven of resources. No more power going to heaven, every soul we can’t get our hands on unmade by this anti-life equation.”

"Then we give the world to someone like that lich, and before you even know it, the entire material plane is nothing but a recruitment camp for Hell's armies. We kill of the gods to stop them complicating things, so no worshipers, nothing but an endless stream of fodder used to empower us, and heaven loses it’s recruits, because we unmake them.”

“And where do the souls go? To us. Lee controls the lake of fire, Nero’s task in the crawling city is turning petitioners into daemons… sorry, yugloths, and I control nearly a third of the arrivals to the abyss.”

“and there are a myrid of worlds. We simply move the gates and repeat the process. Until Heaven is starving and we can’t move for power. Then we formally unite, let The other powers follow behind, and take over heaven. Simple.”

“And then I suppose you share power?”

“And then we backstab each other, and the other two who lose are demoted as low as possible. What do you think we are, delusional? Multiversal overgods don’t share power. But we’re willing to work together for as long as it takes just to own everything. Wouldn’t you?”

Sabine conceded the point. “So all I have to do is resurrect Belkar?”

“See to it.” Belial purred, speaking up for the first and only time, “And you will be given whatever you want. I’ll… make sure of it.”
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-30 at 07:53 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Woo! new thread!
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

I call dibs on the first picture of the new thread (is that how you use that expression?)

I am aware of this problem with my computer's display that makes colors a lot brighter and more saturated than they appear on most other people's monitors, so the colors may be a bit weird for you. Also, this is my first time trying to paint properly on a computer, so advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Aandy had eyes but they might induce cerebral haemorrhaging so I drew him a blindfold. Also, if you're bored, the runes are written in the earlier forms (I think) of cirth from The Hobbit.

As I drew this I was thinking of developing this into a proper story, but I have the same problem as...someone from the previous thread who said that s/he couldn't write continuous stories, only scenes here and there. Basically I can never link my things into one big story with a plot . Epic fail compared to all the amazing writers here...
    Last edited by Saeyan; 2009-10-30 at 09:51 AM.

I draw pictures:

(haven't been updated in a while and you can read the comic here)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

*attempts to read runes*

G...R...E, E...T...H... no wait, that's an I and an N....

And I'm sure the eyes aren't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyan View Post

As I drew this I was thinking of developing this into a proper story, but I have the same problem as...someone from the previous thread who said that s/he couldn't write continuous stories, only scenes here and there. Basically I can never link my things into one big story with a plot .
    Try thinking of a few different scenes, writing them, then going back and filling in the transitions with more scenes. Then go over it, and add more descriptions/dialoge where needed.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-10-30 at 01:41 PM.
    DeviantArt

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

@Saeyan: Love the picture. Great master/apprentice moment with perfect expressions. And there's nothing wrong with the coloring - very good, especially for a first try.

I got a little plot bunny but I lost it, and decided to doodle something instead. It's not a serious picture, if you cannot tell.

Spoiler
    Show

The speech bubble is a little fuzzy, so for you who can't make it out, it reads: "Who modified the shower so that it spews only cold water?!?"

I really wish I could write a short story to go with the pic, but alas, English is not my first language. And my plot bunny was eaten by a raven.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

I request a banner of vampire-RC x Elan.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Expeditious View Post
    The speech bubble is a little fuzzy, so for you who can't make it out, it reads: "Who modified the shower so that it spews only cold water?!?"
    Fanservicey.

And it was probably Belkar. Or Blackwing.
    DeviantArt