New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Arcabane

The Crone smiles, "It is done."

On The Coast

The Crone shrugged, "I do not intend to oppose you, I may end up doing so, but such is life."

She leans close, every wrinkle exposed, "Just do what comes naturally daughter. I know deep down you care for mortals. And sometimes... that's all you need."

With that the Crone disappeared.

Free Port

"Hm, as tempting as that sounds, I'm gonna have to say no."

"How are we going to get her to the plane?"

Anreydu

Gwyn felt an overwhelming urge to continue the discussion, but now was not the time.

"Ombra is correct." Gwyn stands and motions both of them to follow as she works her way to the roof. Leon the Exalted Knight bows as you walk past.

"I trust the Crone brought you up to speed Kipt? Needless to say, this Dream Lich must be taken care of and though I'm loath to admit it, the Crone was right, I can't do this alone. We know three things about the Lich, it is made from the Dreams of gods, it is powerful enough to kill both Isanloff and Kiolasa in a relatively short time, and we know that it was injured during its fight with Kiolasa."

She comes to what seems to be a smooth wall, but it falls away at her mental command, revealing a balcony. When you step onto the balcony, you see above you the purplish mass of the Dreaming.

"If there's anything else you need to handle, now would be the time."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #482

Anreydu

"I know of the dreaming." Kipt said, noticing Ombra's hesitation. "And yes, you are right, we came here for the purpose of aiding Gwyn. Right now, we need to put our clashing ideas aside so we can best accomplish our goal." When Gwyn opened the balcony, Kipt stared with awe. "Well, lets get to this."

3. - Top - End - #483

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Drestin

"Well there ain't no laws in Free Port, he with the bigger stick thrives y'know? So anyone looking to buy something that ain't exactly legal comes to Free Port. Beyond that we're a free trade zone, so anyone can trade here. Let's see," he glances at the ships and points at each of them as he rattles off what country they're from.

"That one's from Monte Mora, there's one from Calasancti, the United Goblin Emirates, Some from the Northern Kingdoms, think that one's from Hazen, heck there's a ship at port right now, from someplace called the Hidden Isle. They jus' bought up a section of the docks to use. Oh, you don't need to worry about that, unless your looking to dock ships there's no need."

He looks back at the lizard men, "So who do you wanna trade with? A nation, private merchant, or one of the warehouse managers?"
    Drestin seems a bit alarmed that there are no laws at all. He frowns before he continues, "You must get a lot of shady characters with no restrictions. I didn't realize this place was so shaky. "

Drestin watched as he pointed out the ships. He answered him, while still distracted by the gallery of ships. "We're looking to trade with Monte Mora, also, we want to talk to a warehouse manager about lumber."

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Silver Fire Isle

"Jib" she says passionately, as if relieved. Jewel moves in and puts her arms around him. She decides not to go for a kiss, remembering how she felt last time. If he doesn't want to, I wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable. "And when we get back" she says, and lets it sit for a moment. Now more leaning on him than embracing, she continues "Will you promise to stay with me?"
    Jib leans in too, comforting her. "I would stay with you for a lifetime." He wraps his arms around her, embracing her for a while, and then after enough time, he broke away again, not in rejection, but just because he felt something else needed to be done. gaining motive, he said "Well then, the raft is waiting. Let's hope this voyage is smoother than our last."

Spoiler
    Show
    I avoided saying "once more unto the breach." I really wanted to.

Tresingiis

Tresingiis was flying over the desert when he realized something was missing. He thought on the trial of Belsheroth and how everyone knew about it. News traveled slowly in this world. He then thought there should be a faster way of people learning about other's endeavors. He decided that birds could carry messages on parchment. He made it so that anyone could train a bird to carry a message to someone else, miles or dozens of miles away.

As he was flying, He felt a strong connection with the wind. The shifting sands where tossed about by the wind, and he felt the wind in his feathers as he flew. He grew to become more in touch with the wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 14
    -1 create concept (messenger birds)
    -3 Gain domain Air (wind)
    +4 Rollover
    Ending AP: 14

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"Hm, as tempting as that sounds, I'm gonna have to say no."

"How are we going to get her to the plane?"
    Well, I've got a lot of pull with a certain extra-celestial delivery service, lemme just... The Doctor frowned and tapped at his own head. I think he put me on hold, hang on...

Anreydu

Gwyn felt an overwhelming urge to continue the discussion, but now was not the time.

"Ombra is correct." Gwyn stands and motions both of them to follow as she works her way to the roof. Leon the Exalted Knight bows as you walk past.

"I trust the Crone brought you up to speed Kipt? Needless to say, this Dream Lich must be taken care of and though I'm loath to admit it, the Crone was right, I can't do this alone. We know three things about the Lich, it is made from the Dreams of gods, it is powerful enough to kill both Isanloff and Kiolasa in a relatively short time, and we know that it was injured during its fight with Kiolasa."

She comes to what seems to be a smooth wall, but it falls away at her mental command, revealing a balcony. When you step onto the balcony, you see above you the purplish mass of the Dreaming.

"If there's anything else you need to handle, now would be the time."
    We should probably- hang on, the Doctor's calling. He said, bowing his head and shutting his eyes. Yes?... Ugh, you keep doing things like this, Doctor, it'd be easier to- well okay, I guess that's fine... Explain it quickly, I need to go.

Free Port

-so we need to store her in the Shadowlands for a while. Uh-huh... yeeeeeah... Okay! The Doctor grinned and set the glass case down. Well, I've got good news for us and better news for our friend. The good news is, this glass case is going into the Shadowlands. Beautiful place, Big Momma, you'll like it... well, if you ever manage to open your eyes again, anyway. The better news is... eh, never mind. He grinned. It doesn't affect us, and if I'm right you'll find out later. The glass case was suddenly wrapped in darkness and vanished.

Anreydu

Ombra sighed and looked up again. Alright, I'm good. Let's go.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #485

Drestin

"Eh, no shadier than who lives here." Tobi points to one of the ships in the line.

"But, if you're looking for Monte Mora that's their ship right there, don't know who the Captain is."

"For wood, you'll want Gorik's warehouse next to the Ship of the Line over there. I can introduce you if you want, since he's pretty much the only manager we haven't pinched food from."

Free Port

Sandra visibly relaxes, "Finally, well if that's that, I should back to the Skull & Dagger before Saul wears his teeth away. It was a pleasure working with y'all."

With that Sandra steps out of the room.

Sophia frowns leaning against the wall, "My quest is far from done unfortunately, I still have to stop the Imposter."

Anreydu

Gwyn takes a deep breath, "Then let us go."

With that she leaps from the balcony and into the Dreaming.

The Dreaming

The Dreaming a purple space wherein the dreams of mortals float at the top. Every fear, hope, and aspiration, they all dance among the purplish space. Near the bottom, are the vast dreams of gods.

"Avoid the dreams, if we collide with any of them, we have to see them through to the end."

Just outside the Dreaming

Inside the Dreaming, dreams are reality. The laws of physics and magic are suspended as the minds of mortals shape the Dreaming like the gods shape the world outside it.

But what is reality if not the dreams of many gods?

As Gwyn collides with the dreaming, a bubble escapes. That bubble begins to hurtle towards the Prime Material.

The Prime Material

A long time ago a god made the Earth, The Sky, and The Sea, he made it to show the nothingness that he was greater. It was his dream that nothing could stand against him.

The sun was a dream of a goddess, it was her dream that all would be warm, that all would see.

But what did Gwyn dream? What would she give to the world? She dreamed of a world ruled by noble and honorable men, of a world where the courageous strove against evil.

It was her dream that collided with the Prime Material now. It was her dream that birthed a new god. Perhaps, he would be the one to oppose evil in the Prime Material now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Galidyd is now born!
    Gwyn, The First Knight

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Sandra visibly relaxes, "Finally, well if that's that, I should back to the Skull & Dagger before Saul wears his teeth away. It was a pleasure working with y'all."

With that Sandra steps out of the room.

Sophia frowns leaning against the wall, "My quest is far from done unfortunately, I still have to stop the Imposter."
    Then let's get started, human. The Doctor grinned. I am dedicated to ending any and all threats the Blur pose, and it's a long trip.

Anreydu

Gwyn takes a deep breath, "Then let us go."

With that she leaps from the balcony and into the Dreaming.

The Dreaming

The Dreaming a purple space wherein the dreams of mortals float at the top. Every fear, hope, and aspiration, they all dance among the purplish space. Near the bottom, are the vast dreams of gods.

"Avoid the dreams, if we collide with any of them, we have to see them through to the end."
    Believe me, I don't want to repeat THAT experience. Ombra muttered as he followed Gwyn through the Dreaming, avoiding the aspirations and nightmares that danced around them.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #487

Aquaeris, the Deep
    He stood in the middle of the place where the Goblin Emirates were in the Overworld.
    With a sound of soft flutes playing, he raised his eyes and smiled.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    (Rollover)
    Join Pantheon: Divine Council

Create Race: The Lights
    Any soul that worships Aquaeris (Emirates, Kalpans, Deepspawn) and leads a good life is reincarnated, unaging in the counterpart of where they lived. They sometimes visit the Overworld to help those in danger, even though they are but mortal themselves. If they die again, they become a Tear of Aquaeris.
    There are six types of Lights, one for each color of the rainbow, and represent how they died (reds died in war, orange died at home, yellow died traveling, green died of sickness, blue drowned, and violet are from all other causes).

Gain Domain: Strength (Gentle)

AP: 0+5-1-1-3=0 AP.
    Aquaeris is now a Intermediate god.

Aquaeris, Geasa
    Aquaeris saw the gnomes at work and smiled. He saw their craft was not art, but it was beautiful, in a way.

He saw a more powerful-looking one, crafting an unfathomable machine with an odd tool.

He smiled and reached out, and a flow of divine power infused the worker. He was a god now, for the gnomes needed one; work and crafting needed one.

"Hello, young Harmok. What are you working on?"
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-08-11 at 04:23 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Prime Material

The dream of a god found itself now living, its shape forming itself into a glowing humanoid form. The glow receded leaving a handsome moustachioed figure sporting the finest armour and sword that mortal eyes have seen, a luxurious cape billows in the wind that seems to have sprung up just to do so.

The figure looks around the empty plains he was born on and closes his eyes for a second, as if attuning himself to something on the edges of his perception. Then he was gone.

Free Port
    His eyes open in the bustling market of Free Port, his clothing shifting and changing in order for him to blend in.

"Now this, this is brilliant!"

His vision passes over the crowds and ghostly images arise before him, the men and women destined for glory glow with an intense inner light and a bright smile grows upon his face. This soon fades however when he notices how many of these destinies will never be fulfilled, how many paths will never cross.

And then an idea strikes him.

With a small gesture from this man a new building arises, pushing two more out of the way to give it room. He strides inside the door and with another sweep of his hands the building is furnished with everything an adventuring party could need, enough for several in fact. The last thing to be placed inside is a bar, well-stocked by any standards. He sets himself up as the Innkeeper and then sets himself down to rest before remembering the final thing he forgot. A click of his fingers causes a well-decorated sign to spring outside, the symbol it bears will soon be well known across the lands, the silver ring and crossed golden swords will always hold the name of Galidyd and with it the adventurers guild, Heroes Rest.

Spoiler
    Show

Actions: Create organisation: Adventurers Guild (Heroes Rest)
    AP: 15 - 2 = 13
    Last edited by Malfunctioned; 2012-08-11 at 08:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489

GnomeWizardGuy

The Low Roads

Yohalles the Elder looks over his creations and scratches his chin. They need companions, an animal to loyally follow them until the end of days..... so he takes the aspects from various feline and canine animals and combines them to create a species of lithe yet extremely muscular beasts that are about as large as the average Lloya and extremely loyal to the Lloyas that are their masters. They are called the Fonum.

The High Roads

Meanwhile Yohalles the Young, sporting a neon-yellow loincloth embroidered with "The Lowroad Council", is bored. He watches the Lloyas mill about and whispers a simple command to one of them. Explore, adventure, search. The Lloya turns towards Yohalles and is hit by a dense fog that fills him with divine energy. Well, what're you waiting for Dull-Coat?

Dull-Coat grasps his spear with one hand and his Fonum's leash with his other before teleporting off to explore the world, a couple other Lloya grab ahold of their Fonums and follow suit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:2
    Rollover: +5AP +1PP
    Create Life: The Fonum -1PP
    Raise Hero:Dull-Coat -4AP
    Divine Infusion:One into Dull-Coat -2AP
    Ending AP: 1AP
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-08-12 at 10:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Outside Big Momma's Base

Ship knows neither Marren or Nureen will remember him. He walks up says, "Hi, I'm Mother Bird."

Shoves a piece of paper in Nureen's hands and quickly walks out of sight.

The piece of paper says,

Big Momma defeated, safe to go in.

Thank the Doctor and Sophia for me.

~Ship 7
    Nureen watched as Ship left, likely never to be seen again. Her training as a sorceress gave her enough of an ability to almost remember him, but merely as the memory of a dream from her childhood. When he turned the corner and walked down another street, she knew him no longer. Subconsciously, she sighed.
    "Anything the matter?"
    "I just feel as though I forgot something. Someone I knew in happier times...
    "Come on, let's go in."

So they entered the building, and Nureen quickly forgot the strange sensation.

Inside

"Ship gave us a note saying you'd won.
    "What did you find out?"

The Darkest Reaches of the Void

Belsheroth rode in silence. There was much to be done, and he felt so tired. Perhaps he should sleep... And so, he dozed off, falling into a dreamless sleep...
    However, before his eyes, an image of two identical daggers formed, bound for eternity to be one. This wasn't a dream and he awakened suddenly. When he did, he found that the two knives were in his hands and that he wasn't alone.
    Someone else was there, a fragment of his own spark unintentionally given life. No... Not unintentionally, something he had desired deep within...
    "And who might you be young one?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Zankrith is born.

Starting AP: 9 + 6 (rollover)
    Create Artifact: Fate and Destiny
    These two daggers are composed of an unbreakable crystalline substance and possess two properties of significance.
    Firstly, he or she who holds one of them will always be able to find the other, across planar boundaries if need be.
    Secondly, one may use them to open a portal to from the plane where one resides, to the plane where the other resides with the cost of the dagger vanishing and turning up somewhere else on the Material Plane. +1 to RCR.
    Remaining AP: 11
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-08-12 at 07:50 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #491

Zankrith's form seemed to shift for a while, restlessly changing it's shape until it stopped on a rather portly man in a suit. He stretched his arms upwards and kicked out with his legs briefly, before giving a nod of satisfaction.
    "Yes, this will do. Young one? I have just been brought into this world, so I suppose that is accurate - mind, I already feel ancient. I am Zankrith. I take it you are the one who brought me into this world?"

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

"That would appear to be the case. Though I am rather confused as to how or why."
    Belsheroth looked Zankrith is the eyes, a difficult thing to determine with his eyes blindfolded.
    "Tell me young one... Do you know your purpose?"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Nureen watched as Ship left, likely never to be seen again. Her training as a sorceress gave her enough of an ability to almost remember him, but merely as the memory of a dream from her childhood. When he turned the corner and walked down another street, she knew him no longer. Subconsciously, she sighed.
    "Anything the matter?"
    "I just feel as though I forgot something. Someone I knew in happier times...
    "Come on, let's go in."

So they entered the building, and Nureen quickly forgot the strange sensation.

Inside

"Ship gave us a note saying you'd won.
    "What did you find out?"
    That Big Momma is incredibly unoriginal. The Doctor muttered. Her diabolical plot this whole time has been to take over the world. (OF COURSE!) She's put a puppet in the place of one of your captains and had him set out to conquer the world... starting with the northern kingdoms.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #494

"The how and the why are not important. I am here now, and I know precisely what my purpose is." Zankrith spreads his arms out to his sides, as the area around them begins to shift into that of a corridor, which appear to expand endlessly in each direction. Doors are spread out evenly along the walls, all currently shut.
    "Once I have finished constructing this place, I will bring all dead souls here to be tested, before they move on to their appropriate destinations. The current system, I feel, is a bit... sloppy? But I think I might have to check around before implementing my own - I would rather like to avoid stepping on any toes."

Spoiler
    Show
    15-4=11 AP
    Created a Plane, Oordel. I'll update this/post a better description in the OOC thread in a little while.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That Big Momma is incredibly unoriginal. The Doctor muttered. Her diabolical plot this whole time has been to take over the world. (OF COURSE!) She's put a puppet in the place of one of your captains and had him set out to conquer the world... starting with the northern kingdoms.
    "You don't mean a Captain as in Captain of the Order of the Spear do you?
    "Because if you do, then we've got to warn the Church, and the King!"

"Calm down Marren, the situation isn't that desperate. The Northern Kingdoms should be able to hold out for more than enough time for us to get back to warn people.
    "The real problem is, will anyone believe us?"

They both pondered it for a moment and sighed.
    "There's no hope. I'm a fallen cleric, Nureen is a criminal and as far as everyone in Calasanctium is concerned, Sophia is a Knight who went mad and ran off.
    "And no, challenging him to a fight and killing him won't prove anything. It'll simply prove you're a better fighter than everyone thinks."

"Marren? Who is the current High Ecclesiarch?"
    "That would be young Nameth. I probably shouldn't call him young, but I was one of his teachers."
    "So, he might listen to us?"
    "Possibly."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nameth, is of course, dead. They just don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    "The how and the why are not important. I am here now, and I know precisely what my purpose is." Zankrith spreads his arms out to his sides, as the area around them begins to shift into that of a corridor, which appear to expand endlessly in each direction. Doors are spread out evenly along the walls, all currently shut.
    "Once I have finished constructing this place, I will bring all dead souls here to be tested, before they move on to their appropriate destinations. The current system, I feel, is a bit... sloppy? But I think I might have to check around before implementing my own - I would rather like to avoid stepping on any toes."

Spoiler
    Show
    15-4=11 AP
    Created a Plane, Oordel. I'll update this/post a better description in the OOC thread in a little while.
    "The current system could certainly do with some sort of alteration. But it has not as yet failed us."
    Belsheroth watched as the hall formed around him.
    "Pray tell... What system do you propose to replace the old one? If it is suitable, then I will lend you the aid.
    "And do not be concerned about stepping on toes. There are few as concerned with matters of the afterlife as I.
    "Tell me... What do you know of the afterlife at this time?"
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-08-12 at 09:24 AM.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #496

"The current system could certainly do with some sort of alteration. But it has not as yet failed us."
    Belsheroth watched as the hall formed around him.
    "Pray tell... What system do you propose to replace the old one? If it is suitable, then I will lend you the aid.
    "And do not be concerned about stepping on toes. There are few as concerned with matters of the afterlife as I.
    "Tell me... What do you know of the afterlife at this time?"
    "The current system is flawed. What I know of it, well... There are four planes that dead souls may travel to, based on some rather basic criteria. While I do not wish to meddle with entry into the race-specific planes, the other two could do with different requirements. I will create a race to inhabit this plane, to record the actions of every mortal. Once they pass away, they will be judged by my creations and then sent on their way. Does that sound agreeable to you?" He hesitates for a moment before speaking again. "I would prefer to keep any 'lingering' to a minimum, on the mortal world. Any who wish to do so would have to provide a convincing enough arguement as to why they should be allowed to remain there."

17. - Top - End - #497

Birth of a God(dess)

Before entering, Kipt feels another presence in the room as the door to the dreaming opens. No, he now acknowledges that the other presence is inside himself. "Come forth" he says, summoning Adelaide. "I am Kipt, and you are new. You shall be my daughter, and shall encourage beauty in art and dress. You shall be known as Adelaide. I am sorry that I must leave you now, but I will be back."

Silver Fire Isle - Hidden Isle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, we have made it to the Hidden Island (Finally), so if you want to play the initial Arcane Fire discovery out then that would be great.

Jewel and Jib disembarked on their voyage with love for each other in their hearts, and only grew closer along the way. After some time at sea, the pair begin to see land on the horizon. As they get closer, Jewel flies up to check out the situation, and sees several people on the coast. She waves to them as the raft approaches shore.

The Dreaming

Kipt enters the dreaming along with Ombra and Gwyn. Then, he remembers the gold badge that Belsheroth had given him. "Actually, I have something that might be especialy useful right now," Kipt declares. He holds up the gold badge, and explains it's effect "This relic that Belsheroth gifted me allows all near me to be undisturbed by nightmares." He gloats in his own good fortune.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

"The current system is flawed. What I know of it, well... There are four planes that dead souls may travel to, based on some rather basic criteria. While I do not wish to meddle with entry into the race-specific planes, the other two could do with different requirements. I will create a race to inhabit this plane, to record the actions of every mortal. Once they pass away, they will be judged by my creations and then sent on their way. Does that sound agreeable to you?" He hesitates for a moment before speaking again. "I would prefer to keep any 'lingering' to a minimum, on the mortal world. Any who wish to do so would have to provide a convincing enough arguement as to why they should be allowed to remain there."
    "So you would take upon yourself the task of sorting the dead and determining their punishment? I admit that I do not envy you.
    The task that you have chosen, to decide the punishments of Mortalkind is not an easy one."

Belsheroth bowed his head for a moment.
    "You may not know this, but it drove my first son mad. But then, he was so passionate in his work."
    He sighed.
    "But you appear to be wiser, and if not wiser, more stable."
    Deciding it was appropriate, Belsheroth presented the blade known as Fate to Zankrith.
    "Know that you have my support Son. When you are ready, the Belsherai will bring souls of the dead here for judgement and then take them from here to the Forests of Starlight or to Hell for their prescribed punishments.
    "If you need anything at all, just ask."

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Orc in the Playground

tongue Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Serpents Range
    Dralcor awakens and breaks the imprisonment. It was quite simple to do being that there had been such a great deal of commotion lately and it had been weakened over the ages He made himself a new form, and he looked down at his old form, and thought "How weak I was that I couldn't keep people from starting a civilization on top of me!" Disgusted by his own previous weakness, he looks at his new form and thinks that with his red and black wings, his teeth as sharp as daggers, and his fiery breath, he could smash his old form in to dust.

He flies away and picks up some mountains, launches them into the air ,and puts a golden sphere inside to make them fly. This floating mountain was steep and the rock was very hot so he named the island Dragonloft. He looks at the floating island, decides to give it needs a master so he breathes a plume of green fire and the fire took the forms of drakes.

Since they were formed from fire the heat didn't bother them at all and with their wings they can easily traverse the landscape. The Drakes have blackish-red scales and breathe fire; they have dragon wings and teeth like daggers. Drakes where as dragons that stand on two feet. They have distinct arms and legs, even though they all have wings, talons, claws, and menacing scaled skin. These drakes would inhabit it, and then he called forth all of the Wyrms and set down a kingdom where you keep what you kill. a place where the king killer is the new king, a place were the weak die and the strong live and all of the dragons were indeed strong. The drakes with the hottest breath were the major war force. They usually breathe blue fire. The others defended the home land. There culture worships Dralcor for his fire that can burn anything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alter land 1 ap (create mountain)
    create relic 4 ap (A green fireball that keeps the mountain completely airborne)
    create fabled life 4 ap(Drakes are dragons that walk on legs)
    form society 2 ap (basically if you kill the king you become the king)
    4 ap remaining
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Understood, Father."

The woman surveyed her new surroundings with interest, peering down at the mortal world. So drab, so dreary...but the framework was there, at least. And those bird-things showed promise, the ones that walked among the people. Yes, they were indeed the best starting point...

With sweeping, overly-flourishing hand movements, the newly-named Adelaide sketched her own dress in the air, blue and billowing, with a sweeping tail of feathers held in place at the waist by a sash. Then, slowly and deliberately, like plucking at threads on a loom, she began to pinch and taper the sketch, stretching parts out and arranging them until they suited her fancy.

The result was a tall, slender figure, with sapphire-blue plumage and a proud violet crest atop its head. Like the other bird-folk, it walked on two legs, but its tail was a stunning symphony of shining greens and shimmering blues.
    Carefully, she painted up dozens more, and set them down in a corner of this world, where they would not be disturbed.

This new race would act as her artisans, and they would fill the world with their art.

"But what" she thought, "is the purpose of art if the finest pieces are not to be displayed in their full splendour to those who can truly appreciate the beauty?"

As if in response, the area around Adelaide rippled and shifted, becoming a beautiful, grandiose hall, with a sumptuous chaise-longue at the centre, upon which the newly-birthed Goddess found herself reclining. Looking around this hall, she saw crystal podiums, gilded frames, even cordoned-off gardens...but all empty and unoccupied.

"...Work, my Peafowlkin. Together, we shall fill this gallery."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions!
    Create Life - Peafowlkin: 15 AP - 1 AP =14 AP.

The Peafowlkin are a race of basically-humanised peacocks, and their entire purpose is to work as crafters and painters. They pretty much have no concept of conflict, and spend their days pursuing creative ends.

Weave Plane - Adelaide's Gallery: 14 AP - 4 AP = 10 AP.
    A vast, sprawling gallery, filled with picture frames and podiums and empty exhibits, waiting to be filled. There's a blue velvet chaise-longue in the centre, where Adelaide reclines while within her demesne.

21. - Top - End - #501

"So you would take upon yourself the task of sorting the dead and determining their punishment? I admit that I do not envy you.
    The task that you have chosen, to decide the punishments of Mortalkind is not an easy one."

Belsheroth bowed his head for a moment.
    "You may not know this, but it drove my first son mad. But then, he was so passionate in his work."
    He sighed.
    "But you appear to be wiser, and if not wiser, more stable."
    Deciding it was appropriate, Belsheroth presented the blade known as Fate to Zankrith.
    "Know that you have my support Son. When you are ready, the Belsherai will bring souls of the dead here for judgement and then take them from here to the Forests of Starlight or to Hell for their prescribed punishments.
    "If you need anything at all, just ask."
    Zankrith takes the blade, twirling it in his hand before sheathing it at his waist.
    "Somebody has to do it. I am sorry for what it did to your first son, but I was brought here to do this, and I will deal with it as best I can. Before you leave, where might I find the gods who preside over the other two planes which dead souls may travel to? Merely a formality, but I wish to speak to them after I am done setting things up."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

"You don't mean a Captain as in Captain of the Order of the Spear do you?
    "Because if you do, then we've got to warn the Church, and the King!"

"Calm down Marren, the situation isn't that desperate. The Northern Kingdoms should be able to hold out for more than enough time for us to get back to warn people.
    "The real problem is, will anyone believe us?"

They both pondered it for a moment and sighed.
    "There's no hope. I'm a fallen cleric, Nureen is a criminal and as far as everyone in Calasanctium is concerned, Sophia is a Knight who went mad and ran off.
    "And no, challenging him to a fight and killing him won't prove anything. It'll simply prove you're a better fighter than everyone thinks."

"Marren? Who is the current High Ecclesiarch?"
    "That would be young Nameth. I probably shouldn't call him young, but I was one of his teachers."
    "So, he might listen to us?"
    "Possibly."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nameth, is of course, dead. They just don't know that.
    So we're alone, then. The Doctor muttered, slithering back and forth as if pacing. Nobody'll believe any of you, my species is just a rumor, and even if we could get Ship to help us nobody would remember him.

So basically, all we can do is depose the captain or get him to confess his plan to the masses and the only person on our side is someone you trained. He muttered. Greeeeat.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #503

SwashbucklerGuy

Razorpine Forest

A lone Woden approaches the log cabins. Rivra is a simple girl who lives by herself in the Razorpine Forest. She has mild druidic talents as a tamer, and has many animal friends. She is relatively young, but has very little in terms of family. No doubt she stumbled upon the cabins by mistake, but is curious, and approaches cautiously. She is naked as is customary for Woden druids, but seeing that these strangers are clothed, she drapes a flat leafy vine around her hips which covers her poorly. As she nears, she sees a person by the cabins. "Hello?" she calls out nervously.
    Eom looks upon her with his golden eyes, a mark that he is a prophet of Eroberung. He keeps his hand on the axe at his belt. He tosses her his cloak.

Child, where is your father? We seek counsel with your folk, for you are not of us. Take me to your leaders.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Zankrith takes the blade, twirling it in his hand before sheathing it at his waist.
    "Somebody has to do it. I am sorry for what it did to your first son, but I was brought here to do this, and I will deal with it as best I can. Before you leave, where might I find the gods who preside over the other two planes which dead souls may travel to? Merely a formality, but I wish to speak to them after I am done setting things up."
    "Halasht is dead. No new souls will join the Celestial Horde residing in Valhyrja. At least, not that I am aware.
    "As for Aqaeris, seek him out in his plane or call out his name.
    "And now, if I may take my leave of you."

Belsheroth bowed to his young Son, and mounted his horse.
    "May you always know kindness, my Son."
    And he was gone, he did not ride as he did not wish to damage Zankrinth's new floor so he simply vanished.

Above the Mortal World

High in the sky beyond the borders of the Material Plane, Belsheroth looked down. He raised his hands and dropped the blade known as Destiny.
    It fell from the heavens as a ball of fire and landed in the oceans to one day wash up on some lonely beach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone can find it if they want. But I want its portal function to remain secret for a while until it can be accidentally discovered.

So we're alone, then. The Doctor muttered, slithering back and forth as if pacing. Nobody'll believe any of you, my species is just a rumor, and even if we could get Ship to help us nobody would remember him.

So basically, all we can do is depose the captain or get him to confess his plan to the masses and the only person on our side is someone you trained. He muttered. Greeeeat.
    "It's not all that bad Doctor. Marren's niece happens to be among the richest people living in Snow Haven. She's can get us in to see the King, or at the very least, his aide.
    "I might have some blackmail material..."

"You've got something on the King?"
    "I wish. That man never puts anything out of line. It's about a certain descendant of his and a lawyer.
    "Just note that this idea has about a two percent chance of success."

Old Calasanctium

There was turmoil in the Guardian Temple. It had been over two weeks since the High Ecclesiarch had died and still no word from the Herald of Belsheroth. That combined with the Herald's relatively recent promise to return to them concerning the reawakening of the Gods that had not been fulfilled, and the upper echelons of Church hierarchy were in complete confusion.
    The Head Judge managed to stop everything from erupting into a chaos of debate and scripture consultation, but the more powerful patriarchs and councilors had started to ignore her attempts to call order.
    And to think... Nameth was barely cold in his tomb...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-08-12 at 12:41 PM.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not all that bad Doctor. Marren's niece happens to be among the richest people living in Snow Haven. She's can get us in to see the King, or at the very least, his aide.
    "I might have some blackmail material..."

"You've got something on the King?"
    "I wish. That man never puts anything out of line. It's about a certain descendant of his and a lawyer.
    "Just note that this idea has about a two percent chance of success."
    Always assume the situation is worse than you're aware. The Doctor replied, rubbing his chin with his tail. Safer that way. Heck, with my luck the king'll be a Blur's mind-slave...

Sarkan

Temple 1 sneezed in the middle of a crowded church. Of course nobody will ever remember it.

The Dreaming

Be on your guard. Ombra said quietly, keeping his awareness high and senses open. Even dead gods can have nightmares.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #506

Free Port

Sophia thinks for a moment, then shrugs, "Knight's code of honor is different from Calasancti law. If I were to challenge him in single combat for the leadership of the Knights, all I would need is the support of the Lieutenant... but I have no idea who that is after Taylor died."

She seems to struggle with what to say next and then settles on something."Well, we could always talk to my uncle Justin he's a member of the Order of the Nameless Knight. He was wounded a few years ago and works a desk in the stronghold of Snow Haven, but he's still well respected within the order."

"Regardless, we should move."

Spoiler
    Show
    Marren & Nureen (maybe the Doctor) would probably know this Justin. He is sometimes called the Living Saint, a few years ago he had his leg ripped off by a Lycan going for the king (killed the Lycan too). For whatever reason, he didn't turn.

The Hidden Isle

There are four people on the shore. A goblin, a Kalpan, and two that look like hybrids of the two. The four of them seem to be hauling a net of pearls onto the shore.

They seem shocked to see a winged girl and another man of a spieces they'd never seen before. The goblin is the first to recover.

"Ahoy!" He turns to the hybrids (his sons) and snaps a series of order in a tongue not heard on the main land since Calasanctium became a mere kingdom.

The two creatures leap into the water and swim to the raft. The first one surfaces just in front of the ship, the other, just behind it.

"What are you?" The one in front asks. They are quite obviously on their guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Keep in mind, Islanders are incredibly Isolationist. So this can range from a break neck adventure avoiding the more conservative elements of the Order as you try to show the Islanders not all outsiders are evil. To a simple sit down with King Charles.

I'll let you guys decide.

The Dreaming

Gwyn nods. The three gods move cautiously through the Dreaming. Some of the dreams seem to intentionally move away from Kipt. Gwyn seems to be busily studying an emerald that hangs around her neck.

"I can't find him." She whispers sullen.

"Who says you haven't already?" A voice of pure malice resounds from everywhere at once. A feeling of overwhelming power emanates from the dreaming penetrating and surronding the gods.

The voice seems... bemused.

Gwyn's back arches,

"Where are you?"

"Where aren't I?" Suddenly a dozen dreams seem to converge on the gods. Trying to suck them in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two ways to handle this, we can each get sucked into seperate dreams, write stories that involve beating a powerful sorcerer. Then have a beatdown with all three of us v. the Dream Lich's true form.

Or, we can avoid the dreams and go straight to the beatdown.

Y'all's choice.

Oh and Rollover: 5+4=9
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-12 at 06:22 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Sophia thinks for a moment, then shrugs, "Knight's code of honor is different from Calasancti law. If I were to challenge him in single combat for the leadership of the Knights, all I would need is the support of the Lieutenant... but I have no idea who that is after Taylor died."

She seems to struggle with what to say next and then settles on something."Well, we could always talk to my uncle Justin he's a member of the Order of the Nameless Knight. He was wounded a few years ago and works a desk in the stronghold of Snow Haven, but he's still well respected within the order."

Spoiler
    Show
    Marren & Nureen (maybe the Doctor) would probably know this Justin. He is sometimes called the Living Saint, a few years ago he had his leg ripped off by a Lycan going for the king (killed the Lycan too). For whatever reason, he didn't turn.
    The Doctor blinked. ... Wait, the Lycan-immune demigod guy? His eyes narrowed. Smells like trout.

It may take the others a few seconds to realize he means that he's a fishy guy.

The Dreaming

Gwyn nods. The three gods move cautiously through the Dreaming. Some of the dreams seem to intentionally move away from Kipt. Gwyn seems to be busily studying an emerald that hangs around her neck.

"I can't find him." She whispers sullen.

"Who says you haven't already?" A voice of pure malice resounds from everywhere at once. A feeling of overwhelming power emanates from the dreaming penetrating and surronding the gods.

The voice seems... bemused.

Gwyn's back arches,

"Where are you?"

"Where aren't I?" Suddenly a dozen dreams seem to converge on the gods. Trying to suck them in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two ways to handle this, we can each get sucked into seperate dreams, write stories that involve beating a powerful sorcerer. Then have a beatdown with all three of us v. the Dream Lich's true form.

Or, we can avoid the dreams and go straight to the beatdown.

Y'all's choice.

Oh and Rollover: 5+4=9
    The Dreaming

Of course... Ombra's eyes widened. Oh I am so stupid... He growled as the dreams closed in.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got a headache atm, you guys pick

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #508

OrcBarbarianGuy

Business is slow.

The hero business that is, the Inn itself is working wonders, though a well-stocked bar in a bustling city such as this would find it hard not to. A plan formed in the gods head and he grabbed his cloak off on wall, closed up early headed out to an open centre.

"Ladies and gentlemen! People of all races, creeds, colours and ages! I beseech each and every one of you! You bustle through your lives, eyes down and feet shuffling, trying to make it through to the other end quick and easy without stirring up trouble for yourselves. You avoid danger and any sign of excitement out of sheer unwillingness to change. Well my dear, dear people do I have something to tell you! I can see something in each of you, a spark, a spirit, a powerful soul that screams with your true destinies! There is a life outside of your jobs and your homes and that is the life of a hero, the life of someone who takes their ideals and follows them to find their destiny and that is the life for you! And you! And you!"

Galidyd's fingers point at very, very specific people in the crowd that had gathered around him. His hand then rises towards the night sky, the stars seeming to shine brighter when he does so.

"And, my dear friends, I can promise you something, if you follow a life of adventure, of danger and of heroics, then you shall be remembered forever in the stars, for the very act of you passing away will cause a new light to burst in being The greater your deeds, the brighter the star.

Now, if this appeals to you, if a life of excitement and treasure and wonder beckons, then come with me, for I am Galidyd and I am your guide."

With that he steps down from his stand and walks back towards Heroes Rest, awaiting the people that will be arriving, after all, he's seen their fates. The heroes amongst that crowd will someday become some of the greatest the land has known. But until then, they must be trained.

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Lesser Concept: Heroic souls create a star upon death.
    AP: 13 - 1 = 12
    Last edited by Malfunctioned; 2012-08-12 at 08:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Always assume the situation is worse than you're aware. The Doctor replied, rubbing his chin with his tail. Safer that way. Heck, with my luck the king'll be a Blur's mind-slave...
    Free Port

Spoiler
    Show
    The Doctor blinked. ... Wait, the Lycan-immune demigod guy? His eyes narrowed. Smells like trout.

It may take the others a few seconds to realize he means that he's a fishy guy.
    "I suppose that has a better chance of working than trying to blackmail the King. Though I doubt the King is a mind slave, he's still likely to throw us all in prison for treason."
    "Blackmail is treason?"
    "Only if your target is the King. Anyway, it seems we have no other option than to speak to Sir Justin. He is well respected and the King owes him his life."
    Nureen started to check her bags to see if she had all her things.
    "Now, the horses are outside unless someone's stolen them. So, I suggest we get a move on. Or should we sell the horses and book passage on a ship? That might be faster."

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #510

The Dreaming
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I'll make the call then, and it would be fun to go into separate dreams. Could even have some potential for character development.

Kipt finds himself alone in a place that simply should not exist. He walks down a column of shadowy matter similar to the void, but rippling with energy; where the void is empty of life, this strange place is teaming with it. On one side of him are the gods that have ceased to exist. Kipt sees creations of Kiloasa, Isanloff, and others, and gains a certain understanding of the past he would not have had otherwise. They had dreams too, and as they represented an aspect of philosophy, parts of them live on. On another side is the current gods who are producing current dreams. From Gwyn the idealist and Ombra the foil that joined him, to Aqaeris and Lilli who he loved, to the new gods that he didn't know yet. His daughter was among them, and he tried to be as vigilant as possible for insight by watching his friends and acquaintance's dreams, but there were too many. The third side, which should not exist in normal dimensional space consists of things and concepts that baffle Kipt. He figures that they could only be the gods who have not yet been created. The images flickered, faded, moved, and changed almost as if what he saw was selective. Kipt was immune to nightmares, but these were the dreams of another god, not nightmares to him.

He now find himself in a world of technology rampant, and where everyone essentially functions as a slave to the overseers who instruct people how to work, which in turn find themselves slaves to an other. It occurs to Kipt that this is intended to be an alternative version of the future, and that makes him shudder. He takes an odd kind of comfort to know that Ombra would have hated this world even more than he would, that he wasn't so different from his companion after all. Of course, many gods would have hated this world, and it comes down to him questioning to just which god's dream this could be. Kipt realizes that there could only be one god that would dream this, and has to be the other entity in ultimate charge of this world. They had only met once, but Kipt has heard more about him, especially from just seeing all of the dreams of dead gods. He knows the entity of this world to be Merolle, and is able to confront him, knowing this. With golden badge and knowledge of the illusion, Kipt is easily able to disbelieve in this Merolle impersonation, and dispel it. Merolle vanishes, along with the rest of the world. The world fades to nothing, and Kipt glances a man with rotting flesh in an embroidered robe. He knows this must be warlock who has been playing puppet master to his mind, but before he can do anything, he is thrown into another world.

This time, Kipt found himself flying over a long trail of wove peacock feathers. These feathers are soon disbanding, and forming into something more. Figures, people, culture- Kipt walks among them and appreciates the beauty of what he sees. He knows that this world isn't real, but there is something so familiar about it that he needs to try hard to convince himself otherwise. My daughter, Kipt thinks, suddenly coming up with the solution. It saddens him that he had to leave her so soon, and that if he didn't come out of the dreaming alive, she would have to find her own way in the world without ever knowing him. Upon realization, this world vanishes as well, and Kipt once again faces his beguiler. This time he is prepared, and weakens it's hold with the golden badge while attacking it with his obsidian axe. His sadness fuels his assault, and he does away with the warlock.

Kipt returns from his secluded alley of the dreaming to the main part, ready to face the lich. He looks around him for his companions, seeing if they made it out yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure, logically, we should start attacking one at a time since it would take us different amounts of time to get out. Seems like Kipt might well have taken long enough to not be the first person into combat.

Razorpine Forest

Rivra accepts the coat, and covers herself with it. She feels out of place with these people, especially when he had already given her a token that she had no idea what to make of. "I am a Woden," she says meekly. She is timid among these strangers, perhaps even afraid. "I live alone," she replies casually in answer, as if there was nothing abnormal about it. After all, she was not a child as Eom said. "There is a council of Woden that you will want to talk to. I can get you there if you want, but who might you be?"

Hidden Isle

"We are-" Jewel starts, but then pauses, trying to think of the best way to explain what they are. "lost travelers" is what she decides to go with. "I must ask where we've found ourselves now. I think we are a long way from home."