New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Kinda late and poorly written, but who cares?
    Happy Fmas
    Lord Magtok/Rabbit
    Spoiler
    Show

"Maaaaggums. Maaaaagguuuuuummmmsss!" By the sound of the squealing, Magtok estimated he had all of five seconds to duck and hide out of the way before Rabbit came slamming in.
    Not behind the door, that would be the first place she looks.
    Nothing to hid behind against that wall.
    The cloning vats were practically clear, she'd be able to see ri-
    The door opened with a resounding slam again the wall.
    "Hey, Maggy."
    "Darn. Overestimated again."
    "Huh?"
    "Nothing at all. Hi, Rabbit." It was at this moment the cyborg noted the box Rabbit held in her hand, wrapped in brightly colored paper. She flushed slightly, holding it out to him
    "Happy Fmas, Magtok." He blinked, turning away slightly.
    "Fmas?"
    "You know, Fmas? The day Pastafarians celebrate the invention of the egg noodle? She held the box out for him more insistently, and he shrank away from it.
    "Oh, is it that time again? See, about that...er. No thanks. Not big on the whole religious holiday thing." The necromancer's face fell, her arms sinking down to her side. Rabbit looked absolutely dejected, and she turned on her heels and left silently, not even a pout.
    Magtok had turned his cyborgy awesomeness back to whatever he had been doing before, but found he could not seem to focus.
    Rabbit was probably off crying somewhere, or something, clutching his gift to her in some dramatic fashion, like a bad anime.
    ...A gift?
    "Darn."
    And, suddenly, the curiosity got the best of him. Again. He should have known better, he told himself over and over as he followed the path Rabbit had made minutes before. Curiosity had gotten him killed countless times before.
    "Errr, Rabbit? I'm sorry?"
    She grinned at him, her face suddenly alight with joy.
    "Happy Fmas?"
    "Yeah. Happy Fmas." And then she had thrown her arms around him in a tight hug, and Magtok found it increasingly harder to take in air. Awkwardly, he patted her shoulder, and she finally let him go.
    Taking in deep gasps of cool air, Magtok gestured to the box Rabbit still held.
    "I, um, guess I will take that?"
    "Oh, this? There's nothing actually in it. I couldn't figure out anything to give to you, and thought that, you know, the thought is enough."
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-12-26 at 01:48 AM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

*looks through Cue cards muttering the outline* "Meow Shipping Inc... Reinholdt-flavored... quip... quip... self-bashing... quip... several bah humbugs... long... apology for missing anyone... quip... self-bashing... quip... not adding color... really long... enjoy... merry christmas... presents A GitP Christmas... final quip... end." *collapses from writer's exhaustion*

A GitP Christmas
    Reinholdt/O.O
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was Christmas Eve and all the boys and girls were snuggled safely in their beds. Wait a second. *looks at beds* No one’s snuggled in at all! *looks at clock* Oh that would it explain it. It’s too early for that.

Fast scrolling camera zoom shift power activate!

It was early Christmas Eve and all the last minute shoppers were out and about. Into the mall we go, where child after child lined up to see Santa Clause stretched to and fro.

Of course, Reinholdt wasn’t very happy about being designated Santa Clause this year, but things happen.

Up stepped little Almighty Salmon. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I’d like a new aquarium.”
    “Alright.” Reinholdt reaches into his magic sack and pulls out a new aquarium. Salmon, too excited jumps in. He then realizes it’s several sizes too small and half of him is hanging comically out of the bowl. “Er, sorry about that. Next!”

Baby Banjo1985 comes up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a new puppet and a banjo and a Mr. ‘thulu and…”
    “Ok, ok.” Reinholdt bulls out banjothulu. “How about all three?” Of course, when the tentacle starts trying to wrap around his hand, he shoves it at the kid and practically tosses Banjo off of him. “Um… yeah… next!”

Kiddie Castaras was next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna an Exachix!”
    Reinholdt pulls out a lynch rope which has the dead fox at the end. Castaras immediately starts bawling. “Alright who lynched Exachix?! Aw geez… Next!”

Mini Christine Meyers steps up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I’d like to be in my normal form for just a little while. Girls have cooties.”
    Reinholdt waves his hand, and where once was a little girl, now there was a little cat. “Um. Here’s some catnip. Next!”

Itty CurlyKitGirl came next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “A dwabble.”
    “A what?”
    “A dwabble.”
    “Er…” Reinholdt hands her a scrabble board. “There you go.” He carefully puts her down, ignoring protests. “Next!”

Little dallas-dakota headed up. “And what would you…”
    “COOKIES!!!”
    …. dallas-dakota got a box full of cookies. It was gone by the time the next person arrived.

Baby deathslayer7 jumps up, broom in hand. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a bwoom!”
    Reinholdt looks at her confused. “But you already have a broom.”
    *WHACK!* “I WANT A BWOOM!!”
    “Ok! Ok! Here! Just don’t hit me.”
    “Thank you Mr. Santy Clause.” deathslayer takes her broom and walks away.
    “Geez. Next!”

A small Destro Yersul sits in Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Oh nothing. I just wanted to sit in your lap. Have a Merry Christmas Santa Clause!” He hops down.
    “Right. I love the easy ones. Next!”

A mini Dirk Kris moves up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna start a band!”
    “Oh. Not a problem.” Reinholdt pulls out a strip of paper. “Here. Fold it like this see, and glue it here and you have a band. Don’t look at me like that. You can always upgrade to cloth or felt bands next year. Next!”

Baby Dragon Rider came up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I would like the complete autographed works of William Shakespeare sir.”
    Reinholdt just stares, then pulls out a book of William Shakespeare’s plays. Each piece is autographed by William Shatner.
    “But sir, I…”
    “NEXT!”

Miniature Ego Slayer walks up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a B-Kachu!”
    “Alright kid.” Reinholdt hands Ego Slayer a pokeball. She gasps and presses the button to open it. Inside is a B-Kachu, quite dead from suffocation. “Hmm. I knew I forgot to put air holes in that thing.” Ego’s eyes tear up and she runs away crying. “Erm… Next!”

FF Fanbaby is next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a live action Vincent!”
    Reinholdt pulls out an action figure that looks exactly like Vincent. The doll then looks around. “Where is Lucrecia?”
    “Oh sorry kid. Guess you got an alive action figure instead.”
    Vincent jumps down and starts running across the mall, leaping in ninja style and shooting at things randomly. FF Fanbaby follows close behind. “YAAAAYYYY!!”
    “Right… next!”

Tiny Ganurath hops up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want the slivers out of my Orzhov!”
    “Er… um… riiiight.” Reinholdt, having no clue, hands him to a nearby elf. “Psst. Get him to a doctor. I think he might have worms or something. Next!”

Itty Happyturtle sits in Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Happy holds up some Misletoe. “You know what I want.”
    Reinholdt blushes and adjusts his collar. “Umm. Here.” He pulls out a turtle and gives it to Happy, rapidly trying to get her off. Happy pouts and storms off after FF Fanbaby, cornering him and teaching him life lessons about kissing. “Next!”

Baby Helgraf wandered up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Minds a wander, things a sunder, life’s a blunder, give me thunder.”
    “……. Here’s a gift card. Next!”

Little Inigo Montoya crawls up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
    “What?! hold on a second…”
    “I know something you don’t. I am not left-handed.”
    “Wait, what?”
    “I do not think that word means what you think it means.”
    ….. “Here’s a jawbreaker kid. Knock yourself out. Next!”

A floating miniature Kaelaroth comes up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I would LIKE THE END OF ALL THINGS a puppy.”
    “Why is it always on Christmas that… here.” Kaela gets Cerberus, which promptly wags its tail and woofs in delight. “Next!”

Tiny Korith walks up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Korith says nothing, just handing Santa a piece of paper, presumably a list. He then gets up and walks away.
    “Wait! Don’t you want me to give you something on here. What’s on here anyways? I prepared explos—” *BOOM!* Reinholdt looks pretty singed. He coughs, black smoke coming out of his mouth. “…Next.”

An infant pixie, Lex-kat, flies in. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want what he got, but a Chihuahua.”
    “Is that even? Nevermind.” Reinholdt pulls out a three-headed, baby Chihuahua and hands it to Lex, who runs off with it yipping for joy. “Next!”

A small Prince Fullbladder steps up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a transformer!”
    “Is that it? Finally an easy one.” Reinholdt hands the kid an electrical transformer box. He ignores the kid’s protests. “Don’t shock yourself. Next!”

Young Ghost Warlock floated into Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    GW just stares at Reinholdt creepily and hands him an origami figure of Santa Clause being trampled by reindeer, then walks away.
    “I hate my job.” He sets aside the figure. “Next!”

A tiny Prince Magtok was next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna a wair wuitable to my pwans for world dwomination!”
    “Um. Here.” Reinholdt pulls out the deed to the North Pole and hands it to him not knowing the doom it will cause. Magtok grabs it eagerly “And learn how to talk straight! No one’s going to think you’re scary like that. Next!”

Little Mangosta came next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want to be the greatest assassin in the world.”
    “Here’s what you do. Start up a major corporation. Get big. Then start only hiring part-time workers for menial jobs designed to crush their spirit. You’ll kill more people by suicide than you could possibly do as an assassin.”
    “Yay! I’m a major corporation! Yay!” Mangosta jumps down and walks away plotting.
    Reinholdt stares after him wondering just exactly what he’s done… “Next!”

Baby Mauve Shirt jumps up into Reinholdt’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna be a main character!”
    “Er… sorry kid. No way I’m giving up my screen time. Besides, this is serious business and even main characters die. But here, have this blaster instead.” He hands the little kid a powerful killing tool. “Next!”

Mini Mordokai climbs up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Mmmmmm…. I wanna help people and Rule the land with an iron fist!” Mordokai’s face got dark suddenly as his face shifted from beaming innocence to pure hatred.
    Reinholdt shifts, trying to back up a bit. “Of course. Here.” He gives Mordokai an iron gauntlet. “And, uh, go play over there, near that policeman, ok? Next!”

A baby skeleton, Player Zero, lands in Santa Reinholdt’s lap and Reinholdt practically jumps. “Uh, And, uh, what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Pfft. Like I need anything from you I can’t get from Math. I just wanted to see if you were easily startled.” Player Zero climbs down and walks away.
    “Okay then…. Next!”

A little RabbitHoleLost makes her way up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want SNUGGLES!!” She grasps Reinholdt Clause close to her and starts rubbing her head on his suit. “Oh and a lich butler.”
    “Here, here, he’s all yours!” Reinholdt pulls out Solmuel and hands him to her. Rabbit squeals and clasps Solmuel very closely, leading him away looking like he just had his mortgage foreclosed. “Next!”

A very small Raistlin steps in. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    He just smiles and points after Rabbit.
    Reinholdt grins. “I see. But I can’t just give her to you. Gotta earn it yourself. Here.” Reinholdt hands him a guitar and an engagement ring. “These are what you need. Now go on. Good luck. Next!”

Goodman Nil, still too young to be a Saint, climbs up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want Peace on Earth.”
    “Hmm. Shouldn’t be too hard. Done.” Reinholdt creates Peace on Earth.
    Goodman Nil looks around. “But nothing happened.”
    “Well not here of course. This isn’t Earth. It’s not even close. It’s a story within a setting that’s very much not Earth. I’m sure all the Earth people will enjoy it, though. Next!”

Mini Slayer Draco gets up in Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    The little hedgehog looks up at him. Hedgehogs can’t talk silly. Especially baby ones. Ignore the paradox where Reinholdt is a talking Santa Cat. Ignore it I say!
    “Next!”

A Tiny TwoBitWriter makes his way into Reinholdt's lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    "I want a friend!"
    Reinholdt pulls out Cristo cat, not entirely sure how it got there. "Here. This'll do. Just don't feed it after midnight. Next!"

Pup Wolfbane leaps into Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want to go on zany henchman related adventures with you!”
    “Sorry. Can’t. We died with very little screen-time, remember?”
    “Oh. Well then I’ll just take a strange looking glowing baton I can kill people with.”
    “Here you go, then. Next!”

Wee Zar Peter was next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I would like proof squid bones are real!”
    Reinholdt hands Zar a scientific study to prove squid bones are real. “There you go and you…” He’s interrupted as itty CurlyKitGirl pushes her way back up out of nowhere, tossing aside her scrabble board.
    “No way Santa! I want something else! I want iwwevicable pwoof that squid bones are fake!” She glares at Zar who glares back.
    “Uh…” Reinholdt looks back and forth between the two. “Well here you go.” He hands Curly a controversial new study that proves squid bones aren’t real. “Well, uh, good luck with that kids.” Curly and Zar go off arguing which scientific study was more accurate. “Next!”

A baby Seraph, scowling, dressed quite properly in a suit, tie, and shoes, and even carrying a small attaché case, steps up, but doesn’t sit in Reinholdt’s lap. “Er…And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Pulling out some papers, he puts them in front of Reinholdt. “First you must sign these forms, here, here, and here stating that you are indeed the real Santa Clause. Then you must sign these forms in triplicate which prevent you from producing any presents that could harm me or these other children, finally you must…” SurlySeraph never got to finish his sentence as he pushed out of the way by Vespe, papers flying everywhere.

Reinholdt just blinks a bit. “Sooo... what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want that sack of presents you keep pulling stuff out of, duh!”
    Reinholdt blinks. Then hands it over. Inside Vespe found a Tardis among other things. Realizing this means freedom, he stands up and cheers. Running out the mall and far far away from any kids.

And cake was had by all.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-26 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

He Probably Won't Get A Funeral.

starring Reinholdt, Happy, Rabbit, and Draco
    Spoiler
    Show

Reinholdt grabbed Draco by the hair.

Do you know what pain feels like? he asked her, and pulled her hair sharply up.

She gave a quick cry of pain, but stopped herself from any more escaping. Then at that moment, Happy charged into him sideways, sending them both sprawling to the ground. Reinholdt used his weight to his advantage and immediately got on top of Happy, grinning down at her.

His glory was short lived as a boot connected to his face, and Rabbit sent him flying. She helped Happy up as Reinholdt got up himself. He wiped away the blood that was trickling down his mouth.

For being ladies, you three sure are violent. he said, smiling slightly.

Rabbit smirked at him, as Happy and Draco glared. Reinholdt started talking again. I was sent down here to do with you as I please, but I hadn't expected this much resistance. Frankly, it's starting to annoy me. Shall we up the ante? With that, Reinholdt withdrew a knife fromhis pocket, and twirled it in his fingers.

Although I find it unfair to leave you three defenseless. That would just be boring. With that, he casually tossed the knife at their feet. It clattered to the floor, but no one moved to pick it up.

Take it. Reinholdt motioned with his hands. No one moved. Take it! he yelled this time and the three only flnched back at his unexpected anger. If you won't take it Reinholdt said, drawing his sword. then prepare to die.

He lunged at Happy, who was in the middle, who quickly darted back. Rabbit and Draco came at him from the side, but Reinholdt aimed his sword at Rabbit, who barely avoided it, and a boot to Draco, who went stumbling back.

He kicked the knife over to Happy. Take it. he said once more. Slowly, she bent down and picked it up.

There's a good girl.

With that, he lunged Happy, who blocked the blade with the knife. Reinholdt's face came within millimeters of hers. Do you know how to use a knife? he asked her, but didn't expect a response. It's easy really. All you have to do is stab them in the stomach and pull up. Killis them in minutes, if not instantly.

Reinholdt moved back a step and let the sword off of Happy. He then held out his arms. Do it. he said, grinning at her. She didn't move. He reached out and grabbed Rabbit, and put his sword point to her flesh. Do it Happy. If you want to save your friend's life.

Happy's hand trembled. Come on Happy! Do It! DO IT!! Reinholdt yelled at her.

With that, Happy thrust the knife out at Reinholdt. It hit him in the stomach, but she didn't pull up.

Reinholdt tossed Rabbit aside. A wound like that will hurt for a while, but it won't kill anyone Happy. You're weak. You don't have what it takes to kill. Such a shame. He grabbed her wrist and slowly pulled the knife out, blood spilling down its side. Such a shame Happy. Such a shame.

He took the knife from her, and tossed it into the darkness. He then grabbed her and pointed the sword on her flesh, drawing blood at the point Well Happy. What do we do now? I had my fun, and I'm starting to get bored with you three.

Happy struggled against him, but Reinholdt held her close. Say something. Your boring me, and when I get bored, bad things happen.

Go to hell Reinholdt! she said, and spat in his face.

Reinholdt looked at her, his face cold. Goodbye Happy.

An urgggh. noise sounded in the room, as Reinholdt collapsed. Draco stood behind him, with the dagger implanted in his kidney.

enjoy Reinholdt. No more cliffhangers.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-26 at 02:06 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Colossus in the Playground

Finally finished that mega-fic Loved the understanding-the-madman (I always have had her being at least a touch insane), bit disappointed with the "Protect her!", "Oh noes, I are sad'n'defenseless ", but still awesome

Ego's angry at me?

Now to look for others...

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Rabbit- Was hilarious Rabbit. Absolutely hilarious. I loved it.

@ deathslayer- I, uh, I don't like the title. *reads* O.O I are crazy. And I wanted to die? That sounds more like Calublufiok. But I'm Calublufiok...

Well written, even if you show my scary beast caged deep within. *holds down* No! No coming out! I am afraid of you!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Yaaaay, Christmas ship.
    Yaaay, I got snuggles =)

— Iain S. Thomas

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

nicely done Reinholt.

but baby deathslayer asks for a feather duster, not a broom.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    nicely done Reinholt.

but baby deathslayer asks for a feather duster, not a broom.

Live with it. I got whacked for that!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Live with it. I got whacked for that!
    keeps quiet.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

“Is that even? Nevermind.” Reinholdt pulls out a three-headed, baby Chihuahua and hands it to Lex, who runs off with it yipping for joy. “Next!”
    I loved my wish.

Great fic, DS7.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

*looks through Cue cards muttering the outline* "Meow Shipping Inc... Reinholdt-flavored... quip... quip... self-bashing... quip... several bah humbugs... long... apology for missing anyone... quip... self-bashing... quip... not adding color... really long... enjoy... merry christmas... presents A GitP Christmas... final quip... end." *collapses from writer's exhaustion*

A GitP Christmas
    Reinholdt/O.O
    Spoiler
    Show
    *excessive win snipped*
    Reinholdt, you are the awesomeist kitty in the playground. Great job!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #912
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thumbs up for Reinholdt! Great work. Thank you for all the effort.

* Goes off quarreling with Curly *

And they really exist! My mother told me...
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Finally finished that mega-fic Loved the understanding-the-madman (I always have had her being at least a touch insane), bit disappointed with the "Protect her!", "Oh noes, I are sad'n'defenseless ", but still awesome

Ego's angry at me?

Now to look for others...
    I wasn't too happy with that either, Serpy. I was pretty much constantly looking for ways to get rid of that part of the character, but never could figure out something that would make any sense ("I've been training for a week, eat your heart out Zorro!")

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

Monster Rabbit/Turtle backstory part 3
    with Midnight Son

Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbit was miserable in her new home. Combat practice was the worst. As a beginner, she wasn't doing more than just basic exercises designed to improve her strength and balance, but her sister was in the advanced class. The Raven thing taught that class, and he was even more brutal than she could have imagined. There were no pulled punches in his class. Bones were broken, joints dislocated, children beaten to bloody unconsciousness, and then healed so that lessons could continue. And Happy, the youngest and smallest member of the advanced class, seemed to be singled out for the most abuse. Rabbit couldn't understand why, in spite of this, her stupid sister seemed utterly devoted to her monstrous Uncle Raven. And when he wasn't injuring her, Raven doted on his niece.

Her so-called father was suffocating. Midnight Son wanted her to call him 'father', to talk about her mother, to be friends with her sister. The Raven thing was a monster. The only person that she could stand to be around was her step-mother. Yvette never tried to tell her to cheer up, or force her to socialize with anyone. Rabbit could sit and drink tea with Yvette without any stupid questions about how she was doing or how she liked the tribe or whether she and her sister were getting along. Best of all, Yvette had given her a pet--a hooded rat she'd named Chester. Chester rode on her shoulder or in her pocket and went with her everywhere, and somehow that made it more bearable to be in this horrible place.

Raven was aware that she hated and feared him. It pained him, but he didn't interfere. Yvette's kindness to the child was far more worrying. He hadn't expected his sister to accept Miranda's child. Had she treated Rabbit with coldness and comtempt he would have been greatly relieved. But this special effort to become close to her could mean nothing good.

In the years since he had driven Miranda from the clan for her own safety, Raven had studied herbalism to try and counter anything his sister might try in future. So when he examined the tea that Yvette was seriving to the child, he recognized the combination of poisons that had killed Rabbit's mother.

He threw out the tea and replaced it with tea from the storeroom that was uncontaminated. But it wasn't enough. He knew that Yvette would never stop. He had promised Miranda to keep Rabbit safe. So he followed his sister into the woods one day when she went to gather herbs. People went missing sometimes in the forest. They would search, but he was sure she would never be found.

He hadn't counted on necromancy. Didn't know that the little girl he had killed to protect was drawn to the dead and they to her. And a few days after her disappearance, Rabbit looked up to see Yvette before her.

All Happy knew was that her mother was missing and believed dead. She grieved as Rabbit had grieved for Miranda--perhaps the only thing the sisters had in common. But it was enough to lay a foundation, and love and friendship between them grew in time.

But Rabbit never told her sister that she had spoken to Yvette after she died, had learned the name of her killer, and had undertaken the exertion of digging a grave to lay her stepmother to rest. She never told Happy that her Uncle Raven was a monster.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, reindholdt is indeed win.
    I loved the Exachic lynch joke, and you got my present exactly.... =D
    Edit: Nice one happy as usual. Now if I could only get you to write Ship wars again!
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-12-26 at 07:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    with Midnight Son

Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbit was miserable in her new home. Combat practice was the worst. As a beginner, she wasn't doing more than just basic exercises designed to improve her strength and balance, but her sister was in the advanced class. The Raven thing taught that class, and he was even more brutal than she could have imagined. There were no pulled punches in his class. Bones were broken, joints dislocated, children beaten to bloody unconsciousness, and then healed so that lessons could continue. And Happy, the youngest and smallest member of the advanced class, seemed to be singled out for the most abuse. Rabbit couldn't understand why, in spite of this, her stupid sister seemed utterly devoted to her monstrous Uncle Raven. And when he wasn't injuring her, Raven doted on his niece.

Her so-called father was suffocating. Midnight Son wanted her to call him 'father', to talk about her mother, to be friends with her sister. The Raven thing was a monster. The only person that she could stand to be around was her step-mother. Yvette never tried to tell her to cheer up, or force her to socialize with anyone. Rabbit could sit and drink tea with Yvette without any stupid questions about how she was doing or how she liked the tribe or whether she and her sister were getting along. Best of all, Yvette had given her a pet--a hooded rat she'd named Chester. Chester rode on her shoulder or in her pocket and went with her everywhere, and somehow that made it more bearable to be in this horrible place.

Raven was aware that she hated and feared him. It pained him, but he didn't interfere. Yvette's kindness to the child was far more worrying. He hadn't expected his sister to accept Miranda's child. Had she treated Rabbit with coldness and comtempt he would have been greatly relieved. But this special effort to become close to her could mean nothing good.

In the years since he had driven Miranda from the clan for her own safety, Raven had studied herbalism to try and counter anything his sister might try in future. So when he examined the tea that Yvette was seriving to the child, he recognized the combination of poisons that had killed Rabbit's mother.

He threw out the tea and replaced it with tea from the storeroom that was uncontaminated. But it wasn't enough. He knew that Yvette would never stop. He had promised Miranda to keep Rabbit safe. So he followed his sister into the woods one day when she went to gather herbs. People went missing sometimes in the forest. They would search, but he was sure she would never be found.

He hadn't counted on necromancy. Didn't know that the little girl he had killed to protect was drawn to the dead and they to her. And a few days after her disappearance, Rabbit looked up to see Yvette before her.

All Happy knew was that her mother was missing and believed dead. She grieved as Rabbit had grieved for Miranda--perhaps the only thing the sisters had in common. But it was enough to lay a foundation, and love and friendship between them grew in time.

But Rabbit never told her sister that she had spoken to Yvette after she died, had learned the name of her killer, and had undertaken the exertion of digging a grave to lay her stepmother to rest. She never told Happy that her Uncle Raven was a monster.
    That gave me some chills. Well written Happy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

A GitP Christmas
    Reinholdt/O.O
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was Christmas Eve and all the boys and girls were snuggled safely in their beds. Wait a second. *looks at beds* No one’s snuggled in at all! *looks at clock* Oh that would it explain it. It’s too early for that.

Fast scrolling camera zoom shift power activate!

It was early Christmas Eve and all the last minute shoppers were out and about. Into the mall we go, where child after child lined up to see Santa Clause stretched to and fro.

Of course, Reinholdt wasn’t very happy about being designated Santa Clause this year, but things happen.

Up stepped little Almighty Salmon. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I’d like a new aquarium.”
    “Alright.” Reinholdt reaches into his magic sack and pulls out a new aquarium. Salmon, too excited jumps in. He then realizes it’s several sizes too small and half of him is hanging comically out of the bowl. “Er, sorry about that. Next!”

Baby Banjo1985 comes up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a new puppet and a banjo and a Mr. ‘thulu and…”
    “Ok, ok.” Reinholdt bulls out banjothulu. “How about all three?” Of course, when the tentacle starts trying to wrap around his hand, he shoves it at the kid and practically tosses Banjo off of him. “Um… yeah… next!”

Kiddie Castaras was next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna an Exachix!”
    Reinholdt pulls out a lynch rope which has the dead fox at the end. Castaras immediately starts bawling. “Alright who lynched Exachix?! Aw geez… Next!”

Mini Christine Meyers steps up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I’d like to be in my normal form for just a little while. Girls have cooties.”
    Reinholdt waves his hand, and where once was a little girl, now there was a little cat. “Um. Here’s some catnip. Next!”

Itty CurlyKitGirl came next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “A dwabble.”
    “A what?”
    “A dwabble.”
    “Er…” Reinholdt hands her a scrabble board. “There you go.” He carefully puts her down, ignoring protests. “Next!”

Little dallas-dakota headed up. “And what would you…”
    “COOKIES!!!”
    …. dallas-dakota got a box full of cookies. It was gone by the time the next person arrived.

Baby deathslayer7 jumps up, broom in hand. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a bwoom!”
    Reinholdt looks at her confused. “But you already have a broom.”
    *WHACK!* “I WANT A BWOOM!!”
    “Ok! Ok! Here! Just don’t hit me.”
    “Thank you Mr. Santy Clause.” deathslayer takes her broom and walks away.
    “Geez. Next!”

A small Destro Yersul sits in Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Oh nothing. I just wanted to sit in your lap. Have a Merry Christmas Santa Clause!” He hops down.
    “Right. I love the easy ones. Next!”

A mini Dirk Kris moves up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna start a band!”
    “Oh. Not a problem.” Reinholdt pulls out a strip of paper. “Here. Fold it like this see, and glue it here and you have a band. Don’t look at me like that. You can always upgrade to cloth or felt bands next year. Next!”

Baby Dragon Rider came up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I would like the complete autographed works of William Shakespeare sir.”
    Reinholdt just stares, then pulls out a book of William Shakespeare’s plays. Each piece is autographed by William Shatner.
    “But sir, I…”
    “NEXT!”

Miniature Ego Slayer walks up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a B-Kachu!”
    “Alright kid.” Reinholdt hands Ego Slayer a pokeball. She gasps and presses the button to open it. Inside is a B-Kachu, quite dead from suffocation. “Hmm. I knew I forgot to put air holes in that thing.” Ego’s eyes tear up and she runs away crying. “Erm… Next!”

FF Fanbaby is next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a live action Vincent!”
    Reinholdt pulls out an action figure that looks exactly like Vincent. The doll then looks around. “Where is Lucrecia?”
    “Oh sorry kid. Guess you got an alive action figure instead.”
    Vincent jumps down and starts running across the mall, leaping in ninja style and shooting at things randomly. FF Fanbaby follows close behind. “YAAAAYYYY!!”
    “Right… next!”

Tiny Ganurath hops up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want the slivers out of my Orzhov!”
    “Er… um… riiiight.” Reinholdt, having no clue, hands him to a nearby elf. “Psst. Get him to a doctor. I think he might have worms or something. Next!”

Itty Happyturtle sits in Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Happy holds up some Misletoe. “You know what I want.”
    Reinholdt blushes and adjusts his collar. “Umm. Here.” He pulls out a turtle and gives it to Happy, rapidly trying to get her off. Happy pouts and storms off after FF Fanbaby, cornering him and teaching him life lessons about kissing. “Next!”

Baby Helgraf wandered up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Minds a wander, things a sunder, life’s a blunder, give me thunder.”
    “……. Here’s a gift card. Next!”

Little Inigo Montoya crawls up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
    “What?! hold on a second…”
    “I know something you don’t. I am not left-handed.”
    “Wait, what?”
    “I do not think that word means what you think it means.”
    ….. “Here’s a jawbreaker kid. Knock yourself out. Next!”

A floating miniature Kaelaroth comes up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I would LIKE THE END OF ALL THINGS a puppy.”
    “Why is it always on Christmas that… here.” Kaela gets Cerberus, which promptly wags its tail and woofs in delight. “Next!”

Tiny Korith walks up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Korith says nothing, just handing Santa a piece of paper, presumably a list. He then gets up and walks away.
    “Wait! Don’t you want me to give you something on here. What’s on here anyways? I prepared explos—” *BOOM!* Reinholdt looks pretty singed. He coughs, black smoke coming out of his mouth. “…Next.”

A small Prince Fullbladder steps up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want a transformer!”
    “Is that it? Finally an easy one.” Reinholdt hands the kid an electrical transformer box. He ignores the kid’s protests. “Don’t shock yourself. Next!”

Young Ghost Warlock floated into Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    GW just stares at Reinholdt creepily and hands him an origami figure of Santa Clause being trampled by reindeer, then walks away.
    “I hate my job.” He sets aside the figure. “Next!”

A tiny Prince Magtok was next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna a wair wuitable to my pwans for world dwomination!”
    “Um. Here.” Reinholdt pulls out the deed to the North Pole and hands it to him not knowing the doom it will cause. Magtok grabs it eagerly “And learn how to talk straight! No one’s going to think you’re scary like that. Next!”

Little Mangosta came next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want to be the greatest assassin in the world.”
    “Here’s what you do. Start up a major corporation. Get big. Then start only hiring part-time workers for menial jobs designed to crush their spirit. You’ll kill more people by suicide than you could possibly do as an assassin.”
    “Yay! I’m a major corporation! Yay!” Mangosta jumps down and walks away plotting.
    Reinholdt stares after him wondering just exactly what he’s done… “Next!”

Baby Mauve Shirt jumps up into Reinholdt’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I wanna be a main character!”
    “Er… sorry kid. No way I’m giving up my screen time. Besides, this is serious business and even main characters die. But here, have this blaster instead.” He hands the little kid a powerful killing tool. “Next!”

Mini Mordokai climbs up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Mmmmmm…. I wanna help people and Rule the land with an iron fist!” Mordokai’s face got dark suddenly as his face shifted from beaming innocence to pure hatred.
    Reinholdt shifts, trying to back up a bit. “Of course. Here.” He gives Mordokai an iron gauntlet. “And, uh, go play over there, near that policeman, ok? Next!”

A baby skeleton, Player Zero, lands in Santa Reinholdt’s lap and Reinholdt practically jumps. “Uh, And, uh, what would you like this Christmas?”
    “Pfft. Like I need anything from you I can’t get from Math. I just wanted to see if you were easily startled.” Player Zero climbs down and walks away.
    “Okay then…. Next!”

A little RabbitHoleLost makes her way up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want SNUGGLES!!” She grasps Reinholdt Clause close to her and starts rubbing her head on his suit. “Oh and a lich butler.”
    “Here, here, he’s all yours!” Reinholdt pulls out Solmuel and hands him to her. Rabbit squeals and clasps Solmuel very closely, leading him away looking like he just had his mortgage foreclosed. “Next!”

A very small Raistlin steps in. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    He just smiles and points after Rabbit.
    Reinholdt grins. “I see. But I can’t just give her to you. Gotta earn it yourself. Here.” Reinholdt hands him a guitar and an engagement ring. “These are what you need. Now go on. Good luck. Next!”

Goodman Nil, still too young to be a Saint, climbs up. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want Peace on Earth.”
    “Hmm. Shouldn’t be too hard. Done.” Reinholdt creates Peace on Earth.
    Goodman Nil looks around. “But nothing happened.”
    “Well not here of course. This isn’t Earth. It’s not even close. It’s a story within a setting that’s very much not Earth. I’m sure all the Earth people will enjoy it, though. Next!”

Mini Slayer Draco gets up in Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    The little hedgehog looks up at him. Hedgehogs can’t talk silly. Especially baby ones. Ignore the paradox where Reinholdt is a talking Santa Cat. Ignore it I say!
    “Next!”

A Tiny TwoBitWriter makes his way into Reinholdt's lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    "I want a friend!"
    Reinholdt pulls out Cristo cat, not entirely sure how it got there. "Here. This'll do. Just don't feed it after midnight. Next!"

Pup Wolfbane leaps into Santa’s lap. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want to go on zany henchman related adventures with you!”
    “Sorry. Can’t. We died with very little screen-time, remember?”
    “Oh. Well then I’ll just take a strange looking glowing baton I can kill people with.”
    “Here you go, then. Next!”

Wee Zar Peter was next. “And what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I would like proof squid bones are real!”
    Reinholdt hands Zar a scientific study to prove squid bones are real. “There you go and you…” He’s interrupted as itty CurlyKitGirl pushes her way back up out of nowhere, tossing aside her scrabble board.
    “No way Santa! I want something else! I want iwwevicable pwoof that squid bones are fake!” She glares at Zar who glares back.
    “Uh…” Reinholdt looks back and forth between the two. “Well here you go.” He hands Curly a controversial new study that proves squid bones aren’t real. “Well, uh, good luck with that kids.” Curly and Zar go off arguing which scientific study was more accurate. “Next!”

A baby Seraph, scowling, dressed quite properly in a suit, tie, and shoes, and even carrying a small attaché case, steps up, but doesn’t sit in Reinholdt’s lap. “Er…And what would you like this Christmas?”
    Pulling out some papers, he puts them in front of Reinholdt. “First you must sign these forms, here, here, and here stating that you are indeed the real Santa Clause. Then you must sign these forms in triplicate which prevent you from producing any presents that could harm me or these other children, finally you must…” SurlySeraph never got to finish his sentence as he pushed out of the way by Vespe, papers flying everywhere.

Reinholdt just blinks a bit. “Sooo... what would you like this Christmas?”
    “I want that sack of presents you keep pulling stuff out of, duh!”
    Reinholdt blinks. Then hands it over. Inside Vespe found a Tardis among other things. Realizing this means freedom, he stands up and cheers. Running out the mall and far far away from any kids.

And cake was had by all.
    D'aww. You killed B-Kachu. ... xD
    That was awesome nonetheless. I giggled much. Very nice job!

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Live Forever: Brandi/Blake (Dirk/Raist)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blake's phone alarm sounded loudly, jolting him from his sleep. It was odd, usually he was a light sleeper, but alarms nearly never worked, so he had taken to keeping his phone on through the night, and keeping it inside a pillow so when it went off right near his ear, it's be impossible to ignore, especially since he would have to dig inside the pillowcase to pick out the damn thing. Sticking a hand inside to pull out the phone, and pressing the button to silence the noise, Blake sat up, rubbing at his eyes. 5:01. Generally, that was considered early for one to be up, especially if the person in question went usually went to bed between 11PM and 2AM, but Blake was one of those people that could go long periods of time without sleep.

Blake looked around the room. His roommate, Vespe, was already up, reading Wikipedia on his laptop from the couch. Standing up, and gathering some clean clothes from the dresser, he looked over. Whatcha looking at? Stuff. Blake rolled his eyes, heading into the bathroom to take a shower. After finishing his morning ritual, showering, brushing his teeth, shaving, getting dressed, ect, he went out to the apartment kitchen, where Vespe was already eating a Pop-Tart. Hey, you're coming to the show tonight, yeah? Bass got fixed? I need to call Moff if it's not. Vespe shook his head. No, it's fixed. I get off work early too, so I'll be there to set up. Cool. Blake grabbed a pan and started making himself some eggs.

Hey, isn't that...that thing today? Vespe asked. Blake frowned.What thing? You know, the thing. Vespe, what thing? Vespe frowned, thinking. The...the...the thing with the ring! Oh, yeah. I'm picking it up before the show. Gonna do it? Uh, yeah. That's what you said last time. And the time before. Yes but see, I actually GOT a ring this time. Doesn't mean you won't hide it somewhere and try to forget about it. Blake scowled. Listen, I'm going to do it, alright? I just want everything to be perfect. Taking another bite of his Pop-Tart, Vespe shrugged. Alright, whatever you say. Better get going, you're going to be late for work. Glancing at his watch, Blake frowned. Damnit. He grabbed his coat, his wallet, and his phone and dashed out the apartment door, going down the three floors, and catching the bus downtown.

He stepped through the the doors of GuitarWorld, grabbing a form and a pen. He walked to the backroom, and began to take inventory. Three Gibson V Factors...check, seven Fender Stratocasters...check, two Line 6 GuitarPorts...there's one...and the other is... While looking for the misplaced equipment, his phone went off. Technically, phones were supposed to be off during work hours, but in the backroom, no one could hear him anyway. Closing the door, Blake put the phone to his ear. Hello? Hey babe, it's Brandi. Blake smiled. Hey, what's up? Not much, just wanted to talk to you. Bad time? Nah, just working. We're still on for tonight, right? Of course we are! I wouldn't miss your show for the world. Great. Look, I should probably get back to work, manager's in a bad mood, if I don't finish, he might make me stay late. Ok, I love you. I love you too, bye. Bye. The phone went silent, and Blake stuffed it in his pocket.

Work was a boring 12-hour affair, swamped with mindless catalouging, working with customers who wanted to return their holiday gifts, and weren't particularly polite about it, and the ill-tempered manager. Right as the clockhand hit 6, Blake grabbed his guitar out of the employee lounge and split, catching a bus. He got off in the middle of the city, and walked into the jewelry store, exiting a few moments later with a small box tucked into his pocket. He went to the club, where Vespe and Randy were waiting. Hey guys. Hey. Hey. Everything set? Yeah. Good. Blake unpacked his guitar and went onstage, followed by Vespe with his bass, and Randy at the drums. Blake looked out into the audience. Pretty good-sized, and Brandi was there, a few rows back, smiling at him. He smiled back, adjusting the microphone.

Hello everyone, welcome to the show. Thanks for coming, it's much appreciated. We'd like to start off with an Oasis song, Live Forever, we hope you all enjoy it. Thank you. Randy began drumming, and the show kicked off. Singing and playing his guitar, Blake made a point to look at as many fans as he could, establishing a personal connection. His eyes went back to Brandi's each time though, as if he sang only for her. After an hour or so, they finished, and the crowd slowly filtered out. Blake put down his guitar and hopped off the stage. Brandi ran up to him, hugging him. You were so good! She exclaimed, kissing his cheek. Thanks, love. Blake looked back. There were a few people still around, Vespe and Randy were at the bar, ect. He looked back to Brandi. Hey babe, let's get out of here. He held out his hand, and Brandi took it, their fingers interlocking.

They walked outside the club, into the snow, and sat down on a grassy hill, under a tree, the hill untouched by the snowfall. Blake reached into his pocket, his fingers clasping around the box. Uh, Brandi? She turned her head, looking at him. Yeah Blake? Mm, I was... Damn, this could NOT be happening. He'd mentally prepared. He knew exactly what he was going to say. He couldn't possibly be getting tongue tied, not now. He mentally groaned. I was wondering...if you would... He took a deep breath, pulling out the box from his pants pocket, flicking it open, revealing a white gold ring, inset with an emerald. Willyoumarryme? He said quickly. Though his words were slurred together, Brandi knew exactly what he meant.

Not wanting to make her obviously nervous boyfriend experience agonizing waiting, Brandi threw her arms around him, nuzzling against him, her lips right next to his ear. Of course Blake. Really? He said. Yes, love, of course I'll marry you. She drew back, holding her hand out, smiling. Blake plucked the ring from the box, and gently slid it onto Brandi's waiting finger. They looked towards each other with admiring eyes. Slowly, Blake leaned forward, pressing his lips lightly to Brandi's. I love you. I love you too.
    Huh, didn't turn out so good. Damn.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2008-12-27 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

19. - Top - End - #919

Hey everyone. Back from my Grandma's.

@Deathslayer7: That was AWESOME.

*looks over to Reinholdt* ... Nothing personal, man. >.>

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    with Midnight Son

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Goodness, Turtle. Raven is awesome. You can hate him, and love him. He tortures Turtle, to make her stronger, yet imbues her with pride for her clan.

He protects Rabbit's mother and Rabbit, but kills Yvette, his own daughter, to do so.

Great job.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Raistlin- Nonsense. It was very sweet. It's about time we had an actual proper ship around here.

@ Slayer Well I can't really be mad. When a psycho character asks to die, they're either doomed to die very soon thereafter, somehow or another accomplishing their goal, or just will not die period. It's very strange.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Dark Knight is a good example of that.

23. - Top - End - #923

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I wasn't too happy with that either, Serpy. I was pretty much constantly looking for ways to get rid of that part of the character, but never could figure out something that would make any sense ("I've been training for a week, eat your heart out Zorro!")
    It might be cliched, but I've always been a fan of:
    "Hey, I did this thing once, lets see if I can make it work all the time..."
    *lots of training*
    "Hm... Some progress, bit nothing though..."
    *OH NOES EXTREME DANGORZ MUST HELP ALLIES/SELF/WORLD!
    *!POWERASPLOSIONKABOOMBLAMMO!*
    "...I did that? "

or alternatively (especially with Serpentine):
    *Sweet'n'innocent'n'sedate'n'oh noes, hurt people? Nevar! *
    *DANGORZ, THREAT AND/OR INSULT TO SELF/LOVED-ONE*
    "GrrrrrRRRRRRRARG! " *EXTREME RAGE CARNAGE!*

that sort of thing. I was kinda hoping that, when she was injured, she'd start using her "weaving"-healing (oh, I loved that idea, by the way. Perfect for her!) on herself, and kick in the awesome/come to the rescue...

Can you tell I'd write a Mary-Sue if ever I sat down and wrote properly? I really, really did enjoy it! Wonderful!

24. - Top - End - #924
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    It might be cliched, but I've always been a fan of:
    "Hey, I did this thing once, lets see if I can make it work all the time..."
    *lots of training*
    "Hm... Some progress, bit nothing though..."
    *OH NOES EXTREME DANGORZ MUST HELP ALLIES/SELF/WORLD!
    *!POWERASPLOSIONKABOOMBLAMMO!*
    "...I did that? "

or alternatively (especially with Serpentine):
    *Sweet'n'innocent'n'sedate'n'oh noes, hurt people? Nevar! *
    *DANGORZ, THREAT AND/OR INSULT TO SELF/LOVED-ONE*
    "GrrrrrRRRRRRRARG! " *EXTREME RAGE CARNAGE!*

that sort of thing. I was kinda hoping that, when she was injured, she'd start using her "weaving"-healing (oh, I loved that idea, by the way. Perfect for her!) on herself, and kick in the awesome/come to the rescue...

Can you tell I'd write a Mary-Sue if ever I sat down and wrote properly? I really, really did enjoy it! Wonderful!
    Heh, when you mentioned you'd be a shapechanger rather than a straight mage the idea just hit me.

Glad I at least got part of it right

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Goodguys Don't Always Win

starring Wolfbane, Recaiden, Lex-kat, Helgraf
    Spoiler
    Show

Wolfbane looked at Recaiden from his good eye. He had stopped wiping the blood out since it came back within 30 seconds. That, and he was getting exhausted. The sword felt like lead in his hands.

Do you know why it is bad to have only one eye? Recaiden asked. It's because you can't percieve depth correctly. Two eyes are needed to perceive depth. One to perceive the object, and one to relate the object to a different object. Thus, you get a sense of something being high or low, far or short.

With one eye though, you can't do that. With that, Recaiden faked his sword, pointing it stright at Wolfbane's face. Wolfbane's sword shot up through the air to block an attack that wasn' there. Recaiden used the advantage and slashed at him. Blood spilled the ground as his sword buried into Wolfbane's arm. Recaiden withdrew the sword.

See? he said, holding the sword up. Wolfbane's right arm hung useless, and he switched the sword to his left.

I'm not finished off yet! Wolfbane growled.

Recaiden frowned at him. You cannot see properly, and you cannot move properly, yet you still wish to continues this fight. What a fool you are.

You reached your limit 5 minutes ago Wolfbane. Soon enough, your vision will start to fade, and tunnel into darkness. Your body won't respond to the commands you give it, and then you'll collapse and die. Something that should have been done long ago when you were born.

Your a monster Wolfbane. You try to do good, but more harm comes out of it. Monsters never do good.

With that, he faked his sword again at Wolfbane's face, who brought the sword up again. With that, he slashed his lower right leg.

Wolfbane dropped to his right knee, sword still in his left hand.

Accept your fate monster. Half of your body is completely ruined. Your right arm and leg do not work. Give up, accept the darkness, and die.

Wolfbane smiled grimly.

For years, I was in the darkness, following a lost path, with no one to care about me, and caring about no one. I stole, killed, and did some things I am not proud of. Then I joined the army, even there, I was not accepted. But two men befriended me. They gave me companionship, even though others shunned them and me. They taught me friendship. And the missing piece of my heart became complete.

You have no idea how horrible it is in the darkness. If you did, you wouldn't say such a thing, even to a monster like myself.

Then die and accept your fate, the Light willing. Recaiden raised his sword.

It won't be me who dies here tonight. Wolfbane murmered.

Recaiden smirked. Keep thinking that. It will ease the pain. He brought the sword down.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Helgraf was in a rage. He bent down and pulled the sai out of his foot. He threw it aside. He then advanced on Lex-kat, ignoring the pain in his foot. She backed up, but her back hit the wall. She rolled to the side as his sword came down where she stood a second ago.

Stay still! Damnit! he yelled, no longer caring about taking her to bed. He was too angry to care. The b***h stabbed his foot. He was going to hurt her.

Lex-kat went on the defensive, and was pushed into the bathroom. Helgraf marched right after her, swinging the sword. Lex-kat used the sai to deflect the blows, trying not to take the full hit of them, but her arm was getting tired.She was pushed against the tub. Helgraf slashed down again.

Lex-kat moved aside, and the tub was sliced partway down. Helgraf tried pulling the sword out, but it didn't budge.

Lex-kat used the oppurtuinity, and tried stabbing Helgraf in the stomach with her remaining sai. He dodged the attack though, and started wrestling with her. He managed to grab her wrist and point the sai towards her. Sensing the danger, Lex-kat let go of the sai, before he could do much more with it.

But without a weapon, she was in trouble, and she knew it. Picking her up and restraining her by her arms, Helgraf walked back over to the tub, and threw Lex-kat in. He stomped on her stomach, driving the breath out of her. He then turned on the water.

Water ran into Lex's face, and she sputtered and coughed some up, still trying to regain her breath. Helgraf's boot was still on her stomach, pinning her down, and her wings were now wet. Lex turned her head to the side as water continued raining down upon her. She saw Helgraf's hand as he put the stopper into the drain. The water level began to rise quickly.

She continued to struggle beneath Helgraf, and tried to maneuver herself to a better position, but Helgraf's boot stopmed on her stomach again, driving the wind out of her.

The water level rose slowly, and soon, Lex took her last breath before the water submergered her face.

enjoy!

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

@ deathslayer7- You said no more cliffhangers . Or... are they actually... Nicely written either way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #927

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Heh, when you mentioned you'd be a shapechanger rather than a straight mage the idea just hit me.

Glad I at least got part of it right
    I don't mean to be so critical I really do like it! I'm just glad to be involved

edit: ...
    I... guess "mortal enemies" is a type of relationship
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2008-12-27 at 01:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Goodguys Don't Always Win

starring Wolfbane, Recaiden, Lex-kat, Helgraf
    Spoiler
    Show

-snip-

enjoy!
    I has become brutally efficient.

Lesson: Helgraf makes more mistakes when he's not harmed. ;)
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

29. - Top - End - #929

Definition Drabble (One hundred words each)

Sanguine
    a. Of the color of blood; red.
    b. Of a healthy reddish color; ruddy: a sanguine complexion.
    2. Archaic
    a. Having blood as the dominant humor in terms of medieval physiology.
    b. Having the temperament and ruddy complexion formerly thought to be characteristic of a person dominated by this humor; passionate.
    3. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.

Fondle
    1. To handle, stroke, or caress lovingly.
    2. Obsolete To treat with indulgence and solicitude; pamper.

Spoiler
    Show

Renfield cradled the coney's head in one hand, fractured fingers patently primping the strands, stroking the scalp, caressing the cortex; the other hand was sunk inside her innards via the gaping wound in her chest.

'Calm coney close kept. Sister ceased, stone wept.
    Must not flail, must not bicker, coney heart slowly flickers.

The madman's fingers (and the tiny finger-razors on them) moved in a blur, with a precision that would make a chirurgeon weep. A shard of metal was extracted, a bit of bloody meat still stuck in, and thrown to the side, drawing a gasp from the others.

One of them cried out, "He's gone bad again - he'll kill her."

"She'll die without his help. The damage is too severe for the blessings Sune gives me to save her."

"So you'll just let him murder her quickly then."

Meanwhile, the madman tugged thread from his jacket, spitting out a crude iron needle, which was threaded and then into the wound once more. He continued to whisper soft words, words that resonated with the reclined rabbit; recalling memories of better times.

Finally, he packed the wound and wrapped it. He looked over to Happyturtle.

"You have a few minutes."

Brief Notes
    Spoiler
    Show

Obviously, this series is Curly's baby and all decisions are her own. I leave it deliberately open as to whether the few minutes mean "a few minutes before she dies" or "a few minutes before she must rest", or somthing else entirely.

I see the shoulder wound as being the less serious one, incidentally. As with all such things however, this is simply my observation and the story is king.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-12-28 at 01:50 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder if I should even bother commenting anymore, or if it should just be understood that I adore Helgraf's contributions to the thread...

— Iain S. Thomas