New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 35

[Bus Stop => Streets]

Eric waves goodbye, wondering if he scared her off or something. In any case, he begins walking home himself now. Oddly, when the rain hits him, he doesn't get wet, as if there was something coating him.

Anybody who wants to can run into him at this point.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well-lit street

Kate Kyland is heading towards the front gate, hoping that the weather will clear up soon. There might be a few people on the street right now, who knows who she'll run into. If anyone.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Pie Shop

The kraken lets out another scream of pain as it's shot again, a scream which is promptly cut short when the freeze bomb explodes in it's face, freezing three tentacles and it's beak solid. Letting out a disgusting gargly sound, it lashes out with it's remaining pseudopods, smashing through the storefront window and grabbing onto a telephone outside. With what might be a cry of rage, or maybe agony, it pulls itself towards Boris, dragging itself across the floor and through the shattered window, all eight eyes fixed on the sniper.

Warehouse #6

The inside of the warehouse is strange, to say the least. In fact, it probably doesn't even qualify to be called a warehouse. The roof is simply missing, despite clearly being there when the warehouse is viewed from outside, allowing sunlight to pour into the room. The floor is plain dirt, and out of the soil grows plants of all types. Well, maybe not all types. There's a distinct lack of flowers, for one, as well as pretty much nothing that isn't rather unpleasant to walk on, for another. Stinging nettles, poison ivy, Venus fly traps, and the occasionally thorny vine.

Also growing from the floor are thorny hedges, carefully cut and shaped to forms walls of plant matter through which it's almost impossible to see the other side. A wooden arch marks the entrance to what is obviously a hedge maze, and most likely filled with all sorts of unpleasantness.
    [Warehouse #6]

Merrak sighs. Great. A maze. He briefly considers setting the entire thing on fire, but that would probably not be a good idea. Tempting, but no.

The drow strides forward toward the entrance to the maze. He is wearing boots, so the plants on the ground don't bother him at all. He draws his longsword for use as a machete and keeps a hand on his mace before stepping through the arch. This would be so much easier if he could levitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Well-Lit Street]

Kate may notice a man in a lab coat pushing a cart full of various science-related odds and ends, most notably what appears to be a glowing bar of metal.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh! Good for him. Being rather interested in science and technology, she will see how many objects she can recognize at a glance. And hope that the glowing thing doesn't make her sterile.

6. - Top - End - #1326

[Well-Lit Street]

Kate will probably recognize most of the items - several sheets of titanium, plexi-glass, computer parts, and the like. The glowing thing may or may not be recognizable, depending on her knowledge of Elerium.

Wolfgang notices her gandering, and smiles. "See something you like?" He speaks in a heavy German accent.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Eh, just curious. I don't suppose a tech savy person like you would know of any job openings for a computer nerd like me? I need a job, and I have skill with computers."

She does not recognize the glowing material.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Blue Zone - Mansion

"The old owner? Does it then have the spezifications I requested?"
    Yep, yep. Everything you wished for. The djinn says, nodding enthusiastically. So, what's your next wish?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #1329

[Well-Lit Street]

"I'm afraid I don't, I'm pretty new to this world." Wolfgang thinks for a moment. "Although, when I get a proper lab set up, you could help me with this project, if you don't mind a low pay."

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Eh, It's better than nothing, and I'll get to work with computers. I would give you my number, but I don't have a cell phone. Oh! Kate Kyland." She offers her hand to shake.

"Right now I'm trying to get to GLoG, see if they have a bunk they could spare in exchange for computer help. However, I can try and contact you later, if you have a phone or instant messenger or whatever."

11. - Top - End - #1331

Pie Shop

Zefir will for now just watch Reinhold using his weapon. But Zefir will slowly go to the nearest Exit, just in case.

Blue Zone - Mansion

"For now I have none." Fade sais to the djinn.

"But a question can you create portable portals?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-07-09 at 03:45 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1332

[Well-Lit Street]

"More than just computers, Wolfgang says. "You would help to create a whole new form of travel, using methods that have yet to be discovered by most humans!" And now he's ranting about science again. Kate introducing herself seems to calm him down though, as he shakes her hand. "A pleasure. Wolfgang Hirsch."

"GLoG, that's one of the organizations, right? I don't have a phone, I'm afraid, but perhaps I can come to you when I've got things going?

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Dwarf in the Playground

She smiles. "Sounds like a good idea. I'll be glad to hear your rant then. See you!"

She waves as she leaves. It stops raining, but it is still night.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Orc in the Playground

Mispellld Cemmitry

The cloaked figure and its large, purple balloon-like thing with two red eyes near a yellow cross and four arm-like appendages are here, having landed. The cloaked figure explores the cemetary, counting the undisturbed bodies and the signs of conflict. The site seems to have been used as a lair by at least one necromancer before, and they don't seem to have come to a good end, and quite recently. That's bad; if any 'adventurers' or others that may disrupt the figure's plans have been here before they may know the ground better than the figure does. Besides, a town graveyard is too likely to be monitored, especially if the suspected necromancer did exist and doesn't anymore.

Old Temple of Dalachrech

I believe we are finished here, so...

"I believe that is everything. Narahar, Gertrude, welcome back to the land of the living. I am off to the new temple; you haven't been there before Narahar, you have lots of catching up to do I'm afraid. Anyway, I'm off back, would you please accompany me Narahar, Gertrude, Omid and Lauretta?" The last is said over his shoulder as Terrowin goes up the ladder to the old Temple's altar room.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1335

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    EE

Aeryn frowns at that. "I've heard that's one of the possible dangers of living here, but I've never encountered it before. At least, I don't think I have, anyway."
    I nod, trying to make sense of everything. Not easy. I can remember time with Erin. But I still remember time with other people. But at the same time, I don't remember it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

Aeryn just sits quietly for awhile, hugging Mike, before speaking.
    "Well, I'll be here to help you sort through everything.."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Orc in the Playground

[Cirrus Street Hotel]

Trent's shuttle, with him and Zjen aboard, flies over the area, and Trent looks for a decent place to land it. "This it?"
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Land of Pavement and Possibility]

A young adult female stands in the middle of the road, surrounded by the infinite possibility of the city Inside. She has brown hair, a somewhat pale complexion, and rather ordinary street clothes.
    On this particular day, she decided to finally explore the city.

What is this young woman's name?

>Enter Name

"Florence Valentine"

Your name is FLORENCE. You are not particularly fond of the nickname FLO and frequently insist that everyone use the entirety of your first name.
    Sometimes you allow friends to call you VAL instead.

You have spent most of your life STUDYING, particularly the arts of ENGINEERING and FORENSICS. You're MUCH BETTER with the former, but you find the latter EXTREMELY INTERESTING.
    Lately you've had odd BURSTS OF INSPIRATION and created many strange and complicated APPARATUSES. One such apparatus sits on your shoulder, a CLOCKWORK HAWK.
    You have decided to go out into the world to see if you can find any more INSPIRATION or use for your amateur FORENSIC TALENTS.

>Florence: Wander streets.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #1339

[Streets]

Suddenly, not far from Ms. Valentine, is the sound of a rather sizable explosion. It's coming from her left, off in the alleyways behind the prettied-up stores. Shortly after comes the sound of raised voices. They're too far away for the forensics enthusiast to make out, but they seem to be getting closer.

A few moments pass, and suddenly a man-shaped figure is standing in the middle of the road in front of Ms. Valentine. In the second he spends looking around, the second after he spends looking at her and the final second he spends looking over to the source of the explosion, she manages to get a good look at him. He's a bit taller than her, with long brown hair pulled back into a pony-tail and bound by a green and white woven cloth resembling a seven-inch Chinese finger trap. His eyes match the green of his hair-band, currently looking to the left - Ms. Valentine's left - in no little apprehension. Over his shoulder is the strap of a black shoulder-bag, the strap passing over a torso covered only by a faded blue vest. Another interesting thing about his torso is the deep bruise that is discolouring his ribs.

The young man looks back down at Ms. Valentine, frowning. "Hold on to your bird, miss." He says and without asking for permission, puts a long-nailed hand on her shoulder. This may tickle."

There is a flash of light, and the two are gone.

[Alleys]

'Tickle' wasn't entirely the right word for it. Depending on Ms. Valentine's constitution, she'll experience anything from strong vertigo to a stomach in violent protest. When the world clears up around them, she'll discover that she is no longer on the road, but somewhere in the alleyways. The walls loom high beside them, covered in graffiti and smelling of bodily fluids and cheap alcohol.
    "I'm sorry about that, miss. Normally I'd ask, but you happened to be in the wrong place at a bad time. I can take you home, if you want..."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Land of Shadows and Muggers]

You find yourself rather spontaneously kidnapped and relocated in some UNKNOWN ALLEYWAYS.
    Ordinarily you would find this turn of events QUITE DISTRESSING, but you are too busy being VIOLENTLY ILL all over a nearby wall.

Your CLOCKWORK BIRD appears to have done most of the holding-on, having buried its claws into your shoulder somewhat painfully.

After you conclude introducing the wall to your sub-par breakfast, you turn to give your companion a THOROUGH LOOK-OVER.
    He doesn't seem to be particularly evil, even possessing a rather POLITE DEMEANOR, despite the kidnapping that made you terribly sick.

You explain to the man that this is quite alright, your stomach will be fine and that you don't feel like going back home at the moment.
    You're much too curious about that explosion and the man himself to want to leave now. He hasn't tried to kill you yet, so you don't yet feel very scared.

>Florence: Inquire as to why you had to be kidnapped.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #1341

[Alleys]

The man shrugs in obviously feigned nonchalance at Ms. Valentine. "I wouldn't say kidnapped..." He says, in a tone that implies he isn't sure if there's really another word for what he just did, but he's pretty sure that one's not it. "Let's just put it this way. There's some not-so-nice men over that way," he waves his hand vaguely to the south, which may or may not be where the explosion came from, "and they just happened to be heading over here, and you just happened to be in the way." He pauses and peers at her. "Are you sure you don't want to go home? You look like you're rich enough that you have a home."

Now that things have calmed down a little, Ms. Valentine can get a better look at the man. It appears the bruising on his ribs isn't the only injury he's suffered. Over his right eye is an eye-patch with two scars running past it's bottom lip, gently curving together. The eyepatch is some sort of leather, with a curious rune carved into it, roughly a Z with a line through it. He wears a small metal pendant which has the same rune carved into it around his neck. While his vest has no sleeves, his arm on the same side as his eyepatch has a sleeve of it's own - a form-fitting cloth of woven green and white fabric, the same colour as his hair band but of a different, criss-crossing pattern.

"Rescued!" He says, suddenly. "I didn't kidnap you. I rescued you. And not even a single thanks. Women these days." He throws up his hands, turning away and walking down the alley a bit.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-07-10 at 10:38 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

22. - Top - End - #1342

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate Kyland walks into Mag Mart. She looks around a bit, but heads for the customer service desk.
    ((Sorry, sorry, SORRY for not seeing this until just now. My bad.))

There's a humanoid robot with menacing red eyes sitting there, with a smile full of unreasonably sharp, predatory teeth. Some might say that this isn't exactly the sort of look you want in a customer service representative, but those same people have no idea how much easier it is to run a store, when all the customers are just too horrified by the robot to try to return anything they buy.

"Hello ma'am! Is there anything I can do to help you?"

Huh. Well it seems friendly enough, despite appearances, but that could just be a trap, a sneaky scheme to get her to lower her guard, just in time for it to POUNCE AND BITE HER GODDAMNED HEAD OFF!

Nah, you're just being paranoid. As far as anyone knows, SBHJ-413 hasn't bitten off a customer's entire head in years, and the last time it happened, that guy totally deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Never Lose Hope Hospital]

Percilia will hobble up to Tom and attempt to hug him. That was a very traumatizing experience for her, and Tom was somehow able to pull her out of it. She attempts to wrap her arms around his torso and rest her head on his right shoulder.

The words "my hero" don't even begin to describe how Percilia feels about Tom, even if he is a cyborg.

Diversity is nothing to be afraid of unless the diverse beings prey on humans in which case they should be tortured and put down in gruesome, sinister fashions!
    He hugs her right back, trying not to do much thinking about anything at all as he does so. There's just so much to worry about, so many little details to fret over. He's got to get a job, she's got to get a job and a place to stay. They have to figure out whether to just say 'goodbye' and try to forget this mess ever happened, or stick together as a sort of confused, hapless team of idiots in a big scary world of apocalypses and havoc. He's got to investigate that weird feeling of lightness and whatnot when he shot that monster dead, and figure out what to do about Magtok or-

Aaagh! Gods dammit Tom, you weren't supposed to think about any of that yet! How in the world are we supposed to survive if you go overflowing your mind with all those doubts and fears and problems?

"Good to see you again, too. So's your knee feeling any better?"

Physical injuries take priority over psychological ones, for no other reason than because Doctor Godlark's only qualified to deal with the former, and personally has far too many of the latter. Besides, we can sort out the whole 'Nexus is big and scary and full of freaks' thing later. She might take a little while to adjust, but everybody does so eventually, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Pixie in the Playground

[Never Lose Hope Hospital]

Percilia...

She lives in the moment.

She's not worried about finding a new job or a place to stay.

She's just glad to that she and Tom are safe and a plane away from what was No Hope Hospital.

These feelings express themselves in her every movement. Tom might be able to feel every bit of tension pour out of her body, leaving a void which elements of inner piece scramble to fill in.

The warmth of Tom's body soothes her. Tom saved her. Risked his own life for her...

She had never been shown such compassion before.

"It is sore, but it certainly isn't broken. I can live with it."

"How about you? Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Percilia tenderly inquires, tone dripping with concern.

She has closed her eyes. Her head (probably) still rests on Tom's shoulder.

He saved her...

And...

And she...

And she loved him for it.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [EE]

Aeryn just sits quietly for awhile, hugging Mike, before speaking.
    "Well, I'll be here to help you sort through everything.."
    EE

I hug Aeryn in return. I'm feeling a bit better, even though I know it's just a matter of time before mixed memories start flooding their way into my head again.

Can't even think what caused this all...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Post Re: [Nexus] Inside 35

Pie Shop

The incendiary round hits the infant kraken right in the eye and blows a small hole in it's skull, just as the lightning bolt strikes the cephalopod in the guts, causing the entire creature to explode in a gory shower of guts, ink and sea-water. Apparently moving via spurts of highly, pressurized water has it's downsides. The pie shop is by now thoroughly wrecked, with broken glass, kraken blood and ruined pastries covering the floor, all but one of the pastry racks overturned, and the storefront window smashed to pieces.

The table upon which the three pies remains oddly untouched however, and three pies, all freshly baked and delicious looking, appear upon it. Apparently the trap was designed to reset.

Warehouse #6

The hedge maze is incredibly confusing. Rather than using simple straight lines, it includes all sorts of non-eucludian shapes, and the entire thing is set up to delay Merrak for as long as possible, as well as to prevent him from realizing one simple fact: He's walking in circles. Whatever's at the center of the maze, it isn't connected at all to the outer pathways.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-07-10 at 05:53 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

Pie Shop

Reinholdt feels his pocket to make sure the key he grabbed is still there as he pulls out a rag and starts cleaning himself off.
    Adventuring was dirty and disgusting sometimes.

After which, he'll check on Boris to see if he was alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #1347

[Pie Shop]

Boris gets a lot of filth on him as the kraken explodes. He wipes what he can off of his weapon before slinging it back across his back. He then reaches into his backpack, pulling out a small piece of burlap to wipe his face clean.

"Well, all things considered, that went well, I think." He looks at Reinholdt. "You alright?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-10 at 06:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Orc in the Playground

[Warehouse #6]

It take Merrak about five minutes of "navigating" the maze to realize he's going in circles. He was raised in underground tunnels and caves, so he has a pretty good sense of direction. Once he realizes this, he sighs. He turns to the hedge next to him that is closest to the center, and tries to put his sword through it.

If that doesn't work, he'll retrace his steps or complete the loop to try to get back to the wooden arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #1349

[Streets]

A creature has just entered the city through the gates. She appears humanoid in form, though that is all that can be determined as she is almost completely obscured by the robe that she wears. A silk scarf is wrapped around her head. Leaving her eyes the only visible part of her body, aside from dark finger tips which can just be barely seen at the bottom of her sleeves.

Her brown eyes dart around warily as she takes in the wonder of the city she has just stepped into. It truly felt like she had arrived on a different planet.

30. - Top - End - #1350

[Streets]

The humanoid creature may see another, rather different humanoid creature - a ghost. The face of this creature is just as obscured as hers, but by a gas mask, rather than a scarf. The specter moves in a strange method. It's obvious he's gliding as any ghost would, but he seems to think he is walking, and demonstrates that thought.

The Operative looks at this new creature with a clinical interest.