New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

Crash Site

"Ah, right. I sure hope he knows what he's doing, does he by any chance know calculate the correct chemical balance of the cloning machine? It's likely an imbalance in the centrifuge is the reason it's offline." The goblin explains before going off to look at what probably are the mana cells and shakes her head. "Is there any chance a mountain and a island are nearby?"

[Crash Site - Kirk]

"Low attention span suggests low intelligence!" The robot tells the drow as it starts to chase him with the broom. It moves slowly enough for him to get away and open the door though... where a small goblin-like creature with a back shell jumps at his face.

"Akwi-piki!" It exclaims and attempts to grapple on to his face and pull his nose.

He might have got a glance at the room before the little creature attacked him though. It's by far larger then any of the other rooms and looks like some kind of mess hall with tables and chairs thrown all over the place.

There is also a large machine there which he might not be able to look much closer at due to the goblin in his face.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-28 at 02:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crash Site

Kuko shrugs at the first question. "More likely than I do. You lost be at chemical balance," he says. Technology is more a fascination for him than it is an area of expertise. "And your on a mountain, but I don't know about a lake."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site - Kirk]

"Son of a-" Kirk is cut off by the small goblin assaulting his face. The drow takes a couple stumbling steps backward as he tries to tear the goblin away.

4. - Top - End - #664

Crash Site

"Great! Gather the clones and.. wait, you said the other clones were dead. That could be a problem..." The goblin says with an thoughtful expression before turning to look at Kuko again. "You don't know where I could get some decent help around here do you? Like that elf boy."

[Crash Site - Kirk]

The goblin will attempt to tear off some of Kirk's hair before he can get it off him and then run away in the direction of the machine.

The machine looks like a black dome with a small door that makes it look like a little house. Attached to it however are various tubes filled with strangely colored chemicals and some sort of control panel that the goblin-creature currently is running for.

If that's not enough, he can feel a broom poking the back of his head. "I'd suggest you leave before you further embarrass yourself." He hears the robot suggest in it's monotone voice.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site - Kirk]

Hair doesn't tear out quite that easily, thankfully, and Kirk is going to do whatever he can to stop it from continuing with that. Assuming the goblin still lets go and Kirk doesn't have to try and stab it to death, he looks around the room.

His scowl becomes even more pronounced when he's prodded. He spins around and tries to yank the broom out of the robot's hand.

6. - Top - End - #666

Crash Site

Kuko smiles brightly when she asks for help. "Look no further! Just like I said, you landed in front of Clan NO. We're a mersen-airy clan, which means we help people with their problems." Someone here still doesn't quite get what mercenary actually means. "I can take you to the boss, Dipsnig, and he can pick out clan members who can help."

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beast Pens]

The pups will waste no time to join their brother in pouncing on Thecla. Soon she'll be placed under a pile of young wolves. Much wriggling and wrestling occurs. A thoroughly adorable scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Beast Pens]

Whoever had the idea that these could all be vicious, bloodthirsty animals is clearly horribly delusional.

Morry's not even doing little nips as he proceeds to play, being surprisingly gentle in his competitive bids to be at the top of the fluff pile.
    Thecla and his siblings shall be his squirmy throne!

Much yipping and cheerful barking is had, whilst he works his way up.

Meanwhile, Karaglen slips into the Pens finally, biting away the rest of her sandwich to better observe.
    Eventually Thecla pokes and low crawls her way out of the bottom of the stack. She needs some air...all that furriness on top of her was getting to her. She sticks her nose out first and then her muzzle and sticks her tongue out for some air, then she pushes with her back paws to get her the rest of the way out. She's having a great time...
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Thecla's pushing results in the pile of cubs shifting and the pups themselves land on the floor, Morry still on top. They seem to be pretty confused about this development.

Viima, meanwhile, pads over to Karalgen to greet her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #669

[Crash Site - Kirk]

There is usually some loose hair though but no matter, the goblin creature runs away as Kirk grabs the broom from the robot. "Thief! Your behavior could be traced back to your genetic and upbringing which means it's likely your family were thieves as well!" The robot exclaims.

As he looks around he will be able to see a ladder leading straight up. Other points of interests would be the large double-door to the right and the various curious tools which are laying around on the floor. Otherwise it's the large dome machine which takes up most of the space in the hall which now the shell-goblin is doing something with.

Crash Site

"Excellent! Let me just get my note book..." The goblin says before she runs off to get a note block and a pen for herself. "Now lead on!" She says before putting on her helmet once again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-30 at 06:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #670

Crash Site

"We should probably collect my clansmen first," Kuko says scurrying toward the kitchen. "Then I can take you to the boss. It would be irresponsible to just leave him." And rude.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #671
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Inside, Nalhiir will find a small goblin - the one pictured in his player's avatar - who's in the middle of putting on a fur coat.
    Welcome to NO. I was just about to head out and check the damn thing that crashed outside my house, but since my guys seem to be taking care of it... how can I help you?

Nalhriir looks down at the speaker, who appears to barely come to his knees. Despite his stature, the way the goblin carries himself says plainly that he is the ruler of this demesne.

"Chant is that ye run a guild o' jinkbashers, I'm here t' hire ye fer some business o' mine," he lowers his voice suggestively, "I'm willin' t' melt a fair bit o' jink fer it."
    Last edited by Jivundus; 2012-07-29 at 08:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site - Kirk]

"Yes, my family was full of backstabbing, murderous, thieves and otherwise vile people." Kirk snaps the broom over his knee and tosses the pieces to the side.

The drow urns his attention away from the bothersome robot ans talks over to the double doors. Once there he'll try an push them open to see what's on the other side.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jivundus View Post
    Nalhriir looks down at the speaker, who appears to barely come to his knees. Despite his stature, the way the goblin carries himself says plainly that he is the ruler of this demesne.

"Chant is that ye run a guild o' jinkbashers, I'm here t' hire ye fer some business o' mine," he lowers his voice suggestively, "I'm willin' t' melt a fair bit o' jink fer it."
    To say that Dipsnig barely reaches Nalhiir's knees would be an exaggeration, probably. He's about 120 centimeters tall.
    The goblin frowns a little when he heads Sigil cant but manages to work out what Nalhiir is saying quickly.
    If it's mercenaries you want, you've come to the right place. Why don't we sit down and talk about the details?
    He gestures to the several armchairs located in the room.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #674

DrowGuy

Upon looking a second time, Nalhriir realizes that the goblin is not quite as short as he first appeared. Nalhriir is tall, but he's not that tall.

Hearing Dipsnig's offer, Nalhriir bows slightly and indicates for the mercenary leader to lead him where he will. "I take it yer the top blood o' the group?"

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

That I am, yes, Dipsnig says as he sits in an armchair and motions to another one in front of it. Name's Dipsnig Razortooth. I've been running the place for a few years. Now, what is it that you need us to do?

16. - Top - End - #676

DrowGuy

Nalhriir takes the proffered seat, and Dipsnig will see his wings recede back into his body so he can sit comfortably. The shadowy creature takes up an attentive position behind Nalhriir's right shoulder.

"Pleasure t' meet ye, Dipsnig. Me tag's Nalhriir, and as I've mentioned, I need ye t' provide me some bodies.

Before I get into too much detail, though, how much do ye know o' the greater multiverse? The planes and the Great Wheel, an' all?"
    Last edited by Jivundus; 2012-07-31 at 06:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677

[Crash Site - Kirk]

Taking up the two pieces of the shattered broom the robot gives them what appears to be a sad look. It then turns it's head towards the drow currently attempt to open the doors.

"I wouldn't-"

It starts as the doors, possibly thanks to Kirk's effort, suddenly open by themselves causing a large number of rocks and ruble to fall out upon him.

"-do that."

Crash Site

Kuko can hear a loud rumble from down below as he heads down, probably just in time to see the rocks fall.

"An great idea, if that elf boy don't know how the clone machine work I wouldn't trust him with it." The goblin exclaims as she climbs down after him.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Not a whole lot, I'm afriad, Dipsnig says. I've never concerned myself with metaphysics, much less metaphysics of other worlds. His homeworld is not connected to the Great Wheel.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-31 at 06:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #679

DrowGuy

An expression of disbelief flits across Nalhriir's face, how these people could live in ignorance of what was all around them astounds the planar.

"In that case, I might jus' give ye the long an' short o' it, as knowin' specifically what I want isn't necessary."

Nalhriir pauses and pulls a flask out from underneath the folds of his cloak. He takes a swig and stows it again.

"Anyways, I was doin' me own thing in the planes when I get shoved through a portal that had no business existin' where it did. So that portal up and dumps me in this Nexus, which leaves me stranded here 'til I can find meself a door out."

"That's where ye and yer jinkbashers come in. By all accounts this Nexus seems t' be a demi-plane o' some sort akin t' the prime in nature, but more malleable. Lookin' fer doors in a place this big could take a body centuries an' he still wouldn't've found a tenth o' the buggers. So my proposal is simple, I hire out any and all o' yer guild t' keep an ear t' the ground fer any mention o' portals or any signs o' activity. I can show 'em what t' look fer if they need it."

He stops again, as if considering something. Almost absently, the flask makes its way back into his hand and he takes another drink.

"Come t' think o' it, I've got another job fer any of yer cutters that are 'specially wise t' the workin's o' the planes, if yer willin' t' take a second contract fer me."
    Last edited by Jivundus; 2012-07-31 at 07:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site - Kirk]

Oh dammit. Kirk throws himself backward and lands with an awkward roll. He narrowly avoids the rocks, but not without hurting his shoulder. He gets to his feet, muttering a curse or two as he does so.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig rolls his eyes inwardly. Another guy who's surprised noone in the Nexus knows how his homeworld works. Oh well. His money is as good as anyone else's.
    Keeping an ear to the ground is easy. Our members go to places and know people. The other job might be a little harder, depending on what it's about. Give me the details and I'll tell you if any of our members has the knowledge you need.

22. - Top - End - #682

DrowGuy

[Main Room]

"It's like this, I lost me memory a few turns back, and I was goin' about findin' it again. What that led me t' was a young dazzler tellin' me that he'd found me on someplace called the ordial plane."

Nalhriir grins suddenly, "If ye've never heard o' it, that's cause it don't exist, not that any cutter's come back and said it has, leastways. But seein' as it was the only lead I had, I went about lookin' fer this plane."

"So now I'm stranded here, and if this place has near as many doors as I think it does, one of them ought t' lead t' the ordial plane. That's what I want that second group fer. I need some bodies to help me root out all knowledge o' this time mephit o' a plane. Be it in spell-slingin', information gatherin' or plain experimentation, if ye'll pardon the pun, I need cutters who can help me chase all this down, an' help me get me memory back."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

I think I have a member or two who's got some experience with this sort of thing. I'd have to ask them whether they feel up for it, but that should be no problem. Of course, if I understood you right, that contract would start once you actually find this Ordial Plane, Dipsnig says.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Thecla's pushing results in the pile of cubs shifting and the pups themselves land on the floor, Morry still on top. They seem to be pretty confused about this development.

Viima, meanwhile, pads over to Karalgen to greet her.
    Once Thecla is out, she turns around and flops on the ground. She's panting and her sides are heaving a bit, indicating that she's laughing. Now that she's free, the resulting situation is a bit funny.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site - Kirk]

Taking up the two pieces of the shattered broom the robot gives them what appears to be a sad look. It then turns it's head towards the drow currently attempt to open the doors.

"I wouldn't-"

It starts as the doors, possibly thanks to Kirk's effort, suddenly open by themselves causing a large number of rocks and ruble to fall out upon him.

"-do that."

Crash Site

Kuko can hear a loud rumble from down below as he heads down, probably just in time to see the rocks fall.

"An great idea, if that elf boy don't know how the clone machine work I wouldn't trust him with it." The goblin exclaims as she climbs down after him.
    Kuko uses the same trick as before to gloat down, light as a feather.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #686
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beast Pens]

As Thecla moves on to freedom, Morry flops a bit from his position on his siblings, blinking away confusion.
    His throne! It's retreating!

...well, even comfy chairs get breaks.

Lolling his tongue out a bit, the pup decides he might as well take one too.
    Being Supreme Fuzzy is hard work.

Meanwhile, Karaglen smiles at Viima and offers her some ear scratches.
    "Hey there, Fuzzy..."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #687

DrowGuy

"Ah, see, I think ye misunderstood me there. I need that special team t' help 'cause I don't rightly know if this plane exists. Not one blood in the Planes knows if it does, so this contract means havin' cutters specifically devoted t' leanin' the dark o' this plane in particular, 'stead o' countin' portals and such." Nalhriir takes another swig. "Have I made meself any clearer fer ye?"

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Anyone familiar with goblin expressions will know what it indicates he's thinking deeply.
    Yes, you have. This is a little more problematic, but doable. We don't have many scholars here, but there is one member with such leanings. She might help you.

[Beast Pens]

The pile of pups untangles itself into five separate wolves. They all seem pretty amused by the whole situation as well. Thecla is definetly a great new playmate.

Viima, meanwhile, swishes her tail. She wants Kara to meet her old friend over there.

29. - Top - End - #689

[Crash Site - Kirk]

"Do you have any more brilliant ideas?" The robot asks with a look at the drow.

Meanwhile Kuko and the goblin comes down below. "Oh hey. I see you met meanbot... but why are you opening the bulkhead door?" She asks with a confused look on her face.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site - Kirk]

"It's probably best to not assume I know what I'm doing." Kirk says, his tone flat except for the slightest hint of irritation. "I see you found a survivor." He comments to Kuko. Clearly he doesn't count robots.