New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Libra's Meeting Point]

"Great! Just place them... oh you already did, how helpful. You going to return any of this junk?" The oni asks with a raised eyebrow.

[Mysterious Room]

"More strange words! No, you are not in any of those... words. You are here, my realm. I'm eight." It's another of those pauses again. "Say, you know way to make body?"
    "Errr... no, I'm sorry, I'm a bit behind on my anatomy class." Daniel scratches the back of his head. "Though... I'm willing to bet there are other people I could find that could do it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Obsidian Forest

Raril will find the female alien waving a scanner at him, and a male speaking to him in some crazy space language. The scanner should take a detailed reading of Raril's anatomy and physiology, down to the exact parameters of every ulcer.

Spooky Woods

"Dun worry, we'll just break your arms and legs and take you to a healer."

Darst intends to use nonlethal force, in that the pick itself should not cause death.
    10 seconds. "Any last words I should tell anyone if I ever get cured?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

"What exactly are you intending to do with the egg first?" Harnel asks. He's only presented Libra with the autograph and the magchete for now
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mysterious Room]

"You could? Why?" Eight asks, curiosity coloring it's voice.

[Libra's Meeting Point]

Libra shrugs, "I dunno, eat it? I just wanted you to get it. Since you wanted to become a dragon I got the idea you needed to get a dragon egg and then turn you into that kind of dragon." She nods.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

"I don't like that though. I meant to be the same kind of dragon as my mother; An adult red dragon of the kind from my homeworld."

"Also, don't eat the egg, please. that's just a level of wrong I don't even want to broach."
    Harnel says, giving Libra a look.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mysterious Room]

"You could? Why?" Eight asks, curiosity coloring it's voice.
    "Why could I find them? Well, I've got eyes, two limbs that can engage in a form of locomotion called walking, opposable thumbs to open doors... you get the picture." He stretches a bit. "Why would I? Well, you seem to be suffering. Maybe I a physical body would help that. I'm not completely devoid of compassion. And maybe that will let me go, so, you know, I can do stuff I like, like kissing pretty girls and saving the day."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

There's a slight shakes from the egg. Almost like whatever is inside is moving.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spooky forest

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    10 seconds. "Any last words I should tell anyone if I ever get cured?"
    "If I die, I fully intend to take you with me."

Amil may notice the five bottles hanging from Darst's belt.

She may recognize them as Trog's Dragon Liver Buster. Is he willing to light one of those?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

[Spooky Forest]

((Waiting for Rebo.))

9. - Top - End - #39

[Libra's Meeting Point]

"Hmph, well you could have stolen your grandmother's egg then and made this much easier. But fine! You become that kind of dragon, but I still like to know what you want to do with the egg, it's all... move-y and stuff. Does it really count as a egg if it's hatched?" Libra asks with an amused smile.

She then appears right next to him and whispers. "Don't worry, it totally does count."

And then she's laying on the ground watching the egg.

"So is this how your baby is going to look like?"

[Mysterious Room]

"What."

Eight pauses as the radio start playing Fur Elise.

"But yes, will you do that? Do that now? Need empty body, empty body of will but not of mind, empty consciousness. You understand?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

"She's trapped on the other side of the veil until we can repair what's been done to her." The drow explains. "My name's Raril, by the way. I'm Zee's husband."

Raril's fairly healthy, considering all he's been through. Magical healing was good for some things. An interesting feature of his physiology would be his ability to see into the infrared spectrum. The scan may pick up on his lycanthropy, as well.

He blinks at the alien when it starts babbling. "I'm betting you don't speak Common, do you?" That was a problem. Raril wondered if the fellow would object to a spell being cast on him.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

[Mysterious Room]

"Air scout's honor, I will find you a body devoid of will, but with a mind. I understand." He raises his arm, swearing an oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

"She's trapped on the other side of the veil until we can repair what's been done to her." The drow explains. "My name's Raril, by the way. I'm Zee's husband."

Raril's fairly healthy, considering all he's been through. Magical healing was good for some things. An interesting feature of his physiology would be his ability to see into the infrared spectrum. The scan may pick up on his lycanthropy, as well.

He blinks at the alien when it starts babbling. "I'm betting you don't speak Common, do you?" That was a problem. Raril wondered if the fellow would object to a spell being cast on him.
    "And how do we do that?" Cierra asks as she stands up, brushing off her knees.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-09-27 at 08:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

Harnel blinks, surprised and near stunned that the egg could hatch now, "I've decided that this is going to be one of the things returned. Would you mind sending the egg back to the nest I got it from before it hatches all the way?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

The shaking's getting more noticeable now, and something is making a tapping sound inside the egg.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Mysterious Room]

"Good, good! Then you may go back, no use of thi-" And before Eight can finish that sentence Neon will find himself waking up yet again. Hopefully for real this time.

[Libra's Meeting Point]

"Hm?" Libra glances up at Harnel. "Oh, I won't return anything. You'll have to do that yourself. So is this like your child is going to be huh?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

"No, any half-dragon children I have with Cessie will be liveborn. Please Libra? I don't want to screw up the child's psychological development because I'm the first thing it saw. or you were the first thing it say. the baby should see it's mother." Harnel says, starting to get very worried about the egg hatching here.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

[Mysterious Room -> Home on the Range]

Daniel sits up and rubs his eyes. "I have got to stop eating a liter of marshmallow sauce before bed." He looks over to see if Sam is still around.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

Crack!

A little, clawed hand emerges from the egg through a small hole it made. The scales on it's hand are red with gold along the bottom edge of each scale.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

The alien almost certainly doesn't speak common.

And Divaonar almost certainly looks like a little half-drow boy. As a matter of fact, so does the other unnamed chimera! With wide reds eyes lacking whites and dark black skin. His hair is a kalidascope of colors and patterns with a few parrots feathers sticking out of it. Like many of the chimeras he's dressed in a fairly modern outfit.

The two boys are presently conversing whilst the grownups talk.

Divaonar is sharing several toy cars! He's got plenty to spare.

[Spooky Woods]

Amil forms a shield over her left two arms, settling into a combat ready stance. "I can tell them myself since I plan on living. I'm sure there's someone who will know how to cure you."

She's not about to yield her ground!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #49

[Libra's Meeting Point]

"Bah! I'm not 'fix-it-all' as I told you before!" She exclaims with a sweeping gesture. "If you got a problem, you need to fix it."

[Mysterious Room -> Home on the Range]

Sam should be there along with his belongings, maybe he really did wake up after all.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

[Spooky Forest]

The hut bursts apart! A towering shape rises, growing and growing until it towers above the trees!

Were-moose!

Giant kaiju sized were-moose!

That's disconcerting. A giant hoof comes down and tries to stomp on Amil!

___

[Home on the Range]

The Knight hops up and quickly tries to break camp. He's got a quest to get to, after all. If there are no further incidents, he'll head off to seek out the body he promised.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-09-27 at 08:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

Harnel gives Libra a glare, "Yeah, and I would if I wasn't worried about the baby seeing me, but I am. I've asked you politely because I consider you a friend Libra. Friends help each other out and do things for one another."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Libra's Meeting Point]

The little hand is withdrawn back into the egg. It starts teetering back and forth a bit as the baby works at widening the hole.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

Infrared capabilities noted. If that works as heat vision, he may notice the aliens have a slightly lower base body temperature than most living things. Unless the Lycanthropy has some evidence in his normal form, the scanner will not notice. It can't pick up any magic besides "that does not make sense, physics-wise."

The male tries to explain that he can understand common, but some of the details are lost. However, this is not in common, so there is no way to know what is being said...

Unless, of course, Raril does cast a language spell.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

Caroline continues on, waiting with the Caravan.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Spooky Forest]

Wow.

That's a big moose.

Amil deftly leaps to the side, narrowly avoiding getting moose-stomped by the twenty foot tall critter of doom!

She then lines up her tangle-web gun and fires!

The weapon lobs an egg-sack which explodes upon nearing the moose, hurling spider-like crawlies everywhere! The spiders will begin crawling all over and wrapping in silk anything they land on!

In this case the intended target being the moose's legs.

The silk is many times stronger than steel and quite the bugger to break. Thick, too.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spooky Forest

Big moose, big stomp. Dasrt is not impressed. He proceeds to display this by attempting to break the moose's leg with his pick. Specifically, he is trying to hit it from the side, possibly putting the knee out of joint.

Is he strong enough to do it?

He is a man among Deep Dwarfs. Too long in the mines, my friend. Far too long in the mines.

"Eat steel, horrid beast!"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    River

"Well...." Jasper smirks, and, with a flourish, pulls the coin out of his ear. Or at least it sure looks like he did. "That space where my brain is supposed to be is good for storing all sorts of things." Of course, he's had the coin in hand since shortly before they teleported. But why tell the truth when he can show off?
    Mary raises her eyebrows, then grins. "Neat trick. I almost buy it." The Lady steps closer to Jasper, trying to get a closer look at that coin. "What all can it do, anyways?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lost]

The lights are coming right at them. Why isn't Adir moving? "Adir." She sounds scared. The lights are getting closer. Sakura pushes the stag, trying to get him to move out of the light's path. "Adir!"
    Adir stumbles forward upon the initial shove, then starts really moving. Practically dragging Sakura along. "Crap, crap, cr--" He's cut off by a horrid moan from their left, followed by the flap of membranous wings. Something else decided to move, too.

The thing misses them by mere feet, passing in silence on it's unfathomable journey through the dark. By the time a crash sounds from above, the alien mass has disappeared entirely. Seconds later, the whole landscape around them is revealed in a flash of ghostly light.

Adir and Sakura have somehow made their way back to the plateau, but little familiarity remains. High above, a perpetual lightning strike crosses the sky, like a crack in the void. For miles around, the dry grasses shudder with life, and strange shapes move amidst them. Tall, pale men walk between the scant trees, and strange plodding things cross the fields at a snail's pace. In the distance, a titanic beast crosses the land, sending a shudder through the earth with each step. A city rests upon his back, and lights glint there still, glaring out at the two visitors. It's hard to discern the giant's features, as it's full breadth disappears quickly. Gone forever.

A pipeline the size of a battle tank, rusted and torn, winds away into the horizon ahead of them. Between one of it's ruptured sections rolls another set of orange lights, piercing the dark and giving a low growl. In the fey's direction, particularly.

"I don't think we're supposed to be here."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-27 at 11:41 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #58

River

"It controls unreality. Lets me ignore the laws of physics when they get in my way, simply walk through "real" objects, even pull myself out of reality entirely and re-appear elsewhere. Won it in a card game." Jasper says, his tone unserious, even though he's telling the absolute truth for once. He actually did win it in a card game, as silly as it sounds. "So, basically, it's pure shenanigans in artifact form."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lost]

"Adir." Her voice is a whisper, her eys wide as she takes in the strange sights. This is all too much for Sakura. She's scared, exhausted, and just wants to go home. "We've got to get out of here." She says, her voice growing stronger. Her eyes settle on the lights. "Maybe we can go back the way we came. Wait until it's day." There's a hint of desperation in her voice. But how did they get even this far? Can they even get back?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

River

"Yeah? A card game with who?" Legion says, trying to get a closer look at the coin itself. She rests her hands on Jasper's arms. "Sounds like an Object, sorta. But way cooler."

Lost

"I'm not sure I--" Adir begins, before being cut off again by those strange lights. But they're not the same, this time... instead, they're a set of strangely hexagonal lights. On the front of a dirty old pickup truck.

Gerald the blue-skinned farmer rolls up out of the dark, glaring out one window. His pet growls in the truckbed, watching their visitors. "Get in. Quick."

Adir hesitates a moment before trying to lead Sakura around the side of the truck. Seems wise, considering.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-28 at 12:32 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters