New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default (pathfinder) optimized to make your dm cry

playing in a game my dm made us fight a fighter that one shotted the hole group

this got me thining

what is the most broken over powererd builds u can do useing only the pathfinder books and some imagination

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: (pathfinder) optimized to make your dm cry

All pathfinder? Pathfinder since they released the new system?

My favorite build currently is designed to just be hard to kill. (core only)

2 Paladin, 3 Sorcerer, 10 Dragon Disciple, 5 Eldritch knight.

Go gnome, buff your AC as high as possible, give yourself a ton of miss chances, get a ring of evasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    All pathfinder? Pathfinder since they released the new system?

My favorite build currently is designed to just be hard to kill. (core only)

2 Paladin, 3 Sorcerer, 10 Dragon Disciple, 5 Eldritch knight.

Go gnome, buff your AC as high as possible, give yourself a ton of miss chances, get a ring of evasion.
    i mention all cause the advanced players guide makes broken builds a lot easyer

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

With PF changes, Wizard 20 is the best by far. Well, you can take full casting PrCs but besides that... I mean, what do you want, really?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I know there still stuff like the fact that by level 8 u can have magic jar with a save of 28 and use that to clear out rooms without even a stratch

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

This is teh second time in a week I've heard about the uberness of casters in PF. Gonna have to check it out to see what was changed to make them so much better over regular 3.5.
    The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

What is best in life?
    To win initiative, to roll natural 20s, and to hear the lamentations of the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    And in reality, a golem made out of neutronium would...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BobSutan View Post
    This is teh second time in a week I've heard about the uberness of casters in PF. Gonna have to check it out to see what was changed to make them so much better over regular 3.5.
    Oh my, another BobSomething. :D

Anyway, nothing. They got a few buffs...on the top classes in 3.5 anyway.
    The tier system shows cleric, druid, and wizard as tier one. Most of the spells are the same, a few got nerfed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobSutan View Post
    TBH, casters are uber in 3.5, too.

Some highlights: Sorcs now get special powers related to bloodline.
    Casters have significantly more hp.
    Wizard Specialization grants additional benefits. You can still prepare spells from banned schools.
    Item familiars are core.
    Feats are more common. Melee feat chains were split apart to compensate. Casting feats were not.

Now, these are hardly the only PF changes, but they highlight why casters continue to perform well relative to melee.

I would question the build of any fighter that can one shot your entire group, though. At least, if you mean "killed you all in a single round". It's quite possible for a charger to do enough damage to one shot any reasonable build, and yes, magic is the best counter to that.