New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Dude, he's totally cute, but at the same time, he definitely is an embodiment of gluttony. I mean, have you seen him lately?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #242

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ah, bu Bugsy is 1920s Prohibition gangsters. As a musical with children.
    Never seen Bugsy Malone. Though characters from it were indicated as a guideline for my costume in the most recent NUGSS summer show.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    *late*

Kirby isn't cute, he's the embodiment of gluttony. Which just happens to be cute.
    Nah, that would be the Cookiemonster.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Kirby is the Id.

Just be glad he's only hungry right now.

Rather than... that... other... thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #244
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

JigglyPuff is cuter than Kirby. At least in Smash Bros.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kirby is altogether pretty sweet. The cute, badass, embodiment of gluttony.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    JigglyPuff is cuter than Kirby. At least in Smash Bros.
    Jigglypuff is a gorram waste of space in Smash Bros. "Characters from the games, not the anime" my ass. We could've had Mega Man...

Kirby is all the pink-sphere-of-cute we need.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2010-09-30 at 08:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    "Characters from the games, not the anime"
    Which is why we need an English release of this. I did manage to grab this in Japan though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #248

Jigglypuff is a gorram waste of space in Smash Bros. "Characters from the games, not the anime" my ass. We could've had Mega Man...

Kirby is all the pink-sphere-of-cute we need.
    In Brawl, she's a waste of space. In Melee, she's like this unstoppable killing machine. I used her on 4 people free for all matches and wont by like 10 points. Considering she has an ability to knock you out of the stage when you only have like 30 damage.

EDIT: And we couldn't have had MegaMan. Search your feelings, you know it's true.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2010-09-30 at 08:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

EDIT: And we couldn't have had MegaMan. Search your feelings, you know it's true.
    Inafune said he'd let Sakurai add Megaman. Inafune CREATED Megaman. We could've, easily. Instead we got.....Sonic...and Jigglypuff....and another Fire Emblem swordsman....and a THIRD Fox McCloud.

I'd better stop before this turns into one big SSB war...
    I'm licking my wounds and awaiting the announcement of SSB4.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2010-09-30 at 08:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

we're talking about smash brothers now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

11. - Top - End - #251

NecromancerGuy

Check out the You Thread, someone posted a pic of their nephew that looks like PK BEES Lucas.

As an aside, does anyone have any ideas about wedding gifts for 45 year old men who were perma-bachelors last you checked?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Are they marrying each other or...

I don't know. In my country, the traditional gift is either golden trinkets to be exchanged for cash, or house gifts.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    As an aside, does anyone have any ideas about wedding gifts for 45 year old men who were perma-bachelors last you checked?
    Wads of cash? If they don't like it, well, I wouldn't want you to have wrapped it in the shiny rubberband for nothing... *rubs hands together*
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-09-30 at 08:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Wads of cash? If they don't like it, well, I wouldn't want you to have wrapped it in the shiny rubberband for nothing... *rubs hands together*
    Everyone loves cash, it's so much more personal.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

I give my friends cash for their birthday, simply because:
    -It's a good universal gift.
    -They can keep it until there's something they want.
    -I'm terrible at choosing gifts for people.

16. - Top - End - #256

I try to think of actual gifts that I can give them, but don't always come up with anything. I'm a bit fail at present-giving. Sometimes I iust forget about it entirely

My costume is calling to me from upstairs. It knows my weakness for tailcoats and is tempting me.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #257

My friends ASK for cash. Hey, it makes buying presents easy!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #258

It took moving halfway across the state for most of my family to release the benefits of just giving cash or gift cards.

I've never understood the aversion to giving cash/gift cards, myself.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

It's pretty universal, so it works well...

I have to learn how to dance now, going to the homecoming dance
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    It took moving halfway across the state for most of my family to release the benefits of just giving cash or gift cards.

I've never understood the aversion to giving cash/gift cards, myself.
    It makes the whole thing a bit colder. I once had a christmas where all I ever got was cash. It was great, I needed it. But I couldn't shake off the feeling that I needed something else, something that in some way proved that they even knew me.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

It makes the whole thing a bit colder. I once had a christmas where all I ever got was cash. It was great, I needed it. But I couldn't shake off the feeling that I needed something else, something that in some way proved that they even knew me.
    They could have put it in a big box and wrapped it all up nice and fancy. Would that have been better?

22. - Top - End - #262

NecromancerGuy

Well, this specific case is that of my uncle, but my question was more of the general case of someone so old as to have all of their household goods by now anyway.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    They could have put it in a big box and wrapped it all up nice and fancy. Would that have been better?
    .......<.<

Maybe.

It is fun to open presents, but no... there was something else. I remember I did get a jacket that night, though. And a shirt. so those two were good presents. But it's not like I can buiy stuff with the money and think "oh, look, that's what my grandma gave me". I'll never relate it.

24. - Top - End - #264

We could've had Mega Man...
    We could've had G Red dude! Think of the G Red-ness!

Man I would love this game if G Red was in it.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Inafune said he'd let Sakurai add Megaman. Inafune CREATED Megaman. We could've, easily. Instead we got.....Sonic...and Jigglypuff....and another Fire Emblem swordsman....and a THIRD Fox McCloud.

I'd better stop before this turns into one big SSB war...
    I'm licking my wounds and awaiting the announcement of SSB4.
    I would've liked Megaman in ADDITION to. Not instead of others present. Just use one of the open corners for the Blue Bomber, and the other for "randomize".

The reason they turned Rock down was that Capcom had changed their mind about a game that was originally supposed to be a Nintendo exclusive, releasing it later on another console, where it sold better. It sucks... Rockman was the only thing that really felt missing from that game...
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-10-01 at 02:41 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

I have no problem with relating gift-money to gift-giver. It helps to have a hobby where buying to suit the recipient's taste is perilous-at-best. A gift certificate for the fabric shop is juuuuuust fine.

The broad alternative to "object" gift is "experience" gift, like a coupon for a free 'strange hobby gift-giver never tried but would probably like' lesson, or contributions towards travel, or such. The "experience" gift works better when the receiver isn't trying to build a new household and needs objects for it, but late marriages are more about condensing households, so it should be ok.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

When Alarra and I got married, we specifically asked for money and gift cards for two reasons. First and foremost, we were getting married in South Dakota and living in Maryland. Hauling a bunch of traditional gifts back with us on the airplane would have been problematic at best (as it was we had to have her mother drive a minivan full of stuff we couldn't take with us down later). Second, like Quincunx said, we're both far enough along in life that we were doing a lot of paring down of our duplicate items. There wasn't a whole lot we needed as a couple that we didn't have individually already.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Banned

Alright, now that my husband's finally left the vicinity. . .

Curse the iPad and its ebook facility! That's just eliminated books as a possible gift with any element of surprise! Buying stand-alone electronic gizmos is chancy enough but download-only credits just do not have that whiff of permanence.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Today has not been a good day.

Overslept this morning, waking up 15 minutes before my shift at work started, and with a half hour drive, that's problematic at best.

Also, I found that my brother had tried calling me this morning, but I'd slept through it.

He did get hold of me just as I was about to head off to work, and gave me the news that my uncle, that's battled cancer for a long time finally passed away last night. Suddenly, getting to work in a hurry wasn't that high on my priority list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

30. - Top - End - #270

My internet connection has been so utterly unstable here. It should be OK from now on though, and a consistent posting frequency from yours truly can return.

So I got to meet Fred today. He's a cool frood.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Sadly, I do not know who Fred is

OH! Yes, I do. ^^; Silly me.

We saw a naked mummy, some old stuff, and got to mock the terrible computer games in Smith's.
    Like the Titanic Mysteries. The protagonist has to solve all the puzzles before the ship sinks. OR SHE DIES!!
    Or Murder She Wrote the computer game. Or a Vampire! ship with a curse.
    Or a How To Write A Novel software programme. I kid you not.
    Don't forget the DVDs. Especially the capriciously high-charged and extremely largely capable Roman general... Virulus.
    Oh, and the hilariously-titled Mills & Boon novels.

HORSE LAND!
    *snerk*
    That was amazing. Looking at that picture of the mother and daughter on the beach...
    Spoiler
    Show
    HORSE LAND

Also, the eighteenth-century painting of two noble children that "looks like it's from the 1940s-50s" and the 'photo' of boats, and... just fantastic comments everywhere.

Oh, and Curly was smaller than a carriage wheel.

I'm willing to bet there were at least one or two "Barbie *Blank* Adventure* games as well, or whatever equivalent insipid pop icon gets more coverage then they deserve. <.<;
    Those were in the DVD section.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    OMGOMGOMG!
    I love my costume for Ruddigore! I don't want to have to give it back next saturday. Also I spent the entire rehearsal wearing it unnecessarily. I iust didn't want to take it off.

Show's gonna be good...
    I love a good costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    My costume is calling to me from upstairs. It knows my weakness for tailcoats and is tempting me.
    And I would marry a great costume and start a family with it. That way I'd end up with more great costumes.

ION:
    While I was with Curly my Weight Watchers flatmate toasted her thin bread, which burnt and set off the fire alarm, and the entire block had to evacuate.

Now the offending crispy bread slice is taped to the fridge door. I wonder how long it'll take to go mouldy.
    Last edited by Fifty-Eyed Fred; 2010-10-01 at 08:37 AM.