New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Oh! Um, I'm Heartflight."

"oooh, does that mean your heart takes flight?"
    Cloud giggled, it was rhetorical, best not to indulge in a real answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Yeah. I invited Garion since I doubt he makes many friends in that tower, and probably doesn't get out much..." Smoothie says, hoping this was okay.
    "Who?" Spark asked flicking his ears.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Who?" Spark asked flicking his ears.
    "Best to just simplify it a lot and say that he's a new foal in town." Smoothie says, thinking of how hard it would be to explain where Garion came from and how and all that stuff.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

To Cloud Chaser, Spark couldn't help but comment, a little playfully:
    "I don't know if you chase clouds, but I've never seen your brother chase any sparks."

And to the main discussion:

"So, do we want to wait on him, or do we want to get the business stuff out of the way first? I mean, he'll miss all the excitement, but..."

He'd have never said that the planning portions were the boring stuff. They were the most fun. The most fun, you guys.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And so, the pair of ponies trotted out. Garion, naturally, spent most of the time pestering her about all the wonders of the woods and the world. Soon enough, they reached their destination, the library looming large. Garion gulped and trotted a little closer to Gwyn's side.

Gwynfillion glanced down at the foal as they walked closer to the library, her own recent memories of it not so pleasant, she couldn't help but smile a little.

"Don't fret Garion, its like my library of books, just with more books,"
    She told him as she opened the door for him.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Bells went off in Smoothie's head. Literally. She'd put an enchantment on the front doors to indicate when a new visitor had come in

Well, that was convenient. Smoothie went out to greet them. "Well, he's probably here now, so that answers that question." She says as she walks out the door to the front of the library.

"Hi Gwyn. Hi Garion." She says after she gets close, as they are in a library and they're supposed to be quiet.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion glanced down at the foal as they walked closer to the library, her own recent memories of it not so pleasant, she couldn't help but smile a little.

"Don't fret Garion, its like my library of books, just with more books,"
    She told him as she opened the door for him.
    Garion shook himself and stood up straight, just like she'd taught him. "Right, Gentlecolts don't fret." He trotted in the door, head held high and heart pounding.

Bells went off in Smoothie's head. Literally. She'd put an enchantment on the front doors to indicate when a new visitor had come in.

Well, that was convenient. Smoothie went out to greet them. "Well, he's probably here now, so that answers that question." She says as she walks out the door to the front of the library.

"Hi Gwyn. Hi Garion." She says after she gets close, as they are in a library and they're supposed to be quiet.
    And then promptly eep'd and backed up to Miss Gwyn's side when the other pony greeted her. "How...how'd you know my name?" He spoke in awe from behind/beside Miss Gwyn.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh uh hello there Smoothie,"
    She greeted the teenage-ish foal. She then quickly turned to Garion and sweat dropped for a moment trying to figure out an answer that wouldn't bring up the wrong questions.

"Oh uh...I mentioned you to her earlier,"
    She said with a forced smile,

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Garion shook himself and stood up straight, just like she'd taught him. "Right, Gentlecolts don't fret." He trotted in the door, head held high and heart pounding.

And then promptly eep'd and backed up to Miss Gwyn's side when the other pony greeted her. "How...how'd you know my name?" He spoke in awe from behind/beside Miss Gwyn.
    "I'm omniscient." Smoothie says, with a completely straight face.

She greeted the teenage-ish foal. She then quickly turned to Garion and sweat dropped for a moment trying to figure out an answer that wouldn't bring up the wrong questions.

Or that. That made sense too. "Hi Gwyn. Thanks for letting Garion come over." she says, and introduces herself to Garion. "Hello, my name is Smoothie." she says waving politely and giving him a small smile.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

She shot Smoothie an angry glare for that. Thankfully though, Garion most likely didn't know what the word even meant to get spooked of it, though she didn't look forward to him asking what it meant.

Or that. That made sense too. "Hi Gwyn. Thanks for letting Garion come over." she says, and introduces herself to Garion. "Hello, my name is Smoothie." she says waving politely and giving him a small smile.
    "Yes...right..." She was starting to have second thoughts about this, she glanced off to the side.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

She shot Smoothie an angry glare for that. Thankfully though, Garion most likely didn't know what the word even meant to get spooked of it, though she didn't look forward to him asking what it meant.
    "...Sorry. It was a joke." she said in response to Gwyn's angry glare, kinda shrinking.

"Uh, I'm not omniscient. I don't think anypony is, I was just making an attempt at a lame joke. Sorry." she said to Garion. Well, this party was off to a fantastic start.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, I'm not omniscient. I don't think anypony is, I was just making an attempt at a lame joke. Sorry." she said to Garion. Well, this party was off to a fantastic start.

Garion just looked confused at Smoothie's explanation, and then second explanation. Jokes and long words and what the hay? Thankfully, he missed the silent exchange between Miss Gwyn and this new pony.

Thankfully, Miss Gwyn offered something that actually made sense. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh." He nodded knowingly, like this was some great secret he'd just comprehended. He made a mental note to ask Miss Gwyn what that meant later.

Garion gave a polite, controlled wave, completely at odds with his nervous-looking face. "Hello. I'm Garion. Except...you sort of knew that already."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-15 at 10:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Garion gave a polite, controlled wave, completely at odds with his nervous-looking face. "Hello. I'm Garion. Except...you sort of knew that already."
    "Yes. Well, Garion, I hope you have fun. I have no idea what kind of things you like to do, but I'm sure my friends would be willing to give it a shot. They're in that room right there-" Smoothie says and points to the room "-if you two would like to introduce yourselves. This is only slightly related, but you aren't afraid of bats, are you Garion?" she asked the foal.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. Well, Garion, I hope you have fun. I have no idea what kind of things you like to do, but I'm sure my friends would be willing to give it a shot. They're in that room right there-" Smoothie says and points to the room "-if you two would like to introduce yourselves. This is only slightly related, but you aren't afraid of bats, are you Garion?" she asked the foal.
    Garion peeked around Miss Gwyn to the "other door", though all he could really see was the light peeking out from underneath the door. He started tilting his head, before remembering gentlecolts always kept their backs straight. So he settled for a raised eyebrow, like he saw Miss Gwyn do all the time. "What's a bat?"

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Garion peeked around Miss Gwyn to the "other door", though all he could really see was the light peeking out from underneath the door. He started tilting his head, before remembering gentlecolts always kept their backs straight. So he settled for a raised eyebrow, like he saw Miss Gwyn do all the time. "What's a bat?"
    Smoothie went behind the main library desk, pulled out something from a mini-fridge, and levitated it in the air. Before Garion could see whatever it was, there was a flapping, and a small *Squee* before whatever it was alighted on top of Smoothie's hat.

"This is a bat. Her name is Umbra, and she's very sweet." smoothie says. Umbra looked pretty cute for being a bat, but may look scary to Garion.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

Pffft, Garion dealt with a covered wagon sized purple wurm, a bat, was minimal scary level :P . Gwynfillion gave Smoothie an odd look. "That..uhm..critter...its had its shots right?"

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

After Smoothie didn't come back right away, Pyrite trotted out of the reading room and to the front of the library where all of this was going on.

"Oh, hey. This that guy you invited?"

He asked, offering a nice and friendly smile to the colt.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie went behind the main library desk, pulled out something from a mini-fridge, and levitated it in the air. Before Garion could see whatever it was, there was a flapping, and a small *Squee* before whatever it was alighted on top of Smoothie's hat.

"This is a bat. Her name is Umbra, and she's very sweet." smoothie says. Umbra looked pretty cute for being a bat, but may look scary to Garion.
    Garion looked up at the bat, eyes getting a little wide at seeing something new. "Scared? I'm twice it's size, why'd I be scared of it?" Garion chuckled as the little thing squee'd away and gave it a wave. "Hello Umbra, I'm Garion."

EDIT NINJAS EVERYWHERE GAH:

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    After Smoothie didn't come back right away, Pyrite trotted out of the reading room and to the front of the library where all of this was going on.

And then the thing just spoke with a colt's voice. Garion eep'd again and shrunk back to Miss Gwyn before noticing the colt standing right there. Oh. That would make a bit more sense then a talking bat. He edged back out, studying this other colt for now.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-15 at 10:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Garion looked up at the bat, eyes getting a little wide at seeing something new. "Scared? I'm twice it's size, why'd I be scared of it?" Garion chuckled as the little thing squee'd away and gave it a wave. "Hello Umbra, I'm Garion."
    Smoothie shrugs. "Lots of ponies are afraid of things, even if they're not actually threatening, or shouldn't reasonably be scary. harmless bugs, clowns, dolls, stuff like that."

"Yes. Pyrite, this is Garion. Garion, this is Pyrite."

Umbra Squeed in greeting at Pyrite.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oooh, does that mean your heart takes flight?"
    Cloud giggled, it was rhetorical, best not to indulge in a real answer.
    Fortunately, Heart was saved having to answer by the mention of Garion. Iiiiinteresting, she thought, before pulling out a box she had brought with her. "By the way, I brought some red bean buns. Made them myself, hope y'all like 'em." The red bean buns were puffy balls of dough sprinkled with sesame seeds and filled with azuki bean paste, which was a sweet, bean-textured paste and very delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Interestedly, Heartflight, Spark and Cloud were in a whole different room in the inner library, so Heartflight must have super hearing to hear what was going on near the library entrance

"Red sweet buns?" Cloud asked curiously.

Spark laid on the reading chair reading some comics, he had watched Smoothie and Pyrite leave the sound proof reading room and briefly wondered what those two were up to...But...

The Wonderbolts comic just got to the good part where they were fighting the evil Doctor Wonderglue, sticky fiend of fiends.
    ---

Meanwhile, at the entrance of the library

Gwynfillion looked at the other foal that popped up and took this as her cue to leave.

"Be good Garion, okay? Try not to get dirty, don't eat too many sweets, and brush your teeth before bed,"
    She pulled out a small ziploc bag that held a tooth brush and a small tube of toothpaste.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-15 at 11:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

"Sup? Don't worry about being the new guy in town; we don't bite."

Not since they booted out that colt who thought he was a dog... A lot of odd things happen during a timeskip, Pyrite mused.

"Would you like to meet the rest of the gang?"

He asked, to smooth things over a bit.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. Pyrite, this is Garion. Garion, this is Pyrite."

Umbra Squeed in greeting at Pyrite.
    EDIT: ASDFDSFSDKFDSKDFSDFKDFNINJAS

"Sup? Don't worry about being the new guy in town; we don't bite."

Not since they booted out that colt who thought he was a dog... A lot of odd things happen during a timeskip, Pyrite mused.

"Would you like to meet the rest of the gang?"

He asked, to smooth things over a bit.
    Garion gave a little nervous wave at the new colt. It was weird, seeing another colt like him. His mane was done up like his, but he was talking all funny. Not at all like a true gentlecolt. Unless maybe he was still learning? Oh, right, he just asked something. "O-okay. In a minute, I just have to say g-goodbye."

He turned to Miss Gwyn, just as:

Meanwhile, at the entrance of the library

Gwynfillion looked at the other foal that popped up and took this as her cue to leave.

"Be good Garion, okay? Try not to get dirty, don't eat too many sweets, and brush your teeth before bed,"
    She pulled out a small ziploc bag that held a tooth brush and a small tube of toothpaste.
    Garion nipped up the bag with his mouth and carefully tucked it away in those pockets ponies always seem to have. He nodded duitifully at all her fussing. "I'll be good, I won't, I'll remember this time." Just then, it hit him; he was going to be spending the night (the whole night!) in this huge library, while Miss Gwyn was far, far away in her tower. Before he could really stop himself, he was clinging tightly to her foreleg, half hugging her, and half keeping her from leaving.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-15 at 11:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: ASDFDSFSDKFDSKDFSDFKDFNINJAS
    I'm not a ninja. I'm an outer god.

Garion gave a little nervous wave at the new colt. It was weird, seeing another colt, especially one with his mane done all messy. Weren't gentlecolts supposed to keep those tidy? And why'd he talk so funny? Oh, right, he just asked something. "O-okay. In a minute, I just have to say g-goodbye."

Garion nipped up the bag with his mouth and carefully tucked it away in those pockets ponies always seem to have. He nodded duitifully at all her fussing. "I'll be good, I won't, I'll remember this time." Just then, it hit him; he was going to be spending the night (the whole night!) in this huge library, while Miss Gwyn was far, far away in her tower. Before he could really stop himself, he was clinging tightly to her foreleg, half hugging her, and half keeping her from leaving.
    Smoothie....had nothing to say to this. She knew that feeling all too well, and was not about to say anything about it. She'd just wait until whatever happened, happened.

She fed Umbra another mosquito larva in the meantime.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

"Ack...Garion..." Gwynfillion frowned and nudged the foal off her leg. "Its going to be okay Garion." Dang, this was cute.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

"Ack...Garion..." Gwynfillion frowned and nudged the foal off her leg. "Its going to be okay Garion." Dang, this was cute.
    It would take a little doing, but Garion was coaxed off her leg. The foal looked up at her, feeling so incredibly small. "You're coming back in the morning, right? Promise?" he squeaked out, eyes starting to water. True gentlecolts don't cry, true gentlecolts don't cry, true gentlecolts don't cry...

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

It would take a little doing, but Garion was coaxed off her leg. The foal looked up at her, feeling so incredibly small. "You're coming back in the morning, right? Promise?" he squeaked out, eyes starting to water. True gentlecolts don't cry, true gentlecolts don't cry, true gentlecolts don't cry...

"What? Of course I am, I promise,"
    She knelt down and put a hoof on his shoulder. "Bright and early in the morning I'll be there and you can tell me about what you did." Those words sounded right at least.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

"What? Of course I am, I promise,"
    She knelt down and put a hoof on his shoulder. "Bright and early in the morning I'll be there and you can tell me about what you did." Those words sounded right at least.
    Garion smiled back up at her and wiped the moisture from his eyes. "*sniff* That doesn't sound too bad." He wrapped his little forelegs around her in a warm hug and gave her a gentle nuzzle. His last one had been a hug greedily keeping the other pony confined and restricted, saved all for one's self. This hug? This was the sort of hug that said "Please don't forget I love you", without so much as saying a word.

(It's official; there must be some sort of hamminess contaminant in the water near Gwyn's tower. )
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-16 at 10:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

Garion smiled back up at her and wiped the moisture from his eyes. "*sniff* That doesn't sound too bad." He wrapped his little forelegs around her in a warm hug and gave her a gentle nuzzle. His last one had been a hug greedily keeping the other pony confined and restricted, saved all for one's self. This hug? This was the sort of hug that said "Please don't forget I love you", without so much as saying a word.

(It's official; there must be some sort of hamminess contaminant in the water near Gwyn's tower. )
    (No wonder it sometimes tastes funny)

She found herself softening at the adorkable's foal unconditional affection for a mare like her. She closed her eyes and returned to the hug holding him with one leg. "You...you be a good boy okay?" She pecked him on his forelock and pulled back from the hug.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

(No wonder it sometimes tastes funny)

She found herself softening at the adorkable's foal unconditional affection for a mare like her. She closed her eyes and returned to the hug holding him with one leg. "You...you be a good boy okay?" She pecked him on his forelock and pulled back from the hug.
    Garion flushed a little, not expecting her to be this affectionate. It felt nice, like those few comforting touches when he'd first woken up in this town. He smiled and threw a stiff little salute; Mister Grills had been giving him a few private lessons on manners. "I will, Miss Gwyn. A gentlecolt doesn't break a promise."

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

Garion flushed a little, not expecting her to be this affectionate. It felt nice, like those few comforting touches when he'd first woken up in this town. He smiled and threw a stiff little salute; Mister Grills had been giving him a few private lessons on manners. "I will, Miss Gwyn. A gentlecolt doesn't break a promise."

"Good...I'm going to be off okay?"
    She slowly started to back away, in the testing the waters sort of way. She briefly looked at Smoothie and gave her a neutral look before looking back at Garion with a small smile.