New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: Evidence Sonic Team isn't paying attention to its own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Your so sure about that? No really....your sure. I would raise up Mario Galaxy and MARIO FRICKINGSUNSHINE to prove you wrong.
    Are you trying to say Galaxy and Sunshine were bad games? Because you're the one that's wrong in that case, bucko.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Your so sure about that? No really....your sure. I would raise up Mario Galaxy and MARIO FRICKINGSUNSHINE to prove you wrong.
    *Plays Super Mario Galaxy* THIS IS THE SECOND OR THIRD BEST GAME EVER!
    *Looks at post* Huh? that's like saying... Nobody at all likes Ike. It just.... doesn't.... happen... SUPER MARIO GALAXY!!! (L is real...)
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Are you trying to say Galaxy and Sunshine were bad games? Because you're the one that's wrong in that case, bucko.
    Sunshine was meh, but Galaxy is good. New Super Mario Bros. is a good throwback to Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game of this generation!?

how can you say it's bad?
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

... I actually stopped playing Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2. I wanted to play Shadow, but I never actually got worked up enough to get it...

Man, though, a lot of Amy's dialog (if not all of it, I'm still not sure) in Sonic Adventure 2 was annoying... And most of it was in the first one, too.

But the strangest part about her was how she spent the entirety of SA1 becoming tougher... Only to become an even more needy secondary character in SA2.

Also, Robotnik suddenly calling himself Eggman (even after his annoyance at the title) really confused me, though I now kind of see the reason why. Well, kind of...

... I liked Gamma's storyline in SA1 (is he in anything other than that board-game-one after that?). It was quite sad, but the sorrow gave it depth. It also had a point. I mean, they all had points for their storylines (though Big should've developed his grip further...), but E-102's managed to be an almost-linear adventure game, made complete with a coherent point. Not to mention, his storyline was extremely short, and he still managed to develop his character almost impossibly far... And it still made sense. Not to mention his awesome gun-arm. I miss the metal-guy...

And, honestly, the only Big level that didn't drive me to hair-pulling was his Chaos battle. And that still made little sense (Okay, I have three hundred pounds, a belt full of sharp, pointy objects, and a kick ass blue guy that can run so fast he has to stop to answer his cell. I'm'll fight this giant insect with a fishing rod!!!)

What I really miss (in gaming in general) was the nemesis-being that Chaos was. He had a plot-fed series of forms, and an interesting origin. Not to mention, he made for one of the better opening game scenes of all time (you can't tell me that wasn't awesome )

Ultimately, I liked the Sonic Adventure games quite a bit (90% of it, at the very least), but as far as game reviews tell me, it is a zombie. It has fallen into the hands of a very unstable necromancer who has mutilated it. Why, I don't know. But if the awesomeness really can't be resurrected nowadays, just let it rest.

...Holy crap. My computer doesn't know the word should've. Oh, yes. That was totally on-topic.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

They should have never made him call himself Robotnik anyway. Hes the one who chosed his nickname Eggman and he call almost all his invention «egg» something (even when they still called him robotnik he called all his inventions «Egg» something). He like that and hes a mad scientist so he can like it if he want! He never called himself Robotnik anywhere else then in America.

Anyway, I'm I the only one who really like the two sonic adventures? Come on, SAB2 is still one of my favorite game of all time. The 3D didnt kill sonic, Sega bankruptcy killed Sonic.

What I really dont like about the plot in the new games is not just the character derailment but how they tried to mix the comics with the games. Sally never existed in the games and the planet Mobius didnt exist either, they were always on Earth! I never considered the comics to be anything else then a sonic fanfic (a good one but still). And then in Sonic X (which is unfortunately supposed to be cannon) they were on Mobius but got teleported on Earth...And Eggman and Knuckles were both also on Mobius...despite the fact that Eggman got family on Earth and there is ruins of Knuckles ancestor all across Earth. And despite the fact that Shadow was created on Earth with the power of the chaos emerald 50 years ago even if at the time those chaos emerald were still on Mobius. Come on. You cant mix the comics or the old cartoon with the games. You know what they did in Sonic and the Black Knight? Sonic eating chili dogs...
    In memory of lord Shojo

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds like a huge mess, Querzis (it'd probably a good job they gave up on the Sonic SatAM game judging by how they would have probably tried to work that into the other games as well). I actually remember reading somewhere that Big is 617 Lbs, which is concerning as far as his health goes. He was definitly my last favourite character ever due to how boring his levels are. Also, was it ever explained regarding how he got on board the Egg Carrier in SA 1?
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am. But this isn't a topic about truths, its one of opinions. Long past are the days of side scrolling mario games, whose point was to save te princess after dodging, slaying, and platforming your way to the end of the level. A simpler time....one without 3-D worlds, without silly notions of other things for characters to do other then stomp on mushrooms....

Are you seeing what i'm getting at?
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In other news:

..................dammit, Sega.
    Thank you, Devil's Advocate for sending me this link so I can finally erase my old signature!

https://forums.giantitp.com/profile....=editsignature

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder if Tail's barrel roll can deflect enemy attacks? I also wonder how it will compare to Sonic Drift (I thought those games were quite fun).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

I am. But this isn't a topic about truths, its one of opinions.
    If it's a "topic of opinions," as you say, then how exactly could you be "proving me wrong?" Your opinion may disagree with mine (and in this particular case, over 8 million other gamers) but it "proves" jack squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtbot360 View Post
    In other news:

*facepalm*
    *facedesk*
    *facewall*

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

In other news:

What do you think the odds are that Tails' vehicle can fly? Or that the gameplay will resemble that FMV at all really?

I still can't understand the idea of putting Sonic in a vehicle.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

*sees video*
    Sega must be insane...
    Yeah, Sonic in a car... unless it's the only way Sonic won't be a gamebreaker, why not just keep him on foot?
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

In other news:

I'll go cry in a corner now. I should really just abandon all hope of ever seeing a 3D Sonic game as good as the two sonic adventures.
    In memory of lord Shojo

15. - Top - End - #75

AssassinGuy

and double dammit-same out-of-nowhere concept, more characters!.

In more positive news I'm digging all the new square enix games coming out. Darn it, though, Dissidia. Makin' me buy a PSP after all this time.
    Last edited by Thoughtbot360; 2009-08-07 at 04:18 PM.
    Thank you, Devil's Advocate for sending me this link so I can finally erase my old signature!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    *sees video*
    Sega must be insane...
    Yeah, Sonic in a car... unless it's the only way Sonic won't be a gamebreaker, why not just keep him on foot?
    Agreed. Sonic should not be in any form of vehicle ever. EVER DAMMIT! He can outrun half of Eggman's methods of transport and they normally fly!

For that matter enough of seeing villains playing these little games with the heroes. Why the hell would Eggman bother putting together a truck to go race with Sonic and Tails? Why wouldn't he just blow them up with something a little less fair?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Agreed. Sonic should not be in any form of vehicle ever. EVER DAMMIT!
    Not even a submarine? He still can't swim

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

No, not even a sub. All he needs in that case is some scuba gear so he doesn't drown.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Or, you know, conveniently placed bubbles that... TAILS!!!! NO!!!! I- *drowns*
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitely not... It makes killing him that much sweeter and easier.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

They should just take notes from Nintendo's E3 and announce an awesome 2D version of the game. And a follow up to a good/excellent 3D game too(It could only be Adventure 3 for Sonic).
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

22. - Top - End - #82

AssassinGuy

Hey, sorry for posting again, but I just fixed a link to the second game trailer that annoyed me.
    here it is again

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah I never got the point of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic game. But even if its pointless, the first game itself wasnt that bad, just very very short. Anyway, on a brighter note:

Quote Originally Posted by Querzis View Post
    I should really just abandon all hope of ever seeing a 3D Sonic game as good as the two sonic adventures.
    When I wrote that I still had not played Sonic Unleashed. Its not as good as Sonic adventure 2 but its pretty much as good as Sonic adventure 1. Now I'm actually looking forward to the next Sonic games (...well excluding the car game).
    Last edited by Querzis; 2009-08-07 at 09:56 PM.
    In memory of lord Shojo

24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground

In other news:

Mwa-ha-ha! My eeeeevil plan have succeeded! Sonic will die now!

Please?

Its like a thread that started out good...
    And then got worse...
    And worse...
    And people just won't let it die, with thread necromancy etc.

Maybe we could get a Mod. to lock the franchise or something?

Or they could just make good games.
    Last edited by Llama231; 2009-08-07 at 05:57 PM.
    Hey. Do you want to help make a game?

Due to real life issues, I have been gon without warning for a while. I seem to be back now until further notice.

Thanks to Szilard for the Avatar!

If I am ever wrong, feel free to correct me. Learning is awesomesauce.

I like to edit my posts. A lot. As you may see, most of my posts will be edited, so if one is not, and you care about what I said, you may want to check it again a minute later.

Yes.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    bionic bunny
    what's an Arthur character doing in a thread about Sonic games?

oh and in response to the complaint about chili dogs in the new game. Sonic, in the cartoons, loves chili dogs. or at least in the ones I watched. in truth the comics are the only real canon in the series. and then only until comic 200. for me all the comics ended right there instead of the new plotline.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

I must be the only person on the Internet that actually liked Big the Cat and the fishing stages in Sonic Adventure. Sure, it was a bit random given it was supposed to be a game about running around fast, but I've always loved Mini Games. And well, there were three Minigame characters in Sonic Adventure, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    For that matter enough of seeing villains playing these little games with the heroes. Why the hell would Eggman bother putting together a truck to go race with Sonic and Tails? Why wouldn't he just blow them up with something a little less fair?
    Well, Bowser does it all the time.

That aside, what's up with that racing game?
    I mean, a normal racer would work. Just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and all these folks running around, having each their own advantages. That'd be pretty nice.

But vehicles?

I mean, most people should be able to see how redundant that is.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knolle View Post
    That aside, what's up with that racing game?
    I mean, a normal racer would work. Just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and all these folks running around, having each their own advantages. That'd be pretty nice.
    That's been done before and it did work.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

But vehicles?

I mean, most people should be able to see how redundant that is.
    It's so that not-Sonic characters other than Shadow can stand a chance against the Fastest Thing Alive.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    It's so that not-Sonic characters other than Shadow can stand a chance against the Fastest Thing Alive.
    But that reasoning falls apart when you realize that those characters don't have any difficulty keeping up canonically (see Sonic Advance, Sonic Rush, and Sonic Heroes) - Sonic may be faster, but they're at least comparable (except Eggman, the only one who should use a vehicle). They really shouldn't have any problem keeping up with Sonic when he's Super Sonic Racing.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I must be the only person on the Internet that actually liked Big the Cat and the fishing stages in Sonic Adventure.

Quiet, voice. I'm not going to go purging heretics over the Intarwebs today. No. Be quiet.

*Needs to know what happens after Sonic Chronicles. And immediately before it. And have both games be classic S3&K-style platformers or something*